The Rumor Mill

Scandalous

Chapter Two

Leeteuk had picked up three things that morning.

One: Lee Soo-man was out of his mind.

He respected his boss immensely, but to start a scandal to gain publicity? Obviously, he couldn’t go against a word Lee Soo-man said, but it was a bit much. And with someone he considered a little sister?

On the contrary, Taeyeon wasn’t so little anymore. Sure, she was small in her height, but she was in her twenty’s now. She had grown up to be a beautiful woman and he had been noticing.

Much to his dismay, Taeyeon seemed to be oblivious to his slight attraction towards her.

Two: Taeyeon was a very cute person.

He had seen her act cute on variety shows and radio shows, but he knew something for a fact. If Taeyeon ever actually had a boyfriend, she would be able to control him with her cuteness. Already he was obeying to her commands.

He was so, so pathetic.

Three: The Han River was a popular tourist spot, and therefore, had many people around.

Even in the morning, there were the elderly people and adults jogging, doing aerobic exercises, whatever. Not to mention the tourists. There were a lot of Americans, some Europeans, maybe. And then there were just the regulars at the Han River, who came to write, compose, draw, or just relax.

Fans recognized him and Taeyeon almost instantaneously.

Why hadn’t they brought a bodyguard of some sort? He asked Taeyeon and she said that it would make their relationship seem unnatural.

The attention was a tad annoying. What he didn’t find annoying was that Taeyeon continued to cling on to his arm.

For whatever reason, she never let go of him since they left the SM building. Secretly, he liked it. Her hand was warm and her smile was just contagious.

It was the happiest Leeteuk had felt in a while.

“I’m hungry,” Taeyeon said out of the blue as they sat by the river.

“I’m not.” Leeteuk responded with his eyes closed, facing the water.

Taeyeon pushed him with all her strength even though it didn’t make much of a difference. “Let’s go find something to eat!”

“Too expensive,” Leeteuk complained.

“Then make something for me!” Taeyeon urged, yanking on his arm. “Pretty please?”

Leeteuk opened his eyes to look at Taeyeon. He saw that her eyes were wide open. She looked absolutely innocent and absolutely adorable.

How could he say no?

“Okay, okay. How about we go to Super Junior’s dorm? It’s not too far of a walk.” he stood up and brushed imaginary dust off of his pants.

“I know your weakness~” Taeyeon said in a singsong voice, skipping ahead.

Amused, Leeteuk jogged to catch up to her. “My weakness? And what that be, Ahjumma?”

Taeyeon stopped mid-skip to stick her tongue out at him for the second time that day. “Wouldn’t you like to know, Ahjussi?”

Leeteuk laughed. “Yes, I would.”

Taeyeon simply began humming a random tune to herself and resumed skipping to the dorm.

Leeteuk shook his head to himself at Taeyeon’s immaturity and stayed a few feet behind. That Taeyeon really was something. She wasn’t like most girls.

“YAH, YOU COMING, AHJUSSI?” Taeyeon called from ahead.

Garnering the attention of passersby, Leeteuk caught up with her. “So noisy!”

Taeyeon grinned cheekily, still skipping. Not noticing a small crack in the sidewalk, she tripped over it the next second and fell flat on her face. “Ouch!”

Leeteuk was overwhelmed with worry. “Taeyeon, Taeyeon! Are you okay? Is anything broken?” he helped her rise to her feet.

“I’m fine, oppa, no need to worry.” Taeyeon smiled bravely, staggering.

“Get on my back.” Leeteuk instructed, crouching down.

“What?!”

“You’re hurt, obviously. Come on.”

Cautiously, Taeyeon climbed on to Leeteuk’s back and secured her arms around his neck. “Leeteuk?”

“What is it?”

Taeyeon looked embarrassed. “Am I heavy?”

Leeteuk chuckled at her cuteness. “No, you’re not heavy. You're light as a feather.”

“Are you sure?”

Leeteuk nodded in response. “If you want heavy, then find Kyuhyun-ah. The number of times that maknae has been on my back...”

Taeyeon snorted. “He’s nothing like Seohyun.”

“Oh, I agree completely.” Leeteuk soon made it to the 11th floor of the dorm, but found it hard to knock. “Taeyeon, can you...?”

“Oh, sure!” Taeyeon pressed a button next to the door.

“Yah, who is it this time?” the sound of Kim Heechul’s irritated voice rang out through the tiny speaker.

“Teukie-hyung and Taeyeonnie,” Leeteuk answered with a grin.

“Ah, got it. SHINDONG, GET THE DOOR!”

Leeteuk and Taeyeon busted out into fits of laughter. Kim Heechul was also quite something.

The pair heard the sound of footsteps making their way to the door.

The door was flung open and Shindong’s annoyed expression turned into an excited one. “Teukie-hyung! Taeyeon-ah! Long time no see!”

Taeyeon just grinned. “Glad to be here!”

Leeteuk walked in, still piggybacking Taeyeon.

“Oh, what is this now?” Heechul asked with a smirk from the couch.

“She fell.” Leeteuk rolled his eyes.

“I’m really clumsy.” Taeyeon laughed nervously.

Leeteuk set Taeyeon gently down in an armchair. “Is there good?”

Taeyeon nodded happily with her bright eyes. “Thanks!”

Leeteuk blushed, causing Heechul to avert his attention from the TV to look at them with the world’s biggest smirk. “Ah, I knew something was going on between you two!” he changed the channel to an entertainment show.

A news reporter was reporting about Leeteuk and Taeyeon spotted on their “date” around Seoul. And there were many pictures.

Leeteuk swallowed a lump in his throat, feeling uncomfortable.

Shindong had joined them in the living room and was laughing. “You guys are at that stage already?”

“No!” the couple shouted in unison.

“What’s with the shouting?” Kyuhyun grumbled, emerging from the kitchen. “I keep losing! You guys know I hate losing.”

He then noticed Taeyeon and smiled and waved. “Oh, hi, Taeyeon.”

“Hi!”

“Forget your game, this is more important.” Heechul said dismissively.

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened. “More important than Starcraft?! Hyung, how could you--?”

“Our Teukie-hyung and Taeyeon-ah are together!” Shindong made a heart shape with his arms.

“It’s not like that!” Leeteuk denied.

“We haven’t seen each other in a long time, so we just decided to...hang out!” Taeyeon added.

“Psh, whatever. Don’t try lying to Kim Heechul.” he rolled his eyes and continued. “Kyuhyun hasn’t seen Seohyun in months and you don’t see them making out in a closet.”

Kyuhyun flushed bright red and darted from the room before Heechul could further embarrass him.

“We were never making out in a closet!” Leeteuk smacked Kim Heechul in the head roughly.

Taeyeon’s eyes met his and they began communicating.

“Oppa, we have to tell them. It’s part of the scandal.”

“It’s too soon. It’s weird if we just got together overnight.”

“...That sounds really, really weird.”

“Aish, you know what I mean!”

“So when?”

“We need to bide our time carefully. Maybe in a few weeks?”

“Sounds like a plan.”

Deny, deny, deny. That was the plan for now.

Leeteuk just wondered how long he could keep up the act.


A/N: A pretty quick update. Wow, I was utterly shocked with the response I got for this story. Thanks a lot to everyone who subscribed and commented! ^_^ Thanks to the silent readers as well, even though a comment is always nice. SEVEN SUBSCRIBERS! :D

The introduction of some SuJu members. And a bit of SeoKyu. :)

You gotta love that Kim Heechul...

READ, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!

- Jessica