Heartbeat

Scandalous

Chapter Six

“TAEYEON!” Seven voices cried, tackling their leader.

“Where have you been?” Tiffany demanded.

“You too, Sunny!” Hyoyeon hit the girl on the arm lightly.

“Our manager suddenly cancelled all our schedules!” Yuri said.

Jessica nodded. “We thought she was going nuts.”

“Why were you on the news with Leeteuk-oppa?” Yoona asked with a curious smile.

“You two seem extremely close.” Seohyun noted.

“Tell us everything!” Sooyoung ordered, pushing Taeyeon and Sunny to the nearest couch.

“W-What is there to tell?” Taeyeon asked nervously.

“You’re stuttering. There’s gotta be something.” Yoona urged. “Kim Taeyeon doesn’t stutter!”

The other girls nodded and murmured in agreement.

Tiffany suddenly gasped. “Taengoo...were you on a date with Leeteuk-oppa?”

Six other gasps echoed around the room.

“That would explain a lot.” Jessica crossed her arms, smirking.

“Yah, Jung Jessica! Stop smirking; you look like Heechul-oppa!” Taeyeon shoved her playfully.

Jessica dropped the smirk. “Bwoh?! I don’t look like Heechul!”

Yuri snorted. “Sure.”

“And maybe Yoona’s ugly.” Hyoyeon rolled her eyes.

“HEY! I am NOT ugly!” Yoona said in a scandalized tone.

“It’s called sarcasm, Yoong.” Sooyoung patted her on the shoulder while munching on a Pocky stick.

“Do you ever stop eating?” Sunny raised her eyebrows at Sooyoung.

“Well, how do you think I got my nickname?” Sooyoung asked, munching eagerly on another stick.

“May I have one, unnie?” Seohyun asked politely.

Sooyoung held the box out to her and Seohyun carefully took a Pocky stick.

“You guys didn’t exactly answer our questions.” Yuri directed her gaze to Taeyeon and Sunny.

“Taengoo, is it true?” Tiffany asked, jealousy welling up inside of her.

“Ani, it wasn’t a date!” Taeyeon insisted.

“Okay...” Hyoyeon turned to Sunny. “What were you doing, SoonKyu?”

“First of all, it’s Sunny.” Sunny stated in a casual voice. “And I was having a talk with my uncle.”

Taeyeon gaped. “You liar! You were getting guitar lessons from YOUR Sungmin-oppa!”

Hysterical shouts came from some of the other girls as they all began screaming questions at Sunny.

Jessica giggled gleefully. “So it’s true!”

“Nothing’s true!” Sunny stood up with an angry expression and something else that Taeyeon couldn’t quite figure out.

“I’m going to my room.” she then stormed out of the living room without another word.

“Did we go too far?” Yoona asked, biting her lip.

“Of course not,” Sooyoung answered. “Sunny’s usually never this irritable when we joke about her and Sungmin.”

“So why the change in Sunny-unnie’s attitude?” Seohyun looked deep in thought, as if trying to solve a complicated math equation.

“Who knows?” Yuri shrugged. “Someone should go talk to her. She might give us all the silent treatment for days. Remember last time?”

All of the girls frowned deeply.

“That was horrible.” Jessica commented. “And you guys think I’m cold.”

“You are...” Taeyeon muttered under her breath.

Jessica glared. “What’d you say?”

“See?” Taeyeon laughed and Jessica’s angry features were replaced with a light smile.

“I’ll go talk to her.” Hyoyeon volunteered reluctantly, trudging to Sunny’s room.

“Be careful!” Yuri joked.

“Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany grabbed the leader by the shoulders.

“N-Ne, Fany?” Taeyeon gulped, hoping she didn’t look guilty.

Apparently, she did, because Yoona began grinning. “What are you not telling us?”

“Talk, Ahjumma!” Sooyoung ordered, still munching away.

“Don’t call me that!” Taeyeon retorted.

Seohyun cocked her head and looked confused. “You seem to enjoy it when Leeteuk-oppa calls you that.”

Five girls snickered.

“Good one, Seo.” Jessica nudged her in the arm.

Taeyeon suddenly remembered the news she was supposed to convey to the girls. She cleared loudly. “Actually, I have some great news for SNSD! It’s very important.”

“Eh? What is it?” Yuri questioned

Taeyeon couldn’t believe that they were so easily distracted. She continued on. “We’ll be having a special concert to promote SNSD and Super Junior in two weeks!”

“Two weeks?” Yoona tapped her finger to her chin. “Isn’t that the date of our comeback?”

“And Super Junior’s,” Tiffany added with a cute smile.

Jessica turned to Tiffany with a bewildered expression and began speaking in English. “Since when did you keep up with Super Junior’s dates?”

Tiffany blushed and responded in English as well. “Well, we’re all close to them, aren’t we?”

Jessica laughed. “God, Tiff, you’re such a liar.”

The other girls stared at the pair with utter confusion. Noticing this, Jessica switched back to Korean. “I suppose you’ve been keeping in touch with Siwon-oppa then?”

Tiffany looked frustrated and shook her head. “I thought I told you guys we were just really good friends and nothing more! Besides, it’s not him I’ve been keeping in touch with.” she immediately slapped a hand over .

“Ah, so you admit you’ve been keeping in touch with someone in Super Junior!” Taeyeon cried gleefully, clapping her hands.

“Ani, ani!” Tiffany denied, shaking her head furiously.

“What were you trying to tell us again, unnie?” Seohyun asked, saving Tiffany.

“Oh, right. The concert.” Taeyeon re-stated to get herself back on track.

“So we’ll be seeing all of the Super Junior oppas again?” Sooyoung nodded to herself.

Yuri laughed. “Are you eager to see someone in particular?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “I don’t know, Yuri. I wasn’t the one dreaming about both Minho AND Yesung last night!”

The other members gasped in unison. Yuri kept her cool and shook her head. “For your information, I did not have ANY dreams last night.”

Sooyoung smirked. “Yeah, that explains the sounds I heard coming from your room.” she paused and changed her voice to a higher-pitched one. “Yesung-oppa! Minho-yah! Mianhe, but I can’t choose between the two of you!”

The response to this poor imitation was great. All of the girls laughed, but Yuri was not amused. “My voice isn’t that high!”

“Ah, so you admit you WERE dreaming!” Sooyoung smirked.

“Okay, girls, stop!” Taeyeon commanded with her voice of authority.

It got quiet in a matter of seconds. Taeyeon smiled, pleased. “Now, as I was saying about the concert before all of you got distracted, we’ll need to wake up early tomorrow morning to practice.”

“What do you mean by ‘early’?” Yoona groaned.

“Like six o’ clock in the morning,” Taeyeon answered, earning more groans from the rest of the group. “Guys, stop complaining. We need to continue to work hard for our comeback. It’s just a good thing that we can all go to bed earlier tonight to get the needed sleep.”

“In that case, I’ll get started on that sleep now.” Jessica stood up from the couch, stretched, and made her way to the room she and Sooyoung shared.

“Yah, Jung Jessica, you lazy bum!” Sooyoung cried. “Stop sleeping all the time!”

“I’ll stop sleeping when you stop eating!” she retaliated.

“Never!” Sooyoung left the living room and followed Jessica into their room.

Just then, a loud twinkly noise came from Taeyeon’s pocket. Tiffany, Seohyun, Yuri, and Yoona gave her quizzical looks. She smiled nervously and pulled the phone out of her pocket.

Flipping it open, she realized it was a text from Leeteuk. She opened it up without realizing she had a goofy smile plastered to her face.

Ahjumma!

I hope you told your members about the concert.

You always get sidetracked easily.

How do you even manage being the leader? :)

P.S. Sleep well tonight and practice hard tomorrow!

- Teukie-oppa <3

“AWWW!” Yoona squealed in Taeyeon’s ear. “So cute!”

“You guys are definitely dating.” Yuri said with a bright grin.

“Well, I’m not exactly happy about this.” Tiffany pouted. “But I approve of him.”

“So it’s true, unnie?” Seohyun asked, confused.

“Nothing’s true, idiots!” Taeyeon hissed at them. “It’s just a text.”

“But he put a heart!” Yoona jabbed her finger over-excitedly at Taeyeon’s cell phone screen.

“And a smiley face,” Tiffany added with a grin, making another fingerprint on the screen.

“Friends don’t just tell each other to sleep well.” Yuri concluded.

Seohyun frowned deeply. “Kyuhyun tells me that...”

“Well, you guys aren’t friends then.” Tiffany gave Seohyun her famous eye-smile.

She looked shocked. “W-We’re not?”

“Tiffany, you babo! You confused her!” Yoona smacked Tiffany on the arm.

Taeyeon shook her head as Yoona and Tiffany began shouting at each other, with Seohyun in the middle. She watched Yuri slip silently out of the room like a ninja.

She turned back to her cell phone, with its screen still open. She began rapidly typing a reply before Yoona and Tiffany came back to their senses and started harassing her.

Yah, Ahjussi!

I DID tell my girls, actually.

Do you think I’m stupid?

P.S. I’m a heck of a better leader than you, JUNGSOO. xP

- Taengoo <3

The moment she hit the “SEND” button, she realized that she had added a heart at the end of her text.

Stupid, stupid, stupid! Taeyeon scolded herself. You don’t love him! Not like that...

But she found herself questioning her own words. Each time Leeteuk sent her a new text, her heart would begin thumping rapidly in her chest. The sound was like a bass, loud and deep. It was the kind of sound that got stuck in your ears.

She kept pounding her fist against her chest in an attempt to slow the heartbeat. Tiffany gave her a weird look. “Taeyeon...are you okay?”

Taeyeon sprung her head up and gave Tiffany a deer-in-headlights look. “Huh? Ah...I’m alright. Where did Yoona and Seohyun go?”

“They left like half an hour ago.” Tiffany frowned at her. “Are you sure you’re okay?”

As she felt her heartbeat begin to slow, she nodded. “Ne, I’m okay.”

 

Probably not my best chapter. :p Sorry, guys. I don't have much experience writing the SoShi girls together. Ahh, sorry for the ishness. I really wanted to make an update, though!

The next chapter will be a lot, lot longer. I'm trying to make the chapters longer for you guys. :)

On a side note, did everyone catch the MV for "Ice Cream"? Was I the only wishing that Joo was Taeyeon?! Aaah~~