a bouquet of truth

The Aftermath.

Hyungsik has been waiting in the car at the parking lot for almost two hours already. His hands are cold, his heart anxious. He looked at the bouquet on the passenger’s seat. Will she like it? What should I say to her? How should I start the conversation? The thought of meeting her made him mad. He had never felt this way before.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Jihyun noona. Although I know that I have been bad to you and did something terribly wrong (mildang), I still wanted you to know that I, I missed you !”, doesn’t this sound too straightforward? He asked himself while scratching the back of his nape.  Ehmmm, he cleared his dry throat but still trying to make a conversation again. Or should i just....

Beeee beeeep. He was in the middle of writing something when his phone suddenly beeped, indicating that there's a text message.  He quickly grabs his phone and read the content.

“We’re ready for you now. Jihyun have gone inside. Now it’s all up to you”. It was a text from the 4minute girls. They have promised to help him to make things right when he asked for their help in their dressing room after they’ve finished with their recordings. He was really thankful for these girls whom are willing to lend a hand.  He needs to treat them with something nice later, he thought.

With the bouquet in his hands, he took a quick glance at his reflection to check his looks. In front of a girl he likes, he need to look good. Hyungsik was wearing a pair of black jeans, a printed baby blue shirt and a simple black leather jacket completed with a pair of sneakers. After fixing his hair, he gave a faint smile, trying to soothe his racing heart. ‘Fighting!’ he whispered.

As soon as he reached the cinema, he spotted the girls waiting for him at the corner. They gave him a ticket and a popcorn set. 

“Fighting! You have to do well Hyungsik-ah and win her heart back. Aarasso? Make us proud”, Gayoon noona said while all four of them are doing the ‘fighting sign’ rooting for the guy that their leader likes. He nodded and gave them a smile.

“Nae, I am thankful for all of this. I will definitely treat you guys after this…gumawoyo”, he said bashfully.

“Yahhh, enough with the speech now go and get your girl”, Jihyoon impatiently interrupted while Hyunah and Sohyun pushes Hyungsik towards the ticket counter. As soon as Hyungsik went inside, they smiled at each other, hoping that things would turn out well.

Duguen. Duguen. Hyungsik heard his own heart pacing hard as he took each step towards the door. The same exact feeling that he had felt before when he joined the tv programme. But this time, the feeling is stronger. It is not the feeling of ordinary excitement he usually felt but the anxiousness of meeting someone that he likes, or perhaps now, the person that he loves. The steps he takes felt like it was too long but finally he was there, opening the door towards the person that his heart yearns for.

“Anyeonghaseyo”, he uttered as he shoved the bouquet towards Jihyun noona. It was dark but then it suddenly went bright. Behind the flowers, he saw the face that he had missed, her cute little face, her pouty pinkish lips, her intense eyes and her soft curls that complimented her face. He had never noticed how much he misses her until now.

“Oh? Anyeong Hyungsik-ah. What are you doing here?”, Jihyun whispered trying to hide her trembling and racing heart. It has been a while since she last saw him. She felt angry because he had not contacted her for more than one month.  That was reason why she didn’t greet him when they met at the music show. But deep inside, she knew how she really felt, she missed him.

“Firstly, take this flower. It’s for you”, Hyungsik said but his eyes never leaving hers. Intense, as it indulges her bright radiant eyes. Jihyun slowly takes the bouquet as she lowered her head. She felt mad towards him before but now she just doesn’t know what to do. “Besides, why is he staring at me like that?” She argued as she felt herself blush since he kept on looking at her.

“Errr, about your question before Jihyun noona, what do you mean by ‘what I am doing here?’ of course I’m here for the movies”, Hyungsik said as his voice slowly traces out into thin air, realizing how nonsensical it was. He was sitting at the 4minute’s seats!  Ahhhhh, nice move Hyungsik-ah! He scratches the back of his head; he would have come out with a better reason if he was not distracted with her mesmerizing stare.  

Jihyun whom heard his silly answer managed to swallow back her laughter as she quickly covered . Hyungsikkie was never a good liar. She now knew that it must have been planned by her group members. No wonder they were so excited to go out today.

After a while, both of them were in silence.

“Hmmm, don’t you have anything to say to me?” Jihyun asked him while looking straight into his eyes, hoping that he understands with what she was thinking.

“Hmmmm!” Hyungsik turned and looked at her. Startled by how direct she was. A few minutes have passed by when he suddenly grabs Jihyun’s hands, asking her to follow him. He didn’t let go of her hands until they were outside of the theatre hall.

“Let’s talk outside, it’s too noisy inside here”, he said as he leads her towards the park outside the mall. “Wait here for a second okay. I’ll be right back”, he added, leaving Jihyun in confusion.

The day was bright. Clouds slowly drifted as the wind passes by. The trees at the park looked as evergreen against the blue sky. It was a good day indeed. Jihyun looked at the bouquet that Hyungsik had given her in the hall before, the flowers looked pure and sincere. She never knew that baby breaths would look that pretty amongst roses, three of them surrounded by a bed of sheer white baby breaths. She blushed at the thought of receiving flowers. It was her first time actually to receive that kind of flower from a guy. Inside the bouquet she saw a card, placed carefully in between the slits of flowers. She didn’t realize it before because it was too dark. She opened the card and read it.

“For my Jihyunnie,

                These three roses resembles to what I am feeling right now. They said that many meanings can be meant when you’re giving roses to someone. But for me, these three roses means “I am sorry” for the thing that I did to you and I know that “I was wrong” but deep within my heart I want you to know that “I missed you” and in the future I hoped that there will be no more misunderstanding between us, so now can I “call you mine” ?

                                                                                                                                                                                                          Hyungsik.

Without her realizing, she placed both of her hands under her cheeks, trying to hide her embarrassment away. Jihyun actually is the kind of girl that cringes at the first sound of cheesy lines but this time she was different.  Her face bloomed with happiness and a smile lighted up on her lips.  Aigoo Jihyun-ah pull yourself together, she reminded herself. She was extremely shocked when Hyungsik suddenly appeared in front of her with two cups of iced latte, her favorites. He placed it on the bench as he knelt next to her.

Actually, he saw her the moment she started reading the card that he wrote to her. He was on his way back at that time but he quickly hides behind the trees because he wanted to see her reaction.

Hyungsik slowly take hold of her hands although she seems a bit reluctant at first. Huhhhhh, he let out a deep breath as he clears his throat. “Jihyun noona, I am going to be rude to you for one last time okay. Hmmmm, can I not call you noona after this? Can you finally be mine? I know that I have made a lot of mistakes before and I know that I might have upset you but after this I promise that I will take good care of you and…and…..” Hyungsik stopped as she doesn’t seems to give any response to what he had said to her. He lowered his head and hides his extremely red face, feeling embarrassed of the confession that he had made.

Unexpectedly, Jihyun slowly squeezes his hands making him look up, straight into the pool her eyes again. A few seconds after that, she nodded, a simple nod that means a lot for both of them.

“Yahhhh, what are you still doing down there? Come and sit here”, Jihyun said as she pulled his hands, asking him to seat next to her. As soon as he sat, he saw that Jihyun was giving a 45 degree stare towards the sky. Hyungsik finally burst into laugh as he patted her back as happiness embraces both of them. “Here” he handed her the latte. She takes it while giving him the sweetest smile.

“So, now….we’re sort of called as a cou…”, he stuttered.

“Nae? What did you say?” Jihyun asked.

“Ani…”, he turned, looking away.

“What? You’re always like this…Finish your sentence…”, Jihyun nagged. Her eyes narrowed, lips pouting.

Hikhik...Hyungsik laughed. She looked cute when she does that.

 

Aigoooo...finally the conflict is over. i hoped that you guys liked how they ended up together ^^ although, before i said that this is the last chapter...but..hmmm, maybe i should add another chapter...of them dating? hikhik..we'll see how it goes..