Pouting Jihyunnie

The Aftermath.

“Boyaa…why hasn’t he contacted me ? I thought that he had the same feeling as me. I thought he liked me. Did he have a change of heart already? Ahhhh  mwolla, guys are so difficult to understand”, she said to herself, lips pouting.

Jihyun has been playing with her phone for a while. Actually, she has been playing with it the whole day. She has been waiting for a surprise call or at least a text message from him. She waited….since last night. Well, today it’s her birthday. But here she is now, sitting alone by herself in the practice room. Everyone has gone out for dinner, everyone except her. She has been having bad mood since early in the morning when she woke up realizing that there is no text message from him but only by other oppas that she knew. Even when the 4minute girls pleaded her to join for dinner, it doesn’t work. The day felt too grey for her. Maybe Hyungsik was too busy to remember and maybe he had a packed schedule. She tried to rationalize. Trying to act okay and trying to act cool.

Without even realizing, she was mumbling the aftermath song. Remembering the time he danced to it for her when she made their destiny. She was extremely shy that night and she still couldn’t figure out why she did that.

“Surprise! Saengil chukae Jihyun-ah”, the 4minute girls shouted after they finished singing the birthday song. They came inside the practice room with a cake with 23 candles sparkling on top of it. HyunAh was looking cute wearing a birthday hat while whistling the whistle. Gayoon and Jiyoon pooped the party poppers, letting out colorful glittering glitters. While Sohyun stand in the middle with the cake in her hands.

HyunAh and Sohyun the maknae shouted, “ Saengil chukae unnie, you’re 23 years old now and we hoped that you will always be happy”.

“Yahhhhh…. Blow the candles now and make a wish”, said Jiyoon while putting the birthday tiara on her head.

After thanking the girls, Jihyun quickly closed her eyes as she makes her wish. Her eyes lit as she blows the candles. She hugged the girls. “Gumawo! You guys are the best”, she uttered. The girls hugged her back while smiling. Their leader is usually strict but she never failed to show her love for them. She really does take good care of the 4minute girls. That’s what made her unique in her own way.

“Here you go…open it up”, Ga yoon said while pushing a shopping bag towards her. They didn’t manage to find the time to wrap it up since they’re too busy. But each of them understands it too well now that they don’t even have to explain to each other.

“Ahhh….gumawo!”, Jihyun said as she opened the shopping bag. Inside there is a cute designer’s tote, electric blue in color. It’s the one that she saw when she went out shopping with the girls. She didn’t even notice them buying it. She liked the present a lot. She quickly put it on her while walking like a model. The girls just laugh at her quirkiness.

“Jihyun unnie, here’s another present”, said the maknae after returning from outside the practice room, handing her a big box wrapped in blue and grey strip wrapper with a cute little card on top of it.

“Who is it from?” Jihyun asked, curious. But Sohyun whom was only giving her a dumbfounded look said that it maybe is from the fans, her eyes looking away from Jihyun’s.

Aigoooo, uri maknae really can’t tell lies. Once she noticed it, Jiyoon quickly changes the topic by saying, “there a card there maybe it states whom it’s from”. The girls kept on giving glances towards each other as the rapper of the group talked to their leader.  Deep inside, they felt relieved by the quick action.

Jihyun quickly took the card on top of the box. It’s a cute little card with a birthday cake and a happy birthday quote engraved in silver colour. She flipped the card and read the content.

“Happy Birthday Jihyun-ah, always keep warm!” after reading the card she became more puzzled. Jihyun slowly unwrap the big box. Inside, there really are a lot of stuff that can keep her warm. Stuffs like cardigans, boots, knitted scarf and even gloves.

“There is no sender but then it might be from the fans”, Jihyun said. The girls nodded their heads enthusiastically, agreeing to what she said. Gayoon slightly slap HyunAh’s arm as she hides at the back trying to cover her giggles while showing merong to Jihyun. But then in the end both of them smiled, knowing what they’re both thinking inside.

The night ended with all of them eating the cake and partying 4minute style. Jihyun laughed when she found that the girls hide soju inside a thermos, trying to bring in alcohol inside the training room. They danced, drink, eat and had the time of their life. She was happy that day though she might have pouted a bit earlier.

 

sorry i couldnt update ealier, it's test week in school - i hoped that you guys will enjoy this chapter  ! =) anyeonggg ! *bows