Chapter 4: Hypnotized

Living with B1A4: I'm the One, All for One!

 

 
Sandeul and Jung hye were still on their way to B1A4's Dorm. The two siblings catch up on what each other did for the past years they became separated to each other. Jung Hye told her brother stories about her and their parents stay in China, while Sandeul told about his trainee years and how B1A4's career is going.
 
 
 
"Oppa, Is B1A4 like those other bands that does all those mosh pits in their gigs , like Bring Me The Horizon and Escape the Fate?"
 
 
"Mosh pits? You mean chaotic kind of things? What's Buing me D Horison and Eskheyp D Fffeyt?" Sandeul stutters, trying to make his English Pronounciation understandable. But of course, he failed.
 
 
"Yes, Mosh pits are like that, you know, throwing chairs and stuffs everywhere, dancing crazily like you don't care about the world. Bring Me the Horizon and Escape the Fate are bands, their songs are in Metal genre. Is B1A4's genre Metal?" Jung Hye, who doesn't even know about Korean bands, innocently ask his brother who's cheeks are already puffing , preventing himself from laughing out loud.
 
 
"B1A4 is not like that. We are, a clean type of band" Sandeul smiled like he is teasing her sister on being too unknowledgeable about bands in Korea.
 
 
"Clean? What do you mean clean?" Jung Hye asked his brother.
 
 
"Korean bands, whether it be a girl group or a boyband, only dance and sing to their preferred genre. Ahmm, example of genre that is mostly use... KPOP! Korean Pop music is mostly used in their songs, like B1A4. B1A4 is a KPOP Boyband. There are also genres like RnB, jazz, Hiphop, Indie. Those are most of the genres bands use here in Korea. That Metal that you said awhile ago... I don't know any bands here in Korea that uses Metal genre for dancing or even singing."
 
 
"Oh." Jung Hye's mouth fomed an "O" shape while nodding repeatedly.
 
 
"Super Junior! Super Junior is a boyband here in Korea right?" Jung Hye suddenly blurted out.
 
 
"Yes, they are the most popular boyband here in Korea and in some parts of the world since KPOP became mainstream in the music industry. Wait, how did you know Super Junior?" Sandeul confusely asked his sister.
 
 
"You were the one who actually said that they are popular in some parts of the world." Jung Hye smiled to his brother slyly.
 
 
"Uhmm, yes I did said that. Jangkkaman, are you playing on me?" Sandeul asked his sister, his forehead crinkling a bit.
 
 
"Aniya! Of course not" Jung Hye said to his Oppa.
 
 
"Could it be, that... You're a Super Junior Fan?"
 
 
 
 
Jung Hye just smiled, her sight fixed on the direction where the car heads to, not looking at his brother.
 
 
 
"Uri Jung Hye-ya is an ELF? Why didn't you tell it to me earlier? You already know about boybands here in Korea yet you still made me explain a lot of things." Sandeul pouted on that moment.
 
 
"Oppa, they are the only Korean all-boy group I know. You told me B1A4 is a band, that's why I ask you if B1A4's genre is like that of the bands I mentioned earlier to you." Jung Hye explained.
 
 
"But it is the same, band and group is the same! Jinjja" Sandeul pouted again.
 
 
"Nae Oppa is already angry. Kurae Kurae, it is the same, if that's what Oppa wants me to say, Band and group is the same." Jung Hye said then tapped his Oppa's hands in the steering wheel of the car and smiled.
 
 
 
"Jung Hye-ya, the more I look at you, the more I can't believe you're my little sister who used to make pranks on me when we're younger. You've grown a lot. You've matured, your actions are really different the last time we bonded, Me, You and our parents. But its really obvious that you're still not that use to living here in Korea. The countries you visited must have really teach you a lot of things, you know how to speak English, and you're very fluent! I'm starting to become belittle here" Sandeul laughed, remembering the way he repeated the English words Jung Hye said.
 
 
"Oppa also changed too, he became more handsome. How did your eyes get big like that? When we're younger your eyes are reaaaaalllly small" She emphasized the word small with her two fingers.
 
 
"Not just because you were born with a double eyelid doesn't mean you should describe mine like that." Sandeul pouted for the nth time. "As time goes by of course my eyes will get bigger like yours. But let me tell you this fact Jung Hye-ya, since you're a grown-up now. Before a singer or a dancer debut, he/she must undergo plastic surgery, whether it be the eyes, nose, lips, cheekbones, teeth, all the imperfections of your facial features must be fixed.When you become a celebrity here in Korea, you must look like an Ideal Idol. Agency usually decides on what must be surgerized on their talent. But in my case I never did plastic surgery"
 
 
Jung Hye's mouth formed an "O" again.
 
 
 
"How about the other B1A4 guys? Did they undergone surgery before debuting?" The ever innocent Jung Hye asked his patient brother.
 
 
"None of us undergone plastic surgery." Sandeul answered.
 
 
"So, it means B1A4 is also handsome and natural beauty like Oppa?" She asked once again.
 
 
"Honestly, yes. All of us have the looks, but of course Oppa is the most handsome of them all" Sandeul laughed after saying it, because B1A4 is not around to contradict to what he said.
 
 
 
Jung Hye crinkled her forehead as she try to imagine their faces *If Oppa is more handsome than them, then they must look like...*
 
 
 
 
"Jung Hye-ya" She snapped to what she's thinking when her brother suddenly spoke.
 
 
"Remember, you will live with guys aside from Oppa, they are 4, so you must be very careful with your actions and words, arasseo?  I'm not saying that they are bad people, but you know that they are guys and you're an only girl in the dorm so you must be very responsible in yourself"
 
 
"Ne, Oppa. I promised Appa that I'll be good, I'll live up to that promise while they're away . And I don't want to become a burden to Oppa." Jung Hye smiled when she said that to his brother.
 
 
 
Sandeul also smiled to his sister. Then he suddenly opened the CD player and insert a CD inside it. Jung Hye just looked at what her brother is doing.
 
 
 
"This is B1A4's first mini album, Let's Fly" then Sandeul handed to her the album. Jung Hye, fascinated by the album, carefully held it and caressed the cover as if its a valuable treasure.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Whoa. Its cute." Jung Hye complimented. "Oh, this must be Oppa!" She exclaimed pointing to the guy on the cover, 2nd to the left.
 
 
"Ne" then Sandeul let out a soft laugh. "Oppa is the most handsome among all of them, right?" He asked, still laughing.
 
 
Jung Hye was still awed by the album, then she intently scanned each of the faces on it.
 
 
The CD started playing, Jung Hye alertly sat up and carefully listen to it.
 
 
(Play this song)
OK by B1A4
 
 
 
"That guy who said "Ok, Let's Fly", is our rapper, Baro. The next is our leader, Jinyoung Hyung. Oh, that, is Shin Woo Hyung, CNU is his stage name." Sandeul pointed to the each of the faces in the album while saying who's singing at the moment. Jung Hye nod to what her brother said, who was able to absorb all the info.
 
 
 
 
Jung Hye started to tap her feet to the song, then smiled when she heard the chorus.
 
 
"OK girl neoegeman yes man, mwodeunji da haejulge
OK girl ijebuteo nikkeoya, I love you
 
naneun ne namja (neoneun nae yeoja)
yeongwonhi nareul modu gajyeo OK girl
meoributeo balkkaji I love you"
 
 
"Oppa, your voice never really ceases to amaze me." Then she smiled more to her brother.
 
 
" This song reminds me of the band Click Five. Love me Love me Love me Love Me Love Me Baby" Then she started swaying to the song, bobbing her head from left to right.
 
 
Sandeul just laughed at her sister and her reaction to the song. "You're really foreign, Jung Hye-ya. And that background vocal, the lyrics you just sang, was Gongchan, our maknae." Then he pointed on Gongchan's picture on the album. Jung Hye just nod again.
 
 
 
Jung Hye continued what she's doing. The album played all the songs, making Jung Hye more excited to meet the guys behind the voices, and the real thing behind the faces on the album cover.
 
 
"I think B1A4 is JJANG! O.K.!" Then she made the O.K. sign to his brother, which made Sandeul smiled to his pretty, and innocent Korean sister.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, at B1A4 dorm...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
@B1A4 Dorm
 
 
"Hyung, do you think Sandeul's sibling knows how to play Mafia game too?" Baro asked Jinyoung, who was currently concentrating on playing.
 
 
"How would I know? I only learned today that Sandeul has sibling."
 
 
"Maybe he knows how to sing like Sandeul hyung too, maybe he's better than him!" Gongchan started to make wild guesses again.
 
 
"That's great if he knows how to sing too, I think he would be of a great help to us." Shin Woo remarked.
 
 
"Jjangkaman jjangkaman, why did I felt that all of you are all on Sandeul Hyungs sibling side? You really want me to be replaced, because I'm just a background vocal!" Gongchan made a sad face upon saying it.
 
 
"Ya Gongchan-ah, will you please stop that drama? Why would you be replace if you already have  a fanbase. If you don't stop that. I'll be the one to tell the CEO to replace you." Manager said while munching peas.
 
 
"Ya Sajangnim, I'm just joking! You want more peas? I'll get you wait" Then Gongchan went beside their Manager and embraced his arms then hurriedly ran to the kitchen to get more peas.
 
 
 
 
When Gongchan get back from the kitchen, he suddenly said, "Is Sandeul Hyung's sibling a boy, or a girl?"
 
 
All of them, except the manager, stopped playing. They sat up properly, with expression on their faces  like its a serious matter to talk about.
 
 
 
"Why didn't you ask about it to Sandeul awhile ago?" Jinyoung suddenly asked to no one, because they really don't have any clue, of course except the manager who was just listening to them.
 
 
"Sandeul-ah didn't told us awhile ago if his sibling is a boy or a girl" Shin Woo answered.
 
 
"Sajangnim, is Hyung's sibling a guy like us, or a girl?" Baro suddenly asked the manager, which made him coughed out the peas he chewed. He thought carefully before answering.
 
 
"M-molla! I don't know too! How would I know, I never meet his sibling!" Manager lied, because he know that if he told the guys that its a girl, it would result to more interrogation, which he doesn't want to happen because the guys would surely bombard him with questions, like "Is she pretty, really pretty or really really really pretty?"
 
 
"But for sure the CEO wouldn't let a girl live with us" Gongchan said.
 
 
"I also thought about that, but what if its really a girl?" Jinyoung suddenly asked, which made Manager became more uneasy.
 
"I think its a guy. CEO made a decision that fast, i think its a guy." Shinwoo said.
 
 
"Nado, I think its a guy too, but its better if its a girl!" Baro said then pumped his fist high, like he won a marathon.
 
 
 
The Manager just shake his head while listening to the guys, when his phone suddenly rang.
Before he answered it, he told the guys to went to their rooms and clean up. They hurriedly obey and  ran upstairs.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
@Inside their room
 
 
 
"Sandeul never told us about his sibling, even when we are still training." Shinwoo said, conti nuing their talk awhile ago.
 
 
"I'm sure that Sajangnim already know his sibling's gender. I can tell it from his reaction when I said that I think it's a girl." Jinyoung said.
 
 
"So what is it? Boy or a girl?" Gongchan and Baro asked in unison, who moved closer to Jinyoung's seat.
 
 
"This is just an instinct, I'm really not sure about it, but I think its really a girl."
 
 
"How come a girl would live with us? CEO won't let that happen" Shinwoo said.
 
 
"I told you I'm still unsure, but there's a possibilty that its a girl, or maybe its really a guy."
 
 
"No matter what his gender is, we must show to Sandeul's sibling that he's welcome here." Baro said, making all of them agree.
 
 
 
"Oh! I have a plan!" Gongchan suddenly said.
 
 
"What is that again?" Jinyoung asked the maknae.
 
 
"If Hyung's sibling is a guy, we would greet him formally." Gongchan said.
 
 
"Isn't that a bit old-fashioned? What if I rap and show my beatboxing skills to him?" Baro said.
 
 
"We are Idols now, we must show that we have respect eventhough he's younger than us." Shinwoo, being the eldest, remarked.
 
 
"Ok, I'll go with Gongchan's plan." Jinyoung said. The others agreed.
 
 
"But what if its a girl?" Baro asked.
 
 
"We would welcome her, with a loud Welcome!!!" Gongchan enacted, flinging his arms side to side then shouted the word Welcome!
 
 
"Oh, and then we will sing and dance O.K. to her!" Jinyoung added.
 
 
They all clapped their hands with their briliant idea, like they were spazzing over a KPOP Idol.
 
 
"Lets clean up now guys" Jinyoung stood up, then said, "and prepare!" All of them excitedly ran to their own rooms.
 
 
 
 
Sandeul & Jung Hye @the car
 
 
 
Sandeul and Jung Hye were almost neat to their destination, B1A4 Dorm. Sandeul dialed his Manager's phone number and called.
 
 
 
"Yoboseyo, Sajangnim, we're almost near."
 
 
"Oh kurae kurae, I already told the others to prepare. I'll wait for you outside."
 
 
"Arasseoyo Sajangnim, I'll hung up now" Sandeul said, then he put his phone down. He looked at his sister, who was now breathing deeply. He can tell that she suddenly became nervous upon hearing his conversation with the manager over the phone.
 
 
 
"Don't be nervous dongsaeng, they're all preparing for your arrival in the dorm. I'm sure they would welcome you warmly, if they don't I would leave B1A4" Sandeul joked to ease her nervousness.
 
 
"You would?" Jung Hye challenged his brother.
 
 
"Uhmm.. I'll think about it more." Then they both laugh.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
15 minutes later, the car stopped infront of a neat looking two storey building.
 
 
 
"We're here." Sandeul said, unbuckling his seatbelt. Jung Hye held to her seatbelt tight before she unbuckled it.
 
 
Sandeul tapped his sister's shoulders, "Don't be nervous, Oppa is here." Jung Hye held her brother's hand, Sandeul squeezed it, assuring his sister.
 
 
 
Sandeul stepped out of the car, then opened the other side and ushered his younger sister outside. They walk on a small, quiet alley. Jung Hye hooked her arms to his brother's arm tightly. She became more nervous as she spotted a guy who seems to be waiting for them.
 
 
 
*That must be their Manager* she thought.
 
 
They stopped walking then stand infront of the Manager. Sandeul bowed,  Jung Hye did the same.
 
 
"Sajangnim, this is my younger sister, Jung Hye." Sandeul said to his manager.
 
 
"Annyeong Haseyo, Lee Jung Hye-imnida" Jung Hye bowed a 90 degrees bow again, then smiled to the manager, still nervous.
 
 
"In Ro-imnida, Manager of B1A4. Mannaseo Bangapseumnida." Then Manager bowed to her too, smiled back then whispered to Sandeul, which seems not really a whisper because Jung Hye can hear, "Whoa Lee Jung Hwan, you're sister is really pretty", Sandeul nudged his manager's arm, telling him to stop. Jung Hye just smiled.
 
 
"Sandeul-ah, tell Jinyoung to go here." Manager ordered Sandeul. He obeyed then walked inside the dorm.
 
 
 
"Did your Oppa already told you about your dormmates here?"
 
 
"Ye, Sajangnim."
 
 
"Sajangnim? Haha its really true when your brother told me you're foreign" Manager said, which made Jung Hye felt embarassed.
 
 
"Oh Mianhae, I didn't mean to embarassed you. But I liked it more when you call me Sajangnim, I feel like I'm having a trainee with a natural beauty that is soon to debut. You can call me Sajangnim if you want, but you know if we're the same age, I want  someone as pretty as you to call me Oppa"
 
 
Jung Hye laughed to the Manager.
 
 
 
"I know that you're brother already warned you about living with the guys, but as their manager, I also want to tell you to be a little careful. Don't worry the guys are all kind, but you know sometimes they can get a little" Manager made a swirling sign with his finger, pointing it to his head. (the crazy sign)
 
 
Jung Hye laughed more. "Ne, Sajangnim, I would take that to mind"
 
 
 
 
Sandeul got back then said to his manager, "Jinyoung Hyung told me he will follow." Then he looked to his sister, "Ya, Sajangnim, why is my sister laughing? What did you tell her?"
 
 
"I just told her how great Iam for having to take care 5 guys with mental disorders this far. You see, she's quiet amazed."
 
 
"Mwoya?" Sandeul remarked, then he and Manager kid around. Jung Hye just looked and laughed at them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
*****
 
 
 
 
@B1A4 Room
 
 
After Sandeul called Jinyoung on his room to tell him to go outside, they all went inside his room then form a circle.
 
 
 
 
"Guys, let's carry out the plan!" Jinyoung said to them.
 
 
"But wait, how did we know what we will do? We still don't know if its a girl or a boy." Gongchan asked.
 
"Ah I know I know! When Jinyoung Hyung already met Sandeul hyung's sibling, Jinyoung Hyung will call us here in the room. Jinyoung Hyung" Baro looked at Jinyoung when he said that, " you will knock the door twice if its a guy, but if its a girl," they all giggled before Baro completed what he's saying, "you will knock three times."
 
 
"Arasseo Arasseo! Twice when its a guy, thrice when its a girl. I'll be going now" Jinyoung said to them.
 
 
 "Fighting!" the 3 remaining guys in the room said in unison.
 
 
 
Jinyoung went outside then greet their manager. Jung Hye was behind their manager, so Jinyoung can't see her. Sandeul carries her bags inside.
 
 
 
When Sandeul was already inside, Manager suddenly spoke to Jinyoung, who was now over anticipated to see Sandeul's sibling.
 
 
 
"Jinyoung-ah, since you're the leader, I want you to be the first one to meet Sandeul's sibling. Jung Hye-sshi" Manager called Jung Hye from behind.
 
 
 She stepped out behind the Manager then bowed, "Annyeong Haseyo, Lee Jung Hye-imnida" 
 
 
Jinyoung looked at her when she was already done bowing. He was about to greet her, but before he was able to return the bow, he froze in the spot and became speechless. 
 
 
His mouth was in an "Ah" formed, still looking at the nervous Jung Hye, which seemed to become relaxed when she saw Jinyoung's reaction.
 
 
"Ya-Jinyoung-ah, Wae gure? Introduce yourself to her" Manager said to him.
 
 
"A-annyeong h-ha s-seyo. J-jinyoung-imnida. L-leader of B-B1A4." then Jinyoung bowed, 
*Woah neomu neomu neomu yeppeo!* he thought. Jung Hye smiled to his reaction, which made Jinyoung blushed, his mouth formed a shy smile then scratched his head.
 
 
Sandeul gets back outside to carry the bags left. "Jinyoung-ah, help Sandeul to carry the bags inside" Manager said to Jinyoung, then he carried the bag but still having the awe reaction. Manager ushered Jung Hye inside the dorm, they follow the two guys carrying her luggages.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When they were already inside,
 
 
"Hyung, where are the others?" Sandeul asked Jinyoung, who was still looking at Jung Hye, still in daze. 
 
 
"Hyung!" Sandeul snapped his finger infront of Jinyoung's face, he then snapped out of his portal. 
 
 
"Oh what is it that you're asking again?" Jinyoung asked. 
 
 
"Where are the others?"
 
"Ah, they're in my room." Jinyoung said, not looking at Sandeul, then went back to being in his hypnotized reaction. 
 
 
"Sandeul, call the others upstairs instead of this guy, Jinyoung here was still in shocked". Jung Hye silently laughed at the Manager's remark.
 
 
 
 
 
Sandeul went upstairs to call the others.
 
 
 
When he opened Jinyoung's room, he saw the three guys properly sitted, compressed with each other, intently looking at him.
 
 
"My sibling already arrived. Manager told you to go downstairs." Sandeul said to them.
 
 
"Where's Jinyoung Hyung?" Gongchan asked him. 
 
 
"He's already with Manager and my sibling. Gaja" Sandeul said, then he started to walk downstairs, the three looked meaningfully at each other. They followed Sandeul, all of them want to ask him if his sibling is a girl or a boy, but no one dares to.
 
 
 
 
Meanwhile, Jinyoung tried to keep his cool then made some few talks to Manager and Jung Hye.
 
 
 
"Jinyoung-ah, Jung Hye here is not that accustomed to Korea and our culture, so all of you guys must help her learn things." Manager said to Jinyoung.
 
 
"Ne, Sajangnim." Jinyoung answered.
 
 
"Ahmm.. Jung Hye-sshi, how do you feel about here in the dorm?" Jinyoung nervously strike up a conversation with Jung Hye.
 
 
"The ambiance here is very light, Its beautiful." Then she smiled to Jinyoung, which made Jinyoung unable to speak again. She looked at the surroundings inside, smiling on every piece of furniture she sees.
 
 
 
"Sajangnim, they're here" Sandeul said the moment the four of them arrive downstairs. Shinwoo is behind Sandeul, then Gongchan and Baro behind Shinwoo. The four were in line, Baro being the last.
 
 
 
"Yeorobeun, I want you all to welcome your bandmate Sandeul's sibling."
 
 
Shinwoo, Gongchan and Baro stood in line side by side each other, then they all looked at Jinyoung who was still in his hypnotized reaction. Baro and Gongchan, confused by Jinyoung's reaction, tried to peek but Jung Hye was behind Jinyoung and Manager so they weren't able to see her clearly. Shin Woo was still relaxed. Sandeul went near Manager so the guy's sight to Jung Hye was more blocked.
 
 
 
"But before that, I want you to know that starting today, you all have responsibilities while Sandeul's sibling lives here in your dorm. I hope that all of you will take care of Sandeul's Younger Sister" When Manager said the magic word that they've all been waiting for, the three guys all look and smile at each other meaningfully, then thought of their plan again.
 
 
"Even you Gongchan, even if she's one year younger than you" Manager points to Gongchan.
 
 
"NE SAJANGNIM! Count on me!" Gongchan answered cheerfully. *So her age is near to our age* they all thought. The three guys exchange big smiles again, all of them became more excited upon hearing what Manager said. 
 
 
 
"I want you to meet Lee Jung Hye, Sandeul's Younger Sister"
 
 
 
Finally, Manager said to the anticipated three guys infront of him. Jung Hye FINALLY stepped out behind Manager. While her head bowed, she greets all of the guys.
 
 
"Annyeong Haseyo, Lee Jung Hye-imnida. Butakhae juseyo"
 
 
"Annyeong Ha---"
 
 
In unison with Jung Hye, B1A4 greets her. But before they complete what they have to say, as soon as Jung Hye stood properly infront of them, showing her face, Shinwoo, Baro, Gongchan all stopped, leaving their mouths open, starstrucked.
 
 
 
^Be the 1 all 4 One^

 
Let's Fly Album Tracklist:
(click on the links if you want to listen to their songs. Support B1A4 by buying their albums! ^^)
 
 

01. O.K

02. Remember (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWR-tQWDXPE)

03. 못된 것만 배워서 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fkEa9UqbP8)

04. Bling Girl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MOuT6KuWsQ)

05. Only One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OW5wPxZTco)

06. O.K (Inst.) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7yga3XumA)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-siennaBANAna