Chapter 1: Maldo Andwae!

Living with B1A4: I'm the One, All for One!

 

@Lee's Residence

 

As soon as the alarm clock rings at 6am, the Lee family would wake up, have their breakfast together, talk about family matters, have their lunch, watch TV, eat dinner, everything that a normal family would do for a day. But today will not be a normal day, especially for the youngest in the family.

 

 

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnggg!"

 

"Yeobo, will you shut that alarm clock off! Its starting to give birth in my ear! My ears are ringing too!" Lee Eomma said then agitatedly sit up in the bed, covering her ears.

 

(A/N: Yeobo- Honey, Dear, An Endearment

Eomma- Mother (informal))

 

"Our alarm clock already rang 5 mins. ago, its Jung Hye's not ours" Lee Appa said, already reading his daily newspaper in bed.

 

(A/N: Appa: Father (informal))

 

"Then go to her room and tell your daughter to shut that thing off!" then she covered herself in the blanket, trying to sleep again.

 

The father didn't move, continues to read the newspaper. He turned the page to the Business section. He continue scanning through the page when his eyes spotted an unexpected news that would cause them a lot of problem.

 

 

"Yeobo, get up now, hurry." After that statement, he head for the door then quickly went downstairs.

 

"Why the hurry?" Eomma rubbed her eyes then sit up again in the bed. "That alarm clock is still ringing! Aiish! Jung Hye-ya!" she shout while heading towards Jung Hye's room.

 

(A/N: -ah (at the end of name;informal)- added to a name if the last letter is consonant

-Ya if its vowel)

 

"Jung Hye-ya! Its already 6am! Get up now! And will you please stop that alarm clock from ringing!" Lee Eomma shouted at the front of Jung Hye's room, causing all the birds in Jung Hye's window to fly off.

 

Jung Hye, still sleepy, shut the alarm clock in her bedside table. She lazily open her eyes then look at the window. "Eomma scared all the birds again"

 

She shakes her head then immediately stand up. She head for the window then open it, "Ooh there's one brave little bird remaining."

 

She scooped bird seeds in the container near the window then put them around the sill where the birds usually flocked. "Do not eat that all up ok? Leave a little for the others" she tell to the bird then went downstairs.

 

 

 

"Appa, Eomma, what's for breakfast?" then she kissed the cheek of her Eomma first, doing her business in the kitchen, then her father, who is busily browsing in their computer. "Appa, that's a bit early" pointing to what his father is doing.

 

 "What can you expect from your Appa? Business first of course" her Eomma said.

 

The father not minding them, still busily typing and clicking in the computer, not saying any single word.

 

 

Jung Hye sat at at the sofa, opened the TV then start to surf channels. She was busily pressing the remote control when her father suddenly interrupted her "Jung Hye-ya will you turn the channel back for awhile" She immediately press the back button of the remote control, then her father hurriedly sit beside her.

 

"What's the problem Appa?" They are watching the local news in the TV, her Appa focusing on watching.

 

 

 After awhile,

 

 

"This is a big problem" her Appa whispered in his breath, scratching his head while saying it then went back to what he is doing in the computer.

 

 

Jung Hye looks at her father, confused. *Maybe something came up in their business* she thought.

 

 

"Eomma, i'll take a bath first before eating" she told her mother then went to her shower room.

 

 

 

 

When Jung Hye was already inside the shower room, Appa went near Eomma in the kitchen to drink water." Yeobo, what's bothering you? I saw your reaction after you read the newspaper. You've been irritated up until now. Why? Did something came up?" Lee Eomma asked him.

 

"Yeobo, there's a big problem in our branch in US. And we need to go to there as soon as possible. No, now. We need to go there now. I will book our flight now online." Then he hurriedly went back again to the computer and start typing.

 

"Why didn't you tell it earlier to me? Did you already tell it to Jung Hye?" Lee Eomma asked Appa, not knowing what to do.

 

"Jung Hye doesn't know. We will tell it to her later after breakfast. Call your son and tell it to him."

 

"Jung Hwan? He's probably busy now to know about this. Even the news wasn't sinking into my head. This came so very fast." Lee Eomma cupped her forehead, worried.

 

"He must know. He needs to take of his sister while we are away"

 

"What?! You will leave Jung Hye here? We will not take her with us?" Lee Eomma said in a high pitched tone.

 

"We must not take her with us, do you want to add this burden to our daughter? She have been travelling all her life since we had put up our branches around the world. I don't want her to get tired and worried with our business."

 

"But Jung Hwan is an Idol now, an artist, how come he can take care of her? He's very busy with his career. And Jung Hye has her friends in the US, she can cope with the surroundings there!"

 

"Jung Hwan can take care of her, I know Jung Hye will not become a burden to him, our daughter is already matured despite her age. And our daughter is still Korean. She's not even foreign half blooded.I don't want her to be so engrossed in other cultures, can't you see how much her personality is changed? The way she talks and acts  is so foreign. I'm not saying that she's getting worse, she's still sweet, kind and all but she's a little bit different. Even the music she listens to is in English, and she doen't even know about Trot. "

 

(A/N: Trot is a Korean old song genre, mostly sang by the oldies, but is still revived through KPOP. e.g. Super Junior Trot's Tok Tok Tok (Knock Knock Knock))

 

"Appa, that's so unreasonable! No matter what happen, we will take Jung Hye with us!"

 

"No, we won't take Jung Hye with us! She needs to get to living here in Korea, not in US or in any other country! It's only been 1 year since we came back from China, and now we will now take her again to US? Come to think of it, if our daughter get used to living here, it would be easy for her to run our business here in Korea in the future. We can inherit the business to her. We are not getting younger Yeobo, and you know that Jung Hwan took up a different path. I don't want our daughter to be left with nothing."

 

 

 

Eomma just sighed. Not knowing if she would agree or not to what Appa had said. She just stay silent.

 

Jung Hye then stepped out of the shower, already dressed, her hair covered in a towel. She went in the dining room and saw her parents sitted already, not talking to each other. She took the seat near her mother, nudge her mother's arm slightly then whispered in her ear "Did you and Appa get into a fight while I was bathing?"

 

Her Eomma looked at her intently, then suddenly cried and hugged her "Jung Hye-ya! I can't imagine leaving you here! Since I gave your birth you never leave my side, Ahuhuhu."

 

 Jung Hye stared at her mother, confused. "Why eomma, I will never leave you". Her mother cried more when she said that.

 

"Jung Hye-ya our princess, we need to say something to you. You know that Appa and Eomma have business in other countries right?"

 

"Ne appa. Why, are we going today again in China?" she excitedly ask her Appa. Her mother still embracing her.

 

(A/N: Ne- Yes)

 

"Uhmm.. Its hard to say this to you but, yes we are going today, not in China but in US, but only me and your Eomma will leave for business, again."

 

"Ahuhu, Jung Hye we don't want to leave you here, especially me, I don't want to you to live here without me knowing if you already eat, or treated here properly. But me and your Appa need to go to the US today without you because your Appa thought that you need to get accustomed here in Korea" then she looked at Appa with hurtful eyes, pouting.

 

"But Appa--"

 

"Sorry my dear but no buts. I already booked a flight for me and your Eomma, later afternoon we will go to US because of an urgent matter we need to solve there. I know you have many friends in US, but Jung Hye, you must get to know more about the country where you are born, you can get to meet more friends here in Korea. Geokjeong hajima nae ttal, its only for a year, if we resove the problem immediately we will go back here as soon as possible"

 

(A/N: Geokjong Hajima- Don't worry

Nae ttal- My daughter)

 

"I understand Appa. But where am I going to reside temporarily? I'm going to live here alone in our house?"

 

"No Jung Hye."

 

"But where?"

 

 

Without saying any word her father took his phone then dialled a number.

 

 

 

"Yoboseyo? Jung Hwan-ah"

 

(A/N: Yoboseyo- Hello? (use in telephone coversation))

 

 

"You're really serious about this Appa?" her mother suddenly blurted out.

 

Jung Hye looked at them, getting more confused. *Jung Hwan oppa? I will live with Jung Hwan Oppa? But he's an Idol now? How come?* she thought.

 

(A/N: Oppa- girls endearment to their older brother, or boyfriend)

 

"Oh Appa! Why did you call all of a sudden? I miss you Appa, and also Eomma and Jung Hye-ya. " Sandeul said over the phone.

 

"I miss you too my son. Are you busy right now?" Appa asked.

 

"No, not that much Appa. Waeyo?"

 

(A/N: Waeyo?- Why? (less informal))

 

"I have to say this very quick and you must answer as soon as I ask you. I will get straight to the point, me and your Eomma don't have much time today to discuss this to you, but we are going to US today because of a sudden mishaps in our business there and we need you to take care of your sister while we are away. Our flight will be later this afternoon. I want you to go here later at 2pm and pick us up--"

 

"Appa, wait. I think there will be a problem."

 

"What is it?" Lee Appa asked, her forehead crinkled, Lee Eomma suddenly clutched his arm.

 

"We are all-boys in our dorm. Isn't it awkward if Jung Hye will live here with  4 guys she doesn't know well? And i still have to ask our manager and our agency if they will agree to that."

 

"What?! All-boys? 5 guys and Jung Hye alone in the dorm? I won't let Jung Hye live there, that's dangerous! Maldo Andwae!" almost shouting, Eomma suddenly interruped, she crossed her arms while saying it.

 

(A/N: Maldo Andwae!- expression; No way!)

 

"Jung Hye is already mature to know about her safety, and this is also a task given to you by me, and your Eomma" Appa looked at Eomma after saying that, "Jung Hye will be your responsibility while we are not around, i know she will not cause any burden to you, all you have to do is ensure her safety while she lives with your bandmates."

 

"I don't have any choice but to accept that task. Kuraeyo Appa, I will take care of Jung Hye. I  will went to our agency and tell about this to them."

 

"If there's more problem, call me immediately."

 

"Arasseoyo Appa. I will get there after I went to WM Entertainment."

 

(A/N: Arasseoyo- I understand; Approval (less informal))

 

 

Then Sandeul hang up the phone.

 

 

 

"I think you already overheard my coversation with your oppa, so I just hope that you'd be good while we are away" Appa told to Jung Hye then held her hands.

 

"Ne Appa. But go back here after you finished solving that business matter ok? I will miss you and Eomma" said Jung Hye, teary-eyed.

 

"Don't worry, we promise to go back here immediately." then the three hugged.

 

 

 

 

 

 

^Be the one all for One^


 

 

Predebut Photos:

(i do not own any of these fotos! cr. to the owner ^^)

 

 

Jinyoung

                       

 

 

 

CNU

           

 

 

 

Sandeul

                                          

 

 

 

Baro

                  

 

 

 

Gongchan

           

 

 

 

 

-siennaBANAna