Shining Star; ontae

Games

 

Taemin smiled to himself as the silhouette of his hyung came into view. He jogged faster and as soon as he was close enough to the elder he linked their arms together. The shorter man jumped a little and Taemin laughed.

 

Jinki hyung, did I startle you?”

 

No! I was looking for you, I didn't even hear you!” Jinki spluttered.

 

So sweet, looking for me.” Taemin teased and pulled Jinki along into a jog. Taemin tightened his grip on Jinki's hand and found himself wondering if people could drag Jinki around with them as easily as he does. If there was a possibility – just the thought had Taemin feeling worried, maybe a little jealous – he shoved those thoughts to the back of his head and willed them to rot for the rest of the day while he focused on Jinki. He heard Jinki make an embarrassed sound and saw that the elder was petulantly looking away when he turned to joke some more. “Did you miss me that much?”

 

Maybe!” Jinki huffed. Taemin liked Jinki's reaction, all of Jinki's reactions. He wasn't as blunt as Kibum, so Taemin didn't get whacked on his head, but he wasn't as reserved as Minho would unconsciously be, so Taemin wouldn't feel as though he may have hit a sore spot with his – occasional – sharp tongue.

 

Don't be mad, we still have the entire afternoon to spend together!” Taemin beamed and Jinki softened a little. He looked to Taemin, grinned and Taemin couldn't help but return the wide smile. Taemin continued, animatedly singing, “It'll be fun! We can go get some stuff to eat first and then we'll do a bunch of other stuff!”

 

They spent the rest of the afternoon wasting time in that special way that was only for the two of them.