New Piece of Art...

IRREVOCABLE...

 

IRREVOCABLE

“How can this kind of mistake happened?!!”, Kim So Eun and Kim Jae Joong asked simultaneously as they slammed their hands on the desk of the front counter together. They got their action synchronized with each other so So Eun glared at him and Jae Joong smirked at her.

“Don’t copy me!!!”, they scolded each other – again in union.

“Just shut up!”, So Eun snapped at him, squeezed her shoulders to look at him. Jae Joong gasped in disbelief, he shook his head.

“No, you shut up!”, he growled to her back and the receptionist in the counter stretched her hands to pat both of their shoulders.

“Please, please...calm down, miss...both of you...”, she told them, glancing confusedly from So Eun’s angry face to Jae Joong’s annoyed look. They snorted and turned their bodies against each other, refused to look at each other. The receptionist exhaled heavily before she took a deep breath, calming herself to start handling this problem and she asked them.

“So, may I know what is the problem that stuck between both of you?”, she started slowly but Jae Joong had shot her with his fierce stares while So Eun narrowed her murderous eyes at the girl. She bit her lips in hesitation, scared by these two extreme people.

“He took my room!”, So Eun accused.                                                                                                                            

“Rubbish! She IS the one who took my room!”, Jae Joong exclaimed back and the receptionist immediately nodded – she wanted to prevent any further argument before this counter might be crush down by them.

“Okay, okay...I got it...now can both of you take a seat inside our office? Then I’ll call our manager to discuss about this, right? Please...here...”, she motioned for them to wait inside a room next to the counter. So Eun and Jae Joong nodded, they started walking but then Jae Joong stopped.

“Maybe you can call for a lawyer alongside with it...I might want to sue someone here!”, he suggested sarcastically as So Eun widened her eyes at him.

“Sue??? I doubt that a person like you know anything about the law! I’m the one who should sue you because intentionally trashing a girl’s bathroom while she is taking her bath is labeled under the ual harassment! And you did that to me! So you better watch your !”, she yelled angrily at Jae Joong and he raised his eyebrow fearlessly to So Eun.

“Watch my ??? I don’t have too because I know I’m completely hot...compare to an ugly duck with not so marvelous , like you!”, he bashed her back and the receptionist quickly pushed her body to stand before them. People around the lobby started to have their attention on them so she knew that she needs to stop this before her manager scolds her.

“Enough! Please, I beg for both of you to wait patiently inside the room...we will settle this problem, okay??? Don’t worry...”, she assured them, trying to be patient to handle them as So Eun and Jae Joong rolled their eyes and resumed walking into the room.

Once they landed their butts around the long meeting table, a man came knocking on the door. So Eun and Jae Joong glared sideway to him as he opened the door and stepped inside.

“Hello, everyone...I’m Mr. Song...nice meeting both of you...”, he greeted, bowing politely to them but none of So Eun or Jae Joong reply his greeting. They sat silence and stiff. Jae Joong has his hands folded across his chest while So Eun tapped her fingers impatiently on the table. Mr. Song came to sit ahead of them and he cleared his throat.

“So, I heard that both of you accidently reserved the same room...my apology...I take it as my worker’s mistake...she mistook your family name as a married couple...you know, Mr. Kim Jae Joong and Ms. Kim So Eun...both of you have the surname Kim and planned to check in the room around 3 o’clock, right?”, he explained and asked them at the same time. Jae Joong frowned while So Eun bit her lips. Married couple??? They would rather die than marrying each other! Jae Joong finally cleared his throat. He fixed his arragont stares on Mr. Song.

“Yes...but I remembered that when I made the reservation, I did remind that the girl will mention my name to the receptionist...but I don’t think SHE would have mentioned my name! She doesn’t even know it!”, Jae Joong exclaimed to him and So Eun laughed in mixture of anger and disgust.

“Please...I don’t have to know your name! You’re not that important to be remembered! Just a useless playboy who stupidly dumped his girlfriend!”, So Eun reminded him about the incident around the garden this morning. Jae Joong tried to reply again but Mr. Song cut them.

“Fine...let’s settle it this way...one of you should move out from the room...but as for now, our hotel rooms are fully booked by the tourists...so the one that move out, I’m afraid that you need to find another hotel to stay in...”, he told them and Jae Joong immediately turned glaring to So Eun.

“Definitely the ugly duck that will move out! I promised my girlfriend to meet me here so I can’t change the hotel!”, he easily decided on it but So Eun shook her head fiercely.

“No! I paid for the room! I need to stay here at least for a week! I still need to finish my work...”, she argued but Jae Joong rolled his eyes.

“Well, unfortunately...I don’t care anything about that so it’s final! You have to move out!”, he pressed stubbornly and So Eun ended up slamming her body back on the chair. She bit her lips, thinking for a while before she thought that maybe she should just let it go. Besides, she can’t stand this jerk for any moment longer so she will just pack her bag and move to stay in another hotel! So she turned to look at Mr. Song.

“Fine...I’ll check out from it...but I need my money back...”, she requested but Mr. Song smiled apologetically at her.

“Sorry, miss...but the money is non-refundable...we’re really sorry but we can’t give the fee back to you...”, he informed her and So Eun felt that her jaw dropped open in shock. If she can’t get the money back, how on Earth can she reserve another hotel room??? She didn’t have any money to do that again!!! Jae Joong could only smirk when he saw her surprised face. Then he stood up and slightly bowed to Mr. Song.

“I guess the case is closed...excuse me...”, he said to him and walked to leave the office. But when he reached the door, he stopped and turned to look at the froze So Eun over his shoulder.

“I’ll leave the door unlock for you to get your bag...but remember to lock it after you’ve check out...”, he reminded So Eun and she could only gulped down without even looking at him. So Eun heard he closed the door and disappeared – leaving her to deal with the problem alone. What should she do now??? Where else can she stay???

*irrevocably*

“I have to do this! It’s not that I want too...it just...yeah...I just need to make him understand...em!”, So Eun said to her reflection inside the mirror, encouraging herself before she nodded confidently and walked out with straight shoulders from the toilet. She arranged her steps robotically toward room number 221 before she stopped in front of it. Then she inhaled deeply and knocked on the door.

“Wait up!”, she flinched a bit, bracing her strength as she heard Jae Joong’s voice from inside the room. Two seconds later, the door was pulled open and it revealed his tall figure in front of her. Jae Joong raised his eyebrow wickedly to So Eun, leaning one arm against the door.

“Coming to pick your stuff???”, he guessed and without waiting for her reply, he stepped aside.

“Do it quickly...because my girlfriend will be here soon enough after this...”, he said but So Eun stayed frozen on her feet. She bit her lips as she dared her eyes to stare up at him. Jae Joong frowned upon seeing her uncertain face. “What’s up with you???”

“Em...we need to talk...em...no, I mean...I have something to talk to you...”, So Eun told him, stumbled with her words because she never really knows how to confess the truth to him. Jae Joong smirked but he sighed and walked inside the room.

“Whatever you want to talk, just do it fast enough...”, he finally agreed with her and So Eun hastily nodded. She walked into the room and closed the door behind her. She followed him until Jae Joong stopped to sit on the bed while So Eun was standing next to the dressing table. She glanced around for a while, checking for her luggage and she saw it was placed exactly like before – Jae Joong never change anything regarding her things. Then she slowly gulped down and turned to look at him. He blinked his eyes boringly at her and So Eun started to open , talking.

“I know that it was a mistake that we accidently reserved the same hotel room...but to check out from here and rent another hotel room...I don’t think I afford that...”, she explained but Jae Joong narrowed his eyes.

“Why not???”

“Because I’ve running out of money...all that I have for now is only enough for food and my flight ticket to be back in Korea...”, she tried to earn his understanding again but Jae Joong simply laughed at her.

“You’re running out of money??? What??? You came for holiday in here but you don’t even bother to bring enough money??? Now what are you going to do???”, he shot her with those questions – it burned her patience from inside but So Eun tried to keep her head under control so she exhaled slowly.

“I know it sounds crazy to you but...I hope we can share the room...”, she finally admitted and Jae Joong widened his eyes at her.

“What???”

“I want to share the room with you...because I really don’t have enough money for now...I’m not coming here for holiday but I’m here for working...writing article for my journal...so I really hope that you understand my situation...or if you’ve your own money...maybe you can check out for other room...then we don’t have to share...but as for me, I’m sorry...I don’t have any other place to stay except in this hotel...”, she pursued him about the matter and Jae Joong was now hesitated to answer. He was getting confused whether to let her stay or to move out and give this room to her – but if he do that, he will obviously lose to her. Jae Joong felt his stubbornness fired up in his heart and when he was about to give her a reply, they were startled by a knock on the door.

“Jae Joong ah...I’m here, honey...”, they heard a woman’s voice and So Eun turned to stare at Jae Joong with pleading eyes. He stared at her too before he lastly sighed and got up from the bed.

“Go and hide somewhere else...I can’t lose this girl yet...she will be mad at me if she sees you here...”, he ordered her as he walked toward the door. He not yet gives her any conclusion to her request just now but So Eun didn’t wait and she ran into the toilet. She locked herself inside it until she heard their footsteps walking into the room. So Eun listened in silence as Jae Joong’s laughing voice filling her ears with his girlfriend’s cheerful laughter. They were joking over something but their closeness somehow recalling another memory inside her mind – a painful memory that So Eun tried her best to forget it. And because of that memory happened to her, she decided to take this job and travelled around the world to forget it – forgetting him. So Eun thought as she slowly shut her eyes, picturing that moment back...

***********************

*SO EUN                                                                                                                                                               

“You’re going back early tonight???”, I tilted my head sideway when I heard my officemate asked me. Then I curved a smile while nodding to her.

“Yeah...it’s Si Hoo’s birthday...so I want to surprise him at his apartment...”, I told her excitedly, and the thrill in my smile never leaves my lips. My officemate grinned and beamed playfully to me.

“Send my congrat to him...and what do you buy for his present?”, she asked and I winked. Then I hastily pulled out a paper bag, wrapped with cute turquoise ribbons from below of my desk. I got up from my place and walked over toward her desk instead. As I put down the bag in front of her, she ducked her head to take a look inside it and she giggled.

“Wow! A scrapbook! You did it yourself???”, she cheered in surprise and I held up a peace sign toward her – I laughed.

“I guess a handmade gift is way more meaningful...”, I explained to her and my friend smiled.

“Yeah...I agree with you...so, can I take a look inside the book???”, she asked, starting to reach her hand inside the bag but I immediately pulled the bag away from her. I shook my head with wide grin on my face.

“No, you can’t! The contents are all about my love story with Si Hoo so you can’t peek at out secret...sorry!”, I apologized to her and walked back to my desk. My friend chuckled at me but I ignored her and turned to glance at the wall clock. My eyes widened in realization – it was 11.30 p.m. already! Just 30 minutes to go before his real birthday countdown! So I yelled a bit and hastily ran to get my handbag.

“Damn it! I’m late! I need to go now...see you tomorrow, Jung In ah!”, I shouted to my friend as I started to storm out from the office. I was a journalist so my working hour has no limit – we can stay as long as we want, that would be easier for us to write the article calmingly. I ran and ran until I stopped panting in front of an apartment. The building was tall and huge – this was where my boyfriend was living, his name was Kim Si Hoo. I giggled at the thought that he has the same surname like me – than I can always keep my family name even after we get married. Yeah, it was my dream to marry him and be his perfect wife because...I was so much in love with Kim Si Hoo – irrevocably and unstoppably. When my breath had become calmer, I gazed down inside the paper bag that I held in my hand. I curved a happy smile on the scrapbook that I took a week full to finish it. They contained everything – our pictures, love letters, love notes and everything about our whole love story. I just hoped that I can give him my heart – my whole love as his birthday present but I can’t. So I could only portray it inside this scrapbook – hopefully he will like it and willing to accept my irrevocable love for him. Lastly, I took a deep breath and started to enter the apartment. I never tell him anything about my visit tonight. We just promised to go for a date tomorrow on his real birthday but I can’t seem to wait for it so I came earlier tonight! I wanted to be the first person to wish the birthday in front of his very eyes – I wanted to hug him tightly and...kiss him! Those were all that I planned until I finally reached his door.

I arranged my face to look extreme happy before I stretched my hand to push on the bell button. It rang once, twice before I heard running footsteps toward the door. My smile grew wider right now as I was biting my lips in nervousness.

“Coming!!!”, but I was stopped from feeling thrill when my ears caught sound of a woman’s voice. Then the door was opened and I tilted my head to look inside. That was when my eyes met another pair of beautiful eyes that belonged to a girl. I scanned her questioningly up and down – she was about the same age as me but she was taller. The girl looked confused too but then she curved a thin smile.

“Yes??? Looking for someone???”, she asked and I was hesitated to call for Si Hoo but I never stand a chance since a few minutes later, he came walking toward the door.

“Who is it, darling???”, I frowned when I heard him asking and addressing her as ‘darling’. There he was, standing next to the girl as he slung an arm casually around her shoulders. I fixed my eyes static on his face before he raised his head to look at me. His eyes instantly changed in mood. His usual calm stares were now intense and shock when he gazed straight on me too. I tried to open my mouth, asking for his explanation but I found my tongue gone stiffer and my mind stopped thinking.

“So Eun ah...”, I heard Si Hoo called my name but I shook my head and my hand loosened its grip on the paper bag that I carried. Si Hoo and the girl both flinched a bit when I let the bag thumped on the floor. I bit my lips, struggling to control the mixture of disappointment, anger and sadness that all came rushing to my heart. Without saying a word to him, I started to turn around and immediately left them. I was sure that the girl followed my hurried steps with confusion on her face but I ignored her and picked up my paces. Then I heard Si Hoo shouted at me.

“So Eun ah! So Eun ah!”, he kept on calling for me but I never stop walking and now I was running until I reached the lift. Once it was opened, I pushed my body inside and quickly closed the elevator’s door. When he was completely gone from my sight, I found myself getting harder to breathe so I slowly slipped down my body to the floor. I felt my whole body screamed in pain as tears started to portray my sorrow. I didn’t have to ask, I’m clearly aware who was that girl just now – it must be his other girlfriend besides me. I was such a fool! To believe in him and to keep irrevocably loving him, it was all only a waste right now...because he left nothing but tears for me, for our love – I’ve found the fullstop to it – the end.

****************************

Kim So Eun wiped the tears wetting her cheeks as she hid away the memory inside her head again. Then she breathed in deeply before she got up from the edge of the bathtub. Slowly, she took her steps toward the door – she can’t stay in here, she needs to leave! So Eun braved herself and she pulled on the knob, opening the door wide for her. She scanned around the room for Jae Joong and his girlfriend until she finally saw them on the balcony. They both have their back on her as Jae Joong was hugging the beautiful girl around her waist. They were deep in their conversation so So Eun took the chance to run away. She quickly walked past the bed and out from the room. She closed the door in her slowest motion, not wanting to disturb Jae Joong and his girlfriend before she walked out from the hotel. She just earning for some fresh air right now.

*irrevocably*

So Eun walked alone, wandering around the bustling city of Tokyo. People were everywhere – walking, cycling, riding the motorbikes or even driving their cars but none of them really notice the gloominess on So Eun’s face. Tired of walking along the street, she lastly decided to rest on one of the benches that situated along the road. So Eun sat there, staring ahead the busy traffic before the wind suddenly blew a bit strong and So Eun have to tie up her long messy hair so that it won’t disturb her sight. Then something flew toward her direction until it stopped down on her feet. So Eun realized it and she bent down to pick up that thing. It was a photo – a photo of scenery. So Eun was instantly mesmerized by it when she stared closely on the picture of the Tokyo tower and the blooming Sakura trees gated around it – it looked magnificent.

“Em...excuse me...but it’s my picture that you picked...”, So Eun raised her head up when she heard someone told her like that. Automatically, her sight was filled with a man who stood in front of her. He was blinking his eyes on her too as they stared to each other for a while. Finally, he curved a smile for her – a smile that was so blinding to So Eun that she was instantly forced to admit that he was very much good looking. So Eun gulped down , darting her eyes down on her lap as she handed the picture to him.

“Here...your photo...”, she said slowly to him and returned the picture toward the man. He nodded and laughed.

“Thank you...”, he said and bowed politely to her but when he was about to leave, So Eun praised the picture. “It is beautiful...the scenery...”, it made the man to immediately turn his body back on her – he grinned even wider right now.

“Really??? You love my photo???”, he asked her, sounded so much interested but So Eun could only nod her head in hesitation. Why did he need to be that excited??? It was just a picture after all. Suddenly, So Eun was startled when he clicked his fingers loudly.

“Great! I’m glad that you like it! So can I take a seat with you???”, he asked for her permission and So Eun frowned.

“Sure...this bench is for public after all...”, So Eun replied him, pointing her finger on the bench that she sat and the man smiled. He nodded in agreement with her opinion before he came to land his next to her. So Eun cleared , distancing her body from him a bit as she watched him from side way – he was taking something out from his bag – an album before he placed it on her lap. So Eun frowned even more to him.

“What...what is this for???”, she asked, blinking her eyes at him.

“It is my collection of pictures...if you don’t mind, you can check it out...”, he welcomed her. So Eun hesitated for a while but then she slowly nodded and moved her hands to flip on the album. She felt her jaw dropped open in surprise when she watched those pictures inside the album. They were amazing with compilation of beautiful sceneries and eyes catching places all over the world. So Eun found herself smiling on those arts as she heard the man laughed too.

“So you’re a photographer???”, she started to ask him, raising her head to look at him. He chuckled but he shook his head.

“I hope that I am...but I’m not...”, his answer attracted her to ask for more. So Eun leaned her body on the bench, trying to sound casual about this.

“You’re only hoping...why???”, the man laughed and shrugged at her.

“Because my family will never agree to it...my dad said that being a photographer is only a waste of time...so instead of being the real one, I can’t only turning my dream into a hobby...taking photos...”, he explained again and snapped up his camera toward the busy traffic in front of them. So Eun felt a bit touched by the story but she smiled at him.

“That’s very pity of you...because my family never go against my dream...whatever that I choose to do in my life, they will support it...encouraging me to be the best...that’s why they never complain even when I spend my whole life from after I graduated from university until now to be a journalist...even though the salary is low but I enjoy it...because it is what I really want to do...”, she told him and the man glanced sideway to grin at her.

“You love writing???”

“Yeah...I’m somehow...good in writing better than talking face to face with people...”, she agreed with him and he laughed while giving her a nod.

“Yeah...me too...I see well through this thing...”, he replied and shook his camera up to her. They laughed together as So Eun continued to look at his album. That was when he turned staring on her. This girl was unquestionably looked messy in her attire but there something on her appearance that looked really unique. He felt it, the prettiness in her – the way her eyelashes brushed her cheeks when she stared down on the photos, her innocence iris – filled with pureness and sincerity and lastly, her thin reddish lips. He silently smile and held up his lens toward her, he pointed it on her face and pushed the button to capture her picture. So Eun looked up to him when she heard the clicking sound of his camera again.

“What are you taking???”, she asked him, trying to peek on the screen of his camera but he shoved it away from her.

“Nothing...”, he assured her, shaking his head as So Eun snorted and resumed flipping through the album. Then he checked on her photo again, inside his camera she looked so beautiful – she was a piece of art too. He laughed when he realized that he was mesmerized by her so he put down his camera and turned toward So Eun.

“What is your name???”, he asked. So Eun glanced to him and bowed. “Kim So Eun...”

“You’re a Korean???”, he suddenly gasped in disbelief but So Eun narrowed her eyes at him.

“Why???”

“Because I’m a Korean too...I’m Kim Bum by the way...”, he told her and they laughed in union.

“Your Japanese is great...I’m quite blinded by it...”, Kim Bum praised her and So Eun shook her head.

“Your Japanese is not bad too...”, she praised her back and Kim Bum winked at her.

“Thank you...glad that I found a close friend here...and thank you again because you said that my picture is pretty...I never heard that before...my family and all the people around me never really care about my interest in photography...so thank you so much...”, he said his gratitude to her but So Eun laughed while shaking her head.

“It is nothing actually...I’m just telling the true...your pictures are pretty...”, she assured him again but Kim Bum slightly shook his head.

“I don’t think so...”, he replied, making So Eun to frown at him.

“But why??? They are really pretty...”, she was confused by his answer but Kim Bum went on laughing. He held up his camera again and stared on So Eun’s picture inside it.

“I can’t no longer admit that my pictures are pretty...because I suddenly found a new definition of pretty right now...”, he told her and So Eun rolled her eyes.

“What is that supposed to mean???”, she asked him weirdly and Kim Bum smiled to her.

“You...my new definition of beauty is you...you’re so beautiful, Kim So Eun sshi...”, Kim Bum confessed to her but So Eun found herself lost for right word to reply him. To break the awkwardness when Kim Bum kept on staring on her, So Eun finally grinned.

“Em...thank you...”

To be continued...

"Can a heartbroken girl like Kim So Eun falling irrevocably in love with a heartbreaker like Kim Jae Joong?"