Under The Blossoming Sakura...

IRREVOCABLE...

 

IRREVOCABLE

Spring – was a very beautiful season. Kim So Eun thought to herself. She raised her eyelids, fixing her sight on the pinkish scenery around her. These Sakura trees did invite a soft, gentle feeling to whoever that sees them. So Eun found herself curving up a thin smile when that kind of idea strikes inside her mind. Then she bent down to her feet and picked up one small petal of the Sakura flower. She placed it on her palm, enjoying the pretty pinky color of that little flower. Well, spring was the only time where everyone can enjoy the fresh blooming of Sakura. That was why So Eun chose Japan as her destination to carry a special research about her next article.

‘Beautiful Places around the World’ – maybe Japan was the best place to start with. She monologue alone in her heart as So Eun blew that petal just now off from her palm.

“You’re such a jerk!!! How dare you Kim Jae Joong!!!”, So Eun was struck when she heard someone screamed out loud. Immediately, she tilted her head to a direction where the voice came from. The next thing that she saw was a girl, standing in front of a boy who sat on the bench. She growled fiercely down to him. It was crystal clear to So Eun that she was mad at him.

“Huh! Why do you need to be so angry? It’s a normal life cycle, don’t you think? We fall in love, be in love and lastly, we break up...that’s it...the end...”, So Eun shifted her eyes down to that boy.

She frowned when she heard him answering that girl heartlessly. What an – So Eun cursed in her mind as she realized that the girl in front of him had started to cry now. Tears flowing down her cheeks like diamonds, it was beautiful – she was beautiful. How can he break a heart of such a pretty lady??? So Eun questioned alone and it invited her mind to recall something else too. Well, maybe the boys never care about the appearance when they wish to break someone’s heart – the pretty or the ugly one doesn’t seem to be matter with them. When it was over, that really meant over for him – the boy. So Eun thought as she felt her own eyes got warmer now.

“PANG!!!”, she was once again pulled out from her train of thoughts when she caught sound of a slap. She moved her gazes back on the couple and she watched that boy was slapped hard on his cheek by the girl – served him right, So Eun thought.

“Someday you’ll regret it, Jae Joong! When you finally find someone that you truly love...and you lose her!!! Let’s see if you can deal with the pain that time!! Mark my words!!!”, the girl cautioned him and she left hastily, wiping away her tears with both of her hands. So Eun followed her with her eyes before she darted it back to the boy named Kim Jae Joong. He was smirking alone as he pulled out his cell phone from his pocket.

So Eun eyed him up and down. He was tall and has perfect straight shoulders with well-built broad chest. His walnut colored hair flopping over his eyes was blown softly by the cold breeze around them. But his dreamy stares from his darkish brown iris giving So Eun a sort of attracting whenever she peered at him. His pointed nose and thin watery lips – he did have a look that managed to make any girl stick to him. So Eun commented silently in her mind before she continued to eavesdrop on his conversation with someone on the phone. She was right when she guessed that he was a Korean – he did because Jae Joong was now speaking in rapid Korean with the latter.

“Hello, darling...are you there???”, he said to the caller as So Eun bit her lips. Darling??? She thought he just dumped his girlfriend a few minutes before. Which darling was that??? So Eun felt desperate to know about it so she learned closer to his direction of bench.

“Yeah...I’ll find a hotel to stay in...And I’ll text you the address after I get it, okay???”, Jae Joong was now laughing over some jokes between his ‘darling’. His voice rang romantically in her ears and So Eun shrugged. She watched him when he suddenly nodded.

“Of course I dumped her...well, like a few minutes before...hahahaha...who want a cheap diner girl like her??? I would only appreciate a CEO’s daughter...like you...”, he said again and his words clicked So Eun in the whole matter. So he broke with the girl just now because she was just a diner girl!!! A cheap diner girl that was like the Earth and the Skies compared to his so called precious CEO’s daughter girlfriend??? What a !!! So Eun felt her heart burning with bright reddish flame right now!!! She glared at Jae Joong from behind.

“Okay, babe...then I’ll see you later...bye, love you too!”, Jae Joong said and kissed his phone on its screen. So Eun made a gesture like she wanted to throw up. Then she sat straight again when Jae Joong got up from the bench. He stretched his body, twisting his waist right and left before he started walking. That was when So Eun gathered up her strength and walked robotically toward him.

“Em...ehem...excuse me!”, she greeted him in Korean, knowing that he was the same country-buddy like her too. Jae Joong stopped walking and he threw his sight over his shoulder. He frowned when he found himself looking at a not very short and not very tall girl – just at average height. She was wearing a lame grey colored thick sweater with a pair of too baggy trousers. Her hair was tied up in high bun that Jae Joong almost laughed at her appearance. He never thought that this kind of backdated sense of fashion was still used by some of the girls. Well, maybe a girl – like the one that was standing before him right now. Jae Joong thought and he turned his body fully on her. He cleared his throat.

“Yes???”

Without any other word, So Eun raised up her hand high in the air as Jae Joong watched her questioningly. She then landed her palm hard on his cheek until it caused the loud sound of...

“PANG!!!”

Then she smiled in satisfaction and walked away. Jae Joong blinked his eyes, having his head tilted to the right side a bit after she slapped him. He cursed in disbelief and he cracked his neck sideway to look at her. This ugly duckling popped out so suddenly from the thin air and she ended up slapping his handsome face??? What the Hell with her??? What was her problem??? Jae Joong thought furiously as he groaned and resumed walking too. He got it twice today, the nice slaps – one from his ex-girlfriend and another one from...that hideous girl!

*Irrevocably*

“Good evening, Aozora Hotel here! Can I help you???”, Jae Joong heard the receptionist greeted him in Japanese through the line. Jae Joong stayed reading on a flyer inside his hand as he frowned on the information about that hotel printed on it.

“Yes...I want to reserve a room...please?”, he requested to the receptionist girl.

“You’re welcome, sir...what kind of room do you want? The single bedroom or the twin bedroom?”, she asked him back and Jae Joong straightly answered her. “The twin bedroom...”

“Alright, sir...room number 221, is it okay?”, she asked him after a minute of silence and Jae Joong nodded as thought she could see him. “Yes...of course...”

“Then, can you tell me your full name and contact number???”

“Em...it’s Kim Jae Joong...and my number...”, he went on telling her his personal information before everything about the registration was over. The receptionist was smiling to the phone.

“That’s all Mr. Kim...when do you want to check in???”, she asked for his confirmation again. Jae Joong bit his lips as he glanced down to his wrist watch.

“Em...I’ll be there this evening...around 3 o’clock...or maybe a girl will check in for me...just give the key to her when she come and tell you my name...”, he reminded her and the receptionist nodded.

“Alright, Mr. Kim...thank you...”, she said and Jae Joong hung up the phone. He was done with the hotel so now he needs to go to the restaurant, making sure that everything was arranged properly for his dinner with his brand new wealthy girlfriend. Jae Joong nodded to his mental-racking plan before he resumed driving toward that place.

*Irrevocably*

“Em, hello? Can I make a room reservation, please???”, So Eun asked through the public phone as her hands busied grumbling inside her purse to get more coins out from it.

“Yes, miss...what kind of room do you wish to stay in??? The single bedroom or the twin bedroom???”, she heard the receptionist answered her and So Eun pushed some coins inside the phone box to longer the call-length. She bit her lips as she thought over for it.

“Em...which room is cheaper???”, she asked again.

“The single bedroom, miss...”

“Okay then...I’ll reserve that one...”, So Eun agreed and suddenly she heard a knock sound over the phone. So Eun blinked her eyes and she distanced the phone to take a look on it. Then she pasted it back on her ears.

“Hello, miss...are you okay???”, So Eun asked the receptionist but no one answer her.

“Please insert another 50 cents to add three minutes on the call...”, So Eun clicked her tongue impatiently when she heard the operator suggested to her like that. Immediately, she peeked into her purse and found nothing but the dusty pocket. She had run out of the money – great! So Eun thought as she rushed to end the call before the line was cut out.

“Sorry, miss...but please register for me...my name is Kim So Eun and I’ll check in this evening around 3 o’clock, okay??? Thanks!!!”, and she hung up the phone. So Eun blew air out from in relief as she listened to the beeping sound of the phone. She hoped that the receptionist got the information about her full name just now. So Eun thought before she paced out from the public phone’s room. Then she continued to take pictures around the city, doing her research for her journal.

“Hey, Ryo chan! What are you doing to the phone??? I still have a customer on the line, you know? Now, sit silently over there!”, the receptionist girl scolded a little boy, now standing next to the phone on the desk. She grabbed back the phone held by him before she motioned for her manager’s baby son to leave the counter. She rolled her eyes.

“Urgh! Seriously, the manager should lock up her son so that this kid won’t disturb people around here...”, she mumbled to herself as she put on the phone again.

“Sorry for the wait just now...may I know your name, miss???”, she said again to the caller, putting on her formal, business-like voice again but she frowned when she found out only the beeping sound replied her.

“Em, hello? Miss, are you still there???”, she called out to the girl caller just now but she had already hung up. The receptionist girl sighed and she put down the phone back.

“What a waste to lose a customer in the middle of this spring holiday...all thank you to that little brat just now!”, she nagged, glaring sideway to the little kid that interrupted her conversation with the female customer just now. She lastly shook her head and resumed her work as the hotel’s receptionist again.

*Irrevocably*

“Ah!!! Finally, I can rest in my room!”, So Eun cheered to herself as she clapped her hands in happiness. She gazed up to a tall building across from her. She was tired after the whole day spent by strolling here and there around the Tokyo city to gain knowledge about the busy but unique city. Now, she needs nothing more than a warm calming bath inside the hotel room before she takes her nap. So Eun nodded, agreed to her plan and she walked over to enter the hotel.

“Welcome to Aozora Hotel!”, the bellboy greeted her when he pulled the entrance door for her to step in. So Eun smiled to him before they bowed to each other. Then he took her luggage as he motioned her toward the counter. So Eun followed until she stopped standing before a young beautiful lady at the counter. The receptionist looked up to her and smiled.

“Welcome, miss...what can I help you?”, she asked her politely and So Eun grinned back.

“Em, I’ve booked a room here...saying that I’ll check in around 3 o’clock this evening...so can I get my room now???”, So Eun told the receptionist and she nodded to her.

“Can I know your name, miss???”, she asked her for the room confirmation and So Eun winked to her.

“I’m Kim So Eun!”, she answered her cheerfully and they laughed together.

“Okay...wait a moment please...”, she said and moved to check on the registered list. Among the endless names of guests, she spotted ‘Kim Jae Joong’ at once. Then her memory flicked back on a call came from this man – he did mention that a girl would come to check in for him so the receptionist smiled and glanced again toward So Eun.

“Room number 221, right?”, she questioned her as So Eun blinked her eyes. No one ever tell her anything about the number of the room but she wasn’t very care about it as long as she can get the room for her to take her rest. So she nodded confidently.

“Yes!”, and the receptionist continued to register the room before she handed the key to it.

“Your room is in the third floor...have fun!”, she wished to her and So Eun waved the key toward the girl worker.

“Thank you! You too, happy working!”, So Eun cheered back to her as the receptionist laughed and bowed down. Then she followed the bellboy toward the elevator. So Eun can’t stop herself from smiling, she couldn’t wait to rest in peace inside her room!

*Irrevocably*

A sport branded car zoomed away from a far of the main road before it stopped parking at the lobby area of the hotel. Jae Joong stepped out from it and he left the worker to park his car at the right parking area. With his luggage carried by the bellboys, they followed him walking inside the hotel. Jae Joong arranged his steps in high pride as everyone around the lobby glanced from the corner of their eyes to see this rich handsome boy. Jae Joong was surely attracting so much attention until the two receptionist girls hastily got up from their seats when he came to stand before the counter. They bowed down simultaneously to him.

“Welcome to Aozora Hotel! What can I help you, sir?”, one of them asked him as Jae Joong set down his tinted sunglasses on the counter. He peered up to the girls, flashing his seductive but gorgeously handsome smile toward them. The receptionists were both blushing under his intense stares. Then Jae Joong cleared his throat.

“Em...I want to check in for my room...I’ve made a reservation this morning...room 221?”, he told the receptionist and one of them clapped a hand on .

“Oh! You must be Mr. Kim Jae Joong!”, she guessed to him, pointing a finger toward Jae Joong. He grinned his much attractive smile at her, causing her to giggle in happiness.

“Yes, honey...glad that you remember my name...so can I get my key???”, he pressed on the matter and the girls hastily moved around to complete the registration for him.

“Um...but I guess you don’t have to make any further registration, sir...because your wife had already completed it...”, the receptionist told him and it earned a frown from Jae Joong.

“Pardon??? My wife???”, he asked, sounded confuse.

“Yes, Mrs. Kim is here...she arrived exactly at 3 o’clock just now...”, she told him again and Jae Joong shook his head.

“You’re so cunning, Yuri ah...how dare you act as my wife...I’m still a free bachelor, you know...”, Jae Joong mumbled under his breath as he assumed that his girlfriend, Yuri was the one that pretended to be Mrs. Kim or his wife. But Jae Joong chose to drop the matter as he smiled up again to the receptionist.

“Alright then...just give me the key...”

*Irrevocably*

“Lalala...lalalala...lalalala...”, So Eun sang happily to herself as she blew the bubbles inside the bathtub. Then she laughed cutely when she watched it flew up into the air before it burst popping and disappeared. So Eun relaxed her body on the edge of the tub.

“Ah...so refreshing...”, she commented when her ears suddenly caught sound of someone clicking on the door of her room. So Eun frowned and she quickly sat up to get out from the tub.

“Who is it??? The cleaner???”, she guessed alone as she reached for the towel to cover her body from her chest to her knees.

Meanwhile outside the bathroom, Jae Joong had already locked back the door before he walked entering further inside the hotel room. He scanned around for his girlfriend.

“Yuri ah! Are you here???”, he asked and So Eun froze when she was about to pull the knob open.

“Who is Yuri???”, she whispered to herself when she heard a man’s voice calling out that name. That was when Jae Joong tilted his head toward the bathroom’s door and saw the light inside it. He curved a seducing smile.

“So, you’re taking your bath without waiting for me??? How unfair...”, he commented naughtily before he threw his luggage onto the nearby bed and walked over toward the door. He ed his shirt all the way there until it left his broad chest to expose between the opened shirt. Then he pulled its knob to open the door, simultaneously with So Eun when she moved her hand to unlock the door.

“Ah!”, she suddenly screamed when she realized that someone was pushing the door to open wide before her. She heard Jae Joong laughed.

“Why are you so afraid, darling??? Let’s take a bath together...”, he said and poking his head from behind the door. But his eyes widened when he saw So Eun there. So Eun was caught in major shock too as she froze on her legs and hugged her body around the chest to cover her totally exposed fair shoulders. Jae Joong narrowed his eyes and realization hit him hard on his face.

“You!”, he exclaimed once he remembered So Eun as the girl that had slapped him this morning. So Eun remembered this playboy too and it made her to start feeling scare when she saw his bare chest under his exposed shirt.

“Tell me, what are you doing in my room???!!!”, Jae Joong barked loudly at her and it startled So Eun.

“Wait! This is my room!”, she tried to argue back but So Eun took a step backward when Jae Joong started to move entering the bathroom. He walked nearer to her and So Eun took another step behind to keep a safe distance with him.

“No! This is my room! Now get out from here, you ugly duck!”, Jae Joong scolded her again and he stretched his hand to drag her hand away but So Eun avoided his touch and it caused her to lose her balance.

“Ah!”, that was when she yelled and grabbed Jae Joong by his hand to support her body. He tried to keep his balance too but they both lost their stability when their feet swept on the slippery floor of the bathroom.

“Ouch!!!”, finally, they ended up knocking with each other’s body before Jae Joong closed his eyes when he felt his head bumped on the floor. He howled in pain, the same as So Eun before he opened his eyes. The first thing that he saw was So Eun’s blinking eyes. She was staring on him before...Jae Joong shifted his eyes down to her...em... body. It made him to curve a sarcastic smile when So Eun didn’t yet realize that her towel had gone off from wrapping her body. So Eun frowned when she watched him smiling.

“What a perfect body for an ugly duck like you...”, he whispered to her ear and it brought back the consciousness to So Eun. She gulped down as she slowly looked down on her body and saw that...she was lying on him!

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

To be continued...

"Can a heartbroken girl like Kim So Eun falling irrevocably in love with a heartbreaker like Kim Jae Joong?"