Feelings

When Rivalry Turns to Love

 

Haruga Jinago

Handari jinado

Neoege yeonragu

Ojireul anhasseo

Hongki stopped singing when he heard Jonghun saying something. He looked at Jonghun who was walking slowly behind him. They were walking towards his home. As his slave, he required Jonghun’s presence at his house, which wasn’t so easy considering Jonghun is really stubborn. They debated for an hour before the raven haired man agreed.

“What?” he asked, his hands on his hips, waiting for Jonghun to speak.

“I said your voice is really good. You could be a singer.”

Hongki grinned at Jonghun.

“Of course! I’m Hongstar remember?”

Jonghun smiled mockingly at him.

“Says who?”

“Says me!”

“Whatever,” Jonghun rolled his eyes. “Continue walking please. I want to sleep. You didn’t leave me alone this whole day,” he tiredly said.

“That is your punishment for belittling me,” Hongki said while turning around to walk again.

Several minutes later they reached Hongki’s house. It was a simple two-storey apartment painted in beige.

“The place seems quiet,” Jonghun noticed.

Hongki shrugged his shoulders and went to the door to unlock it. Once he opened the door, he motioned for Jonghun to follow him. Hongki immediately went to the kitchen to grab snacks. He was about to open the refrigerator when he heard Jonghun calling him.

“Ya, Hongki-hyung, where are your parents?”

Hongki grabbed two bottles of milk then closed the refrigerator. He went to the living room and saw Jonghun sitting comfortably at the sofa. He threw him the other bottle.

“Here.”

Jonghun caught the milk and opened it.

“Hey, I asked you a question.”

“They are abroad, musicians, you know. They barely step foot in Korea,” Hongki’s voice sound uncaring that Jonghun turned to stared at him.

Hongki looked at him too.

“What?” he asked, watching Jonghun’s eyes study his face.

“Why aren’t you sad?”

“I’m used to it. They were out of here since the end of middle school,” he shrugged again and drank his milk.

Jonghun looked around Hongki’s house. It looks sad to him.

“Hongki, I mean, hyung, where am I going to sleep?”

“Huh?” Hongki looked at Jonghun who is now standing and surveying the place.

“Where am I going to sleep?”

“Well this house has two rooms, you take the other one.”

Jonghun looked at Hongki.

“Where?”

“Upstairs,” Hongki stand up and lead Jonghun to the vacant room.

 

 

***

 

 

Hongki’s POV

“This is your room,” I was saying while opening the door to the room where he will stay. I saw his dark eyes wander around the room then he walked past me and entered the room.

“Cool,” I heard him say and watched him go to the bed and lie down. He turned to me.

“Hey, Hongki! Ah… hyung! Is this where your girls sleep? Or you just let them sleep with you?”

Why this annoying guy asked me that, I don’t know. He always has irritating words to throw at me.

“I let them sleep at their own houses, unlike you,” I raised my eyebrow, waiting for him to contradict what I said, instead, he said nothing.

“You really let them sleep with you, Jonghun-ah?”

I saw his eyes widen a fraction.

“What?” I asked him.

He blinked.

“Nothing. It’s just that…” he’s starting to get up and walk in my direction. He stopped in front of me. I held my breath and looked at him.

“Hongki-hyung… you said my name…” he whispered.

I can smell his breath. Geez, he’s very near. I looked away.

“Ya! I always call you by your name!” I shouted and tried to push him.

“Yes. But always in an angry voice.”

I looked up at him because he’s taller. His eyes are so dark I got lost on them. I found myself studying his face and then it was gone. He was walking towards his bed.

“God, I want to sleep,” he yawned and then lay on his bed again. Jonghun closed his eyes and said good night.

I just stood there, watching him sleep. Wow, this guy sleeps fast. He just laid there for a minute and he’s asleep. Wait! I have an idea!

I ran to my room to get a marker. Haha! When Jonghun wakes he will not recognize his face. I returned to his room once I found a marker. I walked towards him carefully, not wanting for him to wake and mess my plan. When I reached his side, I kneeled and opened the cap of the marker.

I giggled and looked at him, lying there peacefully sleeping. My eyes went to his lashes. Daebak, his lashes are long… and his lips are so red…

I found myself inching closer to his face. I don’t know what’s gotten into me but I suddenly want to kiss him, to see if his soft-looking lips are really soft. This is wrong, I know. I’m not supposed to like a guy but at that moment I didn’t care. I was about to kiss him when his eyes opened.

“Hongki, what are you doing?”

 

A/N

Yey! I updated! Leave comments! :)