Results

When Rivalry Turns to Love

 

 “Ya! Jonghun! I challenge you!”

Jonghun, who was about to bite his sandwich glanced up at Hongki for a second and then returned to eating his snack.

“How dare you ignore me, you punk!”

Jonghun stopped eating and stood up.

“Hongki,” he started. “What is it this time?”

Hongki lifted his chin.

“The exams start next week right?”

Jonghun nodded.

“Then,” Hongki smirked. “I challenge you! The one who gets higher grade wins!”

Jonghun nodded again. “Yes, of course. But what happens to the loser?”

“About that…” Hongki didn’t give much attention to this. I have to think of a good punishment… “Ah! The loser will be a slave for a week!”

Jonghun’s eyebrows rose. “Well, Hongki, I have a question.”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Are you ready to be a slave?”

 

****

“Hongki hyung, dinner is ready,” Jaejin called for the third time and still got no response. “Aish! Hyung! You have to eat!”

Jaejin went to Hongki’s room to see what his hyung is doing. He knocked on the door when he reached it.

“Hyung, open this door.”

No response.

“Alright.”

Jaejin turned the knob and found it unlocked so he peeped his head inside. He laughed when he saw Hongki. His hyung is wearing thick glasses and ponytails. There are tons of books in front of him too.

“Hyung, you look ugly. Wait here okay? I am going to get my camera. Girls are going to dislike you for this. Haha!”

“Aigoo! Why are you so loud?! Shut up okay? I need to beat Jonghun!”

Jaejin stopped laughing. He went to sit beside Hongki on the floor.

“Hyung, what is with this obsession on beating Jonghun-ssi?”

“Ya! Did you have amnesia? Don’t you remember those scoffing I received from him? He called me a weakling with no future! How dare he? My nickname is Hongstar! I am born to be a star and that Jonghun called me a weakling. I will show him who is weak. Haha. I’ll prove that I am better than him!”

Jaejin sighed. He stood up and went outside. He closed Hongki’s door behind him.

“Hongki-ah, why do feel obligated in proving yourself to him?”

****

“Excuse me! Give way!” Hongki shouted while making his way through the results board.

“Hongstar!” Shinhye called him from behind.

Hongki turned around to greet his friend.

“Annyeong, Shinhye! Have you seen the test results?”

Shinhye smiled.

“Ye, Hongstar!”

“Why do you keep calling me Hongstar now?”

“Because—“

“Because you won, hyung! Yey!” Jaejin congratulated him.

“Now, Jaejin, why do you have to cut my sen—“

“Really?” Hongki’s eyes widened in disbelief then turned to the results.

“That’s right. Cut my sentences… you always do. Both of you…” Shinhye ranted but Hongki barely heard her.

“Wow,” he whispered to himself. “I won!” He turned to his friends. “I won! Shinhye I won!”

Shinhye stopped her antics and smiled widely. “Ye!”

Hongki turned to Jaejin.

“Jaejin-ah! I won!”

Jaejin rolled his eyes.

“I know. I’m the one who told you, remember?”

Hongki ignored Jaejin’s sarcastic reply and grinned happily.

“Now… where is that Jonghun?”

 

 

 

 

 

Hongki’s POV

My happiness earlier is starting to wear off. It’s lunch time already and yet I can’t find Jonghun. Where is that guy? I looked around for almost an hour now because I’m really excited to punish him. Hahaha.

I wonder where he is. Maybe he’s hiding. I scoffed. How brave.

I almost gave up searching for him when I remembered that he usually hangs at the rooftop.

When I reached the rooftop, there he is. Sleeping.

I walked towards him. I intended to shout at him and proudly tell him I won but when I reached his side, I suddenly stopped in my tracks.

He’s really handsome.

Jonghun looks so good while sleeping. Maybe because his eyes are closed meaning they don’t have that arrogant look in them. He looks like an angel. His high nose really is his best asset. And his lips—

What the hell am I doing?! Aish!

“Ya! Jonghun wake up, you lazy ! That’s why you got a lower score than me. You still haven’t changed.”

Jonghun who was sleeping just a moment ago is now fully awake. I saw how startled he is because of my loud voice. His dark eyes darted towards me. They are spitting fire.

“Why do have to wake me that way?! I thought there was an emergency! Geez.”

He looks pissed but I don’t care.

“It’s an emergency for you,” I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked at him arrogantly. “I won.”

He smirked.

“I know.”

“Wha-! And you have the gall to smirk at me? Wow. You’re really impossible. You should beg for mercy because I am going to make your life a living hell, hah.”

I thought I saw his eyes soften but when I looked at them again it’s gone.

“Hongki, you already did.”

 

 

A/N

I am very sorry if the chapters are short. I'll update longer chapters next time. :)