Challenge

When Rivalry Turns to Love

"He's really beautiful..."

"I know!"

"If I became his girlfriend, I'll treat the whole campus!"

 

Hong Ki rolled his eyes. "I came here to eat quietly and instead I get to listen to their stupid giggling," he muttered to himself.

"You know Hyung, if you don't want me to hear whatever you are saying, don't say them, okay? So stop muttering. It makes you look crazier."

Hong Ki glared at his best friend.

"Shut up, Jae Jin."

Jae Jin grinned at him.

"Hyung... if looks could kill, Jonghun will be lying on the floor, dead. But since it doesn't, will you quit looking at him with evil eye?"

"Jae Jin, if looks could kill, I'll kill you first." 

"Ouch, hyung. But really, stop it. He's done nothing to you. Well except for the fact that he put chili in your sandwich when you were in first grade. Or when he put lego inside your shoes back in second grade. Or when he painted your locker pink which caused everyone to think you're gay. Or when..."

Jae Jin stopped talking when Hong Ki aimed his fist at him.

"Okay, I said nothing," the younger man raised his palms indicating surrender.

"I'll get you for that later," Hong Ki warned. "I really don't understand why nearly 100% of this school's female population is in love with Choi Jonghun. I mean are they blind to other men here?"

"And by that you mean yourself right?"

Hongki smiled. "Maybe. I'm handsomer than him so I should be the ulzzang. Can't they see this face?"

"Hongki-ah, stop daydreaming."

Hongki and Jaejin turned to look at the speaker.

 

 

 

"Shin Hye!!"

"Annyeong!"

Hongki smiled at the newcomer. Aside from Jaejin, Shinhye is his bestfriend.

"Ah, Shinhye, I'm just stating facts."

"Hongki, when are you two going to stop? You and Jonghun. Everything is a contest. 'Who can score better in a LAN game? Who can read a thousand-page book? Who can eat the chili? What's next Hongki-ah? Who farts the loudest? Gah."

"Hey, I like the last one!"

Shinhye punched his arms.

"Ah! That hurt!"

"Stop kidding around! Anyway when it comes to looks, he looks way better than you."

Hongki's eyes widened.

"Not you too! Gosh! You're just like the rest of them."

"Why not? Jonghun is an ulzzang."

Hongki grunted. "One day you'll come running to us, crying, because of your fantasies." 

Shinhye winked at him.

"Don't worry Hongki-ah. I'm not that crazy to fall for him. He has a trail of broken hearts after him."

"Good."

"Anyway, don't you two have class?"

"It's healthy to ditch class sometimes," Jaejin answered.

Shinhye rolled her eyes and turned her attention to Jaejin. "Exams are next week and you stil think it's good to ditch classes? Let's see if your grades turn out healthy after doi--" 

Shinhye stopped middle sentence when she saw Jaejin's eyes widen.

"What?" she asked?

"Hyung..." Shin Hye turned to look at where Hongki is sitting. Correction. To where he was seated. Hongki is now walking towards Jonghun.

Shinhye groaned. "Pabo! What is he up to now?"

Jaejin shrugged. "Whenever something pops into his mind he do them instantly."

"And now? What popped into that stupid man's brain? Or does he have any?"

Shinhye and Jaejin stiffen when they heared Hongki's loud voice.

"Ya! Jonghun! I challenge you!"