Chapter 9

Andante
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.” ― Arthur O'Shaughnessy, Poems of Arthur O'Shaughnessy.

----------

 

 “I see someone’s in a bad mood today,” Yuri nudged Sooyoung teasingly, and when the latter didn’t reply, she continued, “Look, Choi Sooyoung. It’s okay for a couple to have…”

Before Yuri could continue with whatever she wanted to say, Sooyoung shot her a glare, “Quit it, Yul.”

“Whaaat?” Yuri gave her a disbelief look, “I was just telling you that a couple…”

Sooyoung let out a long sigh, “Okay. Let me get this straight. First, what couple? And second, to have what? It’s okay to have what? You’re being too delusional, Yul.”

Yuri rolled her eyes, “Fangirls are always delusional.”

“And you are my fangirl, thank you very much.” Sooyoung put on a satisfied look on her face and started to munch her cheesecake.

“I ship you with that piano boy, like seriously, Choi. I-ship-you-hard-with-him,” Yuri’s eyes went round when she nodded excitedly.

“Whoa, whoa, what’s with this ship thingy? Do you think I’m some kind of a boat?” Sooyoung finally giggled upon hearing Yuri’s words, “Ship?”

Yuri pouted, “The phrase is always used when you’re saying you like someone to be with someone else… Well, to be involved… like, romantically,” Yuri wriggled her eyebrows, “Like, oh, I ship Choi Sooyoung and Luhan! They look perfect together! I hope they would date and get married and have beautiful babies!” She laughed.

Sooyoung’s face turned red, “That’s not going to happen.”

“Says who?” Yuri smirked devilishly.

“Says me,” Sooyoung retorted.

“And since when you are the Goddess of Amourrr?” Yuri raised her eyebrows and Sooyoung sighed.

“Yul, if this is about the one-month-free-lunch you’re talking about…” Sooyoung started.

Yuri raised her hand in defense, “I never mentioned it! But… it does sound tempting… somehow…” Yuri seemed lost in her mind, “But I do think that you guys look cute together.” Yuri grinned, “So what happened yesterday anyway?”

Sooyoung sighed again and told Yuri the whole story; Yuri giggled the whole time. When Sooyoung finished her story dramatically, she looked at Yuri with a painful expression on her face, “My height and my weight, Yul! What is wrong with him?”

Yuri sighed, “You, my friend, are totally blind.”

Sooyoung blinked her eyes rapidly due to an unexpected answer, “Wh… How…”

Yuri shook her head with a dramatic expression on her face and continued, “Can’t you see that he was just plain embarrassed over what just happened between you guys?”

“What… Why should he…”

“What he was saying was… Not from his heart. I’m sure.” Yuri acted like Miss-Know-It-All and gave Sooyoung a knowing smile.

“How can you be so sure?” Sooyoung carefully asked her best friend, her cheesecake was forgotten.

Yuri grinned smugly, “I just know, Choi Sooyoung. I told you I have this super duper ultra effective love radar.”

“Heol,” Sooyoung answered and wrinkled her nose, tried to hide her embarrassment, does he really like me? And her face turned even redder than before. When her mind was working, she accidentally took a glimpse at her wristwatch and gasped, “It’s 5 minutes to the practice! We have to move fast! Otherwise Hongki’s going to slaughter us!”

Yuri faked a yawn, “I hate it when the blond guy orders us on what to do.”

----------

 

Sooyoung and Yuri arrived at the practice location, which was the class that they always used for orchestral class, just in time, well, they half-ran when they headed there. In front of the door there stood Hongki, frowning heavily, but he brightened after seeing them.

“Kwon Yuri!” He half-squealed when he saw them, “And…” he coughed, “Hello, Choi Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung had this urge to laugh but she tried to calm herself, “Hello, Lee Hongki. I see that you’re pretty excited seeing our Kwon Yuri here.” She threw a mischievous look to Yuri, whose face turned pale in horror.

“Sooyoung!” Yuri whispered and pinched Sooyoung’s hand, “Stop it!”

“Yuri here is also so very excited for our practice today,” Sooyoung continued, still ignoring Yuri’s warning glare and whispers, “Right, Kwon Yuri?” Sooyoung faced Yuri and faked a sweet smile. Yuri didn’t answer, her nostrils went wide.

Hongki grinned upon hearing it, “I can’t wait for today’s practice too! I can meet you, Yu… I meant,” he coughed, “I can meet both of you… Yuri… who is very pretty… no, I meant… good… in music… Clarinet…” He laughed nervously while Yuri was putting a disgusted expression on her face.

Sooyoung couldn’t hold it any longer. Thinking that it would offend Hongki if she laughed her off in front of him, Sooyoung decided to get in to the practice room hurriedly and left Yuri with Hongki at the front door. After she got in and the door was securely closed, Sooyoung laughed loudly while clutching onto her stomach.

“Got you, Kwon Yuri,” She laughed while wiping her tears, which were formed due to excessive laughter, “Finally you met your secret admirer.”

Still laughing, Sooyoung walked to the viola section inside the room. No, she didn’t pay much attention to where she was walking. And yes, she accidentally hit someone, again. And that someone held her wrist, again, to prevent her from falling. Sounded pretty much like a déjà vu, right?

“Be careful, watch where you’re going.”

“I’m so…” Sooyoung raised her head, only to meet Luhan’s face, “…rry,” she continued.

“No prob,” he answered awkwardly. Sooyoung quickly shoved her hand from his hold and started to walk away.

“Ch… Choi Sooyoung, wait.”

Sooyoung sighed in annoyance and turned her body to face him again, “What?”

“Can I talk to you for a second?” He asked her.

Sooyoung snorted, “If it’s really for a second…”

“Five minutes, then,” He grinned sheepishly, “Five minutes?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter