Chapter 3

Andante
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Music is the great uniter. An incredible force. Something that people who differ on everything and anything else can have in common.” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

----------

 

Sooyoung was munching on her fourth chocolate pudding in the cafeteria alone when she felt someone tapped her back. She turned around and saw a frowning Luhan, “Mister Oh told me to tell you that your piano class starts at 4 PM today, room 503, don’t forget,” He said quickly.

Sooyoung was dumbfounded for a moment, why is this jerk telling me about my class? …when suddenly realization hit her, he’s a piano student! Sooyoung quickly gained her composures and cleared , “Oh, okay, Luhanney.” She said, mocking him, and drifted her attention back to her chocolate pudding.

Luhan smirked and took the seat beside her, “So, thinking about learning piano now, eh, Choi? Why don’t you study your viola better than study other musical instruments? You’re not that great in viola anyway.”

Sooyoung felt her face heated, she turned back and faced him again “Say that again.” She tried her best not to scream at him, because the cafeteria was very crowded and she didn’t want to create a fuss.

Luhan’s smirk was getting wider, “I said, your viola play is just so-so, well, bad actually. Better study hard if you want to master piano,” He juxtaposed his face with hers, “But I don’t know… with a brain like yours…” he whispered.

Sooyoung felt her face reddened and when she was ready to explode, the boy stood up, “Well, just want to tell you that. Don’t forget, 4 PM, 503.” He walked away, leaving an angered Sooyoung behind.

“One for Luhan,” he mumbled and smirked devilishly.

Sooyoung tightened her fists upon seeing the boy’s back profile, “S…snobbish j…jerk…” She felt her anger almost exploded up to the point she stuttered and angry tears were threatening to spill. There, her mood was definitely ruined. She turned back facing the table and saw her half-eaten chocolate pudding. Tasty, she thought, and she decided to eat her pudding again. She smiled when she felt the chocolate melted inside , “Thank God this pudding is here,” She mumbled, full, “Otherwise I’ll chase and strangle that stupid, snobbish, a…”

“Whoa, whoa, Soo, who do you talking too?” Yuri just arrived and seated herself in front of Sooyoung, she sighed heavily, “Miss Cho definitely wants to kill me. I have to master three clarinet concertos by next week! Next week!” She groaned, “Maybe I’ll quit school if I don’t have this piano class with Mister Oh.”

 Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “You always say that. Miss Cho is mean, Miss Cho is cruel, blah blah blah, but you enjoy her class, don’t you?”

Yuri sighed again, “She’s an awesome clarinetist, Choi. You know how much I love clarinets, right…”

Sooyoung smiled encouragingly, “I know you can nail it, those clarinet concertos. You’re also an awesome clarinetist, Yul.”

Yuri smiled weakly, “Thanks, Choi. Hey, our piano class is about to start in 30 minutes right?” She checked her wristwatch. Yuri opened her bag and searched for something vigorously. “What are you…” Sooyoung left her sentence undone when Yuri finally squealed happily and grabbed a small mirror from her bag.

Sooyoung was flabbergasted when she saw Yuri was fixing her makeup, “Oh my God, thank God I decided to look into the mirror first before meeting him. Oh I look awful!” Yuri applied some makeup like a pro and she done it in no time. Yuri adored her reflection in the mirror, pouting her lips and puffing her cheeks, “Now I look pretty. Sooyoungie! Tell me how I look!”

“Pretty.” Sooyoung said, still awed at her friend’s skillful hand.

Yuri smiled in satisfactory and stood up, “Now, let’s go! We can’t be late for our first class!”

“But Kwon!” Sooyoung rolled her eyes, “We still have, like, 20 minutes?!”

“It’s okay! We can just wait in front of the class! Now come on!” With that, Yuri dragged Sooyoung and they headed to their class.

“Um…” Yuri stopped suddenly, “But I don’t know the class!” She smiled sheepishly, “Do you know which class that we’re going to use, Soo?”

Sooyoung rolled her eyes and sighed, “It’s room 503, Yul.”

“You sure? You’re not lying to me, right? How do you know?” Yuri threw suspicious glares at her friend.

Sooyoung frowned, “That Chinese boy told me earlier when I was in the cafeteria. Just before you came.”

“Luhanney?” Yuri asked, “Wow, no wonder you were in such bad mood when I got there. Now, room 503! Here we come!” Yuri grabbed Sooyoung’s wrist and dragged her again, ignoring the protesting look on Sooyoung’s face.

They finally arrived in front of the class. Yuri dared to peek through a small window by the door and she squealed. Sooyoung hurriedly muffled with her palm, “Shhh!”

Yuri nodded frantically and pulled Sooyoung’s hand from , “Sorry,” she whispered, “Hey Soo, Mister Oh is still teaching your beloved friend.”

“Who?” Sooyoung asked and she also peeked inside the class.

Yuri grinned, “Luhanney,” and she laughed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter