YoonYul give your heart a break pt. 2

Songs [HIATUS]

YURI'S P.O.V.

Today is my 3 year anniversary with Yoona!!! I was so excited that I kept jumping in my seat causing my friend Sooyoung to punch my arm as a sign for me to calm down. With each year that has passed me and Yoona have celebrated like a couple would. It all started the first year anniversary. OH!! And I forgot to mention, want to know the date?!? FEBRUARY 14!!!! Yeah, that's right! We met on valentines day. This makes everything so much better!! 

 

Flashback ( the first year they celebrated Valentines day together a.k.a their best friend anniversary )

i looked at my phone waiting for Hara to call me. Today is valentines day and she was supposed to hang out with me. I got tired of waiting for her so I decided to walk around the campus. While walking I stopped dead in my tracks when I found Hara kissing another girl. I felt a lone tear travel to the bottom of my face. After witnessing the kiss I ran away. 

Why do I always end up with those ing heartless players?!?! First Jessica, now Hara. I might as well be single for the rest of my life. I was running blindly until I tripped on someone's feat. I looked to my side on to see Yoona sitting on the trunk of the tree. She hurriedly made her way towards me with a concerned face. I rubbed my injured areas as she took one of my hands.

"Yuri, I'm so sorry... Are you okay?!? Wait.... Why are you crying?"  she pulled me into one of her famous hugs. I felt so warm and comfortable, I never wanted to let go. I inhaled her sweet vanilla scent which I loved. I let tears flow out of my eyes as I cried uncontrollably in her arms. She rocked our bodies back and forth humming a sweet melody.

"Y-Yoona... Am I-I a b-bad person t-to be arou-ound? W-why d-don't people st-stay with me? W-why are t-they so cruel? W-what have I d-done?" I questioned her. She pulled me out of her embrace, holding me by my shoulders; looking at me with a serious face. She used her thumbs to wipe away the tears on my face.

"Yuri, you aren't a bad person to be around. People don't stay with you because they are stupid morons that fail to see the breathtaking person you are. Why are they cruel?.... Well I don't know the answer to that one.. Sorry.. Don't say anything like that Yuri. You aren't the one to blame. Don't burden yourself with those thoughts. You haven't done anything wrong. In fact, you do everything right. You're perfect and those dumb s who don't realize this are not worthy of you." 

I sniffled at her response. Yoona has always been good with her words. Sure she's a choding but she knows when to be serious. I nodded my head and cuddled back into her arms. She wrapped her arms around me waiste in a protective manner.

"Yuri?...."

"Mhm.."

"Do you rememeber what day it is?"  I thought long and hard but shook my head when I realized that I don't know what today is. Yoona sighed loudly much to my discontent. 

"Yuri... I know this may not seem like much to you, but it means the world to me... Today marks a year since we've know each other. I guess you can say its our anniversary." I yanked my body away from Yoona's and saw that she was pouting. I noticed the sadness in her tone and I felt my heart ripping to shreads. 

"I ... I'm sorry for not remembering Yoona.... " goodness I feel like ! How can I forget?!? It was the best day of my life! She shook away her pouting face and replaced it with a small smile.

"It's okay... You still have the rest of this day to make it up to me.... Now ... Wipe that face of yours.. Crying definitely doesn't suit you."   I laughed while slapping her shoulder. This kid is really something else. We both got up and walked hand-in-hand to the gates of the school. Turning the corner I saw Hara. Her face was fuming red, I knew she was angry seeing me with Yoona. They never did get along.

" what the hell is SHE doing here baby? Today is our day.." Hara mumbled while killing Yoona with a death glare; which Yoona shrugged off, even daring to glare back. I scoffed and laughed in her face, not showing that just moments ago I was so broken by her.

"Me and you?!? OUR day?!? HAHAHAHA!!! Yoona, can you believe this ?! She actually thinks that SHE and I have something. As if I'd EVER stoop to your level. You were never my type Hara, needless to say, I loathe you. Everything about you.... I'd hate to keep Yoona waiting, so I'm going to get going now." I spat while taking Yoona's hand in mine.

I saw Hara's jaw drop. I started laughing out loud once again in a mocking way; letting Hara know that I wasn't hers anymore. Then I started walking with Yoona. Once we were far enough Yoona turned and looked at me while cracking up; showing her alligator laugh which I find irresistibly cute and charming. She softly slapped my bicep.

"Did you see her face?!? Gosh that was priceless!! Damn Yuri, I never thought you'd have that hidden in you." she continued laughing. I chuckled a bit.

"It was, wasn't it? ... To be honest, I feel much better now." I smiled looking at our intertwined hands. Everyday I thank God for bringing Yoona into my life. I love her.... I really do love her.

"Good, I don't want y feeling bad over a worthless like Hara. She never deserved you. You're a one in a million and you should be treated like one, as a priority, not just some option. I mean I would never do anything so stupid as to cheat on you. You're perfection.. Why throw away perfection for momentary trash?" I blushed at her comments. I know she means it in the nicest of ways. I felt butterflies in my tummy .

"You're the best choice for a girlfriend. You know how to treat the girls. Whoever ends up with you is going to be the luckiest girl in the world. I envy her already kekeke~."  we both slightly giggle. She stopped from her spot and wouldn't budge when I pulled her to keep walking. I looked back at her and she seemed to be in a daze. I look in the direction in which she was staring to. That's when I saw a huge clown.

"What's wrong Yoona? Do you not like clowns? " her eyes became wider as she shook her head vigorously. I smiled at her cuteness. I grabbed her hand even tighter and dragged her in the direction of the clown. I felt her pulling back on my arm while she tried to wiggle herself out of my grasp. "Calm down Yoona, I'll protect you from that clown." I gave her my warm smile, I felt her relax just a bit but her body was still tense.

We finally reached the clown. I felt Yoona trembling behind me; clinging onto my back. I found her fear so adorable, I wouldn't expect that from such a brave woman like her. The clown had its back to us, I took this to my advantage and kicked him down. Yoona looked at me with wide eyes and I giggled."WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR!?!?" she yelled , which made me laugh even more. "Face your fears Yoona." I kicked the clown once again in the stomach as a sign of encouragement to her. She looked at me, then at the clown, then back to me, then she giggled. (A/N its one of those life sized toy clowns . Not a human.. Though that would be fun to see)

Yoona's face grew a sudden smirk as she kicked the clown repeatedly. We both laughed loudly until we saw the owner of the store run out with a broom in her hands. Me and yoona looked at each other in the face. We ran away from the store hand in hand.

"See yoona? Clowns aren't that bad." I smiled through my pants for air. On the other hand, yoona was perfectly fine, she didn't even break a sweat. She looked down on me and wiped my sweat with her sweater. I blushed when I realized how close we were. "Thanks for helping me out with my phobia.." she smiled weakly at me and I pulled her into a hug.

"Anything for my prince" she pulled away from the hug and chuckled. We kept walking, hand-in-hand until we reached the park where we found a bench to sit on. After a while of random conversations, laughs, and cuddling, Yoona stood up and told me to wait for a bit. 

I watched her disappear until the further end of the park. I sat in silence and loneliness until I finally saw her running back to me with something behind her back.

I chuckled seeing my choding. 

"closed your eyes!"

I did as she asked, closing them shut. I heard a bit of ruffling and then I felt a slight wind in front of my face. I inhaled and when I did, I could smell the distinct smell of..

"You can open your eyes now!"

I opened my eyes, confirming that the smell was indeed roses. I smiled and took the bouquette of roses from Yoona and hugged them. 

"These are beautiful Yoona!! But... I didn't get you anything..." 

"Keke, babo, I didn't get you them so I could get something in return, I'm just showing you my love for you! You're my best friend!"

The use of the word "friend" in Yoona's sentence somehow upset me but I shrugged it off.

After that little adorable moment, Yoona ended up walking me all the way to my front steps and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. I could only stand there, dumbfounded, trying to figure out a reason as to why I was feeling all giddy with her sudden action .

End of flashback

Yoona had told me to meet her up in her last course because she had to stay after school a bit due to her helping out a teacher. I calmly walked to the building in which it was located in, trying to purposely avoid all the lovey dovey couples.

I'll admit, I'm jealous when it comes to this, I just want a girl who treats me right, but why do I only date all the jerks?! I keep walking until I reached the room, but when I peaked in the room, i noticed that the lights were off so I knocked on the door.

I didn't get an answer so I just twisted the knob, letting myself enter the room. I was scanning the room when I suddenly came to a halt.

I stood there with my jaw hung low. I don't know how to react. A desk was filled with flowers, chocolates, a teddy bear in my chair, and a velvet box. I turned around to see Yoona smiling brightly at me; urging me to go ahead. There was a card next to velvet box. I picked it up and began to read it out loud, so that Yoona can see that I receive the message.

"One year ago I met a sleeping beauty: sleeping on the bathroom floor. I found her shivering so I wrapped her in my jacket and my arms. I stayed with her through her slumber until she woke up. I didn't know exactly how she would be.... Now I know exactly how she is. Everything about her, I have learned over a long period of time. During our friendship I have not regretted a single thing... Except one thing.... And that is ... Staying quiet this whole time and watching you get hurt by women that don't treat you fairly.. At first I thought I felt protective over you because you were my closest friend , but I was wrong... It's because I, Im Yoona, love you. And I've been dying to ask you a very important question...turn around Yul.."

Once I turned around, I saw Yoona, on one knee with a nervous expression on her face. I couldn't believe all of this was happening. My heart was pounding so loud and fast, I could've sworn that it would've torn out of my chest. I covered my mouth with both of my hands. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

"Will you been mine Yuri? Let me be the one who proves you wrong, the one who will only make you cry tears of joy, the one who will hold your hand proudly, the one who will not tolerate anything but a beautiful smile on your face... Let me be the one to give your heart a break. Let me be the one who will stand at the end of the aisle to say "I do".. Let me be your prince because every princess deserves a happy ever after."

There was a slight pause, but I couldn't dare to speak up, I still can't believe that all of this is happening. Yoona slightly furrowed her eyebrows, then went all the way to the back of the room, where the closet was. I heard some loud movements, until she finally came out with a guitar in her hands.

"I-I wrote a song... For you Yuri... That basically explains what I feel for you..." (lets just pretend she wrote the song. Pwease?!? (/.\)) 

She gently sat down on the teachers desk, and placed huge guitar in a ready position. She cleared and I can't help but to admire her beauty. She looked so perfect, like she was meant to do this for me .

"ahem...
The day I first met you
You told me you'd never fall in love
But now that I get you
I know fear is what it really was

Now here we are,
So close yet so far.
Haven't I passed the test?
When will you realize,
Baby, I'm not like the rest?

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to wait
So let me give your heart a break, give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
There's just so much you can take
Give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
Oh yeah, yeah

On Sunday you went home alone
There were tears in your eyes
I called your cell phone, my love
But you did not reply

The world is ours. If we want it,
We can take it if you just take my hand.
There's no turning back now.
Baby, try to understand

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to wait
So let me give your heart a break, give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
There's just so much you can take
Give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
Oh yeah, yeah

When your lips are on my lips
Then our hearts beat as one
But you slip out of my fingertips
Every time you run, whoa-oh-whoa-oh-oh

Don't wanna break your heart
Wanna give your heart a break
I know you're scared it's wrong
Like you might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to wait
So let me give your heart a break

'Cause you've been hurt before
I can see it in your eyes
You try to smile it away, some things you can't disguise
Don't wanna break your heart
Maybe, I can ease the ache, the ache
So let me give your heart a break, give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
There's just so much you can take
Give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
Oh yeah, yeah

The day I first met you
You told me you'd never fall in love..."

Tears rushed out of my face as I pounced on top of Yoona. I kissed her lips repeatedly, answering the question she asked prior to the song. This has got to be the best day of my life right now... 

I can't believe I've been so blind all along, I was trying to find someone to love me when I had her right in front of me.

Yoona, you're going to be the one who gives my heart a break.