Blind Girl Problems

See You Never

"Is that Lee Joon?" Jonghyun asked, waving at the older man in the diner.

"He's with a girl!" Key gasped, making a small heart with his hands and wiggling his eyebrows at the man.

"If he's with a girl then they're probably on a date, leave them be!" Min-ai scolded, smacking Key's arm.

"Aish! Clementine stop smacking me~~!" he whined, giving her a pout.

"YA! Stop calling me Clementine!" she barked, smacking him again as they continued walking.

School had started up again and, by means unknown to her, Min-ai had survived the first week. The people in her class didn't bother her too much, and after being asked by her homeroom teacher, one of the girls became her eyes, helping her walk around school and type down notes on her laptop.

As a "reward" for her survival, Key had decided to drag her out for a shopping spree, set on getting her some new clothes and some trinkets if she so wished. A couple of the others had decided to come along just to make sure that the two didn't cause a riot with one of their "newly-wed spats" as they were now called.

"Shopping, shopping, shopping, shopping, shopping~" Key sang.

Min-ai sighed as the diva tugged her along by the hand through the mall.

"Buuuummmmiiiiiiiieee~~" Min-ai whined. "I just want to go home and sleeeeeeeeeeeep~!"

"No! You and I are going to find you something nice to wear instead of the dumpy hand-me-downs that you insist on wearing around the dorm," Key huffed, pulling her into a clothing store.

"Jonghyun save meeee~" she begged, reaching back for him.

Said man simply chuckled and followed after the duo, Taemin right behind him.

Key kept a firm hold on Min-ai's hand, ensuring the girl didn't wander away from him as he shuffled through the clothing racks.

"Is your favourite colour still green?" he asked, picking up a light green shirt.

"I don't know, you apparently know me like the back of your hand; is it?" she sighed, already bored.

Key rolled his eyes and held the article up to her to see if it would suit her. "Try this on," he claimed putting the shirt in her hand.

Min-ai groaned as he lead her over to one of the dressing rooms. She entered and began the task of figuring out what was the front, where her head went, and where her arms were supposed to go. She managed to put it on and slowly stepped out from the change room.

"Awww, Minmin green is definitely still your colour~!" Key cooed, fixing it a little.

The girl sighed and let him fuss over her, then pile more clothes onto her arms, spin her around and tell her to change again.

After trying on nearly the whole store and Key buying a quarter of it, he began dragging her around to another one, forcing Jonghyun and Taemin to carry the bags.

"Find a fluorescent yellow shirt in his size," she whispered to the two bystanders. "And make sure you have a camera on standby."

The two snickered and nodded, Min-ai listening to their footsteps run in the opposite direction.

"Oooo, Minmin has to try this on next~!" Key cooed, holding the article up.

Min-ai sighed and reached her hand out as Key placed it there. Her eyebrow rose at the material and she gently traced her fingers along the hem.

"Key…. this is a dress…"

"Yeah, and I bet you'll look lovely in it!" he cheered.

"Key I don't wear dresses-"

"Oh stop! That was middle school, nobody's going to trip to see your unmentionables!" Key scolded, leading her over to the change rooms.

Min-ai's face flushed scarlet at the memory both form embarrassment and slight happiness. Although the boy "tripping" and getting a good view up the dress she had decided to wear that day had slightly traumatized her to the point where she had refused to wear a dress ever again, it was also the day that she met Kim Kibum, the boy standing up to the ert and his friends for her while she cried alone in the bathroom.

Min-ai sighed and began undressing, figuring Key would hound her about wearing it until she gave in anyways. She slipped the dress on and gently ran her hand down the material. It was silky to the touch and had some embroidery down the side and back. The length was a little disconcerting; the hem of the dress only reaching her knees and was very loose, images from middle school popping back into her head.

Not giving herself a chance to chicken out, she carefully stepped out of the dressing room.

"Hey Min-ai! We found Key's shir-whoa…"

The girl froze when Jonghyun stopped talking abruptly.

"Does it look that bad?" she chuckled, smoothing the material down slightly in embarrassment.

"Min-ai… you look…."

"Stunning," Key finished for the maknae, a dazed smile on his face. "Min-ai… that dress was made for you~!"

Min-ai's face went pink at the compliment and fiddled with the hem of the dress nervously.

"Alright! Go change back! That is definitely a keeper!" Key cheered, swinging her around so she would go back to the change rooms.

Min-ai laughed but followed his orders, changing back into her street clothes, or hobo clothes as Key called them. She exited the change rooms and handed the dress to Key, the boy rushing over to the cash register.

"You said you got the shirt?" she asked when she heard the other two walk up to her.

Jonghyun snickered and gently placed the article in her hands, Min-ai smiling when she realized the material was slightly scratchy.

"Buuummmmiiiieeee~! I'll keep shopping with you if you put this oooonnn~!" she sang, Taemin leading her over to the cashier.

"YA! I am not wearing that horrendous thing!" Key barked.

"Then Jonghyun and Taemin are taking me home!" she barked back.

"No~~! You're supposed to stay out with me~~!" Key whined, clutching onto the girl's sleeve.

"If you want me to stay then you have to wear the shirt!" Min-ai huffed, not fazed by his whining.

"It's bright yellow and scratchy!!"

"That's so you'll be uncomfortable as I am!!"

"Now now you two, I think it's time to stop fighting, kiss and make-up."

"JONGHYUN!!!!"

-=-=-=-=-=-

"Hey guys! How was the shoppi-"

Minho stopped midsentence when he saw what Key was wearing. After a couple seconds of silence, the taller boy burst out laughing, nearly falling to the floor.

"Ya! Choi Minho! You don't need to rub it in!!" Key barked, scratching at the shirt. He turned to the girl who was holding his hand with a triumphant smirk. "Min-aaaaaiiii!"

"Yes Buumie you can take the shirt off now," Min-ai laughed, patting his shoulder.

The boy cheered and instantly ran over to their room, then sped into the bathroom, the water running only a couple seconds later.

"He's so dramatic," Min-ai laughed, carefully walking her path to the couch and gently sitting on it.

"That's Key for you," Jonghyun laughed, placing the shopping bags on the ground by the door. "Don't go near the door until Key helps sort through all of these," he added with a chuckle, remembering the girl's first rule.

Min-ai nodded and shifted back into the couch, closing her eyes in relaxation as the boys meandered about and did their own thing. After a couple minutes, Min-ai's forehead crinkled in thought. She sighed and stood from the couch managed to find another book she had bought and walked into their bedroom.

Key came out of the bathroom, still toweling off his hair and holding the yellow shirt up with him thumb and index finger as if it contained a deadly disease. He was about to toss it in the garbage, but sighed and ended up just throwing it over the back of the couch. When he did a quick scan of the floor his eyebrow raised.

"Have you guys seen Min-ai?" Key asked, poking his head into the kitchen.

"Did you try the bedroom?" Onew asked.

"Yeah, She tends to go in there when we're not," Jonghyun added.

Key nodded and moved over to their bedroom. Opening the door, he saw no sign of her and was about to close the door until he saw toes at the edge of his bed. He stepped forward and stood on his toes to see Min-ai was running her fingers across one of her books, a tired look on her face.

"Whatchya reading?"

Min-ai jumped and turned her head slightly. "You scared the crap out of me!" she scolded.

"Sorry," he laughed, climbing up to his bed. "So what are you reading?"

Min-ai closed the book and held it above her head for him to take. He did so and looked at the cover.

"How Blind People Smile?" he read, raising an eyebrow. "Is this a-" Key paused when he noticed the defeated look on his friend's face.

"Key…. I'm starting… to forget…" she whimpered, curling into a ball.

"Forget what?" he asked.

"What everyone looks like! What everything looks like! I can barely remember what you look like Buumie!" she cried, clutching her head.

Key gave the girl a torn look as her body shivered. He placed the book beside him and reached over to grab the girl's hands. He pulled her into a sitting position and placed her hands on the sides of his neck.

"W-wha-"

"They do this in movies right? The person sees through their hands," he claimed, giving her a stern look. "I will not allow you to forget my beautiful face."

Min-ai couldn't help but laugh as a light pink dusted her cheeks. She kept her eyes straight and gently slid her hands out from under Key's.

She slowly slid her hands up his neck until her thumb touched his jaw. Her index and middle fingers traced his hairline and the hinge of his jaw up to his ears, gently circling the outer rims and coming back to his cheeks. Her hands trailed up the sides of his face, her thumbs skimming by the corner of his eyes as her fingers dipped back into his hairline. Lifting her palms, her fingertips trailed along his hairline, meeting on his forehead. They slowly trailed down his face, tracing his eyebrows, eyes and eyelids, the shape of his nose and his cheeks until they were back on his jaw. Her thumbs ran across his jaw until they met at his chin then slowly raised until they ran over his lips, gently tracing them as well.

Key lifted his hands and held hers still, making her jump as he opened his eyes. He held her thumbs against his lips for a few seconds then pulled away the tiniest bit. "Do you have me memorized now?" he asked with a chuckle.

Min-ai's face went pink and she nodded.

"Good."

He kissed the palms of her hands then pulled her into his lap, Min-ai giving a short squeak of surprise.

"What are you doin-"

"Shush I'm reading to you," he scolded, picking up her book and flipping to the back half which was words instead of brail, and finding the corresponding page that she had been on.

Figuring that the boy wouldn't take no for an answer, she shifted slightly so that her head rested against his collarbone and her legs draped across his thigh.

"The ability of sight is generally taken for granted; you don't realize how much you use it until you no longer have it. Sight, however, is also the one sense that will sometimes lie to you; the mind can play tricks on people; seeing things that are not really there, seeing things the wrong way, so on and so forth.  But when the sense of sight is gone, everyone always assumes that the blind are only that: blind. Although the sense of sight is gone, it is still possible for one to "take in" their surroundings; to "see" it. You must utilize your other senses to do so, and sometimes, the view is even greater than what those with vision can see."

Key shifted his gaze from the book down to the girl lounging in his lap. Her eyes were only partially open and her body stiffened as she held back a yawn.

"Those without sight should know that although it may seem so, your world has not turned dark. Your other senses will lead you through the darkest of tunnels, ones that your eyes cannot help you in. At the end of every tunnel, there is a light, you simply need to hold strong to the courage it takes for you to take that first step towards it."