My Emerald Clementine

See You Never


Min-ai clapped the text book closed and flopped back onto the bed with a groan, Key laughing and flopping back with her.

"Now, how much of that actually stuck in your head?" he asked, giving her an accusing look.

"You don't want to know," she laughed, covering her face with her hands in slight embarrassment.

Key chuckled and sat up on the bed, helping Min-ai get to the ground and then lead her out into the living room as Taemin came back from the lobby.

"Ah, Hyung! Look what we got in the mail!" Taemin called, holding up a bunch of envelopes.

"What are they?" Onew asked, raising an eyebrow at the maknae.

"They're party invitations~!" Key cheered, dashing over and snatching one of the letters from the younger boy and tearing it open.

"Congratulations, for you have been invited to the party of the decade! With TVXQ as your host, we hope that you are able to attend the gathering of the SM artists for the first time in many years-"

"Don't we see everyone for the world tours?" Minho laughed.

Key glared at the boy and continued to read. "Each invitation admits one person only so be sure to keep it safe. RSVP ASAP. Sincerely U-Know, Yunho"

"Wait, does Yunho-hyung know about Min-ai?" Taemin asked, flipping through the envelopes with a confused expression.

"I don't know… why?"

"Well… there are six invitations…"

"YAY! Min-ai can come with us~!" Jonghyun cheered, patting the girl on the shoulders.

"W-wait a minute! It's probably for your manager, not me! I'm not a member of SM Entertainment or even an idol…"

"So? Manager-hyung doesn't need to go and it gives me a reason to drag you out to go shopping again," Key grinned.

"Key just wants a reason to put Min-ai in a dress," Minho teased, shifting his eyes between the two.

"YA I DO NOT!!" Key barked as Min-ai's face went beat red while Onew patted the girl's shoulder with a laugh.

"Ignoring the horrible insinuations, we should go get you something formal and pretty Min-ai~!" Key sang, grabbing the girl by the wrists and pulling her towards the foyer.

"Keeeeeeeey~~! I don't want to go shopping~!" she whined, trying to dig her feet into the ground so he couldn't pull her any farther. "Someone save meee!"

Key simply rolled his eyes and helped Min-ai slip on her shoes before leading her out of the dorm and down to SHINee's van.

-=-=-=-=-=-

"No… no… no… no… no…n-OH!............... no…"

Min-ai sighed as she listened to Key rifle through the dresses, disagreeing with over half of the store already.

"Min-ai none of these dresses fit you in the least!" the boy whined with a pout.

"Maybe that's a sign that I'm not supposed to go to this party with you guys!" she whined back, slumping her shoulders.

"Nonsense! It just means that this store is horrible and we need to go to a different one~♪" Key sang, spinning around and pulling the girl out of the store by the hand.

Going through the mall, Min-ai could feel heated stares directed at her back, most likely from Lockets, but feeling Key's hand squeeze hers in reassurance every now and then quickly made her nerves ease and trust in the boy leading her to her hypothetical doom.

"Do you even know what you're looking for?" Min-ai droned as Key began to rifle through yet another rack of dresses.

"Something with a nice green… maybe like an emerald, you looked really pretty with that emerald necklace you wore at graduation," he replied, not taking his eyes off of the gowns in front of him.

Min-ai's face went pink at finding he remembered such a trivial thing. The emerald necklace had been from her father as a graduation present when she and her classmates left high school. Thinking back, Key had complimented her on it more than once that night, saying it brought out her smile, Min-ai thinking at first she had something like spinach stuck in her teeth and had to run to the bathroom to check.

That had been nearly four years ago, and if Key hadn't mentioned it, Min-ai herself never would have remembered it.

"Is that why you keep insisting that green in my colour?" she snickered.

"Well, that and you just look really cute in green," Key grinned, rejecting another handful of dresses in the rack.

Min-ai rolled her eyes and turned around in attempt to stop him from seeing her pink cheeks, choosing to run her hand along some of the fabrics to try and distract herself.

"Min-ai you're an amazing and gorgeous genius!" Key cheered, dashing over to her and slipping his hand under hers, pulling out one of the dresses. "It's the perfect shade, a decent length, it doesn't show off too much skin- go try it on!"

"W-wait a minute! K-Key!!"

Ignoring her protests, Key lead Min-ai over to the change rooms and pushed her into one of them, putting the dress in her arms then closed the door.

Knowing full well that he wouldn't let her leave until she tried the infernal clothing on, Min-ai began the tedious task of figuring out where she was supposed to put everything.

Undressing then slipping on the dress, the shimmied it around on her hips a little and fixed the strap that wrapped around the back of her neck before knocking on the door and exiting in her bare feet.

"There it's on, can I go home now?" Min-ai pouted when she got out of the change room.

When she didn't get a reply, Min-ai began to panic slightly. Had Key wandered off again? Did he leave her alone in the store? What if-

"Min-ai……"

Jumping slightly at hearing his voice Min-ai turned to his general direction and glared.

"Don't scare me like that you jerk! I thought you'd left me because you were so quiet!" she barked.

Key shook his head to reclaim his thoughts and stepped closer with a broad smile. "Sorry, Min-ai… but you just… that dress… was made for you!" he claimed, fixing the skirt slightly before gently placing his hands on her shoulders. "You look absolutely gorgeous."

Min-ai's face went pink and quickly crossed her arms over her chest with a pout, turning away from him.

"Don't think that flattery will make up for scaring me mister!" she huffed.

Key simply laughed and picked up the tag hanging from the back of the dress, nodding in approval at the price listed.

"Wow, you look great in it and it's not going to make my wallet beg for a faster death," he chuckled. "Alright, you can go change back… and yes we can go home now."

With a gleeful clap, Min-ai found her way back into the dressing room and returned to her normal clothes. Handing Key the dress, he took her hand and brought her over to the counter with him to purchase it. Min-ai should have known better than to have gotten excited that the shopping trip was over.

"Omo!! Oppa!!" the girl squealed, clapping her hands over . "I am your biggest fan! Absolutely! Definitely!!"

As she continued to ramble on about how he was the love of her life, Min-ai sighed, hanging her head in slight aggravation. She understood why idols had fans; every one of them has their own talent, but why did some of the fans think that throwing proclamations of undying love towards their bias was going to make them feel the same way?

"I'm glad you're a fan, it makes me really happy, but we're kind of tired and want to head home…" Key claimed, giving Min-ai's hand an encouraging squeeze.

Min-ai could feel the fan turn to her and give her a glare, but hear her ring through the dress.

Key paid and took the bag, giving another thanks to the fan and gently leading Min-ai out of the store.

"I will forever remain baffled at how you guys handle stuff like that so calmly; I would have just told her to shut her trap and scan the damned dress…" Min-ai droned.

"And that's why I'm the idol and you're not," Key laughed, continuing to lead her along.

-=-=-=-

Min-ai sat at one of the tables of the party, listening to the music play around her and the occasional conversation that would walk past her.

Her and SHINee had arrived at the party about an hour ago, Min-ai naturally clenching onto Key's sleeve so that she didn't shake with nerves. She was going to be the only "commoner" amongst a massive group of idols, and the overwhelming fear of doing something to embarrass herself or the boys had nearly make her want to puke. The introductions had gone alright, Key and Jonghyun apparently making a contest out of how many people they could introduce her to. She'd met or heard of a fair amount of them from shows that Key and the boys had been on, but the moment that Jonghyun introduced her to Donghae from Super Junior; the man having been her bias of the group before SHINee had debuted, she had nearly fainted from happiness, Key naturally yelling at her about how he was supposed to be her bias now.

After meeting everyone, Key had offered to go and get her a drink, sitting her at one of the tables. Naturally, the diva had apparently gotten distracted and was taking longer than it should take an average person to acquire two glasses of punch or whatever was being served.

"I still say you look beautiful."

"Ugh, I wish people would stop saying that," Min-ai muttered, her chin still resting in her palm.

"Why would you want people to stop saying that to you?" Key asked, placing the drinks on the table and leaning on it beside her.

"Because I can't tell if they're being sincere or mocking me! I don't even know what I'm wearing!" she huffed.

Key gave the girl a sympathetic look, wishing there was something he could do. They were at a luxury beach house with lots of people, nice clothes and delicious food, but nothing Min-ai could see-

"Stand up," Key ordered, taking her hand.

"Huh?"

"C'mon Clementine," he laughed, tugging on her wrist.

"Ya! Would you stop calling me Clementine!?" she barked, but stood none the less.

Key simple laughed and lead her to one of the balconies, leading her to the railing. "Close your eyes."

"Why? I can't see it anyways…" she muttered.

"Just humor me would you?" Key sighed.

Min-ai rolled her eyes, but closed them anyways. Key moved so that he was behind her, gently placing his hands on her hips and resting his chin on her shoulder.

"What do you see?"

"Did you seriously just-"

"Pabo! Don't you remember what your book said!" Key snapped, cutting her off.

'Although the sense of sight is gone, it is still possible for one to "take in" their surroundings; to "see" it. You must utilize your other senses to do so, and sometimes, the view is even greater than what those with vision can see.'

Min-ai's cheeks went slightly pink from the memory of her and Key on his bed, but listened to the words.

"There's an ocean," she began, tilting her head slightly to listen to the waves. "There are lots of stars in the sky, and the moon is full; low to the horizon. There's the occasional couple walking down the beach, hand in hand, and there is one little dilapidated sand castle near the shore; the waves keep bringing it back down to the surface of the beach."

"What else?" Key asked, having closed her eyes to try and see what she sees.

"There's… a house… off to the east with flowers in front of it… tulips…" she continued, a small smile spreading on her face.

Key's eyes opened and looked to his left. To his utter astonishment, there was a house on a small hill not too far away from the beach house. Near the house's front, he could make out the distinct shapes of tulips.

"Wow…" he gawked.

"What's wrong?" Min-ai asked, not opening her eyes.

"You saw the house before I did," he laughed, bringing his arms around to hug her middle.

"Wait, there's actually a house?" she asked, sounding astonished and opening her eyes.

Key chuckled and placed his chin back onto her shoulder.

The two stood there for a couple minutes, only the sound of the ocean with them.

"Key?"

The boy opened his eyes and tilted his head slightly to look at her.

"Do you… do you think… anyone will ever… like me?"

"I like you," he claimed, the very question sounding preposterous.

"No I mean……" Min-ai trailed off and a light pink dusted her cheeks.

Key clued in almost instantly and his face also gained a slight pink. "What if someone already does, and you just don't know it yet?"

Min-ai's shoulder's sank slightly and she brought her hands up to grasp her arms. "Then why wouldn't they say anything to me? Do they just think I'm not worth talking to?"

Key's face fell as he watched the girl fight some sort of internal battle. He took her shoulders and turned her so that she was facing him. "Maybe…" he grasped her chin and tilted her head up so that he could see her eyes. "He's just scared… that even though you can't see him… that you won't return his feelings… that you'd turn him down… because you only saw him as a friend… as a caretaker."

Min-ai's eyebrow raised as Key slowly leaned towards her. He gently placed his lips against hers, feeling her flinch but not pull away. The music from the party seemed to fade out as Min-ai's eyes widened, then slowly closed, returning the kiss.

Key brought his hands down to wrap around her waist as she trailed hers up his chest then across his shoulders.

A small crack in the sky made the two separate, but Key didn't take his eyes away from the girl in front of him.

"I love you, Roo Min-ai. Will you be my Emerald Clementine?" he asked, ignoring the people coming out to watch the fireworks.

Not being able to hold back a short laugh, Min-ai lightly smacked his chest, a happy twinkle in her eye.

"Pabo Buumie, you really have to ask?"
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Damn I'm on a roll~! See You Never is oficially done~! It was originally going to be two more chapters long, ending at a nice ten, but I didn't want to drag on and on with fillers and bore my beautiful readers.

Thank you all for reading/subscribing/loving.

Thanks again for all of your support <3