Your are dead meat!

MAID?!? (No way!) - Hiatus

Sorry for the long wait!! Here’s an update. Hope it makes up for the lost time. I know EXO has come back with their new album and their hairstyles have changed but I just wanna keep the same hairstyle as before because it’s a hassle to change everything again. I don’t plan and I don’t have a chapter planned to explain hair differences so...yeah...sorry!!


Tao grew angrier by the second as he stomped his way down to the worker’s resting room. He felt deceived, who wouldn’t at that moment? ‘Jonghyun! Just you wait, you are so dead!’

When the younger arrived in front of the brown wooden door with a golden plate carved with the letters ‘resting room’ elegantly nailed in the middle, he took in a deep breath and exhaled to calm himself down. Then his face completely changed as he turned the handle of the door. Tao’s face flushed a bright red as he barged into the room, slamming the door to the side in the process screaming, “JONGHYUN!”

The action successful gathered everyone’s attention as all pairs of eyes landed on the sharp eyed male in a maid costume yelling loudly. The room was filled with butlers, maids (both male and females) and other workers scattered about the vast area, either conversing or resting on provided couches and seats in the room. Some had their eyebrows perked in curiosity at the younger while others were slightly annoyed having to wake up from being disturbed from their sleep.

Tao scanned the area swiftly and spotted the short dinosaur looking male who was trying to swerve around others and make an escape.

“YOU! STOP! I’m going to kill you!” Tao screamed as he pointed at Jonghyun.

Upon hearing that, the short male picked up his pace and moved even faster.

“Stop, you bastard! STOP!” Tao screamed.

Once the younger locked his eyes on him, he immediately ran towards the short male but was having difficulty with the heels. He tripped occasionally and the heel broke in the process which made him groan in irritation.

Tao ended up cornering Jonghyun to a large rectangular table in which they stood at opposite ends diagonally across each other. As Tao made a move towards the left, Jonghyun would shift towards the right in order to avoid the male.

“Come here, Jonghyun! You are so dead once I catch you!” Tao yelled.

“Exactly! If I let you catch me, I’ll be dead so why would I go to you.” Jonghyun retorted snobbishly.

“Argghh! Stop trying to be a smart !”

“I am one though!” Jonghyun replied as he moved away from the younger again.

The process continued until Tao opted to just using his broken heels to throw at the short male. The younger removed his heels and threw the shoes in Jonghyun’s direction, which the male successfully dodged.

“Hey! Watch the face! It’s precious!” Jonghyun shrieked. “And don’t go throwing shoes!”

“Shut up!” Tao screamed, throwing a book at Jonghyun which successfully hit the male in the face. Tao only had two shoes so he decided to just throw anything that he could get his hands on, a book, a cup, anything basically. The younger smiled at what he achieved and laughed. “Ha! I got you!”

The chase, however, started to escalate and become dangerous when Tao incorporated glass cups and ceramic plates into his throws. Jonghyun screamed as the cups came flying towards him, missing but coming in contact with the wall and shattering in a million pieces on the floor.

The shorter male now felt that his life was seriously in danger and that he needed to stop Tao or he’ll really be dead. Jonghyun shot his head up to try and plead Tao but saw another glass coming towards him, which made him duck down under the table.

“I’m sorry, Tao!” Jonghyun pleaded. “Stop throwing please!”

“No! You lied to me about this job being a cleaner and see what I’m working as now – a maid! You deceiving son of a !” Tao responded, still in the state of anger.

“I-I’m sorry, Tao! I’m really, really sorry, Tao! Let me explain please! Please stop!” Jonghyun begged, desperation filled his voice and guilt was evident in it as well.

It made the younger cease his actions for a moment. Jonghyun believed it had ended as no more utensils were thrown his way and peeked over the table slowly. Tao, still with a feeling of betrayal of trust and anger, threw a plate in the direction of Jonghyun’s showing forehead. It successfully hit the male and he yelped in pain falling backward onto the floor where the shattered glass was, scrapping against them. Jonghyun released another yelp of pain as blood began to draw from his hand.

Tao walked over to Jonghyun’s side of the table and saw the blood and the mess he made, instantly he felt worry and guilt wash over him. As he was about to comfort the male, another beat him to it. Another male dressed in a maid costume hurriedly made his way to Jonghyun’s side and helped him up seating him in the nearest chair, immediately taking out the medical kit and aiding the hand.

Tao bit down on his lips as he stared at Jonghyun and the pained expression he put on as his hand was tended to. The younger felt real guilty at that very moment and advanced towards the male with his head hung low.

“I-I’m sorry...” Tao apologised.

“You should be!” Another voice answered back and Tao looked up to see the male tending to Jonghyun’s hand answering. His eyes filled with hatred and anger. “You just don’t go throwing glass as a sought of anger relief. It’s dangerous and people can get hurt!”

“I’m sorry...” Tao bit down on his lips as he apologised.

“Kibum...It’s okay. I kinda deserved it seeing how I tricked him.” Jonghyun finally spoke. The maid, named Kibum, looked at the male in disbelief.

“He did this to you and you’re letting it off?” Kibum asked.

“Yes...” Jonghyun said as he smiled at the maid.

“Hmph. Fine,” Kibum said and he turned around to stare at Tao, “Don’t think you could do this again.”

Tao instantly nodded and apologised once more. Jonghyun only nodded and said it was okay.

Throughout the process of Jonghyun’s hand being bandaged, Tao noticed that Kibum took especially good care to Jonghyun’s wound, frequently asking if it hurt or if anywhere else in his body was hurt with the constant smiles. Jonghyun shook his head all the time assuring the maid he was fine with the same bright smile on his face. Tao found it a bit odd for them to be sharing such a connection since he was told that workers were not permitted to have a relationship within the mansion. He quirked his eyebrows a bit in question but kept a note that the butler and maid may have something for each other.  

“There all done.” Kibum said as he smiled at Jonghyun, getting up to pack the kit away.

“Thanks Kibum.” Jonghyun replied smiling.

“I’m sorry, Jonghyun.” Tao said quietly whilst looking down on the floor.

Jonghyun sighed. “It’s fine. These will heal eventually. Let’s make it even. I owe you an apology as well.”

Tao looked up at the male and slightly smiled. “Thank you.”

Jonghyun returned the smile, “You’re welcome.”

“I’m back.” Kibum happily said as he sat down beside Jonghyun.

Jonghyun smiled at the male before staring deeply into the other’s eyes. The atmosphere became awkward then and Tao just had to look elsewhere. They stayed there for a while until Tao faked a cough, signalling them to break out of their gazes. Jonghyun and Kibum jumped back a bit and Jonghyun pretended to fix his hair as Kibum fiddled with his apron in front of his maid outfit.

“Soooo care to tell me why I was lied to?” Tao asked.

“U-Umm...Uh...That was because...” Jonghyun seemed like he was loss for words as he fidgeted in his seat.

“Yes?” Tao encouraged.

“Umm...ah...I remember. Young master Kris all of a sudden fired the previous maid for some odd reason I don’t know about and I was assigned to bring in another maid or else I will be fired. My job was at stake and I need this job to help my family. I can’t find another better job than this so...when I heard that you needed a job, I just offered you it without much thought.” Jonghyun said, a bit guilty. “I’m sorry Tao. I really am. I didn’t think it will anger you this much.”

Tao heaved a heavy sigh, placing his hands on his hip in the process. “Well too late now. I’m stuck in this job. That angry bird ‘young master’ forced me to sign a contract and I need to oblige to it or else I have to pay back a large sum of money. I hate him so much.” Tao scrunched up his face in distaste.

Jonghyun shot his head up upon hearing those words and gave Tao a weird look. Tao didn’t notice as he was in his state of hating Kris, however, Kibum did catch on and titled his head at Jonghyun’s weird behaviour.

“What’s the matter, Jonghyun?” Kibum asked. Tao whipped his head around to that question and stared at Jonghyun, waiting for a response.

“U-Uh...nothing just caught up in my thoughts. Hehe.” Jonghyun responded. Tao shrugged and went back to staring off in the distance. Kibum, however, was not convinced.

“What is it?” Kibum whispered.

“I’ll tell you later.” Jonghyun whispered back and Kibum nodded.

~~~~~

Suddenly the door opened and Minho came in. The tall male scanned the area and his eyes landed on the new maid.

“Tao! Young master wants you to bring him dinner.” Minho said.

“Why? He has hands and legs. Tell him to carry his own food to his room.” Tao whined.

“Can’t. Young master wants you to do it.” Minho replied. “Here’s the food, Tao.” Minho walked in the room pushing in a cart full of food.

“Didn’t you just come from young master’s bedroom?” A voice asked.

Minho turned around and looked at the maid. “Yes Taemin-ah. But young master specifically wanted Tao to deliver his food so...what can I do?”

The maid named Taemin pouted and walked up to Tao. “So you’re the new maid. Nice to meet you! I’m Lee Taemin.” The petite male extended his hand out for Tao to shake.

Tao gladly accepted and stared at the male in awe, he was so pretty. Unconsciously, Tao let that word slip off his tongue. “Wow...you’re pretty...” Tao breathed out, slapping a hand over his mouth immediately afterwards while Taemin giggled.

“Why thank you for the compliment Tao.” Taemin smiled and Tao sheepishly returned the smile.

However as Tao looked behind Taemin at Minho, he sensed there was something off with the male. He emitted a dark aura that made Tao slightly squeak. The tall male had gaze that looked as if it was ready to pierce through his heart. But the question was why? Why did he have such a scary look? Tao didn’t really know but he shrugged it off eventually.

He walked up to Minho cautiously, trying very hard to avoid looking at that piercing gaze. He placed his hands atop of the cart and he stared at the food in disbelief. The cart of four levels were completely filled, ranging from Italian cuisine at the top with Chinese cookery occupying the second level and various kinds of dessert decorating the third level with the complementary range of beverages taking its place in the last section. Tao stared in awe at the food but at the same with envy and annoyance. ‘Why does he need to order so much? It’s not like he’s going to each it all! Wasting food! Hmph! That bastard of a master! All this food is going to waste...but...aww...I want some!!’

The younger continued to pout as he looked at the cart full of food. He squatted to eye level with the cart while putting on a bigger pout and as he continued to look on, he started to whine. He let out sounds similar to a cute puppy. Minho sighed as a smile placed his lips.

“I know you want to eat them but they’re for young master, Tao.” Minho stated.

Tao looked up at Minho and whined even more. “Can’t I just get some? It’s an awful lot and I don’t think he’ll be eating that much.”

“No. Sorry Tao. I’ll get the chef to cook something else for you later. But this here,” Minho said as he placed a hand on the cart, “is strictly for young master only.”

Tao pouted even more. “It’s a waste to cook extra when there’s so much that I’m pretty sure he’s not going to eat. Pleaseeee let me have some.”

Minho sighed. “It’s the rules though. These are only for young master.”

“Minhooo. Let me have some, please! I didn’t get to eat much for lunch and I’m hungry. I just want one plate or so to fill up the empty space in my tummy. Please! Pretty please!” Tao whined.

“Tao. I said-“ Minho stopped when he saw the younger giving him puppy eyes. Being soft hearted for cute things, Minho gave in and nodded. “Fine. Just eat whatever you want on the cart. I’ll just tell the chef to cook extra.”

“Yay! Horray to Minho! Thank you!” The younger jumped up and down as if to celebrate.

“Okay. Since I allowed you to each the food on the cart, you are to finish it all up, okay?” Minho ordered.

“I can’t finish all of this by myself. You didn’t expect have such an appetite to eat up all three sections of food, right?” Tao asked, curious.

Minho stared at Tao and sighed. “Then what was all that desperate whining for?”

“So I can share with everyone else. I can’t possible gobble all this up and even if I could, I would have exploded, so nuh-uh. There’s so much food on the cart and I believe that the arrogant young master could finish this off. It’ll be a waste of food then. Why not share it when that bastard’s just going to eat around a plate or so, aren’t I correct?” Tao responded.

Minho looked at the younger and silently started to chuckle. “You really are something, aren’t you?”

“Yes I am!” Tao replied as he giggled, proud of his response.

Jonghyun and Kibum looked at each other and shook their heads. “This kid...”

“He’s so different from the others we met.” Jonghyun said.

“And I like him for that. He’s unique, like me.” Kibum stated.

Jonghyun only nodded. “Yeah, yeah.” Seemingly so sarcastic earned him a light punch on the shoulder by Kibum.

“Um...” Tao stepped into the centre of the room and with a loud voice, he apologised for the ruckus he made. “I’m sorry!” He then bowed ninety-degrees. “I’m sorry for causing such a ruckus and caused any inconveniences. I apologise. I didn’t mean to get physically violent but I was a bit too angry. I’m sorry. I will work on how to control my anger better. I hope that we will all get along better now. I’m sorry this sounds stupid but that’s all I have in mind. Thank you for listening and sorry once again. Please forgive me!” Tao looked up and gave out a large bright smile. The others in the room started to chuckle and laugh, but Tao only stayed at this stop dumbfounded.

“Relax dude. This wasn’t the first time something like this has happened. Yours was okay. Others made it even worse. Jonghyun hyung actually got kicked in his balls. Compare that to being hurt by a plate being thrown to the head.” A male dressed in suit replied.

Tao titled his head in question. “Who did that?”

Some started to snicker and others chuckled. The male before pointed in the direction of where Jonghyun and Kibum were sitting. Kibum’s face flushed pink as he fiddled with his fingers in embarrassment. Jonghyun just bit his lips looked elsewhere while rubbing his neck with his hand awkwardly slow.

Tao finally caught on and he smiled. “It was you, right, Kibum-sshi?” Tao excitedly asked, he was so curious as to see if it was the truth.

“W-Whatever...I-It was in the past.” Kibum stuttered.

Upon that, Tao just erupted in laughter. “So it’s actually true! Haha!” Tao clutched his stomach as he laughed furiously. “Oh! Oh! Is that why you guys didn’t stop or interfere with what I was doing because you guys are already used to this?”

The male nodded. “Yep. So used to it; it happens every time Jonghyun recruits a new maid.”

The younger laughed even more. The whole began to follow Tao’s lead and erupted in laughter as well.

Soon after Tao stopped, he offered everyone to share the food on the cart and everyone happily dug in. The whole cart that was once placed full of food, was nearly clearly except for a remaining slice of cake that Tao had in his hand. The younger chomped happily on the slice until Jonghyun interrupted him.

“Hey! You eat all the cake! Give that to me!” Jonghyun complained as he tried to snatch the cake from Tao. The younger only stuck his tongue at the shorter male and held the plate of cake higher above him, teasing the male’s height.

“Come and get it if you want it.” Tao teased as he raised his arm higher.

“Hey! Just because you’re taller doesn’t mean you can on my height.” Jonghyun grumbled.

“It’s fun though. Seeing how you have to struggle so much and complain, it’s more interesting.” Tao teased.

“Hey! I’m older than you.”

“Yet you’re shorter than me.”

“Argh! I’m going to kill you, Tao!” Jonghyun said as he lunged for Tao.

“We’ll see about that. You couldn’t even fight back before.” Tao taunted as he successfully dodged Jonghyun.

The shorter male lunged at Tao again as the other dodged. However, as Tao dodged he tripped on the carpet on the floor in the worker’s resting room and the slice of cake went flying straight to the face of...

Kris. The -face young master.