Chapter 3: Prince

Everything In Between

 

Everything In Between
Chapter 3: Prince
 
 

 

 

Throughout her middle school life, HwaYoung has been dubbed as the ‘girl-you-wouldn’t-want-to-mess-with’ and since almost their whole batch attended the same high school, it stuck to her till now even as a freshman in high school. It was taken light heartedly before but after JongIn had beat up HyunSeung for dumping her, for what she agrees as shallow reasons, people have actually taken caution in approaching the said girl and the amount of boys flirting with her and confessing to her have decreased rather enormously after JongIn had announced that he would beat up any guy who dares hurt his ‘princess’ aka her. This had only led to HwaYoung feeling embarrassed yet happy that someone would care for her like that. But she would be lying if she said it didn’t annoy her.

“Seriously JongIn, I’ll be fine. That guy was just trying to borrow my notes.” JongIn had gone on over protective mode after seeing HwaYoung converse rather closely with another guy.

“Oh please, I saw how chummy you two were getting.” HwaYoung rolls her eyes at JongIn who had lain his head on her lap, closing his eyes and stretching his arms. They were at their usual spot on the rooftop, lounging and relaxing.

“I’m quite close to other people too, JongIn. You’re not my only friend. Plus, that was Jinki! Jinki’s practically an angel! The whole school knows he wouldn’t hurt a fly.” HwaYoung explains as she runs her fingers through JongIn’s hair. JongIn keeps the scowl on his face and doesn’t reply. Silence overtakes the atmosphere and things are at peace when JongIn suddenly speaks up, surprising HwaYoung who had thought the boy had gone to sleep.

“I’m just worried, okay? I didn’t like how upset you were after HyunSeung. I don’t like seeing you sad.” JongIn confesses as he tucks a lock of HwaYoung’s hair behind her ear. HwaYoung sighs but smiles softly.

“You don’t have to worry about anything. I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl now.” JongIn chuckles and HwaYoung closes her eyes.

“Nah, you’ll always be my princess.” JongIn states as he closes his eyes once again, completely in peace. HwaYoung, though, flushes pink and softly whispers.

“And you’ll always be my brave prince.”

 


 
 
Author's Note:
woot woot~ third chappie is up~ ohohoho we're starting to see some
fluff here aye? well, expect more soon!
hwaiting~