Chapter 2: The first fall

Everything In Between

 

Everything In Between
Chapter 2: The First Fall
 
 

 

 

“Yah! Kim JongIn! Come back here!” JongIn chuckles as he keeps running around their school’s oval, HwaYoung barely catching up to him.

“I swear when I catch you, I will rip your head off!” HwaYoung shouts as she slows down to a stop, panting and sweating like she had just ran for her life. JongIn laughs but turns around to jog towards her, only to stop a few feet in front of her, waving a small pink envelope in front of her.

“Ah, seriously HwaYoung, how do you expect a guy to like a girl who can’t even handle a little jog?” He smirks as HwaYoung turns red and scowls at him. Just like all those times before.

“It’s none of your business!” HwaYoung shouts as she lunges forward, trying to grab the envelope from JongIn’s hands.

“Wah, they really do look like a couple.”

“Yeah, if it wasn’t for HwaYoung’s obvious crush on HyunSeung, I would’ve thought they were actually dating.” A few girls gossiped as they watched the two play around. It was a common scene in JoSeong Middle School to find JongIn and HwaYoung casually teasing and pranking each other. And although they screamed at each other about how they’ll get revenge, it was common knowledge that these two always stuck together and always had each other’s back.

“So, HyunSeung, huh?” JongIn states as he raises his arm with the envelope so HwaYoung wouldn’t be able to reach it. Being tall had its advantages, for JongIn, this was one of them. HwaYoung keeps jumping and reaching up, trying to get the envelope.

“Yeah, got a problem with that?” HwaYoung glares at JongIn, arms folding over her chest.

“No, none really. Actually, I could give this to him for you. I’m actually quite close to him.” JongIn winks at her. HwaYoung scoffs and in one quick kick, she sends JongIn sprawled on the floor. Taking the envelope from JongIn’s hand, Hwayoung saunters off into the school, giving JongIn a small wave before she disappears through the doors. JongIn simply chuckles painfully and sits up, dusting off his shirt before limping off to the bleachers where girls flocked around him asking him if he’s fine. And as he stares at the door where HwaYoung left, he realizes

“That girl's got me falling hard.”

JongIn didn’t know how hard he fell till a two weeks later when he beat up HyunSeung for dating HwaYoung and dumping her cause she wasn’t ‘enough’ and how jealous he was in those two weeks of agony.

 


 
 
Author's Note:
here's the second chapter~ the first few chapters will be flashbacks and the main plot will start after~
hope ya'll liked it~ hwaiting!