No Expectations

Solace in Solitude

I came face to face with a stranger; a stranger who had a connection to Jiae. I took note of his appearance.

 
He had sleek brown hair which reminded me of copper, a fair complexion and chocolate orbs that were filled with warmth and tenderness. He had a somewhat slim build, I noticed. 
 
"You came alone?" he asked in a gentle tone. 
 
"What is it to you?" I hissed. The only person I had left in my life when she left was Sungyeol and even then, we barely kept in contact as he was occupied with college. It's not something I could blame him for anyways - studies are important.
 
The stranger turned his body towards me and started to speak, "My name is Sungjong. I'm Jiae's cousin."
Not wanting to cause or bring any trouble to myself, I replied Sungjong. 
 
"Kim Myungsoo. I'm Jiae's boyfriend - or at least was her boyfriend," I abruptly stood up; I had no desire to be here any longer as I've accomplished my task for today. "Lee Sungjong, after we part ways, this meeting never happened at all. Remember that."
 
And I walked away, feeling a pair of eyes boring holes into my back.

Author's Note: I know at the moment, while reading this story, you may wonder why there is seemingly no link to the title. Be patient, readers. Anyways, regarding this fanfic, it was originally supposed to be a oneshot but I decided to challenge myself by writing a chaptered fanfic. As you can see, despite being dead, Jiae plays a very big role in this story. :3 Sorry for this chapter being short though!

In this story, all characters are the same age as they are now. I decided to make Jiae's death happen three years ago - Infinite's debut year. Appearance wise, Sungjong's straight hairstyle in his teaser (Man In Love) whereas Myungsoo has the hairstyle from BTD era (might change later on) Jiae's appearance is how she looks like with her hair straightened (like my profile picture).