Only Because You Are

Just My Size

 

Just My Size – Ch. 6

Han Ji-Eun

 

Eight o'clock could not come quickly enough.

 

After Mi-Sun blurted Jinki's secret, I knew I needed to talk to him. I wanted to know more – everything – but the guys refused to say more.

 

I think I ate all my food, but I wasn't sure. I was in such a daze from everything that had happened, I kind of just... floated through things. I was vaguely aware that we left Quick Burger and entered BSX, a popular clothing store. Hearing Minho complain upon stepping over the threshold did snap me back to the present for a bit, though. I wasn't too interested in the clothes here, but I still browsed and pointed out items I thought my girls would like.

 

Once Mi-Sun and Hea-Jung entered the changing rooms with their arms loaded up with clothes, the guys and I plopped down on a comfy couch in the waiting area. I checked my phone's clock absentmindedly, then clicked the screen off.

 

“What time is it?” Minho asked.

 

“Uh...” Feeling stupid, I checked again. I was so distracted that I hadn't really been paying attention to what it said. “6:49,” I sighed. More than an hour to go.

 

Jonghyun, who had been absorbed in his phone, suddenly perked up. “Hey guys!” He addressed all of us, even the changing girls. “There's a movie playing at 8:15 that I wanna see! Wanna go?”

 

“Which one?” Hea-Jung asked as she stepped out of her stall. She was wearing a flowy, flowery top with complementing skinny jeans. The shapes of the clothes suited her body well, and the soft pastels reflected her kind demeanor. She looked like the kind of girl any guy would gladly bring home to meet his parents.

 

Mi-Sun exited her stall one step behind Hea-Jung. Her outfit was much sleeker, and more her style. She had donned a black faux-leather Moto jacket, a see-through teal top with a black bandeau under it, a textured black pencil skirt, and punky black sneaker wedges. Her look was edgy, but not messy.

 

“This American one called 'Warm Bodies.'” He brought his phone closer to his face. “It is a zombie movie-” All of us girls made a disgusted noise. “Hey! Hey! Hold on!” He made a calming motion with his free hand. “But it's also listed as a romantic comedy.” He waggled his eyebrows. “Personally, I'm interested to see how those two genres mix.”

 

“Sounds like it could be interesting,” Minho agreed. “C'mon, girls, why not?” He flashed his famous smile at us all, especially his girlfriend.

 

Mi-Sun huffed and blew a strand of hair out of her eye. Minho's eyes took on a pleading expression, and it worked. “OK, OK. Fine, I'm in.” She crossed her arms and looked over at Hea-Jung.

 

“So long as it's not too scary,” Hea-Jung looked a little nervous. She was the type who frightens easily.

 

“I might just head home,” I murmured as I looked down at my shoes. I didn't want to be a fifth wheel.

 

“You sure? Because Onew just asked if you were going, too,” Jonghyun turned his phone's screen towards me, and I snatched it quickly. He chuckled a bit.

 

Jonghyun:

[Hey, I'm gonna ask the girls if they wanna see a movie. Wanna go, too?]

Onew:

[You know I don't like going to the movies.]

Jonghyun:

[The others are in, but Ji-Eun is thinking of going home.]

Onew:

[…]

[Which movie theatre?]

Jonghyun:

[The Cineplex just down the street.]

Onew:

[If I go, will Ji-Eun go, too?]

 

Once I was done reading, my wide eyes met Jonghyun's. He was openly smirking at me. “Still gonna go home?”

 

I found myself wanting to sock his smug face, but he had a point. In his own weird way, he was helping both Jinki and I spend some time together. “No, I'll go,” I responded, trying to keep the excitement out of my voice.

 

After I handed his phone back to him, he typed a response to Jinki, then pocketed his phone. Jonghyun stood up, and he and Hea-Jung closed the gap between them.

 

“How do I look?” She blushed and looked like an angel.

 

“Simply divine, m'dear,” He gently took her hand and kissed the back of it. Hea-Jung giggled. Pulling a Gomez Addams, Jonghyun started to rapidly kiss up her arm, shoulder, and neck until he reached her cheek. He planted a few more kisses there, pecked her sweetly on her nose, then once on her lips. Feeling awkward, I turned my attention to Mi-Sun and Minho.

 

“So?” Mi-Sun placed a hand on her hip and cocked an eyebrow at her boyfriend.

 

“So what?” Minho shrugged.

 

“Uh-oooh,” I cooed under my breath.

 

“You know what, you !” Mi-Sun stomped her foot.

 

Minho outright guffawed, and stood up. He held his arms open, and Mi-Sun tromped over. Instead of hugging him, though, she weakly punched his chest a couple of times. But then Minho trapped her small frame in his strong arms.

 

He nuzzled into her hair and whispered something that I couldn't make out. Whatever it was, it calmed her down, and she returned the hug. Again, I started to feel awkward, so this time I clicked my phone back on.

 

I was about to check my e-mail when I got a text. It was from Jinki!

 

Jinki:

[Ji-Eun, you ARE going to that movie, right?]

 

As I was typing my response, he sent another:

 

[I'm not going without you.]

 

Ji-Eun:

[Yes, I am going.]

[But only because you are. :)]

Jinki:

[OK, I'll meet you guys in the lobby as soon as I can when I get out!]

Ji-Eun:

[See you then!]

 

I resisted the urge to put “<3” at the end, thinking he might be creeped out by that sudden expression.

 

Eight o'clock just could not come quickly enough!


Sorry that this chapter is a little shorter than the others! The next chapter will be be at the movie theatre, though! ^__^ What will happen? Who knows! (Well, I do, obviously. ;D)

Can anyone help me come up with  a title for this chapter? XD My naming convention for Ji-Eun's chapters is whatever is going through her mind about what happened. And since she wasn't really thinking in this chapter much (being in a daze and all), I'm having a hard time. XD

Thank you so much 
awanudara for the chapter title!

Anyways, thank you all so much for reading! Please let me know what you think, good or bad, in the comments. :D