An Eventful Day, Perhaps TOO Eventful. @_@

Just My Size

Just My Size Chapter 11
Han Ji-Eun

First period History went by far too slowly. I like the subject and loathe Chemistry (my second period), so History feeling so laggy was a surprise. But I was looking forward to seeing my Jinki (hee hee, my Jinki~) far too much to really pay much attention in class.

 

Eventually I needed to use the restroom, so I excused myself quietly. After I shut the classroom door silently behind me, I peered into the high windows for the class across the hall - Jinki’s class. I caught his eye and he gave me a small wave and a smile. I smiled back, but then made my way to the girls’ washroom.

 

I didn’t take long, and was heading back towards my class in a few minutes. Just as I rounded the last corner before my classroom, I was stopped by Mi-Nah and two of her cronies.

 

“What do you think you’re doing?” Mi-Nah looked livid, and I shrunk down again.

 

“H-Heading b-back to class,” I mumbled.

 

“Not that, you idiot.” She scoffed and her lackeys chuckled. “What are you doing with Lee Jinki-sshi?”

 

She leaned forward and got right in my face. Her eyes were practically afire.

 

She terrified me. I couldn’t say a word or do anything.

 

Mi-Nah raised her voice. “I said, what are you doing with my Jinki?” She suddenly hit the wall near me, and I flinched as if she had slapped me.

 

I still couldn’t say anything. I wanted to run around her and into my classroom, but my legs wouldn’t move. I was breathing hard though, and I could feel my heart pounding. But all I could do was just stared down at my shoes.

 

Her two minions giggled manically, and Mi-Nah moved even closer to me. Her nose was just a couple of inches from mine, and now I was forced to look at her.

 

“Maybe you’re not saying anything because nothing’s really happening. I bet he’s just using you to play hard-to-get with me.”

 

My eyes went wide. Fear stirred inside me. I didn’t really believe that Jinki would fall for her, but she was beautiful and popular. She also got better grades than me. She wasn’t a nervous wreck like me, either - she was confident and knew exactly what she was capable of.

 

Even if Jinki wouldn’t date her, I was suddenly overcome with the fear that Jinki would leave me for someone better.

 

My knees started to shake and I had to brace myself against the wall to stop myself from falling. Mi-Nah and her accomplices started howling with laughter, and I found tears streaming down my face. I couldn’t hold myself together anymore and just let myself fall to the ground.

 

A loud BANG made the laughter stop, and my tormentors turned towards the noise. “Ah, just in time,” Mi-Nah greeted whoever was walking towards us.

 

“Looks to me like I’m too late,” Jinki’s voice was soft as he stepped around the girls and helped me up. “I’m so sorry it took too long,” he looked me right in the eyes. His own were full of emotion. I shook my head and wiped some tears from my cheeks.

 

“Maybe now you can drop this charade and tell me how you feel about me?” Mi-Nah was still overflowing with confidence as she addressed Jinki.

 

Jinki, with one hand resting on my shoulder, turned towards Mi-Nah. “You want to know how I really feel, Son Mi-Nah-sshi?”

 

“Just ‘Mi-Nah,’ please. Or ‘Jagiyah.’ I really like the sound of that.” Her lip curled up.

 

“No, I will address you formally because you are a classmate and nothing more.” Jinki’s voice was steady, but I felt his hand shaking slightly. “I won’t tolerate bullying.”

 

Bullying?” Mi-Nah scoffed again. “I’m not bullying her, I’m just trying to make her wake up from her silly dream-”

 

“She’s crying, Son Mi-Nah-sshi,” Jinki gently wiped more tears away for me. “And worst part is you’re not even sorry.” Jinki regarded her with steely eyes. “Ji-Eun is my girlfriend, and nothing you can say or do will change that.

 

“As for you, Son Mi-Nah-sshi, you will never be more than a classmate to me. Jonghyun was right - I could never fall for you. You’re cruel and sadistic, and I find that sad.” Jinki put an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. Feeling that physical reassurance in addition to his words helped me feel a lot better.

Mi-Nah, on the other hand, had been abandoned by her “friends.” They had scampered back to their classes once they realized the conversation was not going in their fearless leader’s favor. It was just about then that Mi-Nah realized they were gone.

“Well- I- HUMPH!” She turned around and stalked off back to class.

Both Jinki and I let out huge sighs. I looked up at him, and he smiled sweetly. “Wow, that was… something.” He admitted as he relaxed his shoulders. Running his hand through his hair, he looked up at the ceiling.

“Maybe she’ll stop bothering you now?” I whispered.

“I didn’t mind when they were just bugging me. It was kinda creepy, sure, but if they weren’t bothering anyone else, it was OK.” He sighed again, and focused his eyes on me. “But they made you cry, and that is unacceptable.” He hugged me quickly. “I’m so sorry I couldn’t prevent that from happening.”

“It’s OK, Jinki,” my voice was muffled by his shirt. I freed my face and rested my chin on his shoulder as I patted his back. “Really, I’ll be OK.” He turned his head to look me in the eyes, and I smiled at him. That seemed to calm him a bit.

Then I realized how close our faces were. I could feel this electricity sparking between us, running from our entangled bodies and arms up to my head. His plump lips were just centimeters from mine.

I saw Jinki’s eyes flicker down (was he looking at my lips? Oh goodness, they’re so dry!) and back up to mine, and I felt his shoulder and neck muscles tense up. Was he going to-?!

“Hey, get back to class!” My teacher, Mr. Go, slammed open the classroom door and startled us. We hopped apart and put our heads down.

“Sorry, Mr. Go,” we chanted in unison. I stepped towards the open door, and Jinki shuffled back to his class. We looked at each other one last time, shared a small wave, then parted once again.

 


 

After class, Mr. Go called me to the front. Mi-Sun assured me that her, Hea-Jung and Minho would wait as long as they could for me. I nodded, and they headed out of the classroom. I prepared myself as I turned and walked towards Mr. Go’s desk.

“What happened out there, Miss Han?” Mr. Go was more calm now, and his expression was inquisitive. I relaxed, and told him quickly what happened with Mi-Nah and her crew. His expression darkened as I went on.

“And then Lee Jinki came out and, well, saved me.” I concluded and nodded my head.

“I am glad he was able to stop the girls,” Mr. Go admitted. “They will be talked to, I assure you.” I smiled a little at that. “But you and Mr. Lee need to keep your hands off each other on school grounds, got that?” I nodded fervently, but felt a sadness creep into my heart.

“OK, go to your next class now,” he dismissed me.

“Thank you, Mr. Go,” I bowed respectfully as I backed towards the door. When I exited the classroom, my friends and Jinki were waiting for me.

“What did he want?” Hea-Jung asked gently.

“He wanted to know what happened, so I told him, and he said the girls will be talked to.” I nodded, and Jinki took my hand. But I had to slip my hand out of his. The hurt in Jinki’s eyes pierced my heart.

“And... he said we need to ‘keep our hands off each other on school  grounds.’” I sighed. Jinki nodded and put his hands in his pockets.

“That ,” Mi-Sun stated simply. We all nodded as we set off to our next classes. Me, Jinki, Hea-Jung, and Minho all had Chemistry together, but Mi-Sun broke off to go to English. We waved goodbye, and out of respect, Mi-Sun and Minho skipped their usual goodbye kiss. It was such a familiar sight that I was actually surprised at first. But then I nodded my thanks, and Mi-Sun smiled in return.

When we got to Chem, I sat in my usual seat and Hea-Jung made to sit in hers at the double-table we shared. But Jinki tapped her on the shoulder and whispered in her ear. She smiled and nodded… and sat next to Minho, Jinki’s usual partner. Jinki then sat next to me, and I smiled and blushed.

When the teacher, Ms. Byeon, came into the room, it didn’t take her long to notice the change. She gave us an odd look, set her stuff down, and walked over to us.

“What’s going on, you two?” Her gaze was skeptical, and I got the feeling she heard about what happened last period.

“I’m Han Ji-Eun-sshi’s Chemistry tutor now,” He replied brightly, and I nodded.

“He’s already helped me a lot,” I said as I handed her my completed homework. She looked it over briefly, and seemed pleased by what she saw.

“OK, you can stay there,” she replied as she handed back my papers, then returned to the front of the classroom. “Let’s see how the rest of you did on this weekend’s homework,” she addressed the class as a whole, and there was a collective groan. She smirked and got out her answer key.

 


 

That was by far the best Chem class I ever had - I could actually follow along and even some-what understand what was going on! I smiled at Jinki when class was dismissed.

“Thank you so much for helping me, Jinki!”

“Not a problem, m’lady,” he bowed with a flourish that made me giggle. We packed up our stuff and headed to English class after that.

“Time to see how you’ve improved!” I poked his shoulder and he grinned.

“Ah, probably not as much as you did in Chem,” he scratched the back of his head and glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. I thought I was going to melt right then.

Our English teacher, an American woman named Mrs. Brown, was really laid back and let people sit wherever they wanted each day. So Jinki and I sat next to each other for a change. Usually, Hea-Jung and Jonghyun would sit next to each other, Jinki in front of Jonghyun, and me behind Hea-Jung. It was a great angle for staring at him, but sitting next to him felt so much better.

Mrs. Brown spoke Korean, but she insisted (much like I had the previous day) on total immersion. As soon as you crossed the threshold of the room, you were to talk in English. It was kind of funny to see the different reactions to this rule - some students would stand right outside the class till they were done with what they were saying, but others would switch to English right away. On more than one occasion, I switched mid-sentence. It didn’t always work very well, but it made Hea-Jung laugh.

I’d always paired with Hea-Jung, but today my partner was Jinki. Even though he wouldn’t admit it, his English sounded fluid and clean. I praised him a lot, but he just blushed and scratched his head a lot. Too cute!

English flew by, and it was time for gym. Each year took gym as a whole, but the genders were separated. That didn’t stop some of the boys from ogling the girls, or vice-versa. I know I’d stared at Jinki quite a few times from across the dirt field.

Jinki walked me to the entrance of the girl’s locker room, and we leaned against the wall for a moment. He smiled kindly at me once again, and I returned it.

“Can I say something crazy?” He spoke all of a sudden. I flinched, but nodded for him to go on.

“I feel like I’ve known you forever.” A lopsided smile crept onto his face.

“I- Uh- Wow,” was all I could manage. Jinki chuckled a little.

We’d only been talking for two days, but I realized then just how comfortable I felt around him. Sure, I was nervous about some things, but we could joke around like old friends; I pined for him fiercely as soon as we had to part. I’m sure some people would say it was just “puppy love,” but I wasn’t so sure about that.

I gathered my thoughts, and replied, “What I meant to say was, I feel… the same.” Jinki’s small grin turned into bright beaming. He looked around us quickly and saw no one looking right at us. He hugged me swiftly and briefly, and I just had time to pat him quickly on the back before he pulled away. We laughed as the bell rung.

“I gotta get going,” Jinki sighed with a smile on his face.

“See you on the field,” I called and waved. He waved as well, and walked backwards so he could see me until I was in the locker room.

 


 

Gym class. Oh, blessed gym class. I may hate you sometimes, but not today. Today was soccer day.

I was designated as goalie for my team, which suited me just fine. Running up and down the field always tired me out too much, and I was actually decent at knocking the ball away from the goal.

Better yet, Mi-Sun kept the ball at the far end of the field, and I got to stare over at the boys playing not too far away.

Minho is of course excellent at the sport, but Jinki wasn’t too shabby either. Watching him run all over after the ball was exciting!

Towards the end of class, he managed to score a goal! I cheered briefly, but was alerted by Mi-Sun that the ball in our game was coming my way. I searched around for it, and spotted the girl who had it. She sneered at me and took her shot - right into my stomach. I doubled over, but never let the ball leave my arms.

It stung a bit, but I was alright. Mi-Sun helped me up, and our teacher, Ms. Baek, commended me on my successful block. After that, it was time to head in to change.

After the eventful morning I had, I was more thankful for lunch than usual. Plus, it meant more Jinki time.

Usually at lunch, my best friends would sit between me and the guys. I never really participated in conversations unless the girls included me, but I always watched and listened. Today, it was great to finally integrate with the group.

Jinki patted the space next to him, and I sat down. He gently squeezed my hand under the table, and I grinned to myself. He then bumped my shoulder lightly, and relinquished my hand.

“Great block earlier!” He congratulated me.

“Great goal,” I replied. He chuckled.

We dug into our lunch, and I felt someone plop down on the other side of me. I looked over and saw Taemin.

“Hello, Taemin-sshi,” I greeted kindly.

“Hello, Noona,” he smiled as he too started eating.

Key rushed over at that point and banged his tray down on the table loudly.

“Yah!” Mi-Sun sassed. Key gave her an equally sassy expression back, and they smirked at each other. This was a common occurrence.

“Onew-hyung! What the hell happened during first period?” Key demanded.

Jinki glanced over at me, and I nodded. “It’s OK, tell ‘em.”

“I don’t know how it all started, though.” He admitted.

I sighed and started telling the story. Jonghyun gripped his wooden chopsticks so hard I thought he was going to break them; he apparently had very bad memories with Mi-Nah. I made a mental note to ask Hea-Jung later if she knew what had transpired between the two. It was before they even started to get to know each other, so I don’t know if she knew much.

Once I got to where Jinki came to my rescue, he took over. “Once Mi-Nah left the classroom, I thought there might be trouble. When I heard her raise her voice in the hall and heard my name, I started asking the teacher if I could be excused. At first he told me to wait until Mi-Nah had come back, then I heard what must have been her hitting the wall. I thought she had hurt you,” he looked at me with pained eyes. I squeezed his hand under the table this time to reassure him that I was OK.

“I didn’t care what happened then, and I just ran out of the class,” Jinki sighed. “Everyone heard the noise, so someone had to take action. And then when I saw those three ganging up on Ji-Eun, I stepped in.” He shrugged like it was no big deal.

He continued until the point when we were told to go back to our classes. Taemin politely applauded. “Way to go, hyung!” He beamed at both of us. “Noona, I would have defended you too if I were there!”

I was very taken aback by that. “Uh, thanks, Taemin-sshi.” I smiled shyly at him.

“That was so badass,” Mi-Sun chimed in. Minho nodded in agreement.

“I don’t think so, I was shaking the whole time,” Jinki grimaced.

“Jinki,” I rested a hand on his shoulder, “you saved me and stood up to them, even when you were nervous. That’s brave.” My words were met with lots of blushing on Jinki’s part. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Thank, Ji-Eun,” he managed to reply.

 


 

The rest of the school day flew by. After we’d all changed into our outdoor shoes, Key had an idea.

“Noraebang, anybody?” His sly, foxy smile crept onto his face.

I shrunk back behind Jinki while everyone else expressed their happiness at the suggestion.

“What’s up?” Jinki asked, and held my hand as soon as we left the school gates.

“I- I-” couldn’t bring myself to say it.

So Mi-Sun said it for me. “She thinks she can’t sing.”

“Don’t worry Noona,” Minho piped up. “I can’t either.”

“Bull, and you know it!” Mi-Sun slapped her boyfriend’s arm, and he chuckled. “You both have adorable voices, whether you admit it or not.”

All I could do was blush. Jinki squeezed my hand and whispered, “If you don’t want to sing, you don’t have to.” I nodded.

The noraebang Key lead us to was one I’d been to before with just my girls. They had great food and the machines had a wide variety of songs to choose from. Once we were settled, Key kicked things off with some girl KPop group song. I think it was called “Bo Peep?” I dunno, I wasn’t paying too much attention. But his dancing was super enthusiastic!

I honestly wasn’t paying much attention from the moment we sat down because Jinki immediately draped his arm around me. I snuggled into him a little bit, then he pulled me closer. I rested my hand on his chest, and he smiled down at me.

After Key was done, we all applauded and cheered. Next up were Minho and Jonghyun singing some silly song. I had no clue what is was, but it didn’t matter much. They were derping around enough to keep everyone’s eyes off me and Jinki, and I was satisfied.

Once our food was delivered, we all took a break and chowed down. After a few minutes, Jinki asked for the song book. He flipped through it, and I peered over his shoulder.

“Nuh-uh!” He pulled the book to his chest. “It’s a surprise.” He winked.

“Okaaaaay,” I drew the word out like my sister would, in a cutesy way.

While Jinki was taking his time looking, Minho, Mi-Sun and Key decided to do a song together. It wasn’t my style at all, but they looked great performing “Like a G6.” Mi-Sun let all her fierceness out and had no qualms about grinding on Minho. Poor Key looked a little lonely, so Jonghyun jokingly started to dance with him. Much hilarity ensued!

Finally, Jinki poked the book and declared, “This one!” I couldn’t wait to find out.

He punched the number in, and the song title came up.

Bubbly” by Colbie Caillat.

I started to blush. A few years back, my cousins in California were obsessed with this song, so I heard it a lot. I don’t think I’d ever heard the song without them singing along, though. And they never sang it seriously or with emotion. Not like Jinki did.

I always knew it was a cute song, but I never realized just how much it really meant. It touched my heart, and every time he looked at me, I smiled wide and my face flushed.

He also added his own silly touch, like crinkling his nose when the lyrics called for it, or imitating curling up in a warm blanket. I giggled every time he did something like that.

“What am I gonna say, when you make me feel this way?” He sang sweetly.

“You can say ‘I lo-” Minho started, but Mi-Sun elbowed him to shut him up. I had to laugh at that.

During the last chorus, Jinki had a hard time making eye contact with me, though. He was fine for “It starts in my soul,” but as it went on, he ended up staring at the wall, or looking down and to the side. At the “when you kiss my nose” part, he scratched his while he intently focused on the lyrics screen, even though he’d been doing the whole song from memory up till that point. It made me wonder what was going through his head.

When he finished, I applauded loudly, and Minho mock cat-called him. But before Jinki even had a chance to sit down next to me once more, Taemin pulled me to my feet. “C’mon, Noona! I know an easy one!”

“Say what?!” The next thing I knew, I had a microphone shoved into my hand, and Super Junior Happy’s “Cooking? Cooking!” started playing. I groaned loudly.

“You can do it!” Hea-Jung cheered me on. I shook my head slowly, dejectedly.

I’d heard the song before, of course, but I didn’t know it. Taemin calling it an “easy one” was not accurate for me.

As the bouncy music started, Taemin smiled reassuringly at me. But I think I might have scared him on accident, because when I met his eyes, he flinched. I have no idea what my expression was, but it was not a smile.

Everyone chanted the “oo-gah, oo-gah” parts, which made me feel a little better. Maybe they’d sing along and cover up my voice?

When the verse came up, Taemin started with the first line, then pointed to me for the second. I kind of mumbled it. He put a hand gently on my shoulder and tried to guide me through the song, but I just couldn’t get it. And when the rapping part came? Ha, forget that. I couldn’t keep up.

I looked around the room, and everyone was smiling and enjoying the song. Most of them were focused on Taemin, which was great. Jinki was looking straight at me however, and I pleaded with my eyes for him to come save me.

And that he did, thank goodness! He made his way up to the front, and held my mic with me. He sang loud enough for me to hear him well, and to cover up my poor attempts. When the chorus came around, I at least knew the melody, so I just kind of “la la la”’d through it. I don’t think I was on-key though. At all.

By the middle of the song, everyone was singing along. It didn’t matter if I sang or not, so I ended up just lip-syncing. As soon as the song was done, Jinki ushered me back to our seats. He hugged me close again, and I felt safe in his arms. I didn’t realize till then that I had been shaking fiercely.

As the next song started, I felt a light tap on the top of my head. I raised my face and saw Taemin looking at me with sympathetic eyes. “I’m so sorry, Noona,” he started. “I just thought that maybe if someone sang with you, it would be OK.”

I didn’t really want to say anything. I wasn’t exactly mad at him, but I wasn’t happy with him either. Luckily, Jinki spoke for me.

“It’s OK, Taemin. Just… don’t do something like that again, OK?” Jinki smiled kindly at him and patted his shoulder.

“You got it!” Taemin saluted us and sat back down.

After that, I paid attention to the song that was being performed. Hea-Jung had chosen “Two In a Million” by S Club 7, and she was singing it right to Jonghyun. Her voice was a lofty soprano, and the song sounded almost like a lullaby.

Jonghyun enjoyed the performance greatly, and got up to sang into the mic with her, harmonizing in an angelic way. I smiled at the sight and snuggled against Jinki again. I felt his voice reverberate in his chest, and realized he was singing along softly as he pet my hair. What bliss!

Around 8 o’clock, we packed up and headed out. Taemin and Key broke off to go to their neighborhood, and the rest of us continued along. My girls lived within a few blocks of my house, and I knew Jinki lived close by as well. I had no idea where Jonghyun lived, but he was close too from what I had found out the previous day. Minho, on the other hand, lived closer to Key and Taemin, but insisted on walking Mi-Sun home.

“I don’t need a bodyguard, Minho,” Mi-Sun insisted.

“I know, but I want to walk with you guys,” he protested.

“You need to go home and get sleep so you can make it through soccer practice after school tomorrow!” She retorted.

“Yah, I’ll be fine!” He shot back.

I rolled my eyes and smirked; they were like an old married couple already.

“Well,” Mi-Sun huffed, “I’m not going to my home anyways.” We all looked at her. “I’m going to Ji-Eun’s. As is Hea-Jung.”

“That’s news to me,” I admitted. Hea-Jung looked equally confused.

“We need girl-time, OK?” Mi-Sun held up her hands palms out and looked at each of the the guys in turn. She only put her hands down when they all had nodded their acceptance at her.

The rest of the walk was uneventful, though it did feel weird walking up to my gate with five other people in tow. Granted, only two of them would be coming into the house with me, but I’m not used to having or being a part of an entourage.

I unlocked the door and swung the gate open. When I turned around, both of the other couples were kissing goodbye sweetly. My eyes flicked to Jinki, and he stepped forward and hugged me.

“Call me later?” He whispered in my ear. I made a sound of affirmation, and he squeezed me briefly before letting go. “Talk to you later, then.” He sounded almost sad, and I knew the feeling. I didn’t want to part from him once again, but I knew it had to happen eventually. I gave him a small smile and wave, and the boys were off.

The second they were out of sight, Mi-Sun grabbed my arm and dragged me into my own house. She hardly gave me time to take my shoes off in the entryway before nagging me to get upstairs.

We saw my mom briefly, but my friends insisted that “girl talk time” was needed. She nodded in understanding and told us she’d leave us alone. I started filling with dread.

Once we were up in my room with the door locked, they cornered me. (To be honest, it wasn’t very hard as I had already crawled up my bed to my pile of pillows.)

“You and Jinki already seem awfully close,” Hea-Jung started slowly.

“What happened on your ‘study date’ yesturday?” Mi-Sun pounced on my bed, making me and Hea-Jung bounce a little.

“Not much happened, I guess,” I shrugged. “We did have a good time, though.” I smiled and nodded.

Sadly, that did not satiate them. They forced me to tell them every little detail. They especially liked when Jinki stopped me from falling after getting off the merry-go-round. Hea-Jung mentioned that Jonghyun had told her what he had seen, and said that it was “so adorable, he felt diabetes sinking in.”

I laughed at that, and wondered if we really did look that cute together. The thought made me blush.

Once they stopped pressing me for details of Sunday, Mi-Sun asked, “Have you two kissed yet?”

My eyes went wide and I opened my mouth to talk, but no intelligible words came out. My girls giggled.

“I’m just kidding!” Mi-Sun waved a hand at me nonchalantly. “I think you would have told us if you did.” She winked. And she was right.

Not too long after that, the girls packed up and headed out. After seeing them to the door, I went back up and flopped on my bed. My phone buzzed, and I checked the screen. Jinki had sent me a KakaoTalk message.

Jinki
How’s it going? Are your friends still there?

I typed back:

Ji-Eun
They just left. Want me to call you now?

Jinki
Sure!

I minimized the app and went to my contacts. I don’t know why, but I was actually hesitant to call him. I made myself do it anyways, and he picked up on the first ring.

“Hello, Ji-Eun!” He greeted me brightly.

“Hi,” I shyly replied.

“How was girl time?” He chuckled a little.

“Grueling.” I sighed. “They always press me for all the details, and I can never resist their harping.” That made him laugh lightly, and I giggled a little as well.

We ended up talking for quite a while, and about anything that came to mind. I relaxed as we chatted, and Jinki laughed a lot. I love his laugh.

I heard a soft knock on my door after a while, and told Jinki to hold on.

“Come in,” I called softly.

“It’s just me,” my mom replied as she popped the door open slightly. “I was just wondering if you needed any dinner.”

“Ah, no thanks. I had enough at the noraebang.” I smiled at her to show my appreciation.

“Are you talking to Jinki-sshi?” She asked once she realized I had my phone in my hand. She said it like my sister would, cutesy and slightly teasing.

“Yes,” I blushed.

“Tell him I say ‘hi!’” She waved and closed the door. I chuckled a little under my breath, and relayed the message.

We chatted for a little more after that, then said our goodnights.

“Shall I meet you at your place again?” Jinki asked while trying to stifle a yawn.

I yawned as well through my reply. “Sure, sounds good.”

“Alright, then. Sweet dreams,” he cooed into the phone.

“Sweet dreams, Jinki.”

 


 

Notes:

Onew being alright at soccer isn’t just something I made up, he actually is! (The aim of that game was to hit the bar, not make a goal! Minho went first and missed!)

The leader of the sasaengs isn’t supposed to be anyone in particular, she’s just a random girl I made up.

The teachers mostly just have random names, except for Mrs. Brown. She’s me. XD (Well, if I was already married~ And if I spoke a of Korean. >w>;;;)

Many thanks to my IRL friends who suggested many songs to me for Jinki to sing to Ji-Eun. <3 As soon as one of them suggested Bubbly, I could hear him singing it in my head. 8D

Questions, comments? Please let me know! Once again, thank you for reading. <3