09: Confession of a Friend

The Silver Lining

 

 

   "Did you guise hear? Byun Baekhyun got suspended!" Other guys whispered and sniggered as the ran past, spreading the rumour towards the whole school. Baekhyun was known for his looks and his brain, so this sure was a first.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun and Jieun sat in the office, facing the Principal. Luhan was not present because his facial bones had been severly crushed and it was safe that he was to go to a hospital where he could get treatment. Baekhyun was expected to pay all the fees for him. Baekhyun sat slumped on his seat, angry.

 

   Jieun was still clutching her cheeks, because she had sort of frozen in that position. She was afraid to even flinch infront of Baekhyun now.

 

 

   The principal glared at Baekhyun with his arms crossed, trying to figure out why Baekhyun would get so pissed over students. 'Why Baekhyun, Why," He exaggerated. "Why on earth would you destroy the face of someone who lives with their entire life trusted on their face?"

 

 

   Baekhyun stayed silent, succculently the small blood lines that were forming on his lips. The principal frowned, appalled at Baekhyun's actions. Baekhyun was always such a good student to all the teachers and this sort of behaviour was something that the teachers all found too awkward to handle.

 

 

    "Lee Jieun would know the best." He finally replied, jerking his head towards Jieun as he sniggered sarcastically. It somehow sounded scary because it felt as he was deceased with a evil spirit in his body and Baekhyun, wasn't really Baekhyun. that had to be it, Jieun was sure Baekhyun would never do this.

 

   She knew that out of most of the korean boys who swear and live on, Baekhyun was different. When you saw Baekhyun, it was like seeing a character in a drama. Unrealistic, but realistic.

 

  So, just why was he doing this?

 

 

  "Byun Baekhyun. If you don't tell the truth you will be pushed down to the detention class where you are to spend your classroom time studyin normal studies like Mathematics and English, or we send you off to another school. But Baekhyun, i still believe you have potential." The principal paused. "Which will it be?"

 

 

   Baekhyun paused for a while, sitting on th edge of his seat.

 

 

He had his own dreams but they were far from coming true, as this would have caused a damage on his past records. Baekhyun tapped his fingers together, smirking.

 

  

   "Isn't that simple, Sir?"

 

 

"Byun Baekhyun yo-"

 

 

"It's obvious no one's going to want me here. Just transfer me already."

 

 

  The principal and Jieun beamed at Baekhyun, abashed at the conformity that Baekhyun had made. Although he had slapped her and all, she still couldn't find the heart to hate him- still. She didn't want him to go. She wanted him to stay right there, where shecould watch him.

 

 

   "Very well then." The principal noted something in his folder and closed it shut, rising from his seat. "A letter of consent will be sent to your parents about this, and you will be moved to the 3 other schools in our region, Daegyo High, Sechang High, or SooChang Boys High."

 

 

   Baekhyun and Jieun both rose from their seats, following the principal outside. There were a herd of students all gathered outside watching them from afar. It wasn't too hard for the students to tell that Baekhyun was going to get transferred to another school, because any sign of violence was a bad virtue to a Musician's attitude.

 

 

 

   "Do you just give up when things get hard? Is that who you are?"

Baekhyun stopped in his tracks to hear a familiar voice call after him. It was a voice that was slurred in tears, a voice he recognized just too well. He slowly turned around, seeing Jieun in a battlefield of tears.

 

 

   Baekhyun had no sympathy though, because he knew it was one of her acts to make him stay.

 

 

"Why, Why would you care? You're just a silver linin there to help me and Suzy. Suzy.." Baekhyun's voice faded, realising he had made his decision without even thinkin about Suzy. Jieun felt a pang in her heart, how he could only think of her and only her until the end.

 The person who would sacrifice themself just for him was right there.Infront of him.

 

 

 

"You don't take anything Seriously. You rmember that day we met in the narrow alley? When i bumped by arms and i coincidentally met you? I did it all on purpose. I did it just so that i could see you." Jieun's tears dried up, going into a swell mode.

 

 

 

   Baekhyun watched her neutrally, no feelings.

 

 

 

"Is it that hard for you to notice? Why i'm always so nice to you? You knew i liked you. I can tell you did. Yet you toyed with my feelings like i wasa puppet. You curled my strings and hopes up so hard. In class when you kiss Suzy and run your fingers through her soft locks, when you lean over to help her with her homework, or when you just even smile at her. It hurts me too much.. Is it too hard for you to realise that when i said i liked you, i meant it?"

 

 

 

    Baekhyun was silent once more.

 

 

 

"How do you think it makes me feel when you expect me to sing a love song for my crush dating my best friend? I lost everything because of this stolid love. I lost my only friend i had in life, i lost my dignity, my pride, reputation, i gave everything away just so that i could like you. So that i could love you. "

 

 

 

   Jieun sniffld, seein that her confession made no difference to him, as he stood there watchin her with neutral eyes.

 

 

 

"You know, when i heard about how your parents broke up and came together with SooJin's, it hurt, right? It hurt so bad that the person you loved made such a stupid decision yet you can't do anything about it bcause you love them too much and it hurts to break the special thing they've found?"

 

 

 

"Shut up." Baekhyun hissed, forming a fist. But Jieun wasn't scared, no. If he was going to hit her, it didn't matter no more. Because, her confession would be the one which would end her love, forever.

 

 

 

 

"When you feel like your whole life has crumbled down because your one person made that stupid little decision? That you lost everything? Well because of mystupid decision to like you, i lost everything. Just like how you did."

 

 

 

"I said Shut up.." Baekhyun growled under his breath.

 

 

 

 

"I thought. When i lost everything, the reality hit me. Did i really lose this and go through all this pain for a person who has no goal, no achievements, no hope, no consideration for people in their lives? It was really hard for me to send my bestfriend away when she was the only person who accepted me as a social freak.. she would become a social freak with me. i'm correct, right? So this is the last time i'm saying this to you."

 

 

 

 

   Jieun sighed takin a step forward.

 

 

 

 

 

"Pain and Suffering is inevitable for a large intellegence and a deep heart. Baekhyun, i know somewhere in your heart that you care about everyone. I know you still love your father after he destroyed your life. Because no matter how much you hate this person, you can't live without them. I know somewhere in your heart you know truly what i feel.. But, i realise over time.. Not all Unrequited love can come true.. and i guess this was one whre it just wasn't meant to be.."

 

 

 

   A single drop of tears came dripping down onto her cheek.

 

 

 

 

"And I guess the only way i can live is to forget you, but i can't live as i forget you.. I can't. So if it means i have to die everyday, it will be worth it. Because.. I'm going to forget about you Baekhyun. Loving someone.. It's not easy. I know that life isn't easy but for once.. I want to take the easy path, even if it means pain."

 

 

 

 

 

   Jieun took another step forward Baekhyun until she reached his hand. She placed a small letter in his hand and backed away.

 

 

 

 

 

"Don't read it until you arrive at your new school.. and.."

 

 

 

 

 

Jieun wiped her face, forcing a smile. Even if it was ugly, she wanted to send him off for the last time with a smile, not tears. It felt as she was makin the worst decision of her life. She didn't want to let him go, her mind was screaming at her to slap herself and kiss him, but her body wasn't following her. She slowly backed away, facing him for the last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm confessin this to you as a friend, not a woman. I guess if this is the end, it's goodbye.."

 

 



Sorreh

Short chapter

But i hoped you like itt