16: The real truth

The Silver Lining

 



  She's the only person who truly loved you. You can't do this to her.

 

 

Just do it, she already forgot about you. She's not worth a dime.

 

 

 

Do you really want to do this to somone who broke their heart just for you?

 

 

 

 

 

   Baekhyun got off the taxi, standing before the statewide Seoul Hospital. The nurses in white, the doctors, the patients, the innocent visitors.. They all would have no idea that soon, a murderer would be stepping into this hospital.

 Baekhyun's hands were trembling. With the hand he wrote love music thinking of Jieun, would be the hand to kill her with. It was hard to believe- but that was the only way to save SooJin.

 

  From his past, SooJin was nothing than a cattish half related sister who was always plotting revenge on him. Once his girlfriend in middle school, forever a enemy. But what had happened between the two that Baekhyun came to treasure her and save her upto the point he has to sacrifice his own love?

 

 

~4 YEARS AGO 2014: 7TH OF JULY~

 

 

  "Can you promise me one thing.. Son?"  Baekhyun's father laid in the hospital bed, glancing at Baekhyun who stood there still angered at his father. Since middle school, his fury towards his father was the same. things just had never changed. He could never forgive his father for just letting go of someone whom Baekhyun loved so much.

 

  "Baekhyun.. Please.." His father croaked, coughing blood. Baekhyun flinched, wiping his mouth then taking a seat next to him. Although he was supposed to be angry, he did feel a bit of sympathy towards his father. He had been discovered with Heart cancer with all his smoking over the years, and this was his 3rd month in hospital.

  "What..?" Baekhyun replied absentmindedly. He averted eye contact with his father, staring at the wall clock tick.

 

 'You've got to understand.." his father placed his hand over his own son, who was pushing him away even at this crucial moment. the big family secret was to be spillt.

 

  "What happened with your mother wasn't what really happened.."

 

  Baekhyun turned his head, his eyes widening. 'What? What father? You have to tell me everything." He gripped his father's hands firm, waiting for a response.

  His father grinned. This was the first time he had actually held hands with his son for more than 2 seconds.

 

 

 "Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her.. " He whispered, just loud enough for Baekhyun to hear. Things were becoming inaudible to Baekhyun except for the echo of his own father's voice.

 

 

  Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

Your mother.. The truth is.. I didn't leave her..

 

 

 

"What are you saying Dad?!" Baekhyun's voice was slurring with his own sorrow. what if his mother had left and he was hating on his father all this time? things were getting so regrettable.

 

  "That day.. When grandmother's ash vase was cracked in the house.. That day was the day your mother told me that she was pregnant with another man's baby..  I got so angry.. She had shamed the entire household.. Instead of feeling sorry, she cracked grandmother's vase and cursed that she didn't deserve to be in such a household.. She.. She ran off with the money in the safe and never came back.. When i was cleaning mother's ashes, that was when you had walked into the room seeing me like that.."
 

 

"D..dad.."

 

 

"I'm sorry son.. I was going to tell you when you were old enough.. But when you would not speak to me at all, it was not easy for me to tell you any of this..  Even if i had, you would have doubted me.."

 

 

 

"Why didn't you tell me that night..? When mother had left?" Baekhyun asked, a tear dripping down onto the floor.

 

 

 

"You had loved your mother so much.. I didn't want to hurt you.. I didn't want you to grow up with such pain in your heart.. Maybe, if you grew up hating me- it would have been better and easier than trying to hate someone who you loved your entire life.." Baekhyun's father paused, coughing. "I loved your mother very much.. But i don't think.. SHe felt the same.."

 

 

 

  "Why..? Why would you do that..? Why would you make me hate you for something you didn't even do..?" Baekhyun sobbed. He buried his face inside his father's arms, crying. Everything was a misunderstanding this whole time. Maybe if he had listened to his father earlier..

 

 Maybe..

 

 

 

"Baekhyun. I have a favour to ask of you.."

 

 

 

"WHat is it father..?"

 

 

 

"Will you promise me.. That you will look after SooJin..? Protect her no matter what.. She's your real sister.."

 

 

 

 

"What?! What are you saying? Don't do this to me.."

 

 

 

 

"I made a big mistake..When your mother was pregnant with you.. She wasn't the only woman that got pregnant that night.. Another woman.. Your step mother.. i was foolish.. I was young.. I didn't know what i had done.. But she had gotten pregnant also.. with SooJin.. I.. i blocked your step-mother out of my life until your mother found out about everything.. i guess this was her revenge.."

 

 

  He glanced at his son, who sat there with tears into his jaw dropped mouth. He was huffing, he couldn't belive the reality he was hearing.

 

 

 

"I request of you.. I'm not asking for your forgiveness.. If you're angry at me.. But please, protect your sister.. To me, you two are the most precious jewels i ever had.. And remember.. A real man doesn't use his fist until the last resort.."

 

 

-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP--

flatline.jpeg

 

 

 

~END~

 

 

  To Baekhyun, love was important but there was nothing important than the honour to his family at this crucial momnt. He had promised his father he would protect his sister no matter what.

 

  "Father.. Don't make me regret this.." Baekhyun murmured under his breath. He entered the hospital, seeing the doctor running towards the emergency room with a head bleeding patient on the roller bed. his steps felt uneasy everytime he saw each patient. Would his father really want him using death to save his sister?

 

  He walked upto the reception, facing a innocent nurse grinning at him. "May i help you?" She asked, constantly clicking on the mouse which connected to the computer. He gulped. This was it.

 

   "Which room is Patient Lee Jieun currently assigned to?" He asked, trying his hardest not to bring out his fear. He was so busy shaking that he hadn't even noticed that he was sweating all over his head.

 

  "Sir, are you alright?" The nurse asked, raising an eyebrow. "Would you like some tissues?"

 

 

"N..no it's fine.." Baekhyun refused, wiping all the sweat off with his hands. The nurse nodded slowly, clicking away to find the room for Lee Jieun.  "Patient Lee Jieun should be in room 402. That's the third floor." She nodded, diverting back to her computer. Baekhyun thanked the nurse inaudibly.

 

 

 

   Standing infront of the lift, he felt his heart sinking. there were all these men in black suits, surrounding him. There were doctors who did not have much of a friendly instinct. They were all so serious, and if anyone were to touch their patients- they would be kickd out through the window probably.

 

  Baekhyun was startled at the ding of the elevator. The door slowly slid open, and Baekhyun entered amongst all the doctors the men in the business suits. It was indeed frightening. What if one of these doctors caught him doing it? WHat was he going to say? that in order to save his sister, he gave up the life of another?

 

 

  Things were getting even harder for Baekhyun. it seemed like a short time before the elevator arrived on the third floor. the doctors all stayed on the lift, which was a relief for Baekhyun.

 

  He fixed his eyes onto the rooms which followed him as he walked through the corridors. 397,398, the rooms followed before he reached the 400 unit.

 

  He felt so uneasy. It was already suspicious enough that he hadn't come with a bouquet of flowers, or even a gift. Plus, he was so raggered up, almost like he was ready to kill somone..!

 

 

 

  'Whatever.. it's all going to be done in a second.." Baekhyun murmured entering the 402 room. There was an air purifier which fogged the room. It was hard to see where eveything was in the midst of the fog. Maybe this was a warning to sto Baekhyun, he thought.

   He felt like turning back every single time, but that misunderstanding with his father didn't allow him. Was there really any use fulfilling the promise of a dead person?

 

 

 

  He blew the fog away, letting his feet take him to Jieun's bed.  Baekhyun flinched, seeing Jieun lay on the bed. He saw her wrist, and even the white bandage was stained in blood. The heart moniter was just barely jumping over the line- trying its hardest not to go into a straight line.

  "Lee Jieun.." He gasped, trancing his eyes to her bloody wrist. "What happened to you.. Was it your Boyfriend.." His voice croaked. He took a seat next to her, glancing at her shut eyelids. 

 

  "You know.. You're really pretty Lee Jieun.. Did i mention?" Baekhyun chuckled, murmuring to himself. "Whether you're listening or not.. I have something so important to tell you.."

 

 

 

  Baekhyun shifted from his seat, feeling uncomfortable. He practised stretching his hand towards her mask, but withdrew it within seconds. Although it was such simple actions, it was still such a big step.

 

 "I found out.. That SooJin was my real sister.. Turns out that we had the same father.. And that..  I should have really been mad at my mother.. WHen all this time.. i blamed my father when he was trying to protect me.." He nodded silently, fiddling with his fingers.

  "And my father passed away right after he had told me this..  He told me that.. He wanted me to protect my sister no matter what.. At first, i really didn't want to protect her, or anyone.. But as time went by, i realis that without her as my family.. I have no one."

 

 

 

  Baekhyun stood up, walking towards Jieun's bed. "And you remember Suzy..? This may come in a bit of a shock.. But Suzy kpet my sister captive.. SooJin is nearly close to dead.. Suzy told me that.. i could save my sister, but there was only one way.. She told me that.. In order for my sister to live.. You had to die for her.."

 

  Baekhyun placed his fingers on her mask.

 

 

 

"I'm so sorry i have to do this.. But there's no way you're really wakng up.. Nobody really wakes up from trauma shock that easily.. My cousins all had it, they never woke up and died.." Baekhyun cringed his eyes.

 

   His body was shaking so hard. Underneath that mask was Jieun, sleeping peacefully not knowing anything.  "I know that.. Jieun, you'll never forgive me.. But that doesn't matter.."

 

 

  Baekhyun held her neck, slipping off the string which was tied around her back head. He took it off, only leaving the oxygen mask dangling on her face. Baekhyun sighed, placing his hands on the mask once again.

 

 

 

  "I'm not asking for your forgiveness.. I'm sorry.."

 

 

 

 

 

-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-


 

  Baekhyun sobbed. He backed away, with the clear mask in his hands. He stared at the heart machine, seeing the same thing he saw when his father passed away. The green line couldn't be any more straighter. Jieun laid on her bed, her chest no longer breathing.

  She was so still..

 

 

 

  "NO! THIS ISN'T IT!" Baekhyun threw the mask on the floor, screaming in pain.

 

 

 

 

"YOU FOOL! DO SOMETHING! Why.." Baekhyun screamed at Jieun, no longer alive. SHe just remaind there, laying so peacefully as she slept.

 

 

  This was it. He had finally saved his sister. But why did it hurt so much? He was starting to regret the whole thing. SooJin had been so horrible to Jieun through high school, and at the end- Jieun was the one who had to die for her. Even Baekhyun was feeling this enormous pain and responsibility..

 

 

 

 

  'Who are you and what have you done?!"

 

 

 

 

 

 Jihoo and Chanwoo burst through the door, welcomed by the tears of Baekhyun, Jieun without a mask,

 

 

 

 

 

and the heartless beating of the machine..

 

 

 



Thanks guise so much for reading~~

This story is nearly ending soon T_T i feel so sad even myself -_-

I'm probably going to make a sequel or something, except its like the other way around.

lol im not gonna spoil too much :333333

 

Anyway~ leave a comment and upvote if you havent already

please i BEG U

 

UPVOTEEEE!!! T__T

jiyeon-cry.gif?w=593