08

The Silver Lining

 

 

 

 

  "Looks like things are going well with Luhan?" Baekhyun asked the next day, as Jieun exited her dormitory with her bookbag on her shoulders. He laughed as he placed a chuppa chups in his mouth, making a bulge in his cheeks. Jieun watched him fascinatedly, turnin away when she met eyes with him.

  "DO you want one too? I have Lemon flavour." Baekhyun took a small lollipop from his pocket. "Sorry, it's not Chupa Chups." He said absentmindly. Jieun smiled and accepted, slipping it in her front pocket.

 

   "WHy aren't you eating it now?" He asked, offended that Jieun had rejcted to eat his lollipop at that exact moment.

 

"I just brushed my teeth.. Plus sweets aren't good for morning brains.."

 

"Hmm true. You'll need to save up lots since you're getting a 45% all the time." He sniggered, nudging Jieun lightly. Jieun scowled, punching his arms really hard, taking lead. "I was Joking! Sheese.. You're ugly when you scowl.. You know that? You can see your small mustache there." He sniggered, once again.

 

  Man, his jokes were getting worse.

 

"Oh my gosh!" Jieun retorted before she disappeared into the corner, annoyed. In truth, Jieun found it really adoable that Baekhyun could make such jokes, and that he was a quirky child. It was addictive to watch him on that little lollipop with his adult body, it felt as she was watching a 5 year old at a theme park on his big lollipop.

 

  'What are you smiling about?" Luhan popped out of nowhere.

 

"Oh, it's you again.." Jieun said, downright.

 

"Why, am i not good enough? Should i kiss you again?" He joked. Jieun glared at him before walking right past him into the library. She skipped 1st period again, bcause she couldn't bare seeing Suzy and Baekhyun sitting together making love at the back of the classroom.

 

  "Why aren't you going to 1st period?" Luhan asked, as he took a seat next to Jieun.

 

"I always skip first period.. I'm not the type to study and take classes so early in the morning, i need to take some time off and exercise my brain before the oficial thing starts."

 

"Or you're just avoiding someone?"

 

Jieun glared at him, diverting back to her studies.

 

"Sorry. I thought that You were avoiding Suzy and Baekhyun altogether in the class."

 

"Wh.."

 

"It's pretty obvious Jieun. You don't have to hide it from me. I used to spend my Junior years doing that too.." Luhan said, exaggerating the last part. Jieun's ears lit up, poking Luhan for more.

 

"WHat? You? Tell me more."

 

"Nah.. It's my own matters.."

 

"And you helping me revenge on someone you don't know is? Some crap you are saying.. Spill it."

 

Luhan sighed, before he turned his chair 90 degrees, to face Jieun. He lookd around the surroundings to make sure there were no students around, and he began.

 

"It was the last year of Middle school.. You know Park SooJin? I.. used to like her.."

 

"You?! Park SooJin?!" Jieun gasped, choking on her own saliva. her eyes were tearing up hearing the most crappiest sentence of the day, that someone actually used to like Park SooJin.

 

"Shutup.. Someone will hear.." Luhan lookd around, at Jieun.

 

"Why did you like her?!" She hissed, frowning.

 

"Why, can't i like her? It's the same for you liking Baekhyun.. Anyway. The thing was in the third year of middle school, Baekhyun was dating SooJin.. You'd know, yeah? The thing was.. I really liked SooJin but she kept on treating me as a  non existing person.. I spent whole 3 years trying to win her heart over but she just.. she just ended up hurting me.. She broke up with Baekhyun after like 5 months but she told me she wouldn't date me if i was the last guy on earth.."

 

'Why..?"

 

"She hates chinese people.." He sighed, turning back to his own seat.

 

 Jieun murmured to herself. "It's a good thing you're over her now. She was a total ."

 

"Who says i was over her..?"

 

"What?!" Jieun gasped, slamming her fist on the table. "Are you saying you still like her?! ater 6 years you crazy little mong?!"

 

"Oi.." Luhan hissed. "Baekhyun was the one who called me a silver lining to SooJin. I was just a silver lining. He told me that SooJin would never fall for someone like me. Never. Because of SooJin i spent my midnights studying Korean when i could have grown taller sleeping early. I perfected everything just for SooJin. Infact, i came to Kirin arts because i wanted to be with her. My dream wasn't to bcom some prettyface making a mess on television. I wanted to become a cook, who helped the starving children in Samoa and travel around the world helping people, and i haven't given up."

 

'Wow.." Jieun gasped, disgusted. "I wonder why they broke up.."

 

"Come here." Luhan whispered. "Nobody knows this secret but me. I'm telling you bcause i can trust that you will keep this secret in order to attain a successful revenge." He paused, before h went on.

 

"It was On the day right before they broke up. I was on my way home after my science tutorial and then i saw SooJin getting physically harrassed by some guy in the corner.. I was going to go and lik save her, but then i stopped when i saw it was Baekhyun who had rammed his fist into her face, like literally. I was so shocked."

 

"Go on." Jieun sniggered, loving it.

 

"Then Baekhyun just poured the whole story like he was trying to tell the whole world or somthing.. If i tidy it up, Apparently when they were in 3rd grade of middle school when this all happened. Like i said, when they were dating, it must have been a real bummer for Baekhyun becuase well.." He paused. "Apparently his parents had a big past."

 

   Luhan stopped, ending it there.

 

"Explain," Jieun sighed in annoyance. "You really know how to turn people off, you know?"

 

"I don't know.. It's sort of their private business.."

 

"Oh wow, you hated Baekhyun for taking SooJin away and now you're respecting him? Stop bullting and tell me everything. It's important for me to know as well so i make no mistakes or see something i shouldn't see on my revenge."

 

"Fine.. You can't tell anyone. Promise?"

 

"But.. you said the whole school knew.."

 

"I said the whole school knew that Baekhyun's dad and SooJin's mother were living together, not this."

 

"What?!"

 

"Okay so apparently, in 2nd grade of middle school SooJin committed a really big theft stealing at this 5 star bar at midniht because her mother had financial problems and her mother put her upto it. Obviously SooJin got caught, but she was just a mere teenager at the time. Her mother ended up getting arrested but her husband decided to take the blame and he went in Jail, and behind his back apparently she's cheating with Baekhyun's father."

 

'W..what about Baekhyun's mother?"

 

"In a ditch, obviously. He ditched her and now she's some stripper at some club i overheard. Not too sureabout that. Baekhyun's mother was young, she was only like 35 and she had a really nice figure so you'd think she would be 25 or something. Anyway..This is big news right.. It seems like something that would only happen in a drama.."

 

 

 

 

"Yeah. So much for keeping a secret."

 

A dee voice came from behind as Luhan and Jieun, startled from their seats looked back. Luhan's jaws dropped as he saw Baekhyun standing there with his two fists clenched in his hands.

 

    Jieun was afraid, bcause she had never seen that side of Baekhyun before.

 

 

"B..baekhyun! When were you here? Haha.. we're just.. talking! Wanna join us?"

 

 

"Baekhyun.. Chill, we weren't talking abouyt anything that serious.."

 

 

"Shut up. Your face can Join my fist." Baekhyun thudded as Baekhyun punched Luhan in the face so hard, that a loud puncturing sound echoed the library, and Luhan fell face first onto the carpet unconscious with blood dripping all over his face.

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing?! You're MAD!!" Jieun screeched, too scared to even lean down to Luhan. She took her steps away from Baekhyun, afraid. She certainly knew Luhan wasn't lying, now. If Jieun wasn't careful, he could punch her just like how he punchd SooJin.

 

 

 

"Me? I'm Mad? Who's the one prying on my personality? I think you deserve one too." Baekhyun rolled up his sleeves as his face went red. He was afraid about hitting Jieun but it wasn't as he could take back his words, as the whole class in the library was watching him, murmuring against themselves.

 

 

"What are you doing.." Jieun asked, backin away as Baekhyun followed her in her slow steps.

 

 

 

 

 

     Jieun fell to the floor, clutching her cheeks as thy stung so hard. Baekhyun had slapped her, with the same hand he had used to Punch SooJin and to literally destroy Luhan's flower face. Jieun could cry at the moment. It hurt so much more mentally, bcause she didn't really think that he would hit her, more because she liked him.

   Now she wasn't sure whether what she saw Baekhyun as.

 

 

A monster? Or still her one time crush?

 

 

 

 

 

 

   Then a voice came from afar,

 

 

 

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, you are hereby expelled from Kirin arts high school and your license to become a entertainer in South Korea is now detained.

 

 

 

 

 



Sorry for the lack of update T_T

i have a maths test this thursday and heaps of exams next week

so im packed with studies D:

and so yeah this chapter wasn't that good -_- but

please leave a comment thankyou!

 

OH, and guise please check out my new story

 

Inside the Doll House

 

it's about where Lee Jieun's four doll sets she received from her brother

came alive to help her fit in with the world but then

she realises she's slowly falling for them?! LOL idek about that ending..

sounds too common, maybe i'll change it :3

Anyway please subscribe and upvote!

tumblr_mj70tqvVo71rq6gduo1_250.gif