18

The Silver Lining

 

 

 

Introduction to love <-- Baek Ah Yeon



  I just want to make a point, throughout the story i may have said "Jiwoo" And then "Jihoo", that was becaus even i got confused about the names, but they are all the same people! One of my good readers pointed that out XD



 

  Jiwoo and Chanwoo followed the funeral administrators upto the big cemetary where all the other graves lay. It was not particularly a nice feeling, because sooner or later they all knew that they would end up there too.

  They followed the person , upto a marbl stone chamber. there was a heavy chain lock embedding the door. The administrator unlocked the chain, and it wnt dropping onto the floor with the heap of dust rising upon them. Although Chanwoo and Jiwoo had refused that Jieun's ashes were kept inside this chamber, unortunately it wasn't upto them to make the decision.

  It was apparent that Jieun had made the favour to be buried in the chamber of anonymous, where nobody would ever recognie her existance.

 

  'Excuse me.." Jiwoo gripped the assistant's arm. She looked back, revealing the ash bag which was placed firmly in her hands.  Jiwoo flinched at the sight, seeing how his first love was in a bag, right before his eyes. It wasn't something that you could take in so easily, it was almost like it had inflicted too much pain on you to realise that you were hurting.

 

  "Yes?"

 

"Here." Jiwoo slipped a small note from underneath his black blazer. Everyone, including Chanwoo watched in surprise as the administrator grunted and slowly unfolded the white piece of paper. It took a moment before she read the page, she locked up the chamber and passed the ash bag into Jiwoo's hands.

 

  "Very well then.. Good luck with her.." The woman croaked, clearing the mucus stuck down . She locked the big key attached on the thick chain and made her way down the marble pathway, disappearing into the little cremation building. Chanwoo stared at Jiwoo in amazement. He had actually been able to do something useful with that mouth of his.

 

 "So?" Chanwoo asked, putting his arms around Jiwoo's shoulders. "Was it one of you forged signatures? You know you swore it over Jieun's ashes."

 

"I didn't study my caligraphy for nothing." Jiwoo chuckled softly. No matter how relieved he felt now, he just couldn't bring himself to laugh so heartedly.

 

 "But there's someone we need to visit Chanwoo. This probably will mean alot to this person.." Jiwoo murmured. Jiwoo had contemplated on this all night, and he had finall brought himself to it- no matter how much his heart refused to.

 

"Who?"

 

"Her first love. First love." Jiwoo said lightly, looking up. the surface was so dark and negative, yet the sky was so clear and bright. Jiwoo knew.. She would be up there, she's at a better place now..

 

"Is that even necessary? How do you know who her first love is?" Chanwoo retorted, raising an eyebrow. To Song chanwoo, it just seemed as Jiwoo was minding Jieun's life, but he wasn't indeed. He was keeping a promise he had made.. 3 years ago.

 

 

"Because.. She told me.. She told me there are things she wants to apoligize to this certain boy.. "

 

 



 

   "Here?" Chanwoo raised an eyebrow. That was his job all day really, cringing at Jiwoo's stupendities. The two stood outside a prison, the prison in which Jieun's first love contained in. "Her first love is in prison?"

  "Can you stop asking so much questions?" Jiwoo retorted, iritated. He entered through the visitors door, where inside there were a few people seated among the plastic chairs waiting for their inteview with their missed ones on the other side of the soundproof glass wall.

  The common meet time was Three o'clock, which meant that they had to wait another ten minutes before the sound proof walls would be activated. The two took a seat on the chairs lined amongst the stained wall, staring into the soundproof interview wall glass infront of them.

 

 

  It was a horrible feeling, after a few minutes how everything would be blocked and you have to go back into absoulete crepuscule, whilest the ones you love could go through that wall which separates them from the world- and Hell.

 

"You know.. that guy in Jieun's hospital room.. Who took the Oxygen mask off her.. That's her first love.." Jiwoo whispered Incoherantly.

  "Don't make Jokes here.. Not in such a place.."

 

"Do you think after everything that's happened, i would make such a joke? I have wits too. His name was.. Byun Baekhyun. She specifically asked me that.. I pass him something.. She said it is of great meaning.."

 

"Are you serious? And you knew it but didn't even think that telling me would be a choice?" Chanwoo sat up at the edge of his seat, making over the edge hand gestures towards himself.

  "I mean.. Even if i told you.. Can you bring Jieun back? There's not much point.. Plus, She wanted it to be her own personal matter.."

 "Then why do you know about it?"

"Because.. she knows.. That even if the world ends, her secrets would still never be told."

'Where do you get that confidence.." Chanwoo rolled his eyes. "We shouldn't be saying such stuff like Can you bring Jieun back? Things that have been done have been done and there's a purpose for everything. I'm sure..  If Jieun was present today, she would be spending another day of great misery.. Joongki still hasn't changed after all this."

 

"Everyone please proceed to the Meeting desks." The speaker hung on the top corner of the room vibrated. Everyon shifted silently, taking a seat on the desk infront of them. Through that thick soundproof glass, laid another black chair and beneath it, ust the floor dusted with coal.

  A big creak echoed, before one of the officers opened the big poled door, letting the prisoners inside to the meeting desks. Sobbing and gasping filled the room, but there was obviously no surprise there for Jiwoo and Chanwoo who faced Byun Baekhyun, just staring into space.

 

  Jiwoo placed the Ash bag infront of the glass, where Baekhyun could see. He slowly raised his head, watching the two boys with his swollen eyes. He was still crying, like he had been in his entire first week at prison, his new home for the rest of his life.

 

  'We didn't come here because we wanted to." Jiwoo phonated unwelcomingly. "We're doing this 100% all for Jieun." He slipped a letter from the inside pocket of his black blazer. He unfolded it slowly and read the letter before he was able to read it to Baekhyun for the final time.

 

"She.. she wrote a letter for you.. before she died.. She told me she would never be at peace if you didn't get to hear what she had to say to you.."

 

Baekhyun only nodded, listening in.

 

 

"Dear Baekhyun..

 

There are times when the person you used to love so much becomes a stranger,

When you don't even make a single call to the person you used to call your bestfriend,

When the people you used to hate to death become the people you laugh with,

As time passes.. These things all become forgotten..

Don't blame the person who changed,

and don't hold back the person who left,

Just like how the spring goes and the winter comes..

I just want you to know.. that day, when i met you at the concert..

It felt like my heart had been flipped over.

I missed you.. Over the 5 years i tried so hard to forget your existance

but i just couldn't do it.. At the concert, when i saw you.. I wanted to just

tell you.. That i was very sorry..  That i couldn't be there for you..

I didn't want to just walk past you and ignore you like we were strangers..

I felt so angry, i thought it was because you chose Suzy over me.. But..

I realise i was really angry because i forced myself to try and shut you out of my life..

I've met so many guys, did what i want, ate what i want, even had my first kiss,

but you.. You waited all this this time just for me..

I want you to know.. I never really hated you..

All this time i was with Joongki, i felt as i was happy..

but really, i was forcing myself to be happy, when i wasn't happy at all..

For me, i always thought that the way i lived was wrong.. that i shouldn't even be alive..

And i realise, that..

First love is your true love. And Byun Baekhyun, you're my first love-

no matter what you've done.

 

 

Jiwoo hesitated at the last part, making a fist. But he continued.

 

 

Why did it take me so long to realise that.. you're the one?

It's like.. I wanted you to know, but i didn't want to tell you."

 

 

  Jiwoo diverted his eyes to Baekhyun, only to find him cryin hysterically in his spot. Jiwoo had no sympathy for him whatsoever. After all, he had killed Jiwoo's first love and it wasn't exactly pleasant when you had to tell somone that your first love, loves someon else.

 

 

  "We're burying Jieun's ashes near the tree groves. She.." Jiwoo paused. he gave Baekhyun a dirty look, before he continued on what he had to say. "She wants you to bury."

  Jiwoo rose from his seat roughly, cursing under his breath as he left the room.

 

"We'll file a leaver form so you can.. do that. 27th of April, Remember that." Chanwoo blurted as he chased after Jiwoo, who was nowhere to be seen anywhere inside the building. Chanwoo had never seen this side of Jiwoo, because as much of a sensntive person he was- he had never shown his weak side in.. forever.

 

  It's just love that changes people..

 

 

"Kwon Jiwoo.." Chanwoo called out, planting a sympathetic face on his face as he approached Jiwoo who was sitting by the steps, crying. Really, Chanwoo wondered if there was ever anything he could do to just.. help Jiwoo move on. Maybe if Jieun had been alive- at least he would know that he could still see her, but this wasn't even the case.

 

  "Don't feel any sympathy for me..  It hurts my pride.." Jiwoo sounded as he was getting suffocated with all his tears. He was constantly panting at his failure to contain his sadness every single time.

  "Is this really the time to worry about your pride?! Kwon Jiwoo.. Please wake up!! You're not the only person who's in pain alright? Really in retrospect, a man shouldn't even be crying over such things. It's so hard for me too.." Chanwoo finally feigned hurt and clutched his heart.

 

  "What are you going to do now.. You pretty much ditched your chance to go to Medical school.."

 

 

"Medical school isn't important.. what's th point if i can't save her anymore.." Jiwoo said bluntly, looking at the white clouds shuffling around in the sky. "The moment in my life which really made my life worthwhile was when.. i had the belief that i could cure Jieun both mentally and physically.. that really motivated me.. but now.."

 

  "Kwon Jiwoo.. It's time to move on.. You have to stop devoting your entire life to one person who in the end.. didn't choose you. This means that you have to start your entire medical school studies again.. that's another 5 years of study.. "

 

"And then..?"

 

"What?"

 

"After i get into Medical school.. After i become a doctor.. After i cure all the sick people.. Just always sitting there filling out forms and injecting needles into tan fat kids.. I'll never be happy.. They'll all go home to their loved ones but i'll always be there, alone.."

 

  "I'm saying this as a sincere friend Kwon Jiwoo.. But.. I really don't think i can help you anymore..After all.. it's your own life.. You choose the path you want to take.. Your friends are the street signs.. But in the end, it's you who has to choose the direction.. Just.. Make the right choice and don't regret all this.. She's gone."

 

  "Then which way.. are you showing me to go right now..?"

 

"The right way. Maybe, this will do you good." Chanwoo passed a small paper ball scrunched into Jiwoo's palms and walked out the prison gate, cutting into a corner. Jiwoo stared blankly at the paper, and began unfolding it. There were too much creases on the paper but he could make out the words.

 

 

 

  Jiwoo stood up, not knowing what to believe. What on earth was happening?

 

 

 

He had to get to switzerland and fast, before someone else died and ends up like Jieun alive.

 

 

 

Just what was written in the note?

 

 

 



I'm planning to make the next chapter the last chapter peoples lol

So yeah~ it's going to be pretty long but not that long ^0^ thanks for enduring

with my writing XDD

tumblr_mllz7wzZHJ1rwmyi8o1_250.gif