10: 5 Years later

The Silver Lining

 

5

    Years

               Later..



 

      Jieun tugged the arms of her new boyfriend, happily. It had already been two years since she had graduated from High school, and five years since she hadn't seen Baekhyun. A whole five years..

 

  Although she was happy with her current life, She had always wondered.. What would Baekhyun be doing now? Had he gotten married? What occupation is he doing now? Is he still the same? And the same went for Suzy too. Although her boyfriend had at least 5 years difference with her, it didn't matter because love was just a number.

 

 

    Just five years ago, she thought she could never ever fall in love ever again after what she had done with Baekhyun. She was afraid that whenever she loved someone, it would always end in pain. But no, this time it was different. She had found someone who loved her just the way she was, and nothing more.

 

 

   And her big phase of a Social outcast soon was history, as she was considered as a normal girl in her University of arts, where she was heading towards a life as a composer. She had given up on her dream as a singer, bcause she just couldn't find the confidence to go on television, when Suzy and Baekhyun could be watching her.

 

   "Jieun ah, Are you hungry?" Her new Boyfriend Song Joongki (A/N LAWLL new surprise character ;D) ruffled her bangs and put his arms around her. They were almost like a match made in heaven.

 

   "Not really, no. Oppa, remember the other day we read that poster about that small outdoor concert near Bundang? Can we go there? My studies are already so crammed and i just want a break.." Jieun groaned, pretending to massage her neck. Secretly, she just wanted to spend time with her new Oppa. They had only been dating for a year, but it felt as she knew him for a century.

 

 

   "Lee Jieun. You're always tired." Joongki chuckled as he nudged Jieun lightly. "Alright.. Just for today. I saw your homework club the other day, you were the only one talking to your friend YooJin about me and how i was such a great boyfriend," Joongki paused to smile. "When YooJin was actually trying to work."

 

 

     'What's wrong with that Oppa~? You secretly liked it, didn;t you?" Jieun chortled. "Anyway, this concert is really special to me.. It's a concert for someone i haven't seen in a long time.."

 

"Who?"

 

 

"Someone i haven't seen in two years.. I just want to see how he's doing right now."

 

 

"A he? Were you cheating on me Jieun?" Joongki joked, smiling.

 

 

"No.. Nothing like that," Jieun smiled faintly. "Just someone who taught me the last lessons of love.."

 

 


 

  

         >>Fast Forward: 6:30PM<<

 

 

  Joongki and Jieun had arrived at the little outdoor concert hall near Bundang. There weren't too much people, as at least half the plastic seats were empty. The audience didn't seem very enthralling either, as some of them started leaving one by one. The stage was rather tacky, decorated with little stick on velcros from the $2 dollar shop, and there was a neon floor which seemed to be the only modern thing there.

    The camera men at the back were slowly getting bored, all laid back talking to each other.

 

   There was a banner at the top of the stage which read:  Baekhyun's First Love: Concert Edition

 

 

  "Are you sure you want to come to something this tacky..? I can help you find some better concerts than this.." Joongki looked around, seeing little children who looked as they came from North Korea. There were old ladies in their 40s sittin at the front rows all excited for Baekhyun to come out.

 

   "No. Let's stay. I want to see this." Jieun held Joongki's wrist, seating him on the 5th row from the back. SHe stared at the stage solenmly, glancing at all the cheap decorations. Inside, Jieun was hurting bad. Had Baekhyun given up his entire life to turn into some rookie singer which nobody even appreciated?

 

   "Alright then.. Maybe it's good music, I'll try it." Joongki murmured to himself slipping out his phone. He began texting someone at the speed of light, his fingers fuzzy to see them clearly.

 

"Who are you texting?" Jieun asked quietly.

 

"My sister. I was going to watch some romantic flick with her today, but you know my sister.. She's the worst." Joongki said wretchedly, shoving his phone back inside his bag after he had finished texting. Jieun looked around the audience, seeing that only 20% of the seats were filled. She could recognise a few people from her high school, especially Baekhyun's little gang sitting near the edge. They hadn't changed at all.

 

 

  Except, it all seemed as they were single,broke for money, and still immature as still from High school. Jieun could see a boy with banages wrapped around his zygomatic bones, which must have been Luhan. She remembered that after Baekhyun had punched him, the doctor had reported that his recovery would take at least an year, or two at the max.

 

 

 

~Two Years Ago~

 

Luhan laid still on the patient bed in the emergency room, Jieun sitting by his side. His entire facew as wrapped in white bandages like a mummy, except for his eyes and mouth. His eyes wer severly bruised around the corners, and his lips had exploded with dry blood on the side.

 

  Luhan had a machine connected to his brain, because with his severly broken jaw, he was not able to make out any communication and therefore had to use the machine, which would transmit his thoughts onto the screen.

  Jieun sat there, all teary.

She felt so much sympathy and empathy for Luhan. He was a boy who was hurt much more than her at such a young age, and even pain that remained in him for such long years still seemed too fresh to him to forget.

 

  "Luhan.." Jieun winced,holding his warm hands. They were trembling, still uncalm from the shock he had received from Baekhyun. Luhan responded back to Jieun and tapped her palms. although his eyes were closed, Jieun knew that he was still there, listening to her.

 

  It doesn't Matter Anymore Jieun..

 

Luhan's response popped up on the screen. It felt as Jieun's heart was shattering at the moment.Baekhyun had even taken away his ability to talk. And now he would have to give up everything Luhan ever lived for, at the final moments in which he could make it come true..

 

'No.. it's not okay.."

 

 

My life is already over Lee Jieun. You shouldn't worry about me and go on with your own life.. I'm sorry..

 

 

'Sorry for what? What could you possibly be sorry for?!" Jieun weeped,clutching Luhan's hands harder as she teared up infront of him. She could see that Luhan was trying to move his body to comfort her but the paralysing of his body didn't let him.

 

 

All i became was just a burden to your empty shoulder.. I was so stupid.. I tried to take advantage of your revenge so i could hurt Baekhyun altogether but instead.. I've become a burden which nobody wants to take care of..

 

 

'Don't Say that Luhan.. I know it. I know you will get better. You will recover and you will become a famous actor, walk the red carpet and act with Kim Taehee." Jieun chuckled softly. "No matter how long it takes, a year, a century, i know that you will still make it."

 

 

You shouldn't feel any sympathy for me Jieun. I know what a failure i am.. Since Primary school i lived always so jealous of Baekhyun.. I always tried to revenge and always got my friends into a mess.. And now.. It;s the costly price i'm paying..

 

 

"Don't you dare say that. There are people who believe in you, who love you, just the way you are. It doesn't matter, that SooJin doesn't like you, or Baekhyun angers you. Luhan, you're such a warm hearted guy. You don't deserve to chase after someone who doesn't love you, not you. Someone as hurt as you needs to meet someone who is willing to die for you, love you even in the afterlife, someone who can't live without you. You have to live that way Luhan. Someone like you.. Is too precious to get hurt ever again.."

 

 

I understand your little sympathy talk Jieun. But nobody would like me anymore..

My dreams of becoming an actor are shattered. Baekhyun's hit probably did the most

of my sharp nose thing. That was the only good thing about me but now it's shattered..

 

 

 

  Jieun was silent. She didn't know what to say to Luhan's little 'sharp' nose loss,

but she felt so bad. So bad. Just because of her she destroyed another person's dreams.

 

 

You can leave Jieun. You can leave me.

Because i remember everyone who leaves.

And i'll remember you.

 

 

 

~End~

 

 

  The boy who couldn't even let out a single word was now sitting there, waiting to watch the boy who had destroyed his entire life. It looked as now that Luhan was a part time worker at E-Mart, a big supermarket place which was the same as Walmart. His loose nametag hung there loose on his little uniform vest, with his little cap which he wore to cover his face.

 

 

  'Are you alright? Should we leave?" Joongki nudged her, glancing at her as he held her hand. SHe had just fallen into her own little reminiscence of her first high school love, she forgot that she had met Joongki at all. But This was the problem. Although Joongki saw her as a woman, his girl, Jieun saw him as just a Oppa who she was dating. No more than that.

 

   That was the problem with her.

 

Even after 5 years which seemed like 2 centuries, she still wasn't able to forget Baekhyun. He was always constantly skidding by her mind, poking her with regretful memories.

 

 

  'No it's alright.." Jieun smiled. Just then, the lights began to turn dark and turned into a row of bright lazer lights by the stage. the guys from her high school cheered, also with some old ladies who werw wooping happily. Jieun watched the stage solemly as she waited for Baekhyun to come out.

 

The Boy she had been waiting to see for 2 years.

 

 

 

   There, Jieun watched on the edge of her seat as Baekhyun stepped out onto the stage with his little ukulele inbtween his arms. SHe heard the boys sneer at him, at his sudden appearance. It seemed as they hadn't been in contact with him too ever since.

  He had changed so much. His hair was like a sideburn, shaved off at the sides except for that little big by the ears. There were a litlte spur of hair left on the top, which made him look totally different. You would have to look twice to realise that it was him. He was dressed in causal skinny jeans ripped by the knees, and a plain black tee with a denim vest on top.

  He looked so empty and poor, like there was no soul left in him.

 

He had gone so skinny that his skin was drawn to his cheekbones. His legs were as thin as Jieun's legs, maybe even thinner. His arms looked as they could break off holding that ukulele, and it seemed as he had trouble sittin down due to back problems.

 

 

  He groaned softly as he seated himself infront of a long microphone. The big screens as his face was open to view on many sides of the stadium.

 

  His eyes were bagged with dark circles underneath, and he hadn't shaved properly. Although the netizens would hate him and swear at him if this got broadcasted, it felt as he didn't care.

 

 

  "Ehem." He cleard his voice into the microphone. "Good Evening audience." He smiled hastily at the empty audience before him. It seemd as he recognized his mates from high school, as he smiled at them. But more, it looked as he was searching for someone in the audience.

  Could he possibly have been Searching for Jieun?

 

 

After all, that day Jieun left him she never really saw Suzy and Baekhyun ever again at school which brought her to her curiosity.

 

 

 

"Thank you all for coming to my concert.." He said with an empty voice, glancing at his so called audience.

 

 

  "For those who don't know me," Baekhyun looked at the camera shooting his way. "I will introduce myself. I'm a rookie singer Baekhyun, i make hand written compositions and release albums. So far they haven't been so.. successful.."he chuckled half heartedly. A cricket chirped, as he went on awkwardly.

 

 

  "The real reason i hold this concert is for someone special.. 5 years ago, there was someone i should have held onto.. But i let her slip through the crack, just like that.. She left me.." Baekhyun winced, his eyes starting to glitter with tears.

 

  "Back then.. I was one lost immature boy trying to find his way out into the world as a dancer.. I didn't know love, that everyone else around me loved me, i only cared for myself and only what i wanted.. Then along came a girl.. She.. " Baekhyun's voice broke off. He rubbed his face, sighing.

 

  "Sorry Everyone. She.. she was different. Everyone always treated me like an adult, saying that i should have more responsibility.. Those days were my worst, where i had depression. I really hated myself. Family issues.. the least i could do was study. Study music so hard that i could achieve my dreams.  But this girl.. This odd girl.. She came to me, confessing she liked me. Her grades were the lowest of the lowest, she had no friends.. yet she came to me, she wanted to be with me.. Yet little did i know, i pushed her away and away.. Until she decided that it wasn't right.."

 

  Jieun was so taken aback that all she could do was just stare with her eyes wide open.

 

 

"5 years.. 5 years, i've been searching for her.. 5 years of wishing i had never done what i did.. if i held her back, told her that i liked her.. Just tell her that i was sorry.. So, i dedicate this song to the foolish girl who fell for an idiot. Lee Jieun, if you're watching this.."

 

 

 

 

(I still Love you-SUZY)

know I shouldn’t cry already but why do I keep crying?
My heart toward you acts however it wants
So it keeps sending me to you

It hurts so much that I’m the only one who feels like this
That you aren’t looking at me
Though you are probably uncomfortable with me

I still love you, I love you
Though I don’t know anything else, I know I want you
The more I try to approach you, the more I try to get closer,
You try to run away and that makes me lonely

My tears are not stopping
You can’t, can’t, can’t get farther away
Don’t run away, don’t turn away from me, please

Because our happy and good times keep passing me by,
Because I feel like I will regret this till I die,
I have something to tell you right now

I still love you, I love you
Though I don’t know anything else, I know I want you
The more I try to approach you, the more I try to get closer,
You try to run away and that makes me lonely

Whenever you want to come back, you can come back to me
Because I love you

I’m okay even if you don’t love me
If I can just see you, I’m fine with anything
The more I love you, the deeper this gets,
You get farther away and that scares me

My tears are not stopping
You can’t, can’t, can’t get farther away
Don’t run away, don’t turn away from me, please

 

 



 

   "Are you alright Jieun? You cried alot.." Joongki hugged her as the concert ended, everyone started to move out of the stadium. Joongki was honestly so worried for her, bcause she wouldn't stop crying throughout the concert and at one point the staff had to come and check on her.

 

   'Oppa.." She stoped in her tracks. "I Just need to go to the bathroom for a second. Wash my eyes and all." Jieun said abruptly, trying to avoid Joongki's eye contact. She didn't want to look at her boyfriend with the heart of still loving someone else. Even after these many years she tried to forget Baekhyun, she was only just grieving more and more for him.

 

   "It was a mistake coming here.. I thought i had forgotten him finally.. because i didn't cry anymore.." Jieun whispered to herself, slowly walking towards the bathroom. everything seemed like a blur to her, she wasn;t even aware that there were people by the place, she kept on bumping into everyone.

 

  Her head kept on retracing his face, only his face singing out there on the stage. His eyes so full of tears and emotion..

 

 

 

  "I'm sorry.." Jieun murmured, because she had bumped into someone. SHe did not bother looking, because she didn't want to face anyone with her eyes.

  SHe stood there to get a hold of herself, but she realise that the person she had bumped into wasn't moving either. he stood there, glancing at her with those eyes which could penetrate through you.

 

 

 

  'Ecxcuse me.. I re-" Jieun gasped.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was right there, standing infront of her glancing at her with his tired eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

  Jieun was too shocked, that all she could to at that stage was just stare. Seeing him so close, he had turned so distant. His facial features were the same, just a million times more worn out and thinner than it was in high school. although, his eyes had always remained the same. Jieun stared at him, just the way he stared at her.

 

  SHe didn't find this obsolete moment awkward. In fact, she wished that time would stop at that exact moment.

 

 

 

  She didn't want to talk, she just wanted to keep him there where she could look at him forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun's eyes began to water, followed by his words..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you come back to me..?"

 

 

 



oh wow im so sorry for the long no update ><

i was getting lazy but then i went on AFF then i realise i had all the stories

and i was catching up on running man and You're the best Lee Soon Shin i forgot

 

 

omg can i rant here omfg in episode 5 Yoo Inna's a

shes all standing there like this

Being a biatch and she blames SoonShin that their father died?!!

omg if he died because of SoonShin then she has the equal amount of faults

shes such a selfish in the drama ><><><

Okay end of my rant. LOL

Im so tired because i went on excursion where i walked for 5 hours Non stop T_T

anyway so yeah please leave a comment and upvote if u havent already!

 

 

Im just gonna post SoonShin crying because im that awesome yeah (? LOL )