Chapter One

HA, Sisterly Love?!

“Yah!!! Mi Young!! Hurry up!!” I banged on the bathroom door. I hate sharing a bathroom with her! She takes forever! Putting all that heavy make-up on and such. “Come on!! Put on your face so I can get ready for school!” Mi Young just ignored me and her hair dryer. I continued to bang and kick the door but then she quickly opened the door, causing me to almost fall flat on my face.
“Heh. Sorry, Chae-Kyung. I had to get ready for JongHyun.” She smirked as she pushed pass me.
“K-k-kim JongHyun?” I looked over to her and she had that stupid smug smirk on her face.
“Argg!!” I ran after her but then she ran into her room and slammed the door right in my face. “YOU ALWAYS DO THIS TO MEE!!!” I started to kick and bang on the door again but she her radio to drown it out. I screamed in frustration and stomped into the bathroom. She really does! Every guy I have a crush on, she somehow finds out and dates them! It’s not fair! Sure, I’m not as pretty as her or as athletic as her but still! I got my good points…I think. I sighed and changed into my uniform.



When I walked downstairs, I saw Kim JongHyun standing at my front door. “Uh, good morning…” I blinked.
“Good Morning, Chae-Kyung.” He smiled at me. I turned a light shade of red and quickly shook my head to get rid of the blush.
“…You’re waiting for Mi Young right?” He just smiled and nodded. “You should sit down then, she takes FOREVER to put on her face.” I smirked to myself as I skipped into the kitchen. Once I sat down, I saw my mom motion JongHyun into the kitchen and made him sit down across from me. I just quietly looked at him as I made my bowl of cereal.
“Go on, you can eat something while you wait. “ Umma smiled. JongHyun gave her his most charming smile and grabbed a banana. She quickly looked over to me and saw that I had a big bowl of cereal. “I just don’t know where all that food goes.” I just gave her a cheesy smile as she patted me on the head.



“So, you’re going out with my sister?” I asked bitterly, once umma left the kitchen.
“Kinda, we’re not really official yet…” he ate the banana.
“So, you’re courting her?” He just nodded. I frown slightly as I poked around my cereal.
Kim JongHyun. He is the kingka of our school and he’s a very flirty kingka…. He loves to tease his fangirls and girls in general. So, why do I have a crush on him? Well, he’s charming, sweet, smart-ish, and he has a really really nice smile. Oh and he’s hardworking too. I remember seeing him playing with kids, it was cute. I love guys who are good with kids!
“Why?” he smirked. I looked up from my bowl and slightly blushed but then quickly gave him a blank stare.
“Because she’s my sister.” I gave him a fake smile. He just smirked and went back to eating his banana but I felt him starting at me as I finished my cereal. Why is he starting at me like that?! Maybe to see how Mi Young and I look alike... I pushed up my glasses.



“Good morning, my dear twin sister!” Mi Young came into the kitchen and patted my head. I couldn’t help but twitch when I saw her act all sweet to me. But it’s all an act! If he wasn’t here, she would make fun of me because of all the food I eat. Or how my hair is still a mess or how I look like a nerd compared to her. She happily took her seat and started to eat her toast. Just as I placed my bowl in the sink, I heard someone repeatedly ringing the doorbell.
“YAH! HURRY UP, CHAE-CHAE!! I heard a familiar annoying voice. I felt JongHyun look over to me as he chuckled. I quickly grabbed my bookbag and opened the door to hit my idiot best friend, Kim Kibum, in the face.
“Yah! Don’t call me Chae-Chae!” I kicked him in the shin.
Kim Kibum is one of my best friends. He’s very naggy and girly,even more girly than me… and…he’s….just Kibum… I really don’t know how to describe him…. So, he’s just Kibum.



“Ow!! Chae-Kyung!!” he whined as he rubbed his shin.
“Oh, big whoop! Take it like a man!” I exclaimed. Kibum just looked at me and pouted. “So mean!!”
I childishly poked my tongue out at him and then skipped next door. “Time to wake up, Jinki!!”
“No fair! You like Jinki more than me!!” he tried to sling his arm around me, but I quickly moved away.
When Jinki’s umma opened the door, Kibum quickly ran up the stairs to Jinki's room, followed by me. “Yah! Chicken freak! Wake up!!” Kibum pulled off the chicken print bedsheets. I quickly grabbed his drumstick plushie and started hit him with it. Kibum and I pitched in to get him this huge drumstick plushie. Since he really really loves chicken, why not get him a huge plushie of it! Both Kibum and I started to hit Jinki to wake him up. “Aigoo. Such a heavy sleeper!” I sighed.



“Yah! Jinki! Wake up!!” he yelled in his ear. Suddenly, I saw a fist connect to Kibum’s face.
“OW! Jinki!” he whined as he rubbed where he punched him. Jinki just pushed him out of the room, then waited for me to walk out. “You’re not going to go back to sleep. Are you?” I blinked as I walked out. He shook his head and closed the door. I looked over to Kibum and grinned evilly. I poked his bruise. “Does that hurt?” I blinked innocently. He just glared at me then hit me in the arm. I quickly hit him back then he hit me again and we just started to hit each other while we waited.
“Come on guys.” Jinki dragged me away from Kibum.



“Uh, guys… you didn’t say anything to Mi Young about my crush on JongHyun… did you?” I mumbled as we walked into school. I knew they wouldn’t ever say anything but…. How the heck did she find out?! They both shook their heads. “Why?”
“B-b-b-ecause he’s courting her… he was at my house this morning to pick her up.”
“So, that was his car in the drive way.” Kibum exclaimed. “That’s a nice car…..but no, we didn’t say anything to her.” I sighed and took my seat. “She’s doing it again! I hate her!”
“Now now… you don’t hate her…” Jinki patted me on the head, trying to comfort me. I just glared at him and pointed to Mi Young and JongHyun walking in together. He was holding her books. Pssh... lazy. I shook my head. “Okay fine, you hate her. But still don’t let her get to you!”



As class started, I felt myself dozing off until I felt someone hit me on the head. “Ow! “ I whined as I looked over at Kibum. “Pay attention, Chae-chae!” he pointed to the teacher. I sighed and looked at the teacher. When the bell rang for lunch, Jinki grabbed my hand and dragged me outside with Kibum following. A familiar scent hit my nose when we reach the food stands outside our school.
“Chicken?! I’m going to eat something else.” Kibum shook his head as he walked away. I looked over to him, begging him for help but he just smirked and went to the ddeokbokki stand. I sighed in frustration when Jinki handed me a plate of chicken.
“Chicken always makes you feel better.” He grinned as I just shook my head.
“You will never get tried of chicken….”
“Nope! Never~!” he laughed as I handed him the money for the chicken. We both sat down at a picnic table and waited for Kibum. Even though it’s the middle of October, I still like eating outside. Other people still eat outside, but Kibum and Jinki hate it! I like the cold. They get mad at me when they see me without a jacket. I don’t get sick that easily….anymore….
“Here ya go.” Kibum placed a bowl of ddeokbokki in front of me. “ It’s the spicy kind. Your favorite.”
“Oh, thank you!” I smiled at him but when I tried to pull out my wallet, he just shook his head.

“Are you guys sure you didn’t say anything?” I asked again as I ate a chicken wing.
“Yes, Chae-Kyung! Maybe she found your diary again.” Jinki blinked.
“Hm… maybe…” I mumbled as I handed the rest of the chicken to him.
“What’s so great about him anyways?! He’s a playboy….” Kibum stabbed the ddeokbokki.
“Well, he’s nice, funny, a really good singing voice, good looking, dorky an—“
“I’m leaving.” Kibum suddenly got up and left us.
“Did I say something wrong?” I blinked as I looked at Jinki but he was too busy eating his chicken. I sighed and ate my food quietly.
When I noticed that lunch was going to end soon, I picked up my trash and most of Jinki’s chicken bones. I quickly found a trash can and started to throw them into the trash…until, I hit a familiar back that the girls call the y back…. JongHyun turned around as I hid the rest of the chicken bones behind my back.



“Did you just throw a chicken bone at me?” he walked over to me as I backed away.
“N-n-n-o…” I laughed nervously.
“Really?” He lifted an eyebrow. “Then what are you hiding?” he began to walk closer to me.
“N-n—nothing, JongHyun!” I backed away but then I felt my foot slip off the curb causing me to lose my balance and not only that… my foot landed weird, causing it to hurt.

HONK! HONK!!

JongHyun quickly grabbed my hands and pulled me into his arms, away from the cars. My face turned a deep shade of red, realizing how close we were.
“Are you okay?” he looked at me. I just nodded stupidly and pushed him away and ran back into the school with a limp.

“Chae-Kyung!” he ran after me.

<><><><><><><><>

I hope you guys like it =D