Chapter Six

Through Thick and Thin [Hiatus]

              Author's Note: I will post the main image for the chapter later, originally this and chapter seven were one thing but I decided to split them up. Have fun. 
 


Chapter Six

 

                After dinner the seven of them lazed around a bit at a nearby park before Kyung went home to work on his Japanese homework, Taeil, Yookwon and Jihoon already planned on hitting the clubs arcade, and Minhyuk talked Jaehyo into treating him to dessert at Kamilia’s (it was only fair since Jaehyo accused him of having when he knew it was the fault of that virus) and Zico tagged along, not wanting to miss out on free dessert.

                Kamilia’s was a short walk away from Bana BBQ and the park they were at. Jaehyo relentlessly teased Minhyuk about the “yadong” on his laptop- this of course escalated to more than just the yadong. 

                “Yah! You’re so desperate for some action that you-”

                “May I remind you Mr. Pretty Boy that I have had more girlfriends than you have ever had in just-”

                “Having TEN girlfriends in less than TWO years is not something to be proud of!” Jaehyo shot back as Zico chuckled at his hyungs’ antics.

                “Well at least we can confirm that I’m not aual like you!” Minhyuk retorted.

                “BWOW? Are you serious? Are you sure you’re not gay? I mean since you can’t keep a girl for more than like a month because they all dump you?”

                “I’M NOT G-”

                “We have nothing against you if you are homoual, so don’t worry about losing us as friends. We’ll support you all the way!” Jaehyo said, Zico laughed harder.

                “AISH! THIS GUESEIKI! YAH! Get this straight, literally! I’ve dumped all of them because they were all airheaded and stupid! They weren’t my type! Isn’t that what you do? You’re the one who is most interested in girls and want to date the most but you haven’t found the one that’s your type!”

                “So all of those pretty girls aren’t your type? SO does that mean guy is your type? Like I said don’t worry! We’ll sup-”

                    “YAH! AHN JAEHYO! Listen here! I’m only gonna say this once so you better get it through your small brain! I dated all those girls because they were hot and pretty- and all though their body was my type their personalities were too shallow for me!”

                “You go for more than just looks! Who are you and what have you done with my Hyung?” Jiho joined in.

                “Aish! These idiots!”  Minhyuk said as they arrived.

                “Oh! Zico-yah, Minhyuk, Jaehyo hyung! How have you guys been?” Jang Dongwoo greeted them.

                Zico narrowed his eyes seeing his twin with a tall guy and- if he remembered correctly- Tae River’s dance machine and player Lee Howon. He was able to relax his protect-my-twin mode a little more since Dongwoo was there.

                “Oh Minhyuk hyung! It’s been awhile!”  Hoya said high-fiving Minhyuk.

                “Hyung! How have you been?” Sungyeol said doing the same.

                “Wah! It’s been awhile since I’ve seen you two!”  Minhyuk replied.

                “Jiyoonie aren’t you going to greet your favorite Oppa?” Jaehyo asked.

                Jiyoon rolled her eyes, “It’s not like I don’t see you everyday Jaehyo Oppa,” she said- Hoya was certain that this girl was going to be librarian.

                Jaehyo pouted, Jiyoon just grinned and koala hugged Minhyuk, “Oppa! Even though I saw you today in the hallways at school I still missed you! You’re my favorite this week!” she exclaimed.

                Hoya was in shock. What happened to the girl who was going to be a librarian?

                “Really! Aigoo!” Minhyuk cooed as Jiyoon just nodded her head still koala hugging him.

                Sungyeol was shocked like Hoya and unconsciously pouted, which didn’t go unnoticed by Zico.

                 “Oppa, do you know that you are like one of the best dancers in all of Eidol?”

                “Of course I do,” Minhyuk replied.

                “Did you know that for this week and this week only I would choose you over Song Joongki Sunbae-nim?” she said, Zico noted how Sungyeol’s pout deepened and Hoya’s eyes widened at Jiyoon’s continuous display of affection toward Minhyuk.

                “Aigoo, what does Jiyoonie want from the great B-Bomb?” Minhyuk said smirking.

                Jiyoon released Minhyuk from the koala hug, “I need your help choreographing.”

                “What do I get?” Minhyuk asked.

                “Heecheol Oppa owes me all the free coffee and desserts I want for the entire week.”

                “Done.”

                “Yeah!” Jiyoon exclaimed koala hugging him once more.

                “I’ll text you about that then,” Minhyuk said as she released him once more and nodded.

                Zico noted how the tall guy’s expression relaxed once everyone found out that Jiyoon was only trying to bribe Minhyuk for help with dance.

                “So Hyung!” Zico began loudly looking at Dongwoo, “Who is your friend?”

                Dongwoo chuckled mentally; Zico was in protect-my-twin mode. Jiyoon could feel her twin’s anxiousness- it was making her worried.

                “Well you’ve already met Hoya, right?”

                “Yeah we’ve met before, nice to see you again,” Hoya said exchanging handshakes with Zico and Jaehyo, the latter two nodded their heads in agreement.

                “And this is Lee Sungyeol, he goes to Tae River with us and is a sophomore like Hoya and he’s in our group too, Yeol this is Jaehyo and Jiho- or as everyone knows him Zico- from Block B,” Dongwoo said introducing Sungyeol.

                “Annyeonghasaeyo! It’s nice to meet you! Hyung your profile doesn’t lie, you do look better in person,” Jaehyo smirked as he shook Sungyeol’s hand- he was used to this but none-the-less he mumbled a small thank you, “I’ve heard a lot of things about you Jiho-sshi,” Sungyeol said also exchanging handshakes with the rapper.

                ‘Flattery won’t get you anywhere Sungyeol-sshi,’ Zico thought to himself as he shook the other’s hand. He noted how the tall male had a strong, firm, hand.

“Good things, I hope,” Zico said trying to be cordial, “What is your position in your group?”

He could tell that this was just the type of person Jiyoon was most likely to get into a relationship with. He was tall, good-looking, seemed to have a bright and friendly personality and well-versed with music. He could feel his sister’s emotions, she like enjoyed his company and wanted to get to know him more, that’s where all the curiosity he felt came from. Zico deduced that they just met today.

                “I’m part of the maknae line. I’m a vocalist and the other visual,” Sungyeol replied unfazed, understanding what Jiyoon meant as overprotective brothers.

He met the youngest one and it was this bad, he would have to hate to go through the elder two’s scrutiny. Although he couldn’t understand why he was so nervous it’s not like he was interested her in that way- or was he.

 ‘Mwolla, we’ll figure the feelings out later,’ he thought to himself.

                “Jiho you should have come earlier-we just finished,” Jiyoon said.

                Dongwoo got the hint, Jiyoon wanted to get away from her brother as soon as possible. Jiho knew what she was trying to do, he smirked.

                “That’s a big shame now isn’t it,” Jiho began, Jaehyo shook his head knowing where this was going, “If only we came a bit earlier we all could have dined together. If you all still have room then you should join us- Jaehyo hyung is treating. I know you can never get enough desserts.”

                “Thanks but Dongwoo Oppa and Howon-sshi are going to go and work on their duo project and Sungyeol Oppa promised me that he’ll help me brainstorm for group names, isn’t that right Oppa?”

                Sungyeol knowing the situation nodded knowing that she just wanted to get away. Hoya frowned, why was he referred to as Howon-sshi and why was Sungyeol an Oppa?  

                “Oh we can help you too Jiji-yah! You both can join! It’ll let me catch up with Sungyeol too!” the ever-oblivious Minhyuk chirped.

                Everyone- save Jiho who was thankful and Hoya who was clueless- mentally facepalmed themselves.

                “Ani!” Sungyeol broke in, “Hyung we definitely need to catch up but if I stay I will be tempted to eat more cake and that won’t be good for me!”

                “Wae? You never stopped eating before even it was unhealthy or bad for- besides you look like you have gotten more-”

                “MY DENTIST!” Sungyeol cut Minhyuk off loudly, “Y-yeah my dentist told me not to eat sweets for one month.”

                Hoya finally began to understand what was going on, he figured that Woo Jiho was somehow related to Jiyoon and that he wanted to know more about who was hanging around Jiyoon-or in Hoya’s opinion he was clingy and over-bearing- hence why he wanted the tall choding and Jiyoon to join him and his friends.

                “But you just ate sweets now-”

                “Jiyoon used aegyo on him so he made an exception,” Dongwoo replied calmly.

                “Minhyukkie I’m starting to think that you love Sungyeol-sshi more than me,” Jaehyo mocked hurt, Zico shot Jaehyo a glare- Jaehyo stared back innocently.

                Jiyoon was eternally now grateful- he will be getting koala-hugged tomorrow she noted to herself. Jaehyo mentally patted his own back- he was back where he belonged as Jiyoon’s favorite of Block B.

                “Puh-lease! I currently hate you the most right now. When your month of sweets ban is over shoot me a text Sungyeol, you too Dongwoo and Hoya,” Minhyuk said- he finally understood that Sungyeol wanted to hang out with Jiyoon and she wanted the same- and they both wanted to hang out away from Zico.

                Hoya was half relieved and half disappointed. He was glad that they were able to get away from Zico’s watchful eye but at the same time he wanted Sungyeol to deal with over-protective Zico.

                “See you guys around then,” Dongwoo said as he made his way to the exit.

                “It was nice seeing you guys again,” Hoya said giving a small wave, following Dongwoo.

                “It was great seeing you hyung! Pleasure meeting you Jaehyo hyung and Jiho-sshi!” Sungyeol said giving a small bow and then quickly darting to Dongwoo.

                “Text me Oppa, bye Jae Oppa!” Jiyoon said giving Jiho a glare as she followed Sungyeol.

                “Annyeong!” Minhyuk and Jaehyo waved good-bye.

                Jiho looked out the window observing the four as Jaehyo ordered cheesecake for Minhyuk, strawberry lemon sherbet for Jiho, and coffee cake with a Bavarian crème center, his favorite, for himself. A frown adorned the young leader’s face, Dongwoo hugged Jiyoon before he and Hoya went in one direction and his twin and Sungyeol went in another direction. Together.

                “You’re an , you know that right?” Jaehyo said.

                “Shut up! You’re supposed to back me,” Jiho shot back.

                “I’m gonna go get our orders,” Minhyuk said backing away nervously. Jaehyo knew how to deal with protective Zico best so he was going to take his time getting back with the orders until Zico calmed down a little.

                “We just talked during dinner about how you three were suffocating her with all the questions,” Jaehyo replied.

                Zico just sighed, “I can’t help it.”

                Minhyuk blinked. That was fast. He brought the desserts to the table, “Eat,” he said.

                Zico just stabbed at his sherbet, “Honestly I can’t help but be worried for her.”

                “I know that all of you have been careful to make sure she doesn’t get hurt after her accident five years ago but you have to understand the definition of what is caution and what is crazy.” Jaehyo said.

                “You should also stop blaming yourself. It wasn’t your fault. You couldn’t have stopped it, it was already too late,” Minhyuk said.

                “I could have been there earlier, coming earlier could have made a difference,” Zico muttered.

                “Jiho, it wouldn’t have made a difference. It wasn’t your fault because you two didn’t know about the twin connection and even if you did they still would have fallen. You didn’t sense the danger until after it happened,” Jaehyo said.

                “And what matters most is that all three of them lived, and none of them faced in any long term injuries. Jiyoon doesn’t hate you for it; she never blamed you for it. So why do you?” Minhyuk asked.

                Jaehyo sighed, “Which brings me to my original point, despite the accident Jiyoon continued to the crazy things she always did- she went bungee jumping with Baro, Soyoon, and Jaemin before Baro left-”

                “She climbed to the roof to get back those shoes that ended up there after she threw them at you-”

                “Got into a cat fight with the leader of her rival group-”

                “And the list goes on,” Minhyuk finished.

                Jaehyo slightly chuckled thinking back to all of Jiyoon’s doings, “So when she does reckless stuff like that, which puts her in more danger and are more similar to her accident, you three let her do that and get less angry at her if she does it behind you backs-”

                “Which happens to be the case for most of them-” Minhyuk points out.

                “Why do you guys go crazy whenever she is with a guy?” Jaehyo asked.

                “Fraternal instinct?” Zico replied back.

                Jaehyo and Minhyuk face-palmed themselves, “Fraternal instinct? Seriously Jiho!” Jaehyo let out an exasperated sigh, he was annoyed, and for some reason more annoyed than usual.

                “Yeah it came about sort of because of the accident,” Minhyuk and Jaehyo looked at Zico encouraging him to explain, “The other two kids involved had close ties to the Kims, well one of them was a Park- that’s like as close as you can get to that family, and the other kid was good friend’s with the youngest Kim son,”

                “So what does that have to do with this?” Minhyuk asked.

                “Don’t tell me you all get protective around her because you’re afraid that she would end up with some person close to the Kims or from Ji Park!” Jaehyo said.

                “Bingo,” Zico answered.

                “Jiho do you know how stupid that is?” Minhyuk said.

                “You can’t blame us! What if one of them tries to get us through her, Jiyoon- as tough as she is- is still vulnerable,” Zico said, “And honestly the three of us don’t care about being targets- we just want her out of harm’s way.”

                ‘Like it or not Jiho, but no matter what she is directly involved with this entire mess so she will always be a target…” Jaehyo thought to himself.

                Minhyuk took a bite of his cheesecake, “This entire thing is stupid,” he muttered.

                “Yeah well your parents aren’t the ones dead, your aunt isn’t the one paralyzed, and your uncle isn’t the one in a coma,” Zico said quietly.

                “Jiho you know I didn’t mean it like that!” Minhyuk sighed.

                “Well it sure as hell sounded like that!” Zico snarled.

                “This is getting stupid Jiho. Jiyoon isn’t an idiot, she knows who to trust and not to trust. She obviously was just playing around with those kids back then! That’s what kids do- they play with each other! None of them knew the difference between their last names! Didn’t you all find out who everyone was when you got to the hospital? Even at that young age, you and Jiyoon knew to avoid anyone from that side,” Jaehyo retorted.

                “And besides that you should trust Jiyoon to make her own decisions. Even if it is someone from Ji Park or someone who knows a Kim,” Minhyuk added.

                “What the hell are you saying!” Zico retorted, eyes wide.

                “Maybe it’s because I have a lot of influence from Tae River and the people from there that I’m like this but not everyone from Ji Park is a bastard,” Zico glared at Minhyuk.

Minhyuk held up his hands in defense, “Don’t get me wrong! I hate Ji Park to death and back but not all of them are so bad. There were two kids that I knew who go to Ji Park now, I met them because Hoya, Do Kyungsoo and Kim Jongdae, hella talented singers, they are also close to the Kim’s youngest son but they didn’t care that I had connections to a Mun or that I was from Seo. Kyungsoo is one of the most innocent guys I’ve met, and Jongdae, he’s a byuntae and a troll but the kid means well,” Minhyuk explained.

                “Hoya? What does Hoya have to do with any of this?” Jaehyo asked confused.

                “Aish- pretty boy confused now?”

                “Shikuro!”

                “Hoya’s cousin is Jung Yunho, one of Park Jungsoo’s and Kim Heechul’s closest friends. And Hoya could give a rat’s to this whole thing,” Minhyuk said.

                “What? Dongwoo hyung is friends with-”

                “Jiho, Hoya doesn’t care about that stuff and neither does Dongwoo, most of the people at Tae don’t care at all, and if you start taking any notice hardly anyone knows about the incident anymore, a lot of the people who are connected or know about it that are older don’t let their younger siblings or cousins know about it,” Minhyuk said, “But the point we’re trying to make is that you should trust Jiyoon more!”

                “You guys broke her up with Hyunsung- or whatever that kid’s name is- the one that’s in the same group as the Jo twins. He was a good guy, but he had what a friend who went to Ji Park so Yongguk makes him leave?”Jaehyo said, “Even if she dates someone from Ji Park- which I can’t see her doing and I wouldn’t want her to- but she would date someone if she liked them and that person was trustworthy, so even if I would dislike the Ji Park I would support her. So if she wants to go out with Sungyeol you should let her even though he is in the same group as Hoya whose cousin is Jung Yunho. Hell you should let her date Hoya if she wanted.”

                “I wouldn’t let her date him even if he wasn’t related to Jung Yunho,” Zico chuckled.

                “Hoya’s not that bad- yeah he’s a player-”

                “That’s why you two get along so well,” Jaehyo snorted.

                “Shut up! Hoya and Sungyeol are both good guys, yeah Hoya has player like tendencies but if he found the right girl he would give her the universe- ew that was really cheesy,” Minhyuk said scrunching his nose.

                “You think?” Jaehyo retorted.

                Minhyuk scowled, “You shouldn’t worry about Sungyeol,” Minhyuk said to Zico, “I think he might have a cousin who goes to Ji or has some sorta connection some of the kids there- I think his cousin is in the same group as Kyungsoo and Jongdae- but that’s not the important point. Sungyeol is a good kid.”

                “Enlighten me,” Zico said rolling his eyes.

                “Um…well he’s a funny little choding, and although he is really blunt and all, he is sensitive, I think it was the easiest to make him cry. I don’t know how else to put it- he’s just a nice guy, loud and a bit annoying at times but so are you.” Minhyuk said sticking his tongue out, Jaehyo chuckled.

                “Alright! Alright! I’ll be nicer to the Sungyeol guy!”

                Minhyuk smacked his head, “Sungyeol hyung. He’s older than you.”

                “Aish! Whatever. But I don’t have to worry too much, I think- well hopefully-” Zico said with a smirk.

                “Enlighten us,” Minhyuk said imitating Zico.

                “I don’t only approve of Kyung just because he was the one who helped save Jiyoon and stops her from doing reckless stuff all the time,” Zico said.

                “What do you know?” Jaehyo enquired the younger.

                “I’m pretty sure Jiyoon likes him too,” Zico said, Minhyuk and Jaehyo looked on expectantly, “It’s the twin thing, I can feel her disappointment whenever he talks to Subin or talks to her about me, her happiness when he jokes around with her or compliments her-”

                “Are you sure you and Kyung aren’t in a relationship?” Minhyuk said.

                Jaehyo laughed, “AISH! WHAT IS WITH EVERYONE AND THIS?” Zico raged.

 


Author's Note: So what are your thoughts so far? Tell me what you're thinking please! Will post le polls later.