Chapter One

Through Thick and Thin [Hiatus]

 

Authors Note: Hi! So yes this is my first fanfiction on this site, I used to write on other sites. A few things will not make sense now but it's part of the story's mystery! Enjoy! 

 


Chapter One

Ten year old Woo Jiho- or Zico as everyone knew him now (hardly anyone knew that his real name was Mun Jiho) - couldn’t shake off the feeling of dread. Something was happening and he had no idea where his hyungs were. Maybe he was just being paranoid.

There was no way he would know if his dongsaeng was in trouble or not. It’s not like he was psychic or had telepathy with his dongsaeng. But something was wrong, he could feel it. But ten year old Jiho, was after all only ten; and so he didn’t think much on it and continued to play with his best friends Kyung and YooKwon.

It has been five years, and every once in a while Jiho felt nothing but regret. Today was one of those days. She always parted her hair down the center or to the left, sometimes to the right, other times she pulled it back. She never really cared; she was the youngest and only girl in a family of what everyone looked at as tough boys. It was only natural that she was a bit tough and tomboyish too. So she never really cared about all that, until then that is, so now she only parts her hair to the right.

If only I told Kyung a little earlier that something was bothering me…”

Choi Seunghyun, (and just like Jiho, very few knew that his real name was Mun Seunghyun) better known as TOP, looked on as his dongsaeng blamed himself for the nth time for what happened five years ago. He shook his head, when would Jiho learn? It’s not like Jiyoon blamed him. Jiyoon knew that it wasn’t her twin’s fault.

Seunghyun looked at the clock, knowing that they would all be departing again, another Monday. Yongguk, Jiho, and Jiyoon would go to their high school. Yongguk afterwards would meet up with s to train before he heads of to practice with their cousin’s friend Yang Yoseob for a collaboration that they were doing. Jiho on the other hand would go to the studio and work on his new composition and meet up with the rest of Block B later for dinner.

And then there was Jiyoon, she would be going to go to the library to finish her homework first, then help their cousin HyunA decorate for homecoming, and then meet up with her friends at the café, they were going to come up with a group name. Afterwards she was going to meet up with Jung Heecheol (their cousin), Kim Taeheon (their other cousin and Heecheol’s groupmate), Dongwoo (a close friend ofJiyoon’s- heck it was almost like Jang Dongwoo was one of her Oppas too, Seunghyun trusted that guy to look after his little sister), Yong Junhyung (another cousin of theirs) and his girlfriend Goo Hara.    

Seunghyun smirked. He was quite pleased on how well he knew what his dongsaengs were always up to, well most of the time anyways.  His smirk didn’t last long though.

“Did Noona give Hyung action last night?” Yongguk’s deep voice drawled out, eyebrows wriggling. Jiyoon choked on her cranberry juice and was reduced to a coughing mess, Jiho snorted but pretended (failed at it though) to cough.

TOP glared, “Yah, come here!”

Yongguk grinned as he made a mad dash to the door, “Sorry Hyung I’m gonna be late. See ya later!”

“YAH! BANG YONGGUK! GET-”

“Save your breath hyung, it’s no use,” Zico sighed as they heard Yongguk’s car speed away.

“Oppa, come on, he’s just pulling your leg. Why are you getting worked up? It’s not like you and Rin Eonni haven’t-”

“Yah! How do you know all this stuff? You’re too young! Who have you been hanging out with? They’re a bad influence! How dare they taint my innocent-”

“Oppaaaa!” Jiyoon whined rolling her eyes, “I’m fifteen, and I’m in high school. How do you think I know?”

“Don’t tell me! Jiyoonie? You haven’t-”

“Oppa!” Jiyoon shrieked, “They already taught us this stuff in biology in middle school!”

“So… you haven’t… you know…” TOP trailed off as Jiyoon shook her head.

“It’s not like I’ve ever even really had a boyfriend…” she mumbled under her breath, but both of her brothers heard, well part of it.

“Wait! Do you have-” Zico began.

“-A boyfriend who wants to do THAT?” TOP finished.

“AISH! NO! It’s not like any guy even dares to ask me out because of YOU THREE!” an exasperated Jiyoon accused.

“Damn straight they better not ask out my dongsaeng!” Zico stated.

“You’re barely even older than me!”

“I STILL CAME OUT AN ENTIRE SEVEN MINUTES AND THIRTY FOUR SECONDS  BEFORE YOU!”

“BIG DEAL!”

“Jiho-ah, you’re going to have to get used to the idea that your sister is eventually going to date someone, it’s not like she is going to go off to a nunnery,” TOP said as Zico sulked at Jiyoon’s victorious smile.

“Besides, don’t you think that whoever dates our Jiyoonie will be up to standards and the best? After all only the best can pass our screening alive,” TOP continued as it was Jiyoon’s turn to sulk and Zico’s turn to smirk.

“That’s right! Now that I think about it- maybe I should set Jiyoon up with Yookwon or Jaehyo. Nah, Yookwon is too much of a player, and Jaehyo is too good looking- well that means my nieces and nephews will look good but… Jaehyo’s fangirls…” Zico started debating which member of his group he should set his twin up with as Jiyoon rolled her eyes and got her bag, “AH HAH! I know KYUNG! He’s perfect! I mean me and him are like brothers already so-”

“URGH! IF KYUNG IS SO PERFECT! YOU SHOULD JUST MARRY HIM OPPA!” Jiyoon said as she headed towards the door, turning a bit red in process of it all, leaving her twin behind.

“Y-y-yah! Ew! You’re just like our fangirls! Ew! Yah! Moon Jiyoon! Wait up! Let’s go together! Later Hyung!” Zico said as he ran after his twin.

TOP looked at the clock the two were going to be barely on time if they walked and Yongguk had already left.

“YAH! JIHO, JIYOON! I’ll give you two a ride, you’ll be late otherwise, pabos!”

“SHOTGUN!” Jiyoon yelled as she got into the passenger seat of TOP’s SUV.

“NO FAIR!” Zico yelled.

Jiyoon thought for a second, “On second thought Oppa can ride shotgun. HYUNNIE OPPA! Can we stop at the café real quick? I really need coffee! PLEASE!” 

TOP sighed as he got blasted with Jiyoon’s aegyo, “When did she develop that?”

TOP nodded in response, “ASA! Thank you!”

“YES! I GET SHOTGUN!” Zico yelled excitedly.

TOP just snorted, he knew that his brother couldn’t wait to turn sixteen next year so he could get a car of his own. 

Arriving at café, Jiyoon quickly got out to get her coffee, “Do you two want anything?”

Zico and TOP shook their heads a no.

Jiyoon waited in line debating on what to order, “A caramel mocha please, medium,” Jiyoon told the cashier, paying, she waited for her drink to be made.

She loved this café, it was one of the few places in North Seoul where it was everyone’s turf. In the far corner she saw students from Ji Park High. She rolled her eyes at how the girls were doing nothing but sneaking glances at the guys from Tae River High. One of the the groups of guys from Ji Park were loudly discussing a recent soccer match that just happened between Manchester United and Chelsea.The boys from Ji Park were all pretty loud, a lot a like the ones from Seo Lake. 

"Did you see Captain Park?!" one said.

"Yeah! that scissor kick was awesome! Park Jisung is daebak" another said.

Jiyoon noticed another guy, he had a handsome face and seemed like he would be a loud one, but he was hardly saying anything. He noticed her gaze and gave her a wink, she scoffed letting her eyes wander to a few upper classmen that she recognized from Seo Lake High, but she didn’t know any of them personally.

Her eyes kept wandering through the cafe until they stopped at the tall person near her.  He was tall, dressed in a Tae River High uniform, she had to admit that he was handsome. Dark caramel colored hair that framed his face nicely and he was musically inclined too, he had beats headphones on and he subtly nodded his head to the beat of whatever he was listening to. 

She looked away and checked her hand-phone for the time when, “Medium caramel mocha!” 

Both she and the guy went for the drink.

“Medium caramel mocha?” he asked her.

She nodded.

“Well what do we do now?” he mused, his eyes rising slightly shining in amusement.

“Excuse me?” Jiyoon called out for assistance “Is there another order of a medium caramel mocha?”

Checking the orders the assistant returned, “I’m sorry there must have been a mistake when you both ordered the same drink we’ll get another one right away,” the assistant bowed and hurried off.

“Here, you take this,” the guy said handing her the mocha.

“But, you were here first.”

“It’s okay, I don’t have to go to class until later and you seem to be in a hurry,” he said shrugging it off.

Jiyoon bit her lip, “It’s no problem, seriously take it,” the guy insisted.

“Thank you,” she said bowing and taking the coffee.

He chuckled, “No problem.”

She bowed again and quickly left heading back into TOP’s car.

“Yah, how long does it take to get some coffee?” Zico asked.

Mianhae, they made a mistake with the order because me and some other guy wanted the same coffee. He ordered first but he let me have the coffee instead,” Jiyoon explained.

“Do you know him?” TOP questioned.

“Nope, he was just nice, guys from Tae River are like that,” Jiyoon said with a grin.

By the time they arrived, most students were already waiting for class to start in their classrooms. Zico and Jiyoon said their goodbyes to TOP and swiftly made their way to their respected classrooms. She was in 1-A and he in 1-B.

“Yah, why were you so late today?” Jieun, more commonly known as IU asked her best friend.

“I’m not late! Class hasn’t started yet,” Jiyoon pointed out.

“Coffee right?” her friend Jaemin asked pointing at the caramel mocha in Jiyoon’s hands.

Jiyoon sheepishly nodded.

“Yah, Moon Jiyoon!” a voice called out grabbing her undivided attention.

“Oh, Oppa? What is it?” she said turning to face the owner of the voice.

 


Authors Note: *le Kyuhyun smirk* lol so who was the guy in the cafe? and who is the guy who is talking to jiyoon now? what happened to jiyoon anyways? when will you see more Yongguk? and when is Hoya going to show up? ..... ummm thats a secret :) keep reading you'll find out :) pleae vote on my poll! I know you don't know much yet but you know enough to sort of have an idea on what you might want... working on chapter two already and so it will be updated soon again :) 

Thanks for reading! and be sure to VOTE!