사고 - Onew

One Shot - Collection

사고 - ( Accidents )

You swerve to the side as a car barely misses you.

"Watch where you're going!" the driver yells angrily, you look back; hair whipping around your face as you speed down the hill on your skateboard.

"Sorry!" you call back uselessly as the driver had already disappeared. 

You had just arrived in Korea, and you had been dying to explore the unfamiliar neighborhood that you had just moved into. You had never been to this country before, so you weren't very fluent in the language. But it was safe to say that you knew the basics.

Deep in thought, you hadn't noticed the figure in front of you until it was too late.

"Ah!" you both cried, the two of you hitting the pavement less than gracefully. Your head spun and the blood was roaring in your ears.

"Are you O.K?" you look up to see a cute male kneeling beside you. 

"I-I'm fine." you stuttered sitting up, his worried eyes studying your figure before he pulled you up.

"I should have seen you coming. I'm sorry." he apologized, checking you for any visible injuries.

"I-it's my fault, I was going too fast. Sorry." you said in broken Korean, as he was brushing dirt off your clothes.

"It's alright... I haven't seen you around before, are you new to Korea?" he asked slowly, probably deducing that you were a foreigner from your very bad Korean. You nodded as he smiled.

"I'm Jinki, but my friends call me Onew." he said, holding out his hand to you. You smiled before introducing yourself.

"Its nice to meet you." he said before the both of you heard footsteps racing towards the two of you.

"Onew, are you O.K? That was a big fall." you heard someone ask. You look up to see four other males standing worriedly behind Onew who only grinned and nodded.

"I'm fine." two of the four sighed in relief before one of them asked,

"Who's this?" you blushed as their attention was turned towards you.

"I'm ( First Name ) ( Last Name )." you said, reaching out a hand for them to shake.

"I'm Jonghyun." the one with the handsome face said smiling, shaking your hand.

"I'm Kibum, or Key. Whichever one you prefer." the only blond of the group stated.

"I'm Minho." the tallest of the group grinned.

"I'm Taemin." the third tallest of the group said, smiling. His soft voice matching his image of an innocent angel.

"And you've met Onew." Key said, nudging Onew's arm; who only swatted at him in annoyance.

"Whatever he does is Onew condition!" Key sang, jumping away from the attack.

"Be quiet!" Onew flushed, his voice cracking; making the group burst out in laughter.

"What's... Onew condition?" you asked curiously. Jonghyun grinned.

"Its if you're crashing into random things or people, have a craving for chicken, trip over your own feet or make a lame joke that makes the atmosphere awkward, you probably have Onew condition. Or you're just pulling an Onew." you blink before turning towards Onew, who is as vibrant as a tomato.

"Wow... So you must do these things often for them to come up with a condition of its own." you say quietly. A laugh wanting to burst from your throat. He stares at the ground before grounding out to his friends.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" Taemin immediately blinks and proceeds to run down the street, dragging Minho and Jonghyun behind him.

"Oh yeah, we have to buy the food before the store closes! Thanks for reminding us Onew! Bye ( Your Name )" he cries, disappearing around a corner. Leaving Key, Onew and yourself behind. The atmosphere tense and awkward.

"Well... We better get going Onew. They can't carry all the food we're going to need. Considering how much you eat, I mean... Inhale." Key says teasingly.

"Key..." Onew says slowly, an edge to his once soft voice. Key laughs before grabbing his friends' sleeve.

"Lets go Onew, I want to get there so I can actually give my input." Onew only rolls his eyes before turning to you, an apologetic glint in his brown orbs.

"Sorry, do you mind if I..." you shake your head.

"No I don't mind at all! Go ahead." you say, making a shooing motion with your hand. He smiles sadly, letting Key drag him away.

"I'll see you later! And when I do, let's go out sometime!" he calls out loudly, making you grin.

"Of course!" you reply. He smiles and doesn't seem to notice the pole he was about to hit until he walks straight into it. You cover your mouth and are about to run over to him until he waves his hand at you.

"I'll see you later!" then hes gone. Despite the incident with the pole and himself, you can't help but giggle at his clumsiness. 

"Whatever he does is Onew condition~!" you sing, picking up your board. Before making your way home, thinking about the day you'll get to see Onew again.