수고하다•YongGuk

One Shot - Collection

수고하다 - ( Work Hard )

You sat on the couch, head turned toward the door expectedly. He was late... But this came as no surprise to you, he was always late when visiting you. But he didn't visit you. He lived with you. But it didn't seem like that anymore, the time he spent preparing for B.A.P's new album 'One Shot' and the time he practiced was more than all the mere hours he spent with you combined. Were you upset? Of course. Did you want him to take a day off to spend it with you? More than anything.

But you loved him, and he was doing the thing he loved most. You didn't have the heart to pry him away from his job just to spend time with you, it didn't settle quite right.

As your thought finished you heard the door open. You stood up from the couch and immediately rushed over to greet your boyfriend.

"Yong Guk! You're back!" you said, a small smile on your face. Your tired boyfriend looked up, and gave you a gummy smile.

"Yeah... You waited for me?" your boyfriend asked as he kicked off his shoes. You nodded and took his bag from him, but only to have it pulled gently from your grasp and dropped to the floor carelessly.

 

 "Leave it. I'm going to have to go back in a few hours anyway, I just needed to get a bit of sleep and a change of clothes." your heart dropped to the bottom of your stomach. He wasn't staying... disappointment was clearly evident on your face. Yong Guk noticed and gave a small sigh. 

 

"I'm sorry (y/n)... I know we haven't gotten much time together. But we have to get ready for our comeback... I um... I also... I have to go to the Philippines." he said the last part so quietly you had to strain to hear. But when you did hear that he had to leave the country for his comeback you paled. 

"(y/n)? Are you O.K?" you couldn't answer him... Why didn't he tell you earlier? When was he leaving? And for how long?

"When are you leaving?" you ask shakily. He gave a startled blink at the sudden question and rubbed the back of his head nervously.

 "About a week from now..." your heart broke. Why hadn't he mentioned this to you sooner?

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" you ask quietly, wringing your hands together in an attempt to calm your nerves.

"It's not that important. We'll be back before you know it." he said soothingly, while wrapping an arm around your waist to pull you closer.

"..." you didn't know what to say. He was going to be gone for a while. What if he met someone else? What if he decided that he would much rather stay in the Philippines than come back to you?

"Hey... You don't think I'd really stay there forever, do you?" your teary eyes look up only to meet his confused gaze.

Unbeknownst to you, you had just voiced your worries aloud.

"W-well... What if you meet someone else? Someone better? Someone prettier, or someone who matches your sta-" before you had even finished his lips met yours, you stared wide-eyed at his face, but sure enough, you couldn't help it; your eyes slowly started to close. Your arms climbed up his chest to rest around his neck. Pulling you impossibly closer he picked you up bridal style and carried you to your bedroom without breaking the intense kiss. Kicking the door open Yong Guk gently placed you on the bed, his hands making their way to your face.

As if he were afraid that you would break, he pulled away.

His eyes held so many emotions, they made you breathless with the intensity in which they held.

Yong Guk caressed your face lovingly, his eyes never straying from yours. A pregnant silence ensued before he broke it with his deep rasp.

"I'll never leave you. I love you. You know that don't you?" he asked quietly, his voice silently begging you to agree. 

"Of course I know that... It's just..." a sweet kiss was placed on your swollen lips.

"No... I love you. I would never leave you (y/n)-ah. If I haven't made that clear enough then I'm not good enough for you." he whispered hoarsely. Your eyes immediately tear up and you reach up to hold his handsome face in your small hands.

"N-no! You've shown me so much love... I just... wanted to spend more time with you. You've been so busy... we haven't had much time for each other. You've shown me so much, given me so much. I'm being spoiled by you; but look at me, I'm being so greedy!" you laugh humorlessly, the tears slowly dripping down your face. Before they even reached your chin they were wiped away softly.

"(Y/n)... I'm so sorry. I promise, I'll ask my manager if I can have a day off." you shake your head the tears falling too quickly for him to catch. 

"You don't have to do that for me, I don't deserve it." you whisper. 

Soft kisses were placed on your head and face.

"No... You do deserve it! I made my girl cry because I wasn't spending enough time with her, you're the one who cleans the house, makes me lunch and brings it to me when I don't have the time to make one myself,  you cheer me up when I'm upset, give me sweet little encouraging messages when I'm at practice, you're the first priority in my life, but I haven't been treating you like that have I? ... I'm sorry baby, I didn't even consider your feelings, I was working too much. I'll be a better boyfriend. So please stop crying." you sniffle and rub at your eyes pathetically. Yong Guk kisses your forehead gently before he jumps onto the bed, pulling you down with him.

"Sleep." he orders softly, fingers entangling themselves in your soft locks.

"I'll be right here beside you when you wake up." he promised. You look up at him and frown slightly.

"But don't you have to be at the practice room in a few hours?" you ask, despite the fact that you did indeed want him there beside you.

He gives you his signature grin before kissing you.

"They can start the practice without me for a bit, they won't mind their leader being  late a few hours." he chuckles. You smile slightly before burying your face deeper into the curve of his neck.

"Don't push yourself Gukkie." you advise softly, lips brushing his adams apple.

"I won't. But I'll work hard, nonetheless."

"Of course you will. You are B.A.P's leader for a reason."