chapter seven;

The List.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 chapter seven 
the List.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     
________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Get in," Kris spoke as he drove on the road with the windows down.
 
 
"No," Hyuna continued to walk without giving him a glance.
 
 
"Hyuna please, get in." Kris sighed. "Look, it's about to rain any minute."
 
 
"I'm not going to listen to you..you..you kiss stealer." Hyuna stomped on her feet for an impact. "Oh no.." Hyuna groaned when her heel broke.
 
 
Kris kept his mouth shut in a tight line as he held in his laugher.
 
 
Hyuna shot him a glare as she took her heels off and took a few step before the rain poured.
 
 
"Are you friggin kidding me?!" Hyuna threw her hands in the air in frustration.
 
 
"Will you get in now?"
 
 
"No, you bastard." Hyuna walked ahead.
 
 
Kris slammed his fist against the steering wheel before getting out of the car, following her on food as the rain soaked him; his tux clinging to his body and flattening his hair.
 
 
"Hyuna, wait up."
 
 
"Go away," she walked faster.
 
 
Shaking his head, Kris shrugged off his jacket and placed it on Hyuna's head.
 
 
Hyuna thought of dropping the jacket onto the floor and stepping on it, but the thought twice since it was raining and she was getting wet every minute and making her dress heavier than usual.
 
 
"Look, I'm sorry." Kris apologized. "But I meant every word and action."
 
 
Hyuna kept her head down with a solemn smile.
 
 
"Sure you did." What a lie.
 
 
"It's pouring more, come on, let me drive you home." he suggested.
 
 
"Oh yeah, the last time you said that, you kidnap me to the beach and planted one on me."
 
 
"I apologized," Kris sighed. "Come on, your walking bare feet, and your soaking wet. You'll get sick."
 
 
"I'll be  fine."
 
 
"Your friggin stubborn!" Kris grunted before lifting her in a bridal style. and carried her back to his car.
 
 
"Let me down, I can walk home!" Hyuna dissented.
 
 
"Just shut up."
 
 
"Uh! I'm offended now," Hyuna crossed her arms.
 
 
"Frankly my dear," Kris grinned, "I don't give a damn...right now."
 
 
Hyuna rolled her eyes as Kris opened the door and sat her in.
 
 
Getting in on the driver's side, Kris got on before driving to Hyuna's house.
 
 
Once Kris parked the car, Hyuna handed him back the jacket and bolted out of the car.
 
 
Kris quickly followed her out as the front door opened.
 
 
"Oh dear, look at the two of you." Hyuna's mother gasped with the umbrella over her head. "Come in, hurry."
 
 
"Uh, he just came to drop me off." Hyuna told her as she turned to Kris. "He was just leaving."
 
 
"Yeah..." Kris smiled at Mrs. Kim. "Sweet dreams Hyuna." he gently kissed the top of her head with heavy heart.
 
 
Hyuna nodded before going into the house.
 
 
 
 
► Hyuna; —
 
 
 
 
After taking a hot shower, Hyuna changed into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt, while drying her hair with the towel, Hyuna sat on her bed.
 
 
"What a day," she sighed.
 
 
It was a mistake going over.
 
 
Hyuna gently combed her hair as her thoughts wondered.
 
 
Sighing, she sneezed a little.
 
 
Slowly getting out of her bed, Hyuna bit the end of her nails before opening the bottom drawer and rummaged through her clothing, pulling out a old Polaroid photo; she sat back on the bed.
 
 
She brushed her finger against the picture as the memory replayed like a dream.
 
 
In the picture a girl with short black hair, a bit of a thick body, wearing glasses smiled shyly as a brown haired boy with sharp eyes and cute friendly smile had his arms around her.
 
 
The day the photo was taken, Hyuna and her family packed up and left.
 
 
Although she was only 14 at the time, she felt like he was the one; how foolish she had been.
 
 
When she was a freshman, she wasn't the most popular or the social outcast, but that didn't mean boys noticed her; she was practically invisible to boys'.
 
 
Yet, somehow he did.
 
 
Kris Wu.
 
 
The boy with rich family background and every girl's target. Every girl in her school wanted to be his girlfriend or friend, but instead he wanted her.
 
 
Maybe the fact that she punched him on the nose caught her in his attention.
 
 
It was the first day of her freshman year in high school. Hyuna was both excited and nervous about it. The school was big and everyone seemed to belong in cliques.
 
 
When she saw Kris for the first time was when he got out of his car with his mother. He practically glowed. Hyuna's first impression of him was that he was the most handsome person she has ever laid her eyes on and the sweetest when she saw him give his mother a loving hug and a kiss on the cheek, but that changed when Kris ran into her best friend Jihyun who was running late, he glanced at her and commented on how revolting she looked.
 
 
First of all, it was all of their first year in high school and not every girl was adepted to the fashion and make up like the others whose been at it since middle school; especially Jihyun since to Hyuna she looked beautiful without any make up.
 
 
Kris kept on attacking Jihyun and Hyuna wasn't just going to stand there, so she did the first thing that came into her mind.
 
 
Her fist ended up slamming into Kris's nose, which earned her a suspension for a week. Great, suspension on the first day of school, way to start off her high school year.
 
 
Hyuna would have thought that Kris would avoid her to keep his pretty face pretty, but to her dismay; ever since the bloody nose, Kris begin to follow her and offer her rides, pay for her lunch, and carry her books. Of course, that earned her death glares from every girls in the school but Hyuna didn't give her two cents about it.
 
 
It didn't take long for Kris to ask her to be his girlfriend, which Hyuna at first was excited, but doubtful.
 
 
Why would a guy like him want someone like her?
 
 
Hyuna planned to reject him, but Gayoon stopped her, along with Jihyun.
 
 
"Rejecting Kris Wu is like rejecting Bi. You must be brain dead to pass this kind of golden opportunity." Gayoon told her, but Hyuna couldn't accept him after his rudeness towards Jihyun.
 
 
"It's been forgotten, Jihyun smiled." Don't pass on him over me, Gayoon's right; you're brain dead if you do."
 
 
So, because of her friends encouragement and possible insults, Hyuna became Kris's girlfriend.
 
 
The days the two of them spent together was the happiest days for her, but even the pure happiness didn't last.
 
 
It was when Hyuna spend the day at Kris's after school.
 
 
Clicking and snapping the Polaroid photo, Kris waved it to develop it.
 
 
"Look, we look friggin cute." Kris held it out as he wrapped his arms around her.
 
 
"I look like a dork," Hyuna covered her face.
 
 
"No you don't, you are adorable as always." he removed her hands and kissed her on the cheeks.
 
 
Hyuna smiled at the gesture and compliment as she kissed him back lightly on his cheek.
 
 
Kris lightly caressed her cheek, leaning in.
 
 
Hyuna froze on her spot.
 
 
This was it, their first kiss.
 
 
Hyuna closed her eyes as Kris came closer until someone knocked on his door.
 
 
Kris quickly pulled away se the door opened.
 
 
"Mr. Wu, your father requests your presence in his study." the maid spoke.
 
 
"I'll be there," Kris nodded. "Uh..I'll be back."
 
 
Hyuna nodded as he left.
 
 
Hyuna looked at the photo and smiled, he was right; they looked cute.
 
 
Stuffing the photo in her bag, Hyuna got up and walked around Kris's house.
 
 
Walking down the hall, Hyuna heard Kris's shout.
 
 
Glancing around, Hyuna followed the sound of the voices. Hiding behind the door, she peeked into see Kris and his father.
 
 
"Enough, Kris." his father told him in a firm voice.
 
 
"Seriously dad?" Kris glared. "Fine, do what you want."
 
 
"Your mother won't be happy Kris, that girl-"
 
 
"Forget it dad," Kris spoke. "That girl is a nobody, she's just on my List."
 
 
Hyuna covered as she felt her heart shatter.
 
 
Quickly getting up, Hyuna grabbed her bag and ran home.
 
 
Sighing, Hyuna placed the photo on the bedside table and turned the lights off.
 
 
That day when Hyuna came home, her parents' informed her that her father was offered a promotion and they would have to move to the States.
 
 
Hyuna said "Yes" without a hesitation.
 
 
That was the last time Hyuna has ever had any contact with Kris or has seen him.
 
 
Hyuna blinked before closing her eyes.
 
 
When she came back, she learnt from Jiyoon that Kris has been in a on and off relationship, throwing away girls' as if they were yesterday's news.
 
 
Hyuna made a decision that she wouldn't engage with Kris, but that failed. So when Kris tried to add her to his List again, Hyuna made up her mind. She could teach him a lesson. Make him beg for forgiveness from all the girls he has dated and humiliated.
 
 
Have him feel the humiliation.
 
As Hyuna drifted to sleep, she wondered; what number was she on the List and would he realize who she really was?
 
 
 
 
 
Kris; 
 
 
 
 
Kris was lying on his bed in black wife beater and gray sweatpants.
 
 
He gently ran his thumb against his lips.
 
 
He kissed her...and got slapped pretty hard.
 
 
Kris grinned, but than his expression closely changed thinking back.
 
 
Did he do something? Why did she change so quick?
 
 
Sighing Kris got up and opened his window to let the cool breeze roll in with the sound of rain.
 
 
He inhaled the calm breeze when something grabbed his wrist.
 
 
"Guah!" Jerking away, Kris grabbed a baseball bat just as figure rolled in from the window. "Out!" Kris shouted as he lifted the bat.
 
 
"No duizhang! It's me Chen!" Chen shouted.
 
 
Kris lifted the bat more, "Out!"
 
 
"Hello?" a female voice called out from the window.
 
 
"If you thinking of stashing a girl here, the answer is 'No;." Kris told him as Chen helped the girl in.
 
 
Chen rolled his eyes as Kris threw them a towel.
 
 
"Duizhang, you remember Jihyun." Chen nodded towards Jihyun.
 
 
"Yeah," Kris placed the bat against his shoulder. "Hyuna's friend."
 
 
"She has something to tell you." Chen told him as he took a step towards Kris just as Kris turned around and the bat made an impact with Chen's face.
 
 
"Guah!!!" Chen cried out and Jihyun gasped.
 
 
"Well whatever it is, we have to keep it down-why are you on the floor?" Kris looked at Chen curled up into a ball.
 
 
 
 
 
________________________________________
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
comments are loved <3