chapter one;

The List.
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 chapter one 
the List.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      
________________________________________
 
 
 
Kris; —
 
 
Kris could not stand it.
 
 
Xiumin the dumpling looking like chubby face and Luhan the innocent looking best friend of his sat on the curb of the street chatting to themselves, but Kris was well aware that they were being attentive to the situation that was happening behind them.
 
 
"P-Please,"
 
 
Kris rolled his eyes as he stuffed his hands in his pocket when she reached for his hand.
 
 
Kris could see what she saw through her tear ridden big caramel brown eyes of her; tall 188 cm and handsome golden blonde hair male with cold dark almond brown eyes, long smooth neck, a carefree playful smirk on his pink lips; dumping her.
 
 
Usually, Kris would send the girl a gift with a note informing that she's been dumped, but the girl who stood before him - Hyeri - seemed to sweet for him to use his usual cruel tactic, boy was he wrong about that.
 
 
For the last 30 minutes she's been sobbing for him to take her back, wasn't she aware that no matter how much she begs and bring out her tears, he was not going to take his word back anytime soon? 
 
 
Criers were what he hated the most, which is why he send the breakup and not confront it, if he confronted it would be a waste of his time and a sore numb to his eardrums; sometimes it also meant a trip to the cleaners to get his shirt dry cleaned because of the girl clinging to him, crying on his shirt. Of course, the next morning they would wake up with a dry cleaning bill.
 
 
"Okay, enough is enough," Kris finally spoke up. "Move on girl." he gave her a cool smile and patted her on the arm before walking past her.
 
 
Xiumin and Luhan quickly got up and followed beside him.
 
 
"I give her about 5 more seconds," Xiumin held up a five dollar bill between his fore fingers, " 3 seconds." Luhan grinned as they continued to walk. 
 
 
"One..two..." Luhan pumped his fist into the air when Hyeri broke down in tears once again. "I'll take that, thank you." Luhan snatched the money from grumpy Xiumin.
 
 
It was yet another same o'l week for Kris and his friends.
 
 
As they walked, Kris pulled out a little black book from his back pocket. He flipped through the name filled pages until he found Hyeri's name, next to it she wrote in his sharp handwriting; 13 days, crier. Once he wrote it down, he closed the book and slipped it back into his back pocket, only instead it dropped behind him, the distance of the book and Kris himself increasing. 
 
 
"So whose next to be on your List?" Xiumin nudged Kris on the shoulder.
 
 
"I have, absolutely no idea." Kris answered.
 
 
Honestly, he didn't even know if he wanted to add more girls onto his list. Not because of guilt, it was actually getting quiet boring. Yet, he couldn't just stop. He had to have somebody beside him and look pretty while listening to him and do whatever he told them to do, but not just anybody. So far he had dated the prom queen, homecoming queen, student body president,  rich daddy's girls', cheerleaders, team captains, dancers, musically talented girls, model like girls, even college girls; pretty much almost all the girls, except the scholar girls and Goth chick. He had never dated the same girl, which is another reason why he had the List. It refrains him from going out with the same girl he already has had a relationship with and having the same happening again. Of course even though he may have had double digit amounts of girlfriends did not mean he had any deep intimacy with them. Not even a kiss, Kris was strict about that. He wasn't going to risk catching something, so he made sure to check on their relationship history and see if they had any medical problems.
 
 
The list was a lot of work, but it was Kris's guide to having a simple non complicated relationship. 
 
 
Each of his new relationship lasted from a week to three, three at the most if he could tolerate her and one if she becomes annoying and clingy; typical obsessed girlfriend syndrome.
 
 
He had a girlfriend like that once, and she was the last as it was the first. 
 
 
Her name was Na Eun, and even though she was cute and all, she had got to go. Whenever he would go out with his friends she would literally track him down. Whenever there would be a girl he would talk to - even as asking a simple small question or even a greeting - she would go on full out jealous girlfriend mode. Kris called it the Gorilla mode, since girls who tend to be jealous would huff and make a scrunched up face. She would also call him non stop, wanted to control him too even. Worst of all, she had the nerve to tell him to stop hanging out with his friends. As calm and sweet Luhan and Lay may seemed, they were utterly pissed and ended up getting into a heated argument with Na Eun. Their maknae - the youngest - Tao was so lost and upset at the situation. Chen could not stand it because he knew that Na Eun was being unreasonable while at the same time his friends were going over the line with the name calling, so he went and found Kris that day and told him of the predicament. When Kris arrived at the scene, Na Eun ran over to him saying they are full of disgust and bad influence that they were harassing her. 
 
 
Kris did what any guy would do when they are put between bros and their needy over exaggerating girlfriend. "Get the hell out of here and don't come back." And let's say that the girl now lives in a while different country,
 
 
"I'm hungry, let's get something to eat." Xiumin jumped up and down like a little child anticipating the cookie from the forbidden cookie jar up on the fridge.
 
 
"Alright," Kris nodded.
 
 
"Duizhang's treat!!" Xiumin ran ahead. "Yeah!" Luhan quickly ran after him as he escaped Kris's reach for the back of his shirt.
 
 
"Hell no!" Kris chased after as the strong wind blew.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hyuna; —
 
 
Hyuna quickly covered her eyes and placed her hand over her bang as the wind blew her medium long fiery orange - brown hair.
 
 
Ugh! Stupid wind!! Hyuna mentally threw a brick at the wind as if it had a physical form and could be hurt. It always ruined her hair. 
 
 
Last time a strong wind blew her hair, she walked into a room as the evil wicked witch from the west with her hair as a giant blob of tangle mess.
 
 
When the wind winded down, she quickly fixed her hair looking through the glass door to the phone booth.
 
 
Satisfied, Hyuna looked around.
 
 
The last time she walked down this street was when she was a freshman. Now, she stood her ground as a high school senior.
 
 
Glancing at her reflection, Hyuna winked and pointed at herself, "Looking good babe." Hyuna gave herself a quiet chuckle when she caught something from the reflection behind her.
 
 
Turning around, she quickly walked up to it in her black open toed heels and stared down at it, bending her knees a little. 
 
 
"Hey there fella, what cha got there?" Hyuna asked the voluptuous orange far ball that gave her a lazy side glance.
 
 
Crouching down, Hyuna picked up a long awkwardly shaped thin branch. "Yo fatso," Hyuna poked the cat with the stick calmly. The cat gave Hyuna a long yawn as it's response.
 
 
If anyone passed by her they would have saw a slim orange-brown haired girl with dark milk chocolate brown eyes, black heels in slim skinny jeans and vanilla cashmere one shoulder sweater wit ha stick, conversing with a Garfield impersonator.
 
 
"Come on Garfield, look it's a stick, come on, go get the stick!" Hyuna threw the stick to the side where a bus zoomed past, snapping the branch into two.
 
 
Hyuna and the cat blankly blinked at the dead stick before turning back to each other. "Good kitty, don't get the stick." The cat gave her another yawn, it's paw.
 
 
"Yo, Garfield, wanna move your tush tush?" Hyuna tilted her head to the side before sighing when the cat ignored her. "Seems like I call your name more than I call my own mothers." Getting up, Hyuna picked up the oversized cat, grunting.
 
 
"Geeze, what did you eat? A hobo???" Hyuna sat the cat to the side of the curb and picked up the little black book that was underneath the lazy cat's warm belly.
 
 
"What's this?" Hyuna stared at it before turning to the cat who quickly dodged the car that passed by. The cat hissed at Hyuna as it scurried away. "You move fast, grasshopper." Hyuna nodded before walking towards the hamburger joint down the street.
 
 
She stared at the little book front and back, curious of what would be inside the pages and who it belonged to. "If I open it, it would basically be like invading someone's privacy...but I can't return it if I don't check and see if there's a name inside..." The corner of Hyuna's lips curled up into a sly smile and she opened the book and furrowed her eyebrows at the continues list of female names. She stopped as her eyes ran over the name more than twice as the frown deepened. Flipping the book around she saw who it belonged to.
 
 
Closing the book, Hyuna poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue. It was a list.
 
 
Opening the door, Hyuna quickly walked in and rubbed her hands together at the effect of the autumn weather.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kris; 
 
 
Sitting on the table with Xiumin and Luhan, Kris sipped on his soft soda as the two friend of his vacuum down the burger in front of them. He shook his head wondering where the hell did it all go?
 
 
It was when he felt the breeze he looked up.
 
 
Walking through the door his eyes widened at the sight of the unfamiliar girl with unnatural orange-brown hair. She rubbed her hands together with a small smile before walking up to the counter and placed her order.
 
 
Kris's eyes followed her every movement as he felt his breath getting caught up in his throat. She literally took his breath away.
 
 
Kris sat his drink down as she looked around and caught his eyes. He gave her his famous charming smile, but to his surprise she looked at him and turned away like he was some sort of bug on her shoe.
 
 
Shaking his head a little, Kris stood up and straightened himself. In his head he thought over the conversation, "Hey, I'm Kris; nice to meet you. Are you new? Oh really? Want me to show you around? It'll be my pleasure."
 
 
Nodding to himself with a grin he walked up to the girl and leaned against the counter with one arm and crossed his feet over. "Hey, I'm Kris; nice to meet you. Are you ne-"
 
 
"Your Kris?" the girl spoke up.
 
 
Kris blinked, a bit taken back. "Yeah.." he nodded without faltering his grin.
 
 
The girl reached into her black purse and pulled out what to Kris's astonishment, his little black book containing his List.
 
 
"Where did you-"
 
 
"I found this outside," she handed it to him and paid for her food.  
 
 
When he took the book and looked at her he caught some sort of...disappointment, in her expression. 
 
 
"Do-"
 
 
"Not interested." the girl turned her heel with her food and walked out.
 
 
From the table Xiumin and Luhan witnessed the whole scene as did the cashier.
 
 
"What just happened." Kris blinked, flabbergasted.
 
 
"You got rejected man." the male cashier shook his head.
 
 
"Who is she?"
 
 
"That's Kim Hyuna, a new transfer."
 
 
Kim Hyuna.
 
 
Kris walked back to his seat and held up his hand to cut off Xiumin and Luhan who were on the verge of laughter at Kris's diss.
 
 
Opening the book, Kris flipped to a new page.
 
 
Kim Hyuna, you are on my list.
 
 
 
________________________________________
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 author's note 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
first chapter is out c:
if you guys have any free time, check out  rewind writing contest.
the link is on the foreward as the banner ^^