Chapter 8

Taemin Stayed Out All Night

 

Taemin’s POV

After we left the café JJong noticed that a car was following us. We both wondered if Mr. Choi or Minho had sent someone to follow us. We walked around town and went to the park. At around 1:30pm I got a call from Minho saying that his Oppa wanted to see us both in his office. I reluctantly agreed to. He texted me the address. After saying bye to Jonghyun I walled to the office building. Minho met me in the lobby of the building together we took the elevator to the floor where Mr. Choi worked in. When we both walked into the office Mr. Choi was sitting at his desk looked at some papers with an angry expression on his face. When he finally looked up he motioned for us to sit down. Mr. Choi showed us the papers he was holding. They weren’t paper but pictures. Pictures of me and JJong and of JJong and Key. I knew it. I sensed someone was following us. “How can you go out with someone who is cheating on you with your friend?” asked Mr. Choi. I didn’t respond. After sitting there for what seemed like hours being questioned by Mr. Choi I finally had to admit to them that JJong was actually my friend and Key’s boyfriend. Mr. Choi decided that a good way for us to get to know each other was for us to go on vacation for the next weekend. After the meeting I left and went to visit Oppa. I told him what had happened and he said that it was for the best. We sat around talking for a while until Key called me and asked me to come over. I said goodbye to Oppa and went to Key Hyung’s house. As soon as I walked through the front door Key told me that he and JJong were engaged. I congratulated them and asked JJong why he hadn’t told me earlier.  JJong said that Key had wanted to be the one to tell me. I told them what had happened in the office. We all agreed that we weren’t going to be able to up with the lie anyway. I asked Key how JJong had proposed and he told me that JJong had prepared a candlelit dinner and had gotten down on one knew and popped the question. We sat around talking for hours about where we should have the engagement party. Eventually it was time for me to go home.  As I drove home I wondered what it would feel like to be engaged to someone you actually love.  When I walked into the house I heard Minho call my name and tell me he had made dinner. I went to the kitchen and saw that the table was set and he was serving pasta. He asked me how my day was after the meeting and I told him about Key and Jonghyun getting engaged. He said that was great and a nice thing for us to do would to throw them a surprise engagement party. We agreed that we should have the party 3 weeks from now. After clearing off the table and washing the dishes we went to watch TV. At around 11pm Minho said that we should  go to bed.   I woke up in the middle of night and tried to get up but I someone’s arm was wrapped around me. After a while of not being able to fall asleep I gently moved his arm and got up. I walked out of the room and went to go watch TV in the den. I was flipping through the channels when I saw that The Proposal was. After watching it I also watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban until I fell asleep.