DaeJae goes to kindergarden

How I met your father
four.
DaeJae goes to kindergarden
_______________________________________________________________________________
» Slamming his palm over the damn alarm clock that was ringing like no tomorrow, Himchan pushed himself up with a groan. Today Daehyun was going to attend kindergarden along with Youngjae. He had to wake up early to prepare everything, he even took a leave from work today just for the elder two kids.
Bringing himself up, he dragged his slippers into the kitchen, first filling the kettle with water and boiling it. He then gathered the laundry and threw them all carelessly into the washing machine. He took out bread, butter and various jams, setting them on the table and taking one bite of bread himself spread with peanut butter. While waiting for the water to be done, he scrolled through his phone, checking his schedule.
"Why are you so early dear?" Himchan jumped in his seat when Yongguk spoke behind him. Yongguk dragged his feet across the floor and gave Himchan a kiss square on his lips. "Good morning lovely."
"Why are you so early?" Himchan asked, munching on his bread while Yongguk made coffee for the both of them.
"Daehyun and Youngjae are going to kindergaden today. I thought I might wake up earlier to prepare them. You?"
"Same." He smiled when Yongguk passed him his cup of daily coffee and took a sip. "I always wonder how do you make the coffee. It has a taste that tells me, it's made by Yongguk."
"I added love, and the kids' love, and everything sweet. I even added my smiles in there you know." Yongguk said, ruffling his hair and standing up.
"Yeah right. Check their uniform please dear. I'm not sure whether did I iron them or not." Himchan passed him his toast which he took a bite from
"I did already. Are you going to work today?" Yongguk asked, moving out the kitchen
"I took leave. Do you want toast?"
"Strawberry please. I'll wake them now."
 
"Daehyun ahh." Yongguk squated beside his blue bed. He couldn't help admiring how cute he looked when he slept, hugging his army dressed teddy bear tightly.
Daehyun stirred in his sleep, lips moving and turning over to his side. Yongguk stood still until he was sure Daehyun was fast asleep again and released his held breath. He tiptoed to the other side of the bed, and squated down again.
"Daehyun ahh. Wake up. You have to go to school." He whispered in his ear. Daehyun swatted his hand, knocking in Yongguk's face. He yelped in pain and grabbed Daehyun's wrist.
"I know you're awake dear. I'm not going to move until you wake up and wake Youngjae up too." Yongguk said, picking the groaning Daehyun up from his bed and carrying him to Youngjae's bed.
"Youngjae yahh." Daehyun said sleepily, rubbing his eyes and bouncing on the Spongebob bed. "Youngjae yahh get up. We have to go to school."
"Ahhh why......." Youngjae mumbled, pulling Daehyun down. "Let's sleep........." Daehyun happily lay down beside Youngjae, hugging him like a huge fluffy bolster.
"You guys really. Want me to call Mama in?" Yongguk said, pulling the last card out.
"No! We're awake now!" Daehyun's eyes shot open and he sat up. He pulled Youngjae up and pushed him to the bathroom. "Appa! You go eat with Mama first okay! Eat slowly and enjoy! We'll be right there!" He yelled from inside the bathroom.
Yongguk chuckled and replied with an okay, settling himself on Daehyun's bed.
 
"Aish appa really. Forcing us to wake up." Daehyun grumbled as he scrubbed himself with the soap. Noticing Youngjae that was still half asleep, he blew the foam at Youngjae's face. A little bubble fell on his nose while Youngjae rubbed the foam away.
"But I thought you were really excited to go?" Youngjae asked sleepily, rubbing himself with soap while waiting for Daehyun to be done with the scrub.
"Yes but I'm still sleepy. Wake up you sleepy head! Omma's gonna come in soon!" Daehyun tried to frighten Youngjae but he gave no reaction at all.
"You don't sound sleepy at all. Done with the scrubbie? I need it." He snatched it away and scrubbed himself under the shower, careful not to get any soap in his eyes.
"Why are you so fast? Can't you wait for me?" Daehyun complained and sped up the scrubbing. Youngjae wiped himself dry, eyes still half closed and gave a loud yawn. He put on his uniform clumsily and stumbled out the door, completely ignoring the still complaining Daehyun in the shower.
"Appa." He called, tugging at Yongguk's shirt. When Yongguk gave no reaction, he tugged more, calling him again.
Soon, Daehyun joined him outside, buttoning his white shirt with clumsy fingers. One look at Youngjae he knew that papa wasn't responding again. They nodded to each other and jumped on the bed.
"Appa!" They yelled, shaking and jumping and yelling on the top of their lungs. Yongguk sat up frantically and looked around. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw his sons instead of his husband.
"You guys. What happened to your shirts?!" He pulled Youngjae over and fixed his uniform for him.
"Appa fell asleep. I'll tell omma." Daehyun teased, wagging his finger at Yongguk.
"No. Daehyun, no. Don't have to make him nag at you guys anymore, his wrinkles are coming out."
"Tell me what?" Speak of the devil, Himchan appeared at the doorway, cup of coffee in hand, and looked at them with a questioning look. Especially his husband who was supposed to wake the kids. He was sitting on the bed, hair messy as if he just woke up. He was pretty sure he fixed him for him just now.
"They're ready." Yongguk coughed out, putting Youngjae down on the floor and showing them proudly to Mama Chan. "Tadah."
"Okay. Come out and eat some breakfast. Omma and appa will send you to school later."
"Yes mama." Daehyun and Youngjae dashed out the room excitedly.
"I take it that you fell asleep?" Himchan asked, passing the cup to him. Yongguk could only smile meekly in response.
 
» "Do you know what classes are they in?" Himchan asked, sitting in the car with the younger two still sleeping soundly. Yongguk fumbled with the papers in hand, turning them this direction and that, checking for any needed information.
"They're in the same, wait, different class. Daehyun's is on the second floor, Youngjae's on the first. Come guys. Omma, stay put and drink your coffee. Milk's in the back, you know where right?"
"Yes I know. Now go. They're gonna be late soon if you don't hurry up." Himchan sighed at his nagging husband. Sometimes he wasn't sure who was the mom in the family.
Leading Daehyun up the stairs, he knocked on the door awkwardly and sent Daehyun to sit on an empty seat while he registered with the teacher. She told him the nessesary details like some parent's meeting, their annual sports day and prize giving day, exams and some school classes they have. Yongguk only nodded in response. It wasn't like they were going to attend most of them anyway, he thought.
"Stay here while I send Youngjae okay? I'll come back later. Make some friends Daedae, say hi." Yongguk ushered him. When he saw Daehyun started to unpack his bag, he carried Youngjae downstairs and sent him to class. The teacher repeated what he had listened earlier and once again Yongguk nodded knowingly.
He looked over at Youngjae. Different from Daehyun, he started to talk to the boy beside him. Judging by the look on his face, probably about his favourite Pokemon or Digimon that he had always talked about to him. The boy seemed really impressed and listened attentively to Youngjae, laughing once in a while. He decided to slip upstairs to check on Daehyun again.
 
Big mistake for leaving Daehyun alone. He was sobbing in his seat. He refused to talk to anyone at all, including the teacher who tried to calm him down. He threw a big tantrum, demanding for Yongguk. Yongguk came rushing into the classroom and picked Daehyun up, apologizing to the teacher for distrubance.
After some coaxing and chocolate, and an agreement to a bottle of Ribena later, Daehyun calmed down. He sat at the stairs, on the chocolate egg in his mouth.
"What happened Daedae? Mama isn't going to be happy about this." Yongguk sighed, squating infront of him.
"The boy beside me had colour pencils and told me we needed to have them. Appa didn't buy them for me!"
"We can always buy them later Daehyun." Yongguk felt like knocking his head against the wall.
"The boy on my left got a Pikachu water bottle and a Agumon watch!" Daehyun replied, a little hint of annoyance in his voice.
"You've got your matching water bottles with Youngjae. It's Mickey mouse for goodness sake."
"The boy-"
"Enough. You only have two sides." Yongguk snapped at him. Seeing Daehyun's face which resembled a puppy closely, he sighed deeply again. He picked Daehyun up in his arms and went towards his car.
"What happened?" Himchan looked up from his phone and jerked his head at Daehyun's direction.
"Threw a tantrum. I don't think he'll be going to class any sooner. Teacher said he sort of had a panic attack."
"Youngjae?"
"He's doing fine."
"That's good. Daehyun ahh, why don't you go play at the playground with Jongup?" Himchan said, unbuckling Jongup and lifting him down the car. They held hands and ran off excitedly.
"So?" Himchan asked mindlessly, still scrolling on his smartphone.
"Maybe half a year later." Yongguk gave him a peck before settling himself at the back seat, toying with sleeping Zelo and simply admiring the sleeping angel.
 
 
» When the bell rang Yongguk nearly fell off his seat in suprise. Himchan laughed at him real hard, it was the fifth time he laughed that hard since Zelo came into the picture, Yongguk counted.
"Geez. One's misfortune is another's happiness." Yongguk picked himself up and strolled to Youngjae's class, ignoring Himchan who was howling with laughter in the car like a wacko. He was pretty sure Zelo wanted to tell everyone who was shooting weird glances at him that he didn't know Mama Chan.
Youngjae pounced on him before he even reached their class door. He gave a smile to the teacher and carried the exited Youngjae back to the car. He was busy telling Yongguk about the wonderful things they learnt in class today, and he made a friend.
"Jaebum, his name was. He liked Squirtle do you know papa! And he said he liked dark Agumon. He knows Digimon!"
"Yes Youngjae. I'm suprised too."
"Then we had to colour numbers. A huge number one on a page. He shared his colour pencils with me."
"So what colour did you colour it in?"
"The top was purple, the bottom was brown."
"Very interesting combination." He put Youngjae in the car and yelled for Daehyun and Jongup to come back from the playground. Himchan had already stopped laughing out loud, but when he looked at Yongguk he'd burst into a fit of giggles, the image of Yongguk falling of the chair still in his mind.
"Daehyun didn't go to class?" Youngjae asked, belting himself up.
"He sort of, became scared. Youngjae is a brave boy, so he is a good boy that goes to school." Yongguk patted him on the head and carried Daehyun into the car. Jongup climbed in between Yongguk's legs.
"Yes Youngjae is a good boy so Youngjae goes school. Daehyun stays home with mama, papa, Jonguppie and Zeloie." Daehyun nodded. "Appa! Daehyun hungry!"
Yongguk shrugged.
"Mama's driving today."
 
 
» Daehyun sort of regreted when he said he didn't want to go to school anymore. Youngjae always came home with something new to share about. Whether was it about his new friend Jaebum, or the new things he learnt in school. Daehyun didn't understanding a single thing when Youngjae said plus and minus. He had all the attention and Daehyun disliked it alot.
While playing with Jongup, he'd always complain and ask about his opinion. Jongup would smile and shrug his shoulders innocently.
Daehyun was sort of mad and threw his power ranger at him.
 
» Thankfully, appa and omma said he'll be going to school later in the middle of the year. Daehyun hoped that he'll get Youngjae's attention again, and they can talk about Pokemon and Digimon with each other once more. With the addition of one more topic, which is school, he was pretty sure Youngjae wouldn't ignore him and say he was dumb anymore.
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                AUTHOR'S NOTES 
Ha, so Daejae, well actually Jae goes to kinder~~
Arent you like sort of happy?? =DD
Sorry the ending ><
 
Actually, it's not that they are afraid of Mama Chan.
It's more of, they don't want to trouble him with worries of their mischief
that much because they know he has stress already from work.
What does he work as you ask?
I don't know xPP
Papa Yongguk's work is less stressful, that's all I can say.
 
what do you think about the layout by the way??