Mama Chan goes shopping

How I met your father

Daehyun and Youngjae were waiting for the drag queen to wake up. Papa Gukkie went to work already (Daehyun said he works as Superman while Youngjae was convinced that he was King Trident in disguise) and the younger kids were still asleep. Daehyun and Youngjae stood like soldiers infront of his room door, fidgeting impatiently.

"What if Mama Chan doesn't wake up, Youngjae yahh?" Daehyun asked, pulling at the younger's shirt

"Shhh. I don't want to wake him up, you can wake him if you want to." Youngjae pushed Daehyun's hand away and starred a hole into the pastel pink door

"Why don't you want to wake Mama Chan up?" Daehyun toned down his voice into a whispering volume and asked again.

"Papa Guks always screams when he wakes Mama Chan up for work." Youngjae replied, thinking of the screams he heard early in the mornings. Simply terrifying.

"Really?" Daehyun's voice sounded a little shaky. He was frightened at the thought of what could have caused those spine shivering screams. Was Mama Chan a bad guy? Wolverine? Was Mama Chan actually Ursula?!

"Youngjae yahh. I think you're right about Papa being King Trident. Mama might be Ursula!" Daehyun said, running behind Youngjae's back and hugging him tightly. "Don't open the door!"

"Does that even make sense?" Youngjae scoffed, turning to pull Daehyun away from himself. But Daehyun stuck to him like a koala, and soon Youngjae gave up.

"Of course! Think about it! Ursula was the bad guy in the little mermaid, so King Trident suffered! And Papa and Mama and you said Papa was King Trident and so! And so!" Daehyun rattled on and on about his newly discovered theory, completely oblivious about his speech volume.

They froze on the spot when the door knob was turned. Moving their eyes back to the pastel pink door, the door opened slowly, revealing a crack. They could vaguely see Mama Chan's red eyes and maroon hair that shone in the morning sun.

"Morning......kids......" Himchan said. His voice was unusually hoarse, and it scared the kids out. They screamed on the top of their lungs and ran back to their room. "Ursula! Run for your lives!" they yelled, and closing the door with a loud slam, leaving the confused 'mom' standing at his door.

"Where did they go? We were supposed to go shopping today.......I should get cough medicine, it reached me from the office I guess." Himchan ruffled his hair and proceeded to clean himself up for the day.

On the other side, Jongup already woke up and eyed the older two kids suspiciously, who hid under their own fluffy blankets. Jongup curiously peeked under the blue and yellow blanket tent, sticking his head in. "Morning hyungs. Playing tent?"

Without warning he was pulled in, losing his balance and falling over the both of them. He quickly got back on his feet, apologizing to Daehyun because his elbow hit him right in the stomach. Youngjae held back his urge to laugh well.

"Shh. Mama Chan is actually the evil Ursula lying to us!" Daehyun told Jongup, who looked totally confused.

"He promised to bring us shopping but didn't. He looked scary just now. Like a monster!"

"What about Zelo?" Jongup asked.

Daehyun and Youngjae opened their mouths wide in realization and quickly moved their tent over to Zelo's bed and put the tent over the peaceful sleeping angel. They curled the hems inwards and continued their talk about Ursula the evil.

"He had red eyes, and red hair, and red nails, and red shirt, and-"

"Isn't his hair always red?" Jongup pointed out.

"Yeah but it was blood coloured, like blood." Daehyun said, moving his hands to his hair, emphasising on his words.

"Kids? Are you awake?" Himchan's voice was heard. Youngjae could feel his blood run cold in his body. He quickly signaled them to not say a word or move. The creaks of the door hindges were heard and Himchan walked into the room with slow and steady footsteps.

"Hmm I wonder where they are." Himchan said, pulling the blankets away from their heads. "Gotcha!"

"Scream!" Daehyun quickly dashed away pulling Jongup along. Jongup unfortunately was caught by his wrist and was carried into warm arms. "Let. Me. Go. Evil. Ursula." Jongup squirmed, trying to get away.

"Jongup ahh! No! Youngjae! Get Zelo and run!" Daehyun cried and fell to his knees dramatically and pushed Youngjae to the living room. "I'll protect you from the evil and I'll save Jongup!"

"What are you guys playing early in the morning. It's Mama Chan here. Do you want to go shopping or what?" Himchan said, unsatisfied with the kids behaviour early in the morning. Youngjae must have been feeding them the wrong things again. Himchan wondered where did he learn all these wrong things in the first place, and came to a conclusion that it might be from his own husband.

"Hurray! Shopping!" Jongup exclaimed. He wriggled himself out of Himchan's arms and ran to his room to change. Daehyun knelt awkwardly on the floor, fondling his tiny fingers. Youngjae gave them a snort and carried the half awake Zelo back into their room to get changed as well.

"Come Daehyun." Himchan sighed as Daehyun leapt into his arms.

 

Placing baby Zelo properly in the baby seat, Himchan pushed the trolley along, tugging on the string Daehyun had around his wrist so that he wouldn't run off. He had trusted Youngjae with this huge responsibility to look over his few months older hyung, but kept the string on just in case.

Jongup was happily sitting in the trolley, talking gibberish to Zelo, who smiled and clapped his hands. They totally forgot about whatever frightening that happened just now. It all went up into the clouds.

"Let's check the grocery list shall we~ Check the grocery list~" Himchan hummed a tune while fishing his phone out. Scrolling down a memo, he confirmed the things needed to be bought and put his phone back into his pocket

"Youngjae yahh. You and Daehyun go look for milk." Himchan said putting 4 huge packs of coffee first into the trolley. Jongup eyed the bags suspiciously and looked around for something that might interest him. Usually he'd be walking but since he wanted to sit with Zelo today he didn't.

"Come Daehyun yahh." Youngjae said, taking the lead. Pulling his hand, they both ran in quick small steps to the milk section excitedly.

"It's hyung to you." Daehyun grumbled but still followed along

"Which one?" Youngjae asked, pointing at the powered milk infront of him. Three layers of selves filled with different branded powered milk. Most confusing thing is that they all looked the same, and Youngjae looked at Daehyun with worried eyes.

"And you say you are smart, Youngjae babo." Daehyun put his hand into a fist and landed a  light knock on Youngjae's head.

"Do you know which one it is then?" Youngjae asked with a glare and rubbed the hit spot

"Of course!" Daehyun annouced brightly. "It's! This one!" He pointed to the nearest packet to him that had a cute chibi giraffe picture on it. "This one. I'm sure." He poked the packet a few times.

"Really? Whats that thing there then?" Youngjae asked, poking the giraffe picture in the eye

"Zebra of course! Haven't you learnt when Papa Gukkie was teaching? Tchh." Daehyun shook his head and Youngjae and crossed his arms.

Youngjae looked at the packet, then back at Daehyun, then back at the packet, then back at Daehyun again. "You sure?"

"Of course! If I'm wrong you don't have to call me hyung!"

Youngjae thought with his head tilted for a while. "Okay. Let's bring this to Mama and see what he says."

"Does Zelo want fruits?" Himchan asked, eyeing the strawberries and apples that looked really fresh and sweet. He'd love to sink his teeth into that sweet flesh, of course into another person's too but that's another story.

Zelo gave a nod while bitting the lining of his shirt. Jongup quickly pulled it out from his teeth and scolded Zelo "for being a bad boy."

"You cannot do this Zelo yahh. Mama'll have a hard time washing your clothes." Jongup said, pulling the pacifier out from Mama Chan's bag and stuffing it in his mouth. Zelo nodded, nearly dropping the pacifer, but Jongup had quickly clipped the chain onto his shirt, so it was okay.

"Mama, Jongup wants apples. Zelo wants lemon!" Jongup said proudly

"Lemons?" Himchan looked up from the mountain of fruits and eyed Jongup weirdly

"He said it." Jongup put his shoulders up and pointed to the blinking Zelo.

"Okay. I'll get one. Are Youngjae and Daehyun back yet?" Himchan asked, putting apples into a bag.

At that time, two kids came running towards them. They were not exactly running, more like speed walking. In Daehyun's hands he held the giraffe powered milk tightly.

"Mama!" He called. "Mama! This is the milk right?" He held the packet out while Himchan took it and examined it.

"No? It's supposed to be the zebra one. You remember what a zebra is right? I believe Papa taught you." Himchan handed the packet back to Daehyun, who looked more than disappointed.

"Sorry." He said, pulling Youngjae in a hand and the packet in the other, dragging it along the floor. "Mama scolded me..........."

"He wasn't scolding you Daehyun ahh. He was just saying." Youngjae said, taking the packet from him and putting it back on the self. "You do remember what's a zebra right?"

"Of course I do. I just forgot just now......." Daehyun said, scanning through the packets once more.

"Let's go." Youngjae said, shoving a packet of milk into Daehyun's arms and taking another in his own.

Jongup gave them a smile and quickly put the packets into the trolley around him. He sat in the trolley with the bought things arranged what he thought was neat around him, giving him enough space to stand up and check on Zelo when he need to, and enough place to sit. Putting the milk at his feet, he asked Daehyun.

"Hyung. What about Zelo's diapers?"

"We'll buy them with Mama later on." Daehyun said, climbing into the trolley with Jongup helping him up.

"What are you guys doing?" Youngjae asked, giving them an unimpressed face

"Are you guys done?" Himchan came back with bags of fruits and vegetables and put them into the trolley. He looked at Youngjae who gave him a meek smile. "Sort of?"

"I'll check. Does anyone need anything else?" Himchan asked, pushing the trolley to the rows of baby products. He added two more packets of powered milk and two bags of diapers into the trolley.

"Chocolate!" Daehyun yelled.

"Lolipops!" Zelo said, spitting his pacifier out and clapped his hands with a bright smile

"Potatato chips!" Youngjae said, pulling on the string that was orignally Daehyun's.

"What about Jongup?" Himchan asked, loading cartons of cold milk and some yogurt.

"Jongup wants a meal with both Papa and Mama." He said, putting the pacifier back into Zelo's mouth. When he got no reply, he looked and saw a stunned Mama Chan.

"Mama?" Jongup called. Youngjae tugged at his pants and he snapped back to reality, pulling his pants a little higher.

"Okay Jonguppie. We'll eat together this week. Mama promises." Himchan smiled, proceeding to pay for the grocceries.

The kids were shocked at Mama's smile, at the same time they felt happy.

"Mama hasn't smiled like that for very long." Daehyun whispered to Jongup

"I know. It's good that Mama's smiling." Jongup nodded, and pulled his shirt away from Zelo's teeth. "Zelo. Stop."

"Mama happy." Zelo said, pointing at Himchan.

On the way back home, they all fell asleep due to the fatigue of shopping. Little did they know that an extra packet of chocolate, potato chips and an extra lolipop were lying somewhere in the bags of groceries.


Just adding a scene. Might add randomly in future

Kids shopping are like the cutest thing eva

Especially when they help you to get things like 

asdhasjhslkdjakhl

*ppyong*