A pet in the family

How I met your father

Unable to take the kids whinning and resisting any longer, for once they were all together in a car, on the way to a huge petshop.

Himchan fixed his hair in the mirror while keeping an eye on the kids behind, making sure they were out of mischief (which was hardly at all). Some kid named Jongup just dipped his comb in hair gel this morning, and before he knew it, his hair became chunky. Himchan tried his best to pull the spikes into an acceptable position.

For now, Youngjae was explaining the magic of the story 'Nail Soup' to Jongup, who looked more interested in the contents of the soup rather than the magic. Zelo sat on Daehyun's lap while Daehyun played around with his limbs like a toy. Everything was fine. For now.

"What are you so worried about?" Yongguk asked, seeing Himchan's eyebrows knitted together.

"Something." Himchan replied, finally satisfied with his hair and putting his sore arms down. "Something is going to happen today."

"Of course. We're buying a pet aren't we." Yongguk smiled

"Something besides that is going to happen. I can feel it in my bones."

"Okay dear." Yongguk smiled wider at his husband. He worried too much sometimes.

"Don't okay dear me like that." Himchan said, putting the mirror down and fixing his hair again.

"Ok-Yes dear." Yongguk sighed. The trafic lights turned red, and Yongguk stepped on the brakes slowly.

"So kids," he asked. "What pet do you want?"

"Don't know." Daehyun replied mindlessly and Zelo nodded, hair bobbing up and down

"What do you mean don't know? You bugged us for so long and you're telling me you don't know?" Himchan carried Zelo from Daehyun's arms, fixing his clothes for him.

"We'll know when we get there Mama." Youngjae quickly said, putting his finger up to Daehyun's lips to shush him from speaking further.

"We're almost there so decide quick okay? Mommy pass Zelo back to the back please. It's dangerous in the front." Yongguk said as the light turned green. Jongup grabbed hold of Zelo and quickly put the pacifier in his mouth when his teeth reached for Jongup's fingers.

After a right turn and 5 more minutes of driving, they arrived at a huge pet shop. After parking the car and sucessfully getting all the 4 excited kids to calm down and get down the car, Himchan held Jongup's hand tightly and Youngjae's in the other, once again trusting Youngjae to look over Daehyun. Zelo was clapping and speaking some gibberish to Yongguk in his arms and Yongguk nodded knowingly. "Really? I see."

Entering the door a blast of cold air greeted them. Jongup felt some shivers going down his spine and shuddered. Youngjae and Daehyun had their mouths wide open at the high ceiling and all the animal cages around, totally amused by the barking dogs and squaking birds. Zelo held on a little more tightly to Yongguk's hoodie, experimentally bitting on it.

"Close your mouths." Himchan said, leading them to the dogs section.

"You might accidentally eat a moth." Yongguk added playfully, laughing at them clamping their hands over their mouth.

"So here are the dogs. There are the fish and birds, and there is the other part which I never want to go to and forbid you to go to. And cats are on the second floor." Himchan said. "Have you decided yet?"

"Daehyun wants a fish but I want a dog." Youngjae whined

"I want to go to the forbidden part." Jongup smiled.

"No Jongup." Himchan sighed. "Lets go see the dogs first."

"Oh!" Zelo pointed at a golden retriever. "Colour! Not same!"

"Different colour." Yongguk smiled and taught him. "Different. Say after appa."

"Dee-fernt?" Zelo repeated, causing Youngjae to burst out laughing. Daehyun gave him a little slap on his arm and told him to stop laughing.

"Yes, different. It's gold. Appa and omma used to have that hair colour."

"Gold colour?"

"That! Brownie!" Daehyun jumped up and down, clutching on Youngjae's arm as he did. Following his gaze, Youngjae saw a husky sleeping peacefully in a colder room.

"Oh? Brownie is sleeping!" Youngjae stuck his face on the glass. "Omma! Brownie!"

"Yes Brownie. Let's not disturb it sleeping. Let's go Youngjae yahh, Daehyun ahh."

They passed by shepard breeds, some poodles, a pack of yelping chihuahuas and a dalmatian which Jongup couldn't peel his eyes of.

"So we're at the fishy side now. Zelo, stop bitting my hoodie please. It's Obey." Yongguk shifted Zelo in his arms to a more comfortable position and so that he couldn't bite on his hoodie.

"Nemo!"

"Dori!"

"That clown fish!"

"The goldfish is sooo fat. Like Youngjae."

"What? See this black fish, looks like Daehyun."

"This purple fish is pretty." Jongup poked on a tank filled with fish in shades of purple. Himchan moved his finger away and on it.

"Does Jonguppie want a fish?" Himchan asked, moving them on to the next part.

"Cheonsa* fish. Like the one in Finding Nemo."

"I like Finding Nemo." Daehyun exclaimed.

"Hold tight so you don't get lost Daehyunnie." Papa Guks held on to the back of his shirt when he wanted to run up the stairs. "Do you want to go see cats?" He asked Mama Chan.

"Yeah. Do you?"

"Nope." He replied bluntly. "Anyone wants to see cats?"

"Me." Jongup said, still in Mama Chan's arms.

"Okay you guys go. Come back soon and we'll decide on what to buy."

"Yes appa." Mama chan said mockingly.

 

"Welcome back." Papa Guk got up from his seat to let Himchan sit down. They were at the cafe outside the pet shop. Daehyun and Youngjae went for another round to see more while Zelo was asleep over his shoulder. Himchan put Jongup down on an empty chair and stretched his shoulders.

"Jongup grew alot." He said, twisting his shoulders a little.

"Yes. Sorry dear, I'm holding Zelo."

"It's okay. Have they decided?"

"I think so. Daehyun want's a Dalmatian dog while Youngjae still wants Brownie the husky which we definetely are not going to buy. I'm sure Zelo doesn't mind with anything, just make sure it doesn't drop it's fur too often."

"Jongup want's his cheonsa fish. He wants to buy 6 as a family." Himchan twisted his neck, resulting in a loud crack.

"I think the fish is the best choice. As long as we put it high so that they won't knock into it."

"Yeah I think so too. You'd be home when I work and vice versa, so we should be able to watch them. We can take turns to clean the tank."

"Papa! Mama!" Daehyun came running out from the pet shop, Youngjae casually walking and swinging his hands behind him.

"Hi Daehyun dear. Seen anything new?" Himchan sat him on his lap

"I saw a snake on someone's neck and he wasn't afraid! Youngjae and I just looked, we're scared. And there was a big lizard on a tree."

"Interesting. Have you decided what to get? Jongup and Zelo want's fish."

"Okay. Let's go see fishys." Daehyun tugged at Yongguk's shirt, leading him and Youngjae to the fish side again.

"Oh? Youngjae! Look at this fluffy jelly!" Daehyun stuck his face on a glass plane of an aquarium containing little colourful jellyfish with a fasinated face. "Appa! I want this!"

"Daehyun, that isn't a fish." Yongguk sighed, smiling at his son.

"But appa. Daehyun wants this. Look at Youngjae's face. He also wants it." He pointed at Youngjae, who was wide eyed starring at the jellyfish as well.

"But Daehyun. Mama Chan said fish."

"Appa~" Daehyun whined, pulling Youngjae along with him to convince him. When Yongguk felt like his pants were going too lose and was going to fall of due to their tugging, he quickly agreed.

"Alright alright, stop pulling my pants please. Pick six okay? Youngjae, hold Zelo for a sec, I need to adjust my pants."

"I want the red and pink and green and blue!" Daehyun jumped excitedly, asking the hyung working to fish them out and put them into a bag. Youngjae picked a yellow and white one. Yongguk fished his wallet out and paid for them, holding the bag carefully in one hand while watching the two kids holding Zelo and happily running back to Mama Chan.

"So what did you buy?" Mama chan asked, packing up the milk bottles and powered milk and hot water thermos.

"Buri buri jellyfish." Youngjae replied proudly, putting Zelo on a chair. "Colourful buri buri jellyfish."

"I'm sorry, what?" Mama chan snapped his head up to look at his sons.

"Buri, buri, jellyfish, Mama Chan." Daehyun repeated. Himchan's eyes immediately went to Yongguk who quickly shrugged.

"Fine, fine. Buri buri jellyfish it is. What is buri buri anyway?"

"Name." Youngjae replied, carrying Zelo once more and putting his pacifier in his mouth. Yongguk boarded the car and started the engine, then checked the belts on his sons. When he made sure they were buckled up safely, he sat at the drivers seat with Himchan beside him, bag of jellyfish between his legs.

"Jellyfish. Of all fishes, jellyfish." Mama chan said, pulling the mirror down and checking his hair again.

"They were pulling my pants dear." Yongguk sighed and accidentally made a sharp turn when Youngjae shrieked.

"APPA THERE'S A DOGGIE THERE CAN WE KEEP IT CAN WE CAN WE CAN WE?!"

"My goodness YOUNGJAE." Yongguk stopped the car by the street and scolded. "I'm driving!"

"APPA DOGGIE!" Youngjae slammed his palm on the window.

"Alright all right. I'll go see it." Yongguk sighed and released his belt

"Yongguk." Himchan gave him a death glare.

"I'll take care of it okay? Probably put it at my brother's place and they can play with it when they visit."

"Yongguk." Himchan said his name again, a murderous hint in his voice.

"Aww Mama." Youngjae whined.

"Mama doesn't like it, so we'll come back for it later and put it at uncle's house okay?" Yongguk tried to coax him, but Youngjae whined louder.

"Aish okay. Be sure to put it at your brother's. I don't want to see any fur lying about."

"Yes dear." Yongguk sighed, opening the door. He picked it up and put it at the backmost seat, hurrying home to drop Himchan and the kids. He then went to a pet salon, gave the dog a total bath and the nessasary injections and a good trim.

"Hey bro. Delivery." He knocked on his brother's door.

"Yo man what up."

"Delivery. Dear husband has his drag mode on. Can't keep it but the kids want to."

"No probs bro leave it to us." He put his hand over Yongguk's shoulder. Yongguk thanked him and quickly left for home.

"Kids I'm home." He said when he reached home. Much to his suprise, Himchan was sitting on the couch drinking coffee, while beside the couch in a corner was a rectangular aquarium with colourful jellyfish in it.

"Oh you came back? They fell asleep again, as usual. Want some coffee?"

"No thanks." Yongguk settled beside Himchan and put his arm over his shoulder. "So how are the kids being with the buri buri jellyfish?"

"They really named it that. They have one each, representing us. Mine's called Mama Chan buri buri, or Buri Buri Mama Chan. I don't know, they said it differently." Himchan smiled and settled his head on Yongguk's shoulder.


Okay so it didn't come out like how i wanted it to, so might be a disappointment ><
BURI BURI JELLYFISH~~

Btw where did you subbies come from OMG.
Thanks for supporting this Banghim fluff!
Loving the comments LOL

*Cheonsa = angel
So Jongup actually means angelfish ^^

 

So enjoy <3

Wait patiently for the next family scene (if im inspiried)
*ppyong*