Lonely Day

Glaring love.

 

In contrast to all those weeks of schedules non-stop, today I was lying down on my couch with nothing to do, flicking trough the TV channels but nothing’s ever on in the mornings, especially on Sundays. It felt nice to have a break things got so hectic and busy that I barely had any time to think about my encounter with Daesung, I didn’t really think much of it, just a nice gesture from a fellow idol, there wasn’t any point to think about it since there wasn’t much of a chance for me to bump into him again since he was in Japan from what I heard by people around me.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

 

I stood up wandering around the apartment, went to the kitchen but nothing edible was in the fridge so I went to bed, usual routine.

“I need a hobby…” I whispered to myself, looking at the painting in front of me as I sat in the middle of the king sized bed surrounded by my pillows.

My bedroom was pretty simple, there wasn’t much in it but you could immediately tell that it was my room since it was princessy, not too much though. When you walk into the room, there’s a long pink mat on the right side, a chair above it and there’s my table with a mirror where my makeup and perfumes are situated. Next to the mirror, the wall is full of my pictures with the girls, family and friends with my name written in big on top of it, pink as well. Don’t get me wrong, the walls are all cream, I’ve only got a pink mat, chairs, writing on the wall, my bed, most of my pillows… well, I couldn’t get my whole room pink otherwise Tiffany would have probably moved in with me or stole most of my stuff. Not like she doesn’t take some of my things anyway but we all know that pink is her colour.

My ringtone went off, startling me, I couldn’t find my phone anywhere on the bed but it kept going on.

“Don’t tell me I have to get up…” I begged “Oh, it’s too far…” I whined to myself as I roll my eyes. The phone stopped ringing when I finally decided to stand up. I look on the screen, it was Yuri.

“Hey, I’ve been trying to call you for ages!” Yuri said annoyed.

“Liar, it was only the second time!  What’s up?”

“It rang forever though! You’re at home right? Get ready by 9pm! You better come this time, we’re celebrating the end of our promotions, and everyone’s going to be there. I’ll text you when-“

“Do I really have to go?” I interrupted her.

“Yes, you do. Even Taeyeon is coming! You’ll have the chance to sort out whatever’s between you two. Did you know she got Instagram? I’ll text you when I’m at yours!” she rushed, hung up on me, probably because she was in the middle of work.

I went on the internet on my phone to look up Taeyeon’s Instagram, looking through her pictures, I felt jealous.

I didn’t know she got Instagram. Was I the last one to know?

She had pictures with some of the girls, probably backstage, but where was I?

Once again, my loneliness got the best of me.

 

 

I woke up with my phone next to me vibrating, with one of my eyes open I read the text as it said that Yuri was outside with her car and that Tiffany would come upstairs.

What?

I rolled to the other side of the bed trying to reorganize my thoughts but I didn’t have much time as I heard someone unlocking the front door. I shouldn’t have given the code to Tiffany.

I run to the bathroom to clean myself up, hopefully saving time from Fany’s nagging that I’d hear in a few seconds but surprisingly when I came out, she was going through my clothes and putting some of them on the bed.

“I thought you were on a diet, all those packets of crisps on the floor don’t really match up” she said calmly, looking at me from behind while I quickly put on mascara.

It was scary how calm she was when I knew that she would usually start talking about how I’m always late, I never get ready on time etc. instead she was just quietly sat on my bed.

“Take your time, we came early because I knew that you wouldn’t be ready, Yuri’s in the car, she couldn’t be bothered to come up” I turned around, trotting to the clothes she choose and I gave her a guilty smile.

After half an hour, we got out and drove to the place that one of our managers probably booked for us this time. I wasn’t looking forward to it at all as I wasn’t in the mood to smile pretending everything was all right even on my day off.  I knew that I should be used to it by now, after 5 years of being in the spotlight, what’s a celebration dinner with my label mates?

Pretending to be like family, liking each other, just to fool people into thinking we’re so close. Some of us are actually very genuine about it though, us girls are like sisters since we’re basically with each other 24/7 so even if you don’t have the best relationship ever, you learn how to work with them, tolerate them and love them like you do with family.

It’s not the same thing with the other groups in the same label; tension was inevitable sometimes as we clearly have rivalry to get into our CEO’s preference. That’s how our world works, nothing I could ever do something about.

“Yuri, are we going to a club after? I can’t bear to sit through the whole night with Super Junior sat at the same table” Yuri laughed “Didn’t think you’d want to come but we are going to one of the clubs in Hongdae”.

“Anything rather than Eunhyuk’s corny jokes, and have you heard Siwon’s pick-up lines?” Tiffany said.

“Siwon? Pick up lines? Since when?”

“Jessi, he keeps talking about them for weeks saying that you avoid him every single time he tries to talk to you, I thought you would avoid him because you knew them”.

“Tiffany, Sica’s been avoiding everybody nowadays. Yah, behave today! Don’t worry, we’ll get out of it soon so we can go wild and get drunk”.

Yuri parked at the back of the restaurant where we could see familiar cars already there which meant we were probably the last ones to come, but there were also a lot of cars that I didn’t recognize which was weird since it’s usually just SM, to prevent people to sneak in.

As we enter, the bright lights are too much for my eyes so with my hands I scratched eyes with my hands with Tiffany holding onto my free arm to make sure I didn’t escape like last time.

“What are the YG people doing here?” she whispered next to my ear.

The restaurant was divided into two parts but they were very close to each other so you didn’t have a lot of privacy between them. It seemed odd to have both groups here, we usually don’t see each other at all if it’s not for some schedules but other than bowing to each other we never have any sort of contact. There was a very long table in the part that we first walked into where some members of 2NE1 were sat down, Lee Hi was also there in the corner but my attention was instantly caught by the blonde guy who helped me out a few weeks ago sat next to her.

The other side which seemed to have a different entrance was where our girls where at, although it seemed that Seungri and Taeyang of BIGBANG joined the group as they were chatting loudly with Hyoyeon and Sunny.

“Yah, you’re so late! Let me guess, Jessica right?” Sooyoung shouted from across the room, everyone laughing at the statement. I faked an angry expression but laughed it off, even though secretly it bugged me a little bit. It was my fault, but couldn’t have she said that without making me feel embarrassed?

I looked at Daesung while walking past him, he stood up and bowed but other than that, he didn’t do anything else to acknowledge me.

I felt relieved about that, I didn’t want to embarrass myself further that night but it seemed as that was the only thing I could do in front of him because next thing I knew, I tripped and ended up on the floor.

Way to impress Jessica.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thank you so much for reading!

I'm sorry for updating just now, I had to plan out some of the story and I had some troubles on how to go on, finding my characters and how to show them to you as I see them.

I'm also sorry if this is a boring update but the chapter was more on introducing a little bit more Jessica, how she's a bit isolated and growing apart from the others and just a hint to problems within SNSD. I can't thank you enough for the comments, you made me really happy :)

Have a nice day ^^

 

Minnie.