Not my style

The Runaway Bride [ HIATUS ]

Kris picked up his phone after the third ring, without letting him speak or even utter a hello I shout his name completely starting him from the other line. “KRIS!” I try my best to sound as panicked as possible, biting my lower lip as I suppress a laugh.
“Hyerin?!” he called worriedly, “Are you okay? What happened?” he is now whispering but the worry is still evident in his voice. “Just come here okay.” I told him, sounding like I was about to cry and I just have to give myself a mental pat on the back for being a good actress. I think should go for an audition.

“Okay. Just stay where you are, I’m on my way.” In the background I could hear a car door being open; I hung up as I feel myself almost bursting in a fit of laughter.
I stand up, turn around and walk back inside the café to change back to casual clothes. I bid goodbye to my co-workers, after closing up the café, sat on the ground and wait for the ogre to arrive.

It’s been more than a month already.
It’s been more than a month since I ran away from the wedding
since I turn away from my family, from being the only heiress and away from the better future planned ahead for me.
Nevertheless, I think its better this way, I am already 21 I should be living an independent life now.

Today I have also received my first ever salary, even though it isn’t that big I am still happy to be able to earn money on my own. And with it, I wanted to treat Kris out tonight, because even though he is an ugly and ungentle ogre If it wasn’t for him I would probably be living anywhere just to hide from my parents.

“Hyerin!” A familiar voice calls, causing me to look up and sees Kris running towards my direction after parking his car from the other side of the road. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans, he’s simple yet he can still pull off a cool aura. And utterly handsome –my inner fan girl subconsciously said. However, I couldn’t really recognize him with the cap and mask.
I stand up and smiles upon seeing him, “What happened? Are you okay? Are you hurt somewhere?” he ask immediately getting a hold of me and turning me around to see if I am hurt anywhere, I let out a soft laugh at how worried he is right now making his expression turn from a worried to a confused frown. “I’m alright.” I told him and he is now frowning irritated.

“Come on.” I smile up at him, grab his hand without second thoughts and drag him along with me. “Hey, where are we going?” I look over my shoulder and told him, “I got my first salary today.”

He nods his head in response, not uttering another word again and just let me drag him to wherever I wanted to go. Because it has been a long day for the both of us, I decided to eat first so I brought him to the street food stalls. “Two order of ddeokbokki and fish cake please. Oh we’ll also get some fried snacks” I told the old lady and she gave me a smile, immediately prepared two plates of ddeokbokki for us. While I immediately devour the food, Kris was just staring at it making me look up at him, “Why aren’t you eating, ogre?”

“This is not my style.” He said the most unbelievable thing in the world, earning a smack on the head from me. What the , right?
He rubs the spot where I hit him as his eyes turn to glare at me, “How can you not love ddeokbokki?!”
“I think it’s too spicy.”He utters in reply, shrugging his shoulders, “Can’t we order one that has no sauce?”I lift my hand up ready to smack him on the head again but instead I grab his fork, stab a piece of ddeokbokki, removes his mask and put it in front of his mouth. “You aren’t going to die if you try it, ogre.”
He closes his mouth and shakes his head; I cringe at how childish he is acting right now and hit his head, making him yelp in surprise giving me the chance to forcefully put the piece of ddeokbokki in his mouth but it almost choked him that he started coughing.

I immediately ask for a glass of water and handed it to him while patting his back, but I couldn’t help but laugh at his expression when I fed him. He then turn to glare at me when he gain back his composure, I bit my bottom lip to prevent laughter from coming out of my mouth but fails, I end up laughing while he glowers at me. “I’m sorry, but it was just too priceless. I should have taken a picture of it.” Why didn’t I think of that earlier.

“Oh come on ogre, it didn’t kill you right? Eat more.”
“How come you eat this kind of stuff?” He tries to hold my hand preventing me from feeding him the fish cake in my hand. “Because they are delicious.”

“They’re dirty!” As I try to feed him again, the old lady vendor lets out a soft laugh making both of us to turn to her. “Ah, young couple.” She utters, shaking her head at us and I turn to look at Kris only to realize that our faces were only centimeters away. I blink a couple of times as I stare back at Kris with the same expression, my face heating up for being too close to him. I cough, looking away and slowly sitting back to my seat and devouring my order, Kris did the same and we ate in silence and complete awkwardness.

“So, where do we go next?”
“I don’t know where do you want to go?” Awkward
“You’re the one who is treating me tonight. I just thought you probably have everything planned.” I ponder for a minute as we walk aimlessly to nowhere with an awkward distance between us, I only planned to eat tonight because I was already hungry. “Come on.” Kris suddenly grabs my hand and started dragging me somewhere.

He lead me to an entrance of somewhat a bar, I stare at him curiously as he pays for the entrance of us both he then looks back at me and smiles before leading me inside.
It wasn’t just any bar where a person goes to and drinks; there are a couple of people or bands who sing s also. They were famous bands but not as famous as Kris and other idols were, they just perform at bars like this for fun or for whatever reason they have.

The band that was playing, when we enter the bar, was called “The Boys” and they have this really handsome lead singer that I was attracted to, Kris though rolls his eyes from time to time whenever I scream my lungs out and sing along with the other girls who also comes to like the lead singer.
“He’s really handsome.” I let out a soft squeal as we are exiting the bar; “I should have taken a picture with him.” my throat hurts a bit from the screaming I just did inside. “Tsk. I shouldn’t have taken you here; I think my eardrums just broke from your screams.” He rolls his eyes again, irritated making me hit his arms. "Hey! I wasn't the only one screaming, you know." 

We then both stop in our tracks as groups of girls’ block our way, “What’s happening?” Kris and I tries to pass through the increasing crowd but in the end we still failed to do so. And the cause of the crowd was because of the band with an utterly attractive lead singer. “OH!” my eyes widens in surprise as I tiptoe to see the band members allowing the girls to take pictures or autographs from them. I hold unto Kris’ sleeve, “Kris, I have to take a picture with him.” He turns to me and stares at me like I just said something wrong. “No way.”

Looking back at him, I smile and nod my head, “Yes way.” I took out my phone and ready myself to squeeze my way through the crowd of girls and take a picture with that oh-so-gorgeous creature, when Kris suddenly pulls the collar of my coat from behind preventing me from making my way to the band. “No, you’re not taking a picture with them. It’s late we should head home. And why do you need to take picture with him, when you have an idol right infront of you.” I roll my eyes at him, scoffing at how he is being conceited right now. Well, it is true though. "If those girls sees me, they'll forget about that band you are talking about."
I smile up at him, while he is still holding my coat's collar and dragging me back to his car. "Then distract them so i could take a picture with them!" he glares at me. "You're stupid sometimes you know that?"

“But Kris.”

“But.”

“But.”

“But.”

“Butttttttt”

“Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt Krisssss”

“Bu—“ He stops from walking and abruptly turn me to face him, his face shows irritation. “One more but and I swear.” He talks through gritted teeth and I am enjoying the way he is annoyed with me right now.
“And you swear what?” I snapped back, challenging him.
“But But But but but but but but but but—“ He suddenly pulls my hand towards him, “Will you shut the -“, but due to the intensity of his pull, I tripped on my feet causing me to lose my balance and I have to close my eyes, awaiting for the fall. Instead of feeling the cold ground, I felt myself landing on a warm body, I flutter my eyes open and sees Kris’ face cringing in pain from the fall, for a few seconds I just stare at him blinking in surprise. “You didn’t have to.” I utter quietly, immediately standing up and dusting off my clothes. Kris did the same but slowly, since his back hurts. “Catching girls is not my style. I would let you hurt yourself if you didn’t pull me with you.” He snaps, dusting off his clothes.

I roll my eyes at him and start walking back to his car. How ungentleman.


HI GUYS O U O <3 
i'm baek HAHAHAHA
and this chapter is just idk.