Marry the Night

Fame isn't all.

In the pitch dark Taemin walked through the city, enjoying the silence and the beauty of Seoul at night. He just wished he could walk here with his friends. They were probably still rehearsing for their comeback. Taemin felt a pang of jealousy in his heart when he thought about that. He sighed and looked up to the sky. Through the light of the buildings around him he could see the full moon. He loved the full moon more than anything. It had something magical and it made him feel calm inside. 

 

He kept walking till he reached a big park which he entered silently. Nothing was moving and the streetlights were shedding only a little light on the field of green grass. Taemin walked to the middle of it and looked around. He took in all the beautiful trees and sniffed up the fresh air. Then he took out his iPod from his pocket and put the earphones in his ears. He the music and smiled. He slowly began moving his head and rolled his neck a few times. Then he shook his arms and his legs. He stretched and just enjoyed the flow of the song. When he was done he took a deep breath and did a few steps to the right. He saw his shadow on the grass and did a step forward. He then made a pirouette and saw his shadow following him. The Dance Of The Shadow had began and he enjoyed every second of it.

 

When the song died out, Taemin stood still panting. It was unexpectedly warm for an autumn evening. He looked around, but already knew no one was looked at him. He took off his shirt and looked down. He blushed a little while he thought about the good body he knew Minho had. Minho had been training ever since they had met. He had often asked Taemin to come along, but the youngest had never really felt the urge to go. Now he regretted it. 

He looked at the grass and wanted to feel it with his feet. He took off his shoes and socks and felt the warm grass tickling his feet. He smiled and felt intensely happy for just a few seconds. Then he remembered why he was standing here in the middle of the night and his smile faded away. He sighed and listened to the next song coming up. This time it was more up tempo and his body immediately began dancing to the beat. 

 

This went on for at least two hours. Eventually he fell down on the grass totally exhausted and panting like crazy. While he lay there on his back watching the stars and the full moon, he smiled once again. He promised himself that he would come here next time with Minho. Just to show him how beautiful this place was. 

He slowly stood up and looked at his watch. It was already two o'clock in the night and Taemin yawned. It was time to go home. He slowly walked out of the park, silently promising the trees and the grass he would come back.

 

When he reached his house he carefully climbed up the drainpipe. The thing moaned under his weight and for a second he was afraid he would fall down, but luckily he reached his window without any more trouble and he quickly went inside. He stopped for a few seconds to listen if his parents had heard him come in, but it stayed quiet. He smiled relieved and quickly made himself ready for a good night sleep.

When he finally lay in bed, he immediately fell asleep. He was having a nightmare though. Again the one with Minho leaving him behind. Covered in cold sweat he woke up the next morning. The bags under his eyes were enormous and he felt like he had run all night.

 

"Baby, are you coming? Your school is beginning today!" His mother called from downstairs and Taemin sighed. He quickly got himself ready and tried to cover up the bags as much as possible, but when he came down his mother blinked surprised.

"What's the matter, baby? Did you have a nightmare? Everything is going to be okay. I know you're afraid things won't work out at school, but I'm sure they'll be very nice." She said and she smiled reassuring.

 

*That's not the problem.* Taemin thought while he ate his breakfast. *If I would tell them why I'm really this tired they would probably give me house arrest for the rest of my life.*

 

"Come on, sweetie. We're going. I'll drop you off on the way to my work." His mother said and Taemin stood up.

 

"Umma, I'm old enough to go to school by myself. Please don't do this to me." He said in a whiny voice, but his mother shook her head.

 

"Nope. It's way too cold outside to let you walk to school. Just get into the car." She said and with that she disappeared out of the living room.

 

Taemin sighed and walked to the car. His mother got in also and not much later they arrived at Taemin's school. It was huge. Taemin swallowed. The nerves did get him now. His mother smiled.

"Don't worry, sweetie. They'll be really nice. I'm sure. Here's your lunchbox and you have your backpack, right? Let's go and have a lot of fun today!" She kissed him on the cheek and then he got out of the car.

 

When he walked to the entrance of the school he felt a few eyes on him. He ooked around and felt his heart skip a beat when he saw a few mean looking guys looking at him. They were grinning at him and when they saw he looked at them they walked towards him.

 

"Look who we have here. A newby and a mom's favorite in one. This is a real treat for us." The tallest one said when they got to him. Taemin looked at the ground and tried to walk away.

"Not so soon, newby. What's your name, beauty?" The boy said and he grabbed Taemin's arm. Taemin froze and swallowed.

 

"L-Let me go." He whispered, but the boy just laughed.

 

"I just want to know what you're called. Come on, don't be so shy." He said and he turned him around. Still Taemin didn't look up. "Why won't you look at me? That's rude, you know." The boy said and at that moment Taemin felt a hand under his chin. His face was lifted and he was forced to look right into the face of the tall guy. Taemin struggled to free himself, but the boy was too strong. The captured boy looked at the face of the tall boy and had to admit the boy was really beautiful. The boy had deep blue eyes and dark hair that fell a little into his eyes. His jaw was strong and smooth. He was definitely a ladieskiller. Taemin could see that right way, but right now he didn't really care about that.

 

"I-I'm Taemin and please let me go." He squealed and the boy laughed.

 

"Nice name for such a beauty. Why the long face? We're really nice, right guys?" He said and he looked at the two boys standing behind him. One nodded smiling mean while the other looked at the ground. Taemin got a quick look at the two, but he could immediately see and sense that the last boy wasn't feeling comfortable with this.

 

"I'm Dae-Hyun and these are Chul and Jong-In, but we call him Kai." The tallest boy said and he finally let him go.

 

Taemin looked at Kai with suspicion. Something made him think that Kai wasn't as mean as the other two boys although he was with them. Before he could think about it even more, the bell rang and the four boys looked up surprised.

 

"We'll see you around, newby. Don't get too comfortable here. You never know what happens here..." Dae-Hyun said and he smirked. Then he walked passed him and into the school. Chul walked after him, but bumped into Taemin when he walked passed him. Taemin fell backwards on is and growled. Chul just laughed and kept walking. 

Kai on the other hand stopped and seemed to hesitated. Taemin looked at him and for a moment their eyes locked. 

 

"Kai, come here!" Dae-Hyun called from the entrance. Kai still hesitated a little, but eventually he walked away. He looked over his shoulder and mouthed: "I'm sorry." 

 

Taemin nodded and then he slowly got up. Then he realized he was the only one in the schoolyard and he quickly went inside. He didn't want to be too late for his first class. 

 

When he sat down, he noticed Kai sitting before him. Taemin smiled. Maybe Kai was friends with Dae-Hyun, but the boy was convinced Kai didn't feel happy about it. When the class began, Taemin quickly lost his interest. He stared out of the window and thought about his friends. He would see them tomorrow again, but it felt like ages. He wished it was night already. Then he could escape this cruel world with his dancing. 

 

*One day I would like to marry the night.* He thought dreamy and he smiled because of his own thoughts.

 


 

A/N: Finally it's finished. I've been working for school so hard, I'm glad I could finally relax a little while writing this chapter. I hope you like it. And before the questions are coming: Yes, it's Kai from Exo. I love their friendship and I wanted to do something with it, so yeah... 

I totally love the poster by the way! You too? It's so great! 

Let me know what you think about this chapter, the story or whatever by commenting, subscribing or voting up. 

See ya all later! ^_^