Confused feelings

Fame isn't all.

"So, tell me... How has life been going the past few days?" Key asked when they finally all greeted the maknae. He sat down next to him. Key studied the younger one carefully. *He lookes tired. I hope he doesn't have sleepless nights because of us.* He thought worried. 

Taemin managed to smile while he hugged Minho. He slowly felt the tears falling. *I can't cry when they can see me. They have to think I'm having a good time without them.* He thought desperately and he quickly sniffed. 

"Taemin? Are you crying? Is everything okay?" Minho asked worried when he heard his friend sniffing. 

"No, there's just something in my eye." The latter said. He smiled and sat down next to Key. "So, great news, hm? You're debuting in six months. You must be so excited!" He went on and he tried to sound happy. 

Minho frowned. Something wasn't right. He knew Taemin way too good to believe him, but he saw Taemin wasn't going to tell them anything. He decided to play the game with him, but he promised himself he would talk about it with Taemin later on. 

"Yeah, we kind of are. But we have to work so hard." Onew said. It seemed like he didn't noticed the fake smile on Taemin's face. "We have to practice all day and most of the night, but the song we're debuting with is so cool." He went on and slowly Minho saw Taemin's smile fading.

"Yeah, it is. But I want to know how you're holding on, Tae." He quickly interupted Onew. "Do you have friends already? Are the kids at school nice? Do you still dance?" Minho tried to launch as much questions as he could think of to keep Taemin's mind of the debut.

Taemin hesitated. Should he te his friends about Dae-Hyun? He didn't want to make his friends worry anymore than they already did. "I'm having a good time. Everyone at school is nice to me. I already have some friends. One of them would really like to meet you. Is that okay?"

"Sure! Your friends are our friends. It he nice? Or is it a she?" Key asked and he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Hyung! It's a boy." Taemin said embarrassed. The other boys laughed when they saw their youngest friend blush. 

"Okay, let's get something to eat." Onew said and they started walking. Minho hesitated a little and walked a little behind the group. Taemin turned around and looked at him. *He's my best friend. I should tell me how I really feel. He'll understand. No, I can't. He already has so much on his mind. I can handle it myself.* He thought while he waited for him.

"Taemin, I have the feeling you're hiding something for us. Am I right? If so, please don't do that. You know we care about you. I care about you a lot." The last thing was whispered so soft only Taemin could hear it. 

Taemin tried to hold in his tears. "I know, Min. I really care about you too. I'm telling the truth. Of course I miss you guys, but I'm finally getting on with my life. Maybe it was even better for me to be kicked out of SM." It really hurt him to say this, but he had to convince his friends he was okay. He saw Minho still hesitating.

"Hey lovebirds! Are you coming or what? My chicken is waiting for me!" Onew yelled from upfront and the two boys laughed. The tension was broken and Taemin let out a sight of relief. They quickly followed their friends to lunch. 

*He doesn’t believe me. , what do I have to do to convince him?* He thought and he smiled nervously.

When their food arrived they immediately digged in. Taemin yamhed and he felt his eyes grew heavy.

“Taemin, are you okay? You look really tired. What have you been doing this night?” Key asked worried.

“I’ve been dancing in the park.” Taemin said absently. Immediately he knew he had said something wrong.

“What! You have to dance at night? Why? You can just dance in a studio, right?” Minho said surprised.

*Oh , now I have to explain this. How?!* Taemin thought desperate. He sighed and decided to just tell the truth. He couldn’t hide everything from his friend.

“Well, the thing is…”

“Well, look who we have here.” A voice interupted Taemin and the boy looked up. Dae-Hyun was towering above him and smiled.

*Oh no, not now!* Taemin tried hard not to squel.

“Hello, are you a friend of Taemin’s?” Onew asked.

“You could say that.” Dae-Hyun said softly and his gaze didn’t leave Taemin’s face.

“How nice! What’s your name?” Onew went on.

*Please, Hyung… Don’t do this.* Taemin thought desperately and he tried to signal the older one to stop. Onew was still looking at the person standing before them and didn’t see the younger one signing. Minho on the other hand did see the panic in Taemin’s eyes.

*Something isn’t right here. Taemin is obviously scared of this person. We need to get him out of here.* He thought and he studied the boy standing before them.

“Taemin, I want to show you something. Can you come with me?” He said while still studying Dae-Hyun’s face.

“Sure, Hyung. Where is it?” Taemin answered and Minho heard the relief in his voice. *Something is definately not right. I have to find out what.* He thought while he stood up and walked away.

Key and Onew looked a little bit suprised, but then they smiled. They understood that the two needed some time alone. They were best friends and they needed some privacy.

“So, I would still like to know your name.” Onew turned to the boy again. He didn’t know what tot think of the boy. He had said to be a friend of Taemin, but somehow he didn’t really found that believeable.

“I’m Dae-Hyun.” The boy said while he watched Taemin and Minho go. “It was nice to meet you, but I have to go.” The boy said and before they could answer he walked away.

“Well, that was an interesting fellow.” Key said and he frowned.

“I don’t trust him.” Onew then said and Key nodded, lost in thoughts.

 


 

“Now tell me what’s really the matter. This time I don’t want any excuses or lies, understand me?”

Minho and Taemin had reached a bench in the park. They were sitting beneath a blossom and the park was really quiet. Taemin looked at his hands in his lap.

*Can I really tell him? Can I really tell him about the misery I feel when I think about them without me? Can I really tell him about my secret dancing, about my maybe feelings for Kai, about Dae-Hyun?* He thought.

“Taeminnie, you know I’m always there for you. Why do you hide it from me? I know something isn’t right. Please tell me. It’s hurts me to see you so unhappy.” Minho whispered and he took the younger one in his arms.

That was the moment Taemin broke down. “I-I can’t take it a-any longer, M-Minnie. I miss you g-guys so m-much. My mother f-forbid me to dance, b-because she thinks i-it wil reminds me t-too much of you g-guys. I can only dance a-at night. That’s why I-I’m so exhausted.” The tears streamed down his face and he lay his head on Minho’s shoulder.

“Taemin… Why didn’t you tell us? You know we’re always there for you. Why would you keep this a secret?” Minho asked and Taemin could hear the hurt in his voice.

“I-I didn’t want you to w-worry anymore than y-you already do. And y-you have a d-debut to prepare f-for.” The younger one went on.

“Taemin, you’re way more important than a debut. Never forget that. Never ever forget that.” Minho whispered in Taemin’s ear and he hugged the maknae thighter.

They just sat there for a while, getting comfort from eachothers presence.

“Let’s get back to the others. Key and Onew wil be very worried if we stay away too long.” Minho eventually said and Taemin nodded weakly.

“Please don’t tell them. I don’t want them to know. Especially Key. He will immediately behave like an umma and try to cheer me up. I don’t feel like that right now.” He said and Minho smiled.

“Yeah, you’re right. Key will immediately go into umma-mode. We don’t need that right now. I’ll keep it a secret on one condition. You’ll call me every two days to keep me posted and no more secrets, promised?” The older one said while he looked into Taemin’s big watery eyes.

*How I hate to see those eyes watery. I would love to see his smile, his real smile again.* He thought.

“Okay, I promise, Min. Now let’s go.” Taemin answered and after drying his tears and cleaning up a bit they walked back to the restaurant their friends were still sitting.

They didn’t notice the shadow looking at them. If you listened closely, you could hear it chuckle. Then it disappeared into the park. 

When they sat down, Key looked at Taemin. "You still didn't answer the question if you're still dancing. I hope so, 'cause you're amazing at it!" He said and the other boys smiled.

Taemin felt a warm fussy feeling filling him up and he blushed. "I'm still dancing. The friend I talked to you about is also a very good dancer." 

"It's nice you have a friend to dance with. How are your other friends? And did you meet a nice girl already?" Onew asked teasingly. 

"My other friends are... really nice. They welcomed me with open arms the first day of school. And for the girls: there are some I really like." Taemin lied. He tried to look as cool as possible, but when he glanced at Minho he saw the boy frowning. *He doesn't believe me. , what do I have to do to convince him?* He thought and he smiled nervously. 

 


A/N: Finally another update. I find it really hard to continue with this story. I have a lot of ideas but somehow I just can't write them into the story. Frustrating!! I hope you'll bear with me and still read my updates. Thank you so much if you're still reading. You're the best!

 

Oh and tomorrow is Taemin's birthday! He'll be 22 in international age. Man, how big... *.*