Sweet goodbye

Fame isn't all.

After the two boys had eaten and had dressed, the five boys sat around the table to talk about today. 

 

"What are we going to do today?" Jonghyun asked and the four boys looked at Taemin. "It's your call, Tae."

 

The youngster smiled brightly and then blushed. "A-Actually I would love to go to an amusement park." He said hesitated and the other boys laughed. They weren't even surprised Taemin had suggested it.

 

"Okay, to the amusement park it is." Key said and Taemin smiled brightly. 

 

After fifteen minutes everyone was ready to go and quickly they left the building. It was remarkably quiet in the hallways. Although only a few kids had to leave it still felt like the whole building was empty right now. 

They had to go with the bus, so it took them about an hour before they arrived. When they had finally arrived, Taemin couldn't contain his excitement any longer and ran straight to the first roller coaster. 

 

"Minho, Umma! Come on, let's begin with this one!" He yelled to his hyungs. 

 

Minho immediately obeyed and walked to the maknae. Key hesitated. He hated roller coasters. 

 

"You don't like them, right?"

Surprised Key looked over his shoulder and saw Jonghyun standing behind him. He smiled and shook his head.

"I hate them, but if it's for Taemin..." He said and he swallowed. Jonghyun grinned and grabbed his friend's hand. 

 

"Come on, let's go. I'm coming with you. Onew-hyung is buying something  to eat, so he won't notice me gone." The dino-looking boy said and he dragged Key towards Taemin and Minho who were now waiting impatiently.

 

"Let me guess... He went to get some chicken?" Key asked and Jonghyun nodded laughing. "Will he ever change?" Key mumbled and Jonghyun stopped. It seemed like he had heard Key and he turned around.

 

"No, Key. I don't think so and honestly I hope he'll never change either. I love everyone the way they are now." He said and Key was a little surprised by the sudden serious tone of his friend.

 

 

"Well... I could change. I have to get better to make us debut. You know that..." He said and he looked down a little sad. Suddenly he felt a  few fingers under his chin and his face was lifted. He looked righ into the big eyes of Jonghyun.

 

"Don't ever say that again, Kibum. You're perfect as you are. Don't ever change. I love you for who you are now, arrasso?" The older boy said and Key blushed while he nodded.

 

"Guys! We're still waiting for you! Come on!" Taemin yelled and by that the moment between Key and Jonghyun was over. They smiled at each other and walked hand in hand to the waiting boys. 

 

"Finally... What took you so long?" Minho asked when they finally reached them. 

 

"Just... Making sure everything was perfect." Jonghyun said and he peeked at Key. The younger one blushed slightly, but the other boys didn't seem to notice and Taemin was already standing in line for the roller coaster, impatiently calling Minho to come stand beside him.

 

"Let's just go." Key said with a sight and he stood behind Taemin with Jonghyun next to him. The other boys smiled because of Key's reluctantly to go on a roller coaster.

 


 

"That was so awesome!"

Taemin was practically flying when he got out of the roller coaster and Minho laughed. The boys looked behind them to see Jonghyun supporting a very green looking Key. 

 

"Hyung... Are you alright?" Minho asked worried, but Key just gestured him to be silent. Jonghyun smirked. 

 

"I think those roller coasters are not the best idea for his stomach." The boy said and Minho nodded hesitated. 

 

"Umma... How do you feel?" Taemin asked a little worried. Key tried to stand up and smile at the maknae, but when he tried that his eyes grew big and he quickly ran to a garbage can. 

 

"Well, there goes his breakfast." Jonghyun said dryly and Minho laughed. 

 

"Guys, what are you doing? Why is Key throwing up in a garbage can?" Onew came walking to them with a big bucket of chicken in one hand and the other carried a bag full of sweets. 

 

"SWEETS! Thank you, Hyung!" Taemin yelled and he immediately opened the bag and began digging in it. 

 

"Key went on a roller coaster and we all know that's not the best idea for our umma." Jonghyun answered the oldest and Onew chuckled. 

 

"Poor boy... It was because Taemin asked him, right?" He asked and Jonghyun nodded. "Should have know. Key will never ever reject anything that Taemin asks him." Onew went on and they watched Key now walking (well, more staggering) towards them. When the boy reached them and he saw Taemin eating all the sweets, he immediately stood straight.

 

"Taemin! You can't eat so much sweets! That's bad for your teeth." He said and the other boys chuckled. Taemin stopped eating and looked at his friend. 

 

"Aaah, please umma. It's the last day I can enjoy them with you guys." He said and it immediately became quiet. They had all tried to avoid the subject of Taemin leaving them, but now it was there again. They all looked at each other and could see the sad expressions on each others faces. 

"Oh come on, Hyungs. I don't want you to be so sad. I'm not dying or something. We will still be friends and keep contact, right?" The maknae said when he noticed the sad expressions of his hyungs.

 

"Of course, Tae. It's just... We will really miss you." Minho said and Taemin let go of the sweets. He walked to his friend and smiled. 

 

"I know, Min. I will miss you all and especially you..." He said and he hugged his best friend. 

 

"Okay, group hug!" Onew yelled and silently the boys all hugged the two boys and they just stood there for a while, enjoying each others company. 

 

"Let's go to the merry-go-around." Key eventually said and the others nodded. "That's something that's more my style." The boy said softly and the other boys laughed. 

 

When they reached the merry-go-around, they immediately could enter. There was just one problem...

 

"What?! I can't eat in the attraction? But I can't leave my chicken behind!" 

 

"What's the problem, Hyung?" Jonghyun asked worried at Onew. The older boy clearly seemed quite upset. 

 

"They won't let me take my chicken with me! Can't you believe it?" The older one said and he sank down on a bench next to the attraction. 

 

Jonghyun snorted. "Oh come on, Hyung. I bet you already ate about three of those buckets, right?"

 

Onew blushed and looked down. "A-Actually I ate four of them already. This is my fifth." He said softly and now Jonghyun had to laugh really hard. The other boys now also came to see what was happening.

 

"What's the matter, Hyung?" Taemin asked and when Jonghyun had explained it, the other boys all grinned. "Oh, Hyung... Let's just ask if they want to save your chicken while you're enjoying the attraction, okay?" The youngest one suggested and Onew thought about it for a while. Then he nodded and he smiled again. 

 

"Thank you, Taeminnie~. What would I do without you?" He said and Taemin showed a sad smile. 

 

"You'll find out soon enough, Hyung." He said softly, but the rest of the boys were already too far away to hear him. 

 


 

They enjoyed the rest of the day together and when it became dark, they sat around a camp fire that had been set up for the visitors in the cold weather. They talked and laughed with each other, enjoying every moment they still had as a group of five.

Too soon for them the time came for them to go back to the dorm. 

 

"We need to go now. You still need to pack your bags." Key eventually said and Taemin nodded silently. "Don't worry, baby. We'll all help you and be there with you till the very end." The older boy said and he smiled. He hugged Taemin and then they walked to the exit of the park. When they had almost reached the exit, Key felt a small warm hand slipping into his. He immediately recognized it as Taemin's and he smiled. With his other hand he grabbed Jonghyun's hand and he felt the boy squeezing it. 

Taemin was glad to feel Key's warm hand around his and with his other hand he sought Minho's hand. Soon he found it and he interlocked his fingers with him. Minho's thumb softly cherished the back of his hand and Taemin felt himself going warm inside. 

Jonghyun felt the connection between all his friends and he quickly grabbed Onew's hand. Although the older boy seemed a little surprised by this gesture he quietly accepted it and grabbed Jonghyun's hand firmly.

 

All the people walking past them would smile seeing five young boys walking hand in hand. You could just feel the great friendship between the five of them and if you looked really closely you would be able to notice some sad expressions on their faces. But nobody took the time to look at them that well, so nobody noticed except themselves.

 


 

"You have everything, Tae?" Onew asked for the fourth time in ten minutes and Taemin nodded again.

 

"Yes, Hyung. I still have everything. Just like two minutes ago." He said and Onew blushed a little.

 

"Sorry, Tae. I just don't want you to forget anything." He said softly and Taemin smiled. 

 

"I know, Hyung. Thank you for that." The youngest one said. 

 

"Taemin, it's time for you to go. It's almost twelve o'clock." Key said while he came walking in. Taemin nodded silently and swallowed. He suddenly felt very nervous. He would leave his comfort zone and enter the world he had actually left behind almost two years ago. He knew he could still come home, but the house where he was born wasn't his real home anymore. It was with these guys...

 

Slowly the five of them walked to the entrance of the building, where a van was waiting to bring Taemin home to his parents. When they reached the van and had put all the baggage of Taemin in the van, they just stood there awkwardly. Nobody really knew what to do or say.

 

Eventually Key stepped forward and just hugged the maknae. "Tae, although you're leaving us now, we'll still be friends and you can always call me if you're worried about something or if you just want to talk to me." He whispered in his ear and he felt a few warm tears dripping on his shirt. The maknae was crying he realized and that made him cry also. "Please don't cry, Tae-baby. It hurts me to see you so sad." He said with a voice thick of tears. Taemin didn't answer, but just hugged him.

 

After a while they let go and Key stepped back. Jonghyun replaced him and smiled. "I'm not going to be as sad as Key here. He's such a crybaby." He said teasingly and Taemin smiled through his tears. The two boys just stood across from each other and looked at each other. 

"Let's work out some time. You really need to get some muscles if you want to get a girl." Jonghyun finally said and he quickly hugged Taemin. The latter nodded against his shoulder and hugged him tightly.

 

Then it was Onew's turn. "Just... Keep being yourself and keep dancing, Tae. You're a miracle when it comes to dancing. I'm sure you'll eventually find your dream job even though it's not with us." He said and then he also hugged the maknae. Taemin smiled because of Onew's wise words and hugged him back. 

"Thank you, Hyung. I'll keep you posted." He whispered and then they let go.

 

Last, but not least it was Minho's turn. The two boys looked at each other and didn't know what to say. Eventually Minho said something. "C-Could you please leave us alone for a while?" 

 

The other boys immediately nodded and went inside the building. Key smiled. "I hope their goodbye will not be too sad. I'm afraid Tae won't be able to handle that." He said softly, but then he heard a soft crying next to him. He looked to the side and laughed. "Oh please, don't tell me you're crying?! And you said I was the crybaby." He said and he hugged Jonghyun who was now crying his eyes out. 

"I-I just wa-wanted to be s-strong for Taemin." The older boy said while he cried in his best friends chest. Onew couldn't help to smile a little too. Although Jonghyun mostly seemed really toughed and cool, he was actually the biggest crybaby of them all.

 


 

"I don't think we have too much time, Hyung." Taemin said when the boys had gone inside. The chauffeur was already sighing loudly, making clear he was already waiting long enough. 

 

"It's still Minho for you, Tae. You know that." Minho said softly and Taemin smiled a little. It was just too painful for him to call him Minho right now. It reminded him of their close relationship and that only made the departure even more difficult. 

"Tae... I... I don't know what to say. You know I'll miss you like crazy, right? Before you came I was the maknae of SM Entertainment. When you came I saw my place snatched away and although at first I didn't like it, I kind of noticed it had his advantages. I could take care of you like no one else could, 'cause I knew how you felt, being the maknae and all. From the moment I first saw you dancing I knew you were special. I'm still convinced that you're special and I always will be. I just hope you won't forget me when you've moved on. Promise me you'll never forget me." He said and his voice was barely more than a whisper. 

Taemin could feel the tears streaming down again. "Min... Hyung, you know I'll never forget you. Just promise me you'll never forget me too. You were the first one to make me feel at home at this big place. I was so young when I came here and I was really scared at the beginning. You made me feel welcome and you became my friend. Thank you for that. Even though I'm leaving now, we'll still keep in touch. When you guys debut, I'll be there sitting first row. When you guys win a price, I'll be there to congratulate you and when you're having a hard time, I'll be there to talk to you and help you. Don't ever forget that, arrasso?" The maknae ended his speech and Minho hugged him tightly. They both cried thinking about the times they had spent together and eventually Key was the one to interrupt them.  

 

"Tae... Your driver is practically killing you with his eyes. I think it's time for you to go." He said and Taemin smiled. He looked at the driver and shivered. Key was right. The driver looked quite angry and he rolled his eyes. 

 

"Okay, but I want just one last group hug." He said and the boys immediately obeyed him. In the middle of his four friends Taemin could feel the love and safety and he wished time could just stop. When Onew eventually broke the hug, Taemin felt a pang of disappointment in his heart and with heavy steps he walked to the van. He opened the door and sat down. 

 

"We'll let you know when we'll debut." Key said while he leaned against the car and looked inside. 

 

"If we ever debut..." Jonghyun followed him and Taemin giggled. 

 

"Don't worry, Hyung. You'll debut soon enough. I'm sure of it. I'll be waiting for you and cheering you on." He said and he looked straight into Minho's eyes remembering the words he had said to him only a few minutes ago. The older one nodded reassuring and managed to smile a little. Then the door closed and the van started moving. Taemin quickly opened his window and stuck his head outwards. 

 

"Bye Tae! Visit us when you have the time!" Key screamed while the van slowly made the gab between the boys bigger. 

 

"We'll miss you, Tae! Don't do things I would do." Jonghyun yelled and Key slapped him softly. 

 

"See you soon, maknae. Keep the faith!" Onew yelled and a few tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

"Don't forget our promise!" Minho yelled and the other boys looked at him surprised.

 

Taemin just waved and cried. The cold breeze made his tears freeze on his cheeks, but he didn't care. He wanted to look at his friends as long as he could and when the van eventually turned around a corner and the boys went out of side, Taemin sat down and closed the window, letting his tears stream down. 

 


 

A/N: So... That was a long one. I hope you didn't became bored reading it. ;) I tried to make the friendship between the boys as clear as possible. I hope I succeeded. Please let me know what you think! Comment or subscribe please! ^_^