Good ing lord how the do you even play basketball.

Senpai is Never going to Notice you.

 

“Chen, what in the name of Holy Krisus is that.” Tao stares pointedly at the gigantic fluorescent pink badge pinned to Chen’s collar. Chen doesn’t respond, instead, he wrinkles his nose in distaste and shifts further away from Tao.

 

“Holy Krisus? Really? I thought we were friends, Tao.” Chen’s eyes narrow into slits and he glares at the betrayer. “Start using ‘Holy Chenzi’. I command you to.”

 

Tao ignores all of that and strides forward to grab hold of the annoyingly gayer-than-gay badge.

 

“Why does this say ‘Professional Potato’?”

 

“Shush, none of your business.” Chen waves Tao away and leisurely saunters off to his next class, Health Education or some useless thing. “Remember, ‘Holy Chenzi’.”

 

Tao throws his Chemistry book at his back in respond.

 

When he walks in to his Chemistry class later, he immediately regrets not going back to pick up the book. Regret comes in the physical form of everyone in the class staring at him when he raises his hand to politely tell the teacher that he threw the book at some idiot earlier that day so he doesn’t have a book, please may he share with someone else?

 

The teacher does not stand for any nonsense whatsoever and thus sends Tao out of her class.

 

Tao stands at the closed door for a while, pouting and scuffing the wall with his sneakers, until something magical happens. Something he would gladly give up all his textbooks for.

 

Senpai is walking towards him.

 

Tao feels his world spin underneath his feet as senpai glances at him holy and then he’s walking closer and closer god. Three metres, two, one…

 

Senpai smirks at him.

 

Tao thinks he would have fainted if it wasn’t for the fact that his knees were stiff and locked together from standing outside so long. Nonetheless, Kris brushes past him and into the class coolly. Tao stares and keeps on staring long after the door swings shut because did he actually get close to senpai for the first time ever.

 

The answer to that is yes.

 

Tao breaks out into an uncontrollable grin and jumps around happily, squealing and clapping even though people passing in the hallway send strange looks his way.

 

Who cares?

 

Tao’s about to do his celebratory dance when the door opens again and Kris rushes out, accompanied by an obnoxious, evil laughter Tao somehow manages to recognize as one of Kris’s friend’s.

 

“.” Kris cusses and Tao gasps because Kris sounds incredibly hot. “, son of a ing .”

 

Tao thinks he’s gonna die.

 

Kris then looks right at him and smiles sheepishly. “Got sent out of the class for being late. You?”

 

Tao stutters and stammers a half-assed answer because how else could he respond? Act normally as if he didn’t have the biggest crush on Kris ever?

 

“N-no bo- book.”

 

Kris nods and leans against the wall like that was a perfectly socially acceptable answer (It’s not).

 

There’s an awkward as silence because there’s no topic whatsoever for them to talk about until some tall- giant with fried hair walks past and sniggers loudly at the sight of Kris.

 

“Oh my god, Yifan you loser.” The guy chuckles and just about skips towards Kris.

 

Yifan? Who’s Yifan? Kris? No.

 

“You always get sent out of class, man.” The guy’s voice is seductively attractive, and deep. Deep as balls.

 

“Naw, I was late this time.” Kris claps the deep balls guy on the shoulder and that looked like it hurt.

 

Tao tries not to stare and melt and blend with the wall because, y’know, it’s naturally impolite to be ogling someone while they’re talking to their friend.

 

“Hey, who’s this?”

 

Aaanndd…he’s dragged into the conversation.

 

“Er…Huang Zitao. But people call me Tao.” He’s halfway into formally bowing until he realizes that bowing’s probably considered old-fashioned and stuff amongst the cool people. “Nice to meet you?” He awkwardly offers a hand after snapping straight upright.

 

“Hmmm.” Kris’s friend (, his friend) looks Tao up and down, then takes his hand with a blinding smile. “Nice to meet you, Taozi. I’m Park Chanyeol. Call me Yeol or Yeollie or Channie or whatever floats your boat. Oh, you’re the perfect height for Kris, you know that?” Chanyeol claps his hands together and brings them to his cheek like a lovesick teenager.

 

“You know what, you would be perfect on the basketball team.” Chanyeol gasps.

 

Kris rolls his eyes, like he’s used to all of Chanyeol’s outbursts, and starts shoving Chanyeol away forcefully. “Nope, we already have a full team. We don’t need more.”

 

Chanyeol responds to that by shoving his hand into Kris’s face and Tao wants to cry because why can’t he be Chanyeol’s hand.

 

“Shush, Yifannie. I’m Captain-“

 

“And I’m Vice-Captain-“

 

“No one cares! I’m Captain therefore I will decide if I want new additions to the team!” Chanyeol turns to Tao with that blinding smile again. “Are you in any clubs, or stuff?”

 

Tao glances nervously towards Kris, who looks like he’s dying.

 

“Well I’m in the Green Club-“

 

“Great! You’d have plenty of time for basketball, then! Is tomorrow afternoon okay for you?”

 

“Yes, but-“

 

“Great! See you there, Taozi! Bye Kris, you loser haha.” Chanyeol lets go of Kris finally and waves goodbye to Tao.

 

After Kris regains his breath, they don’t really say anything to each other, because Tao’s still stunned like how did he get a possibility to be on senpai’s team good god.

 

The next day arrives faster than Tao wants it to.

 

 

************

Wow what happened to this haha

yeyz for chanyeol and his shipping skillz

yeyz for everyone thank you for reading hehe