Chapter 3 New

Should I love again?

*Jiyong's situation*

 

After ten hours of flight, we finally reached Paris. As we stepped out of the airport, my father tried to flag a taxi while I turned and looked around the whole place, everything looks so beautiful yet so unfamiliar. Everything that I used to be familiar of, all had to change. My home, my neighbours, my school, my friends and eventually...myself.

 

Everything is so new here, I should forget everything in the past and start a new life. Even though I don't know how long will I take to forget them completely but it is better than remembering them. It hurts to remember him, it hurts to remember myself.

 

I'm the type of person that will give my all to the person that I love and hence I get hurt easily.

 

I don't want to be a fool anymore, I don't want to love anymore and I don't want to get hurt anymore!

 

*End of Jiyong's perception*

 

Few weeks later after moving into their new house, Jiyong got used to his new environment and surrounding very quickly. He also remembered his surroundings very quickly, but the only thing that he still haven't gotten used to it is the absence of Seunghyun. Everytime he did something that related to Seunghyun, he would cry when he is alone while memories flashes in his mind. Even going to the convenience store near his house to buy some food alone would remind him of Seunghyun, as they used to go to the convinience store to buy food together when they were hungry and when their parents were busy. At the thought, Jiyong would hung his head low and few tears would flow down silently without letting anyone notice.

***

 

Today is the first day of school and he doesn't feel excited at all, like he always do back then. He stood outside the teachers' office, leaning against the wall beside the exit and wait for his form teacher to guide him to the class. He saw a group of female students walked passed him and he heard one of them talking to the others "Hey! Have you heard that our school have a new transferred student and he will be our classmate? I heard that he is from Korea and some people say that he looks quite cute!"

 

Jiyong always likes to listen to English music and took English lessons outside of school before, so he understood what that girl is talking about.

 

"Good morning class" the class quickly quiet down as the teacher walked into the class. Jiyong followed behind her and walked into the class too. He stopped beside the teacher and turned to his side to faced the class. As he turned and faced the class "ohhhhh~" can be heard from the students and some of them started whispering to the others.

 

"Class, today we've got a new student who will be joining our class from now on and he is Kwon Jiyong. Please be nice to him." Announced the teacher.

 

"Jiyong, there is an empty seat beside Youngbae. You can sit there." She pointed to the empty seat beside the window. Jiyong bowed slightly to the teacher and moved towards the empty seat as the teacher continue her lesson.

 

As he walked towards his seat. He passed by that girl who he saw just a few minutes ago outside the teachers' office. At the corner of his eyes, he noticed that girl was staring at him intently with widened eyes. But he didn't care to stop and look at her as he continues to proceed to his seat.

 

"Yo wassup! I'm Youngbae, I'm from Korea too! Nice to meet you!" The voice caught his attention and he turned his head to his side to come in faced with a Mohawk hair guy. He smiled slightly at him and turned his head back to faced the front.

 

What's wrong with him? Although he looks really cute but why is he so gloomy? Besides he didn't even answer me at all but that smile he gave feels like he had answered me...!

 

"Class, today I've planned an small activity for you all and I want you all now get into groups of four quickly." Said the teacher and the students quickly stood up to find their groups.

 

Jiyong didn't know where to go so he just sat there quietly. Just then, "let's group together!" Said Youngbae. Jiyong turned his head towards Youngbae and saw him moving his table closer and stopped just as their tables touches.

 

"Can we join your group?" Jiyong turned and saw two girls standing infront of his table. One of them is that girl that he saw outside the teachers' office. Jiyong nodded his head slightly and the girls happily took their chairs and sat infront of him, surrounding his and Youngbae's table.

 

"Hi Jiyong, I'm Isabelle and she is Denise. Nice to meet you." said that girl. Jiyong just reply with a smile like he did to Youngbae just now.

 

"Jiyong, may I know when is your birthday? It's ok if you don't feel like telling" asked Denise with a hopeful voice.

 

"August 18" Jiyong finally spoke.

 

"Ahhhhh~ Do you have anyone that you like? Or do you like any artist?" asked Isabelle this time.

 

Anyone that I like? Seunghyun... NO! Not anymore... Why can't I forget about him yet?!

 

At the thought Jiyong's smile fallen, he dropped his head and stare at his table.

 

"Are you ok?! I'm so sorry that I made you uncomfortable. Sorry." Isabelle apologized with worries. Jiyong rose his head and faced Isabelle with a smile again, "It's ok" Is all he said to her.

 

 

"Class, today's activity will be mix and match. I will be giving each group 2 sets of card. One set will be some pictures of different historical musician and another set will be description of each musician's music style. Although I have not taught you all about each musician's music style yet but I still want you all to try it in your groups first. Try to figure them out by all the music you have heard from various musician before. Those groups who can get all correct will get early lunch break later." Said their form teacher who is also their music history teacher. At the announce of early lunch break, the whole class got excited and started discussing within their group.

 

"Hmmm... He is known as a "transitional" composer. His music is usually aggressive or calm, sometimes mixed, and always emanating." Isabelle picked up a card and read.

 

"Is he Mozart?" asked Denise.

 

"No! I think is J.S Bach! His music does sound a little powerful sometimes..." replied Isabelle.

 

As Isabelle and Denise is debating on their own, Jiyong quietly picked up a card written "Clarity, balance, and transparency are hallmarks of his work." on it and placed it under the picture of Mozart.

 

"See I told you it's not Mozart!" Isabelle argued back at Denise when she saw what Jiyong did. Just then Jiyong picked up another card written "He has talent writting tightly woven music of powerful sonority. He also had eclectic and energetic musical style." on it and placed it under J.S Bach picture. This time Isabelle kept quiet.

 

"Then this card belongs to who?" Denise asked Jiyong while pointing at the card on Isabelle's hand. After hearing what she asked, Jiyong pointed to the picture of Beethoven right infront of Youngbae while smiling to them. "Ohhhhh I see" said Isabelle while she passed the card to Youngbae.

 

"Are you sure Jiyong?" asked Youngbae while he place the card under the picture of Beethoven. Jiyong just nodded while smiling at him. Jiyong continued matching all the discription to various artists without hessitation while the others watched in awe.

 

Wow he is so confident with his answers, seems like he had learnt before. But that school I heard he transferred from wasn't a music school.... Youngbae thought to himself as he watched Jiyong from the side quietly.

 

"Time's up class! I will go around and see your answers." The teacher called out after the time is up and walked around the class looking at every group's answers. After walking around the class, she walked back to the teachers' desk. "Well done class, I can see most of you put in your efforts, none of you all gotten zero and I would like to announce that there is only one group gotten all correct."

 

Everyone in the class started looking around and trying to guess which group will it be. Most of them guessed that it might be the group of smarty just behind of Jiyong and Youngbae. But they all have guessed wrongly.

 

"That group that have gotten all correct is Jiyong's group!" The whole class gathered their attention on Jiyong's group with surprised suddenly while congratulating them with applause.

 

Youngbae eyes widened in disbelief and asked the teacher "so we will have early break?"

 

"Yes Youngbae, you all will have have your lunch break now, but don't be late for the next class. Understood?"

 

"Yes!" Youngbae replied. "Let's go Jiyong!" He quickly pulled Jiyong along and out the class. The four of them walked down the corridor, passing by other classes and towards the staircase. At the staircase, they decided to split up, Isabelle and Denise will proceed to the canteen to eat while Youngbae will bring Jiyong round the school to get him fermiliarize with the school's facilities.

 

"Ahhh he is so cool and smart too!" Isabelle whispered to Denise as they both walk down the stairs.

***

 

"Hey! How did you know all the answers?" asked Youngbae as they turned left and walked pass a computer lab at the same floor as his class.

 

"I've learnt before" Jiyong replied. The reason he knew all the answers is because of Seunghyun. Seunghyun usually likes to collect historical books of music and musician and Jiyong would go to Seunghyun's house during his free time to read those books with him. Sometimes they would read those books again and again just for the sake of staying at each other's side until Jiyong could even memorized all the infomation by heart.

 

"Okay." Youngbae replied with a nod.

 

*Youngbae's perspection*

 

Okay was the only word I can think of replying him now. After that we went silent again as we walk passed the music room. I can see that he doesn't like to talk much, the only time he talks is when answering questions that is directed at him. But other than that he always seems to be in his own world.

 

I wonder what is he thinking about right now...

 

As I looked at him while we walked along the corridor, I could clearly see sadness in his eyes as he hung his head low. That image of him made me feel like protecting him, hugging him and telling him everything is alright...

 

*End of Youngbae's perspective*

 

*Jiyong's situation*

 

Okay was the last thing I heard from Youngbae as we continued walking silently. Just then, we passed by the music room. I can tell that it's a music room because I can see alot of instruments placed neatly in the empty room.

 

Suddenly the scene that happened in the music room that day played in my mind. Seunghyun playing the piano...the moment I confessed and...

 

...the first kiss we shared...

 

...but now infront of me is just an unfamiliar empty music room.

 

Tears suddenly formed in my eyes and I quickly hung my head low. Stop thinking Jiyong! Don't you dare to cry when there is someone beside you!

At the thought I swallowed back my tears as I continued walking along the corridor.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yeepee!!!!! Finally finished updating Chapter 3!!! I'm so sorry for taking so long to update:( Although I'm still having school holidays but I'm really busy with my piano and korean lessons>< But I'm still very sorry T.T ~Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry~

 

By the way, hope you all enjoyed the story!!!^^ and yeepee Youngbae finally appeared!!!:D keke do comment about what you think about my story and I will try my best to improve if there is any mistake^^ So... everyone please take care and I will see you in the next chapter!!!:D 행쇼!!!