Chapter 07.

Series #001: The Man Who Never Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mr Park, Hyungjun, drummed his fingers on his wooden oak table and looked at his phone, who was still showing his previous caller. It was a great deal and also a great opportunity to finally return them the favour too. 

He picked up his phone and called his previous caller. After several rings, the called picked up. "So.. Taehyun. I've considered your offer and I have no objections. But first, I have a few worries."

"Go on."

"Everyone has deemed us to be potential rivals and there would be zero chance of our business merging. Furthermore, your company has reached a low point and it would be tough for the media and people to believe that I'm helping you genuinely, considering how they have no idea of our past." Hyungjun remarked.

"Thats a great point. I didnt realise that. I was so anxious in recovering my company, I had forgotten about your interests too. Sorry." Taehyun apologised.

"Dont apologise! Right now, we have to think of a reason that will allow us to be able to merge easily." There was silence on the line as both men thought hard on how to handle the media without them digging up on their past. Suddenly, Hyungjun heard a knock on the door. It creaked open and Seulmi's head popped in. 

"Dad, I'm home!" She chirped. Hyungjun went over to hug her and Seulmi left the room, not wanting to disturb Hyungjun's business calls.

Hyungjun returned to his seat to be asked with a question, "Was that your daughter?" 

"Yeah," He chuckled. "My one and only pride."

"How old is she?" Taehyun probed like he has something up his sleeve.

"18 this year. Is there a problem?" Hyungjun asked cautiously, turning defensive.

"Nope, but I think I know the solution to our problem. Cliché as it sounds, our kids can get married!" Taehyun sounded cheery over the line and once again, he has forgotten to consider Myungsoo's feelings as he made another decision for him.

Hyungjun gulped unconsciously as he thought of his only daughter getting married to a stranger just because he wanted to return his favour. Hyungjun wasnt like Taehyun, he only wanted the best for Seulmi but he also respects Seulmi's decisions when she doesnt want it. But this time, his mouth decided to do the job for him. "Okay."

Taehyun was esctatic when he heard the reply. This means that his company had hope and he would have nice in-laws too. Myungsoo has to stop fooling around with girls and finally settle down. It was killing three birds with one stone. "Great! I'll tell my son when he gets back. Lets update each other soon!" With that, Taehyun hung up the call.

Mrs Park, Mihyun, walked in with a small tray and placed a cup of ginseng tea with light snacks on his table. Hyungjun loved it when his wife prepares his daily afternoon snacks. He thought of the conversation with Taehyun earlier and inmediately regretted. "Damn.. Mihyun, what have I done?!" 

Seulmi laid on her bed, replaying everything in her mind. She cursed herself for being able to notice every minuscule thing around her. She noticed how her dad seemed to be thinking hard about something and how he would brighten up when he saw her. It made Seulmi feel warm and fuzzy within. If she wasnt lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter