Chapter 08.

Series #001: The Man Who Never Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since the "date", Seulmi has been less awkward around Hoya. However, Hoya wanted things to progress faster than he wanted. He offered to send Seulmi to school everyday but her being Seulmi, she kindly refused.

Hoya knocked on her house door and rocked back and forth, waiting for someone to open it. The white oak door swung open and a graceful looking lady smiled warmly at him. "Oh good morning Hoya. Have you come to send our Seulmi to school again?" 

"Yes Mrs Park, is she ready?" Hoya asked while taking small peeks behind her to see if Seulmi was around.

"Not very sure, but she should be ready by now." Mrs Park looked behind and saw Seulmi dragging herself to the door with her eyes glued to the ground. She was so caught up with all the recent incidents that she didnt even bother to pretend to be happy.

"Honey! Look who's here again." Mrs Park chirped and pulled Seulmi beside her. She lifted her head to see the face she's been seeing every single day and mentally groaned. Hoya knew what she was thinking but a smile was still plastered on his face.

"Lets go Seulmi, before we are late!" Hoya urged, holding her wrists. Seulmi followed silently.

"Have fun at school kids! Stay safe!" Mihyun shouted to them and gave a motherly smile before closing the door. The moment Seulmi heard the door click, she wriggled her hands out of Hoya's grasp and headed to school normally like Hoya wasnt there at all. He sighed but just let it go, knowing that Seulmi wouldnt like it if he insisted for her to go to school with him. Hoya plopped himself into his grey leather car seat and drove off.

Somehow Seulmi was glad that Hoya was an understanding person. She hated people who would force her to do things she didnt want to do. She shrugged and skipped to school like nothing happened. 

At school, Hoya was able to talk a little to Seulmi because they were classmates, thankfully. Seulmi's replies werent enthusiatic or cheerful like how she was when they went out and Hoya had no idea why. He continued to ask her questions and Seulmi was getting a little irritated at how he couldnt take a hint. 

She was about to shout at Hoya until Jihyun managed to get her attention. "When did you get to know Howon? You didnt even tell your best friend!" Hoya overheard Jihyun mentioning his real name and cringed. He never liked people he wasnt close to call him Howon. The name 'Howon' was special to him and he never allowed just anyone to call him that. Nevertheless, he continued to eavesdrop.

"I dont know. He talked to me first." Seulmi shrugged.

"Arent you glad?? You have a crush on him right!" Jihyun squealed. Hoya ears perked up at the word 'crush' and his heart swelled. His palms started to sweat and he leaned in closer. 

"I did say that but.." Seulmi sighed when she thought of Myungsoo, her real crush.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter