Chapter 28.

Series #001: The Man Who Never Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We’re here.” Seulmi announced as the both of them stood outside the Kim household. She glanced at Myungsoo, who was just staring blankly, and had no intentions of going in. *He still doesn’t know the news, huh?* Taking the lead, Seulmi approached the main gate and rang the doorbell.

The double doors of the bronze metal gate opened, allowing the both of them to enter. The door swung open when they reached the porch and a butler was there to greet them. Myungsoo strolled in first, leaving his luggage at the door. Seulmi frowned at how he was dependent on his butler and pulled the luggage in for him.

“Miss, you shouldn’t have! It’s our job.” The butler tried to get the luggage from her but she shook her head.

“It’s alright. I can handle this.”

Seulmi noticed that it was the first time she had ever stepped foot in here. The living room had a white coloured theme and it was definitely as clean and neat as ever. She trailed a finger across the white velvet couch and awed at how soft it felt. *Top notch quality.*

“Seulmi!” She spun around immediately like a thief who was caught stealing. “Welcome home my darling!” Jiyoo squealed and engulfed her in a bone crushing hug the moment she descended the white marble stairs.

“Mum!” Seulmi returned the hug, happy to be back home with people she actually know and recognize.

“Aww, how sweet does that sound!” Jiyoo cooed as she pinched Seulmi’s nose lightly. Seulmi giggled. “Oh, right. Go and freshen up a bit. Your parents will be coming over later. We still have to give you both your wedding gift!”

“There’s no need for that! You’ve done a lot for us.” Seulmi declined politely.

“Nonsense! You called me mum, I have a right to do all these. Go up, alright?” Jiyoo urged. Seulmi didn’t have the heart to reject her and nodded. As she pulled the two luggages behind, Jiyoo stopped her. “Have Myungsoo been a dutiful husband? If he bullies you, tell me. I’ll punish him!” Jiyoo cracked her knuckles.

“Well, of course! I couldn’t ask for a better one than him.” Seulmi fibbed. “Don’t worry, Mum. We’re fine.” Jiyoo seemed appeased with her answer and allowed her to go back to her room. Seulmi let out a heavy sigh and shook her head. *If only you knew.*

Myungsoo stepped out of his bathroom and saw Seulmi sitting on the edge of the bed as she looked out of the window. Evening was fast approaching and the evening hue shone into the room, igniting it into a dark shade of orange. Her back view was petite, with her dark brown curls settling on her shoulders. Suddenly, the peace was ruined when Seulmi stood up and did a fist pump. “You can do this, Seulmi!”

“Do what?” Myungsoo tilted his head as he approached the bed, amused. Seulmi jumped. She hadn’t realized Myungsoo had heard her.

“Nothing.”

“Suit yourself. Go and freshen up.” Myungsoo simply said as he brushed past her to draw the curtains as his eyes are sensitive to light. Before Seulmi entered the bathroom, she peered at Myungsoo who was ruffling his hair in front of the dressing room mirror. It was her second time seeing him when he is fresh from the shower.

Her thoughts travelled back to the time they were in the suite when Myungsoo had actually treated her nicely. *Will that be the last time?* With that, she continued with what she wanted to do.

After 20 minutes, Seulmi came out of the shower to see a darkly lit room. The sun had settled earlier that she had expected. She half expected Myungsoo to be there but he was nowhere to be seen. Throwing her towel into the laundry bucket, she exited the room and heard laughter coming from the living room.

She headed down the stairs and was surprised to see that her parents had already arrived. “Mum, Dad!” She greeted as she ran over and hugged them tightly.

Hyungjun chuckled as he held his precious daughter in his arms. Being an overprotective father, he joked, “I miss you, my princess. Maybe I should bring you home this instant and never let you out of the hou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter