Chapter 29.

Series #001: The Man Who Never Loved Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With her white school shoes, she kicked the little pebble on the pavement she was walking on. The sky was icy blue and despite the sun hovering over the tall trees, the temperature was still low. Seulmi breathed hot air on her hands as she tried to keep herself warm. The morning dew was frozen and appeared as tiny water crystals on the trees. Winter was approaching fast.

She let out a sigh as the prestigious school came into view. She wasn’t ready for school. And she certainly didn’t know how to act around people now that she was known as Mrs. Kim. Embracing herself for what was about to happen to her, she stood up straight and quickened her pace into the school.

Indeed, murmurs were heard as Seulmi walked past them briskly to her own locker. She had half expected it to be good murmurs now that they knew she was actually a heiress and that her husband was the famous Kim Myungsoo. However, her intuition proved her wrong when she opened her locker, to find many notes.

They weren’t just simple plain notes. Neither were they congratulatory messages. They were hate notes. Hate notes that aimed for her self-esteem and heart. Seulmi picked up a pink post it note and skimmed through the content.

“You’re an attention seeking .”

Taking in a deep breath, she crushed the paper and took another note.

“You’re ugly.”

Surprisingly, she didn’t feel exceptionally affected by the comments on the notes. But Seulmi did feel uncomfortable with the sudden attention for her actions. Students along the corridor were silent as they waited for her to shed her first tear. It didn’t happen. Seulmi piled up the notes neatly and shut her locker, before walking to the rubbish bin and throwing it away.

Jihyun was nowhere to be seen and Seulmi understood completely. With the recent scandal, it was of course best if they weren’t spotted together despite being best friends. Pushing that thought aside, she stepped into the classroom and headed for her seat with everyone eyeing her. They shook their heads at her before continuing their work. Seulmi too.

A slam on her table made her eyes look up to greet the uninvited guest. A slim girl, whom Seulmi recognized as the girl who is the most famous for breaking Infinite’s hearts , was standing before her. Her expression wasn’t angry or arrogant. Instead, she looked at Seulmi with an eye contact like she was trying to transmit an important message.

Seulmi cocked her head to the side, baffled with what she was trying to say. Aekyung simply patted her shoulder and left the classroom. Hoya had seen Aekyung approaching Seulmi but he stood outside the classroom and if Aekyung were to try anything, he would not hesitate to go up and beat her into a pulp.

The moment Aekyung left, Hoya rushed to Seulmi. “Are you alright? Did Aekyung do anything to you?!” He asked in concern as he checked her limbs or face for any bruises.

Seulmi retracted her hand from Hoya’s grasp and shook her head lightly. “No, she didn’t do anything to me. I’m fine, Howon.”

Hoya let out a sigh of relief and nodded his head, “Good. If she bullies you, or if anyone dares to lay a finger on you, tell me immediately. Understand?”

“I will, now go back to your seat. The class is starting.” Seulmi shoo-ed him away and smiled a small smile, assuring that she would be fine. Hoya ignored the uneasy feeling settling at the pit of his stomach and heeded her words.

Lunch came quickly and so far, other than glares and glances from some of the students, she was fine. She sat down at the far end of the canteen, taking out her lunchbox and milk. Everyone was chatting happily among their friends, and suddenly it felt like junior year all over again, when she was alone and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter